Trinity Universe: Are you ready to RRRRUMBLE?

Asbjørn

Will v Samuri

Samuri would win no doubt, but their stats seem to be verry close.

Verse v Virus

This would be an interesting fight, since Virus' powers aren't anti-nova then theres no direct power for Verse to draw on, it would simply be a fist fight... Of course if clone is thrown into the picture then...

Blaze v Glacier

What can I say, Fire and Ice anyone?

Nefertiti v Mefestofalez

What?... They're both in QZ ::tongue

Knave and I had discussed this one before...

Stranger vs Samurai

I'm pretty sure Samurai would win...but I could get lucky. ::biggrin

Here's some others:

Lodestone vs Thunderbolt

Mojo vs Samurai

Mojo vs Lodestone

DMD vs Thor(that coward... ::biggrin)

Verse aka Nullifier vs Stranger(hehehe)

Mike the Invisible Quarterback vs Anyone(I wanna see what he can do)

DMD vs Alloy(gotta see that one...clash of the titans indeed)

Derek vs The Apothecary aka Dr. Zia

Eel vs Emilia(the insect chick)

Well, I guess that's enough for now.

DMD vs Thor(that coward... ::biggrin)
I'm in favor.
DMD vs Alloy(gotta see that one...clash of the titans indeed)
If we both do about the same about of damage, then he will win because he can use juice for health. The question is whether his regen+soak beats my higher soak. ... I'm not sure.

Stranger vs Samurai

I'm pretty sure Samurai would win...but I could get lucky.  ::biggrin \

The character similarity could make this interesting. I suspect it would come down to who rolled better.

Verse aka Nullifier vs Stranger(hehehe)

Yup evil - give him no powers to pilfer. ::biggrin

Samuri v DMD

As I said before, Samurai runs like a little girl. I don't think he'd survive one punch. Course it'd need to be a successful punch, but that would happen sooner or later.

Glacier v Samuri

I have no idea how tough Glacier is, or how much damage he dishes out. Again, probably more than the Samurai.

DMD v. Glacier: You all already saw that, John got flung out a window. I don't think he ever really had much of a chance.

Samurai v. Glacier: Probably a draw. I don't think the Samurai would be able to get past Glacier's defenses, nor could Glacier force the Samurai into close combat. If the fight was in close quarters, I'm pretty sure Glacier would win.

C'mon.. Mojo v. Lodestone? It depends on how much metal's available, of course, but I'm pretty sure Mojo would come out on top in that one.

The Samurai would probably beat Mojo silly, however, unless he morphed into like an ankylosaurus or similar defense-monkey and just tried to ignore him - but Mojo's quantum would run out first, and Samurai would still be there when he turned back. The only real defense Mojo would have would be to morph into something that can squash the Samurai, hide from him, or fly away - but he'd still have a pretty good shot at him with Q. Leap.

Yup evil - give him no powers to pilfer.

Um. I'd just suck his strength, and he's pretty much incapable of doing any damage to me... I mean, even getting over the puny human barrier with my FF up wouldn't happen unless he used weapons of some sort. All in all, not much of a fight.

Verse v Virus

Now, this might be an interesting fight, though not for the reasons you'd think. I'd say it'd depend largely on whether or not it started out with the orginal Virus or just his clones. If it's the orginal, then I win, if not, then it's all about the dice rolls although I'm pretty sure I could take 'em.

Verse v DMD

Now that would be a fight. It'd be a matter of whether or not I could figure out a way through his soak before all the QPs between us were gone. Unless he's got mega-str 5, in which case there's a chance that he could k.o. me before I could disable his strength to a point where he could no longer harm me.

Personally, I think that Blaze, Glacier, and Lodestone all have a better chance of beating me than those previous three, mainly because they've all got powerful ranged attacks, and especially Glacier and Blaze, because they've got several damaging powers, and Glacier's close-range powers especially 'cause his claws and immolate stack damage.

That's my analysis of the situation... Think of it what you will...

Um. I'd just suck his strength, and he's pretty much incapable of doing any damage to me... I mean, even getting over the puny human barrier with my FF up wouldn't happen unless he used weapons of some sort. All in all, not much of a fight.

Sorry, chum...beating Stranger's just not that easy. Besides, who says he wouldn't have weapons?

Sorry, chum...beating Stranger's just not that easy. Besides, who says he wouldn't have weapons?

If he had heavy weapons, I should have said. And yes, it would be that easy. If you have no strength, you can't move. End of story. Unless you have Boost(str) or other powers that I'm unaware of. Same could be said of your Dex score. Still, if you think it'd be a worthwhile fight, I'm willing to give it a shot, so to speak...

Its kinda hard to do anythin when your stuck inside a metal ball...

Shaddap, you! Least he's not out cold, breathing dead Arab sweat. ::tongue

If he had heavy weapons, I should have said. And yes, it would be that easy. If you have no strength, you can't move. End of story. Unless you have Boost(str) or other powers that I'm unaware of. Same could be said of your Dex score. Still, if you think it'd be a worthwhile fight, I'm willing to give it a shot, so to speak...

Waitaminit...is Nullifier capable of sucking away even regular stat points? I thought his powers only applied to draining M-Atts and actual Q-Powers. If not, then Nullifier is considerably more disgusting than I thought. ::crazy

To be honest, I'm not all that familiar with the Q-Leech and Q-Vampire stuff.

Waitaminit...is Nullifier capable of sucking away even regular stat points? I thought his powers only applied to draining M-Atts and actual Q-Powers. If not, then Nullifier is considerably more disgusting than I thought.

Yup. Q-Vampire drains M-Atrribs and regular Attribs with equal ease. That's how I incapacitated that little bint who Dominated him, after all. Besides which, it's much worse than you think. I won't go into details, but suffice it to say that he could probably kill the Stranger without even touching him, given a couple of good rolls. ::devil

Right - you die before you get it. You can't drain C4 in your WC can ypu? 

No... However: 1. I don't need to use the WC. 2. I could possibly soak enough of the damage to survive, then start regening the rest. How much damage would this C4 do, anyhow? 3. This is about a heads-up fight, not an assasintion (I assumed?)...

Er... that last was a joke. ::tongue

The Samurai currently has a very big bag of C4. Enough to take out... ohhh... most of an army base. I suspect it might hurt a bit?

btw - not having to use the WC is cheating. How many Nova Points does that cost?

Er... that last was a joke. 

The Samurai currently has a very big bag of C4. Enough to take out... ohhh... most of an army base. I suspect it might hurt a bit?

Oh... Well, I mean, that much C4 I'm sure would cause problems... heh.

btw - not having to use the WC is cheating. How many Nova Points does that cost?

3, or 5 exp. Adaptation rocks. I assume not having to eat, drink, or breathe means not having to eliminate either, right?

Can he even do that? I doubt it.

The answer is yes, although he'd have to be in range, and it'd take a round of lead-in time according to the Prof's rulings on Disrupt. Again, I'm not sure that Will is capable of dishing out enough damage to significantly harm Verse. I'm pretty sure I could take him in a fair fight, although it might be a long fight, depending on various rolls.

I just thought of something. In a Verse v. DMD fight, if DMD had heavy weapons with him when the fight began, he might be able to take out Verse in the first round, before I Disrupted his powers enough that he couldn't wield 'em. Also, taking into account that Verse is ordinarily fairly vulnerable to heavy weapons fire, unless he Imprinted some serious extra soak-giving powers beforehand, a baseline army with blacktech, such as the one that took down DMD, could also probably take down Verse.

I just realized something...for Q-Vampire to work, unless the ST allows a Range Extra, ol' Nulli has to touch his target to sap their Strength. Please lord, don't say that touch is also defined when the target strikes Nullifier, or that's just waaaay cheesy.

Example: Nullifier goes for a love-tap on Stranger, Stranger wins the roll, manages to dodge. Stranger then lands a mighty blow on Nulli's kisser, *boom*, Nullifier now rolls to see if he can suck away Stranger's strength? Bleh. ::blink ::rolleyes Lame.

I sincerely hope our lovable ST doesn't rule in favor of that example.

I just realized something...for Q-Vampire to work, unless the ST allows a Range Extra, ol' Nulli has to touch his target to sap their Strength. Please lord, don't say that touch is also defined when the target strikes Nullifier, or that's just waaaay cheesy.

Example: Nullifier goes for a love-tap on Stranger, Stranger wins the roll, manages to dodge. Stranger then lands a mighty blow on Nulli's kisser, *boom*, Nullifier now rolls to see if he can suck away Stranger's strength? Bleh. Lame.

I sincerely hope our lovable ST doesn't rule in favor of that example.

I'm not sure about that, and without a ruling from the Prof, I couldn't tell ya. What I can tell you, however, is that my Eufiber would send out several tendrils to touch you at the same time, and unless you've got a massively huge dodge dicepool, and/or multiple levels of Quickness, at least one of them will touch you, which is all I need to drain your strength.

Ahh...gotcha. Stay the hell away from Nullifier. At least 20-25 feet away, constantly. Seems that distance really is Nullifier's biggest weakness.

Of course, in any battle, Lady Luck is a fickle mistress. Even if Nullifier connects(which is very probable), if the Sta+QVamp roll doesn't get enough successes, his target may still have enough Strength to make good an escape. Of course, Nullifier also has Warp, so that's a little easier said than done.

Okay, new plan for dealing with Nullifier. A horrendously painful surprise attack from very far away. ::ohcrap

What I can tell you, however, is that my Eufiber would send out several tendrils to touch you at the same time, and unless you've got a massively huge dodge dicepool, and/or multiple levels of Quickness, at least one of them will touch you, which is all I need to drain your strength.

Shouldn't have said that Nulli, there are characters that wouldn't mind getting their hands on Verse/Nullifier from the QZ game. Now their players know there's no point to wasting their actions dodging so they stand there and focus their attack. Even to the point of multiple actions or quickness since Verses concentration is focussed on draining their strength, he can lower their strength once per round, but they can hit him as many times as their dicepool allows.

Ahh...gotcha. Stay the hell away from Nullifier. At least 20-25 feet away, constantly. Seems that distance really is Nullifier's biggest weakness.

Well... Yes and no. I mean, getting the Ranged extra isn't all /that/ difficult... Also there are things about him that you're currently unaware of that make him lethal, even at a distance.

Okay, new plan for dealing with Nullifier. A horrendously painful surprise attack from very far away.

Seems like that'd work on anyone though, eh? I thought this thing was supposed to be about a fair heads-up fight. Any two of you could possibly take him down if you worked together, or any one of you if it was an assasination attempt. I'd need to buy some Intuition to avoid that kinda thing. ::sly

Shouldn't have said that Nulli, there are characters that wouldn't mind getting their hands on Verse/Nullifier from the QZ game. Now their players know there's no point to wasting their actions dodging so they stand there and focus their attack. Even to the point of multiple actions or quickness since Verses concentration is focussed on draining their strength, he can lower their strength once per round, but they can hit him as many times as their dicepool allows.

First of all, that probably wouldn't matter, and second of all, if players use OOC information IC, it's not the kind of game I really wanna play in anyhow. Third, it's not like noone's seen me do it before.

Personally, I'd like to see a Stranger v. Ghost fight.

Depends on who's the attacker, I think. And who's got the biggest guns. In a fight without weapons where Ghost had to stay and fight, Stranger would win. If he can survive outer space, that is. ::tongue

Actually, unlike everybody else around here, the worst way of trying to take Ghost out is through a horrendously painful surprise attack from very far away. ::wink

Wow - interesting thread guys, especially from where I'm sitting (with access to all the character sheets! ::wink ).

As with most fights, a lot would depend on the circumstances of the meeting. Several of the characters who appear to be more powerful need some time to get that way, for example. ::sly

If the encounter was of the 'walks around the corner & bumps into deadly enemy'-type, with no preparation, I'd give The Stranger a good chance ('cos he's really, really, quick to react). If it was more of an XWF cage match, then DMD or Alloy would be my number one picks. In other circumstances, I'd pick other characters as the most likely to win.

All the characters have, of course, their own strengths & weaknesses, after all.

Masters could still whup the lot o' ya' though... ::tongue

Hey Ian doesn't do great amounts of damage but doesn't necessarily have to be.. nearby to do it.. :) But I wouldn't put him againist any of the other Elites.. Unless it was againist the Major in a war of the I can out-think you. He might have a chance there...

I bet that's just because you used to play him, and consequently make him the unkillable power-that-be of your campaigns.

Actually I never did play Masters - although he's based on a couple of the PCs from an Adventure! game I ran (although he's not Inspired or anything). He's certainly killable, but I think you got the 'power-that-be' bit right (it's not, after all, what you know, but who you know that counts... ::sly ).

Nods...Some of the most dangerous NPCs are the ones who are perfectly killable, but who you have no easy reasons to fight. My most successful NPC was actually from a D&D game. He was a Lord from a large town who managed to trick the PCs into transporting illicit goods, then when they got into a fight with their competition they used their reputations in a coverup which discredited his major rivals and finally weakened the power structure of the city enough for him to take over. In the process of convincing them to help him he managed to get one of them pregnant. She lost the baby in one of the fights, and then flipped out when they finally found out he had planned the whole thing from the beginning. She beheaded him. Course this was D&D and he was rich. So whilst they got thrown in the local oubliette, he got himself ressurrected and had the perfect excuse to stamp down hard on all remaining opposition.

Horribile really.

Archived