[OpNet] A place to rest

Thank you, Jade, but please be careful. Some of the people I am involved with (actually, most of the people I am involved with) are very dangerous. If Corbeau thinks that you are hiding something from him, he may invoke harsher measures. Since I didn't have the intention of making him into an enemy, and he hasn't broken the law, yet, I have been avoiding him and waiting for him to give it up. Now, I have dragged you into this little mess. If he makes another apperance, let me

Tuesday, I managed to get your questions off before they got mysteriously wiped, so I'll give you my replies quickly:-

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuesday Childe:

- You are mute to the rest of us but you can hear yourself talk aloud.

No, I can speak quite clearly, although it sounds slightly tinny (like it's coming from a mid-quality speaker). Alex suspects I'm using electrical currents to excite the air and produce the sound unconsciously (I expect to be heard, and thus I am)

Quote:
- When you 'vocalize' there are low level variations in your photo-emission in the ultraviolet and infrared ranges.

Actually, a little higher (just within the radio broadcast frequencies)

Quote:
- You feel light but never weightless.

Kind of; I never feel fatigued at all, and I don't get the heavy sensation if you keep your arm up like biological creatures do. Although I can't say with complete certainty whether I feel lighter than before, I still feel the "weight" of my body if that's what you mean.

Quote:
- Alex notices when you're deep in thought but can't say how he knows.

That one's on the money. He also has an unerring sense of whether I'm in the same room as him (even if I'm hiding). Although, that doesn't seem to be specific to me - He can always tell whether other people are around him. I'm uncertain whether this is just a practiced thing, or whether it's completely natural. I have no explanation for it myself!

Quote:
- You're unusually sensitive to photo variations in the environment, far more so than the average human.

Very true. I can detect photo variations that barely register with normal sensors, in fact. The monitor I use with computers has to be of very high quality, or I just can't use it due to my sensitivity.

Quote:
- You can still 'hear' constant sounds but they're frequently distorted, especially low frequencies. Random intermittent acoustics are pretty much missing.

True; All the CDs I used to listen to are pretty much unlistenable to now.

Quote:
- You haven't heard high frequency sounds since you erupted but when they are present the photoscape seems to vary in colors and intensity although Alex never notices.

Very much so. We tried a dog whistle and while I couldn't hear it the photoscape practically shimmered.

Quote:
- You never dream of flying.

Very occaisonally I do, although it's never a nice sensation when I dream it.

Quote:
How am I doing?

Very good Ms Childe. Have you seen a nova with aberrations similar to mine? Just curious, you have a very good grasp of my sensory life.

Quote:
I wouldn't recommend pushing your mental limitations yet. Your relationship to the implicate order is fairly tenuous at the moment and severing it would have unpleasant side effects.

I would expect so; We tend to try mental pushing of less groundbreaking terms (like pushing up or down photon emmisions, so I glow or become less solid).

Quote:
Oi! Almost forgot, two more questions. After you erupted did anyone do a thermal imaging map of your form and/or MRI? You would've noticed. It takes a good hour to do both and they would have put you in an enclosed cylinder for the tests.

We did a Digital Infrared Thermal Imaging scan (results were on the scale of having a "body temp" of around 15-20 degrees centigrade, evenly distributed through my body. However, such a scan loses accuracy when you emit IR like I do...) but no MRI, as we decided that it was too risky to go through such a large magnetic field when I didn't have full control of my body as yet. I still prefer not to go to places of high magnetism, although we haven't tested whether it's actually detrimental to my health.

But I look forward to seeing what you have in store, Tuesday. Hope to hear from you soon.

No, I haven't met anyone quite like you before. I didn't mean to mislead you on my level of knowledge - but the observations are very indicative from a physics standpoint. And they're not 'aberrations', not in the clinical sense anyway. I bet quantum flux sensors just shoot through the roof when you're nearby, though!

My accuracy is only about 80% but then I misjudged not only your degree of self-actualization but also the center frequency of your primary energy signature. I was assuming your base center frequency was between 7 (10-5) and 6(10-3) centimeters. In actuality it appears I was off drastically and it's actually somewhere above the UV band but below the microwave level.

Alex is close but he's using the wrong metaphor for the symptomatolgy. The tinny quality is due to the loss of low and high frequancies in the transduction of your vocalizations from energy to sound. I bet you were both amazed by the improvement of your speech through the optic microphone.

Professor, I can help with interface equipment, especially since the designs I have in mind won't require eufiber. Eufiber is a simpler method but expensive and it hides some of the sympotms of your condition. One of the problems, and what sounds like a true aberration in the clinical sense, is the quantity of energy you're tranducing constantly and subconsciously. The human eye can actually detect as little as five or six photons in rapid succession. You're so far above that level!

Congratulations on invalidating the Michealson-Morley conclusions on Aether, though.

Let me cruch this one for a bit and I'll have something for you in a day or so. It really is a shame that there's no MRI data. If you elect to revisit the possiblity of doing one make certain you go through a organization like John Hopkins. The new generations of equipment use fields far less powerful than a few decades ago. The sensitivity is far greater though.

Can you give me any detail on your physical interactions? Oh much less solid can you become, what your greatest level of density is and how long can you maintain it?

I'm going to the bank and then I'm going to be shopping for some laser equipment.

Just a small addendum that you may find hopeful. It would seem less that you lack full control of your body and more that you are simply unaware of how to achieve your desired level of control. Not unlike a toddler in some way. You know what you want to do but lack the knowledge, or perhaps merely the experience, to make the thought a reality.

Before your eruption when you dreamed of flying did it bother you in the manner it does now?

------------------

Tuesday Childe

...having far to go

Quote:
Originally posted by TuesdayChilde:
I bet quantum flux sensors just shoot through the roof when you're nearby, though!

You have no idea. Most novas can detect me even without highly developed M-R Nodes, and the few novas I've had more than a few minutes contact with say they feel quite refreshed after meeting me.

Quote:
Alex is close but he's using the wrong metaphor for the symptomatolgy. The tinny quality is due to the loss of low and high frequancies in the transduction of your vocalizations from energy to sound. I bet you were both amazed by the improvement of your speech through the optic microphone.

Immensely. We used the mike mainly to allow me to use voice communication (as well as Voice Recognition on computers, we hadn't quite perfected the light screens yet). We were having particular troubles with conventional microphones, due to rather large amounts of feedback whenever I went near them. (Hence the optic mikes that used visible lasers to transmit the sound information)

Quote:
One of the problems, and what sounds like a true aberration in the clinical sense, is the quantity of energy you're tranducing constantly and subconsciously. The human eye can actually detect as little as five or six photons in rapid succession. You're so far above that level!

You have no idea...

Quote:
Let me cruch this one for a bit and I'll have something for you in a day or so. It really is a shame that there's no MRI data. If you elect to revisit the possiblity of doing one make certain you go through a organization like John Hopkins. The new generations of equipment use fields far less powerful than a few decades ago. The sensitivity is far greater though.

I may take you up on that. We didn't do it during the major testing on me because it was performed during the first few weeks of my eruption. I may take it up this time.

Quote:
Can you give me any detail on your physical interactions? Oh much less solid can you become, what your greatest level of density is and how long can you maintain it?

Density wise, No matter how I try I can never touch any physical object, however I can affect holographic displays, and of course, push myself to an opacity level that allows me to cast shadows. Unless I'm working with light sensors attached to mechanical constructs, working with the physical world is nearly impossible (exception being my speaking ability, of course)

Quote:
Just a small addendum that you may find hopeful. It would seem less that you lack full control of your body and more that you are simply unaware of how to achieve your desired level of control. Not unlike a toddler in some way. You know what you want to do but lack the knowledge, or perhaps merely the experience, to make the thought a reality.

I have been aware of this for sometime. I've been aware that at the center of my abilities is light (and possibly complete Photon) manipulation. The fact that much of my abilities are tied up keeping my body functional means that relatively little is left for me to experiment with. However, I'm also aware that novas literally have no limit to their powers if they apply it properly (one of the few things that the Teragen say that I agree with!), and the fact that I don't is frustrating to say the least...

Quote:
Before your eruption when you dreamed of flying did it bother you in the manner it does now?

Not in the manner it does now. I expect I have many subconscious fears about my new form (since I do happen to be a Quantum Theorist, and I know many of the qualities of my form). Ah well. I'm sure that given time, I'll have more capability that I want. I'll just have to progress slowly, that's all...

Just stopped to grab a sandwich and check on your replies. I have some cool toys already being fabricated to make life a little more interactive for you and those will be ready for a debut a little later. That's only a stop gap at best.

I'm working on the core problem and a couple of theories. Give me a another day on the fronts and I think we can try a working hypothesis with some practical applications. Let Alex read the next message. I need to get him to try something and get your honest reaction with foreknowing what we're looking at.

------------------

Tuesday Childe

having far to go...

[This message has been edited by Tuesday Childe (edited 10-05-2001).]

Damn!

Damn!

Damn!

I hate it when I'm stupid! Professor, I just switched directions in mid-stream after kicking myself for being a fool. I'll have an answer for you later today. I keep regarding this as a disability issue or a control problem. You just want to interact with the world in a manner similiar to your pre-eruption days.

Damn!

------------------

Tuesday Childe

having far to go...

I did it!

Or at least everything looks good on the drawing board. The bakelite casing is still cooling and the synthfiber connectors have fianlly stopped randomly pulsating with UV so I think we're almost ready for a complete operations test.

I need a location to send the equipment, which is portable by the by. Preferably a location with a minimum of a 1500 meter clear area, no electronics operating at over 200 watts of power and nothing that would be adversely affected by at momentary EM surge of, oh, probably no more than 300 kilowattes. 550 at the most.

We to need to establish an opnet link, visual as well as sound, so I can walk both of you through the initialization procedures for the photon wavicle disjunction projector. The operation for the device is relatively simple but I want to insure we have a problem free optest before I walk you through the implicate order ramifications.

I'm feeling really good about this one, boys.

Jade, I just had a very frosty thought. Can we use your place for the optest of the ML Project for the Professor? Please? It's for a very good cause.

You're isolated from cities and the background EMF they produce, shielded from solar radiation and the pressurized environment is actually conducive to what I want to try.

I can understand a certain hesitancy but if it helps, I'll sweeten the request by offering the original B5 designs complete with the theoretical specs.

What do you say...

[ 10-07-2001: Message edited by: Tuesday Childe ]

Damn.

The ML projector went inert at 8:32 pm Western Standard Time, US. I tried to coax a few more hours out of it but it was pretty much a loss after the first surge of Bosons failed to do more than slow the degradation.

I really thought I could stabilize it long enough to set up a meet with the main players and try this. Sorry Prof. Maybe next time.

Jade, I am concerned about you. We have not heard anything from you since the messages were disrupted several days ago. Are you well? I am currently in a cloaked Bio-Shuttle just off the coast of Japan near Tokyo. If you give me coordinates, I can be a your location very quickly. If you are having difficulties of some sort, perhaps I can help?

Sorry to worry you. Do not be concerned, I was "moving house" for the last week. The Habitat is intended to be mobile but it takes some effort to clean up afterwards. I decided to take Jager's warning to heart and avoid any further dealing with Mr. Corbeau. I will transmit the new coordinates of the Habitat to you all shortly.

Tuesday, of course you can use the habitat for your experiment. How much space will you need?

Atwight and Jager, please do not worry. All is well. I have case of very good wine waiting for your next visit so do not wait too long. smile