[OpNet] Lessee if this works now...

Alex McKenzie

Thankyou Alex.

Well, hello all. I've been looking forward to this for a while. I'd like to thank James Meehan for helping us with this Microphone, we couldn't have done it without you (I'm serious here, I can't touch anything, and Alex doesn't have the Tech Expertise).

Well, that's it, I look forward to hearing from all of you.

Welcome Professor Holland. You would be the energy form that Mr McKenzie spoke of previously I take it? I am pleased to extend to you a warm welcome to our little hole in the op-net. Do tell me, what is your Professorship in exactly?

Well, Energy Form is rather a poor way of saying it. I like to think of myself as the world's only self-generating hologram. I checked his post, and yes, technically, I am a cloud of photons. I just happen to keep them in the facsimile of a human form.

My professorship was in Quantum Theory, believe it or not. You might have heard about my eruption a few years back, in the Monash Disaster? Yep, I was that sole, nova survivor they couldn't get out for three days. The whole of Clayton campus was pretty much wiped out. That is why we are now based at the Caulfield campus...

We've tried it a few times, but while I can "feel" them, I can't actually physically manipulate them yet. I think it's mainly due to the fact that I'm only really consciously manipulating "my" photons. Alex, the smart boy he is, theorised that if I really wanted to, I probably could - I'd just have to try and think of the light as an extension of my body.

You also maintain some sort of electro-magnetic coherence, right? Concetrate on the coherent bonding forces in the matter you wish to effect. If you can visualize them, that might help you learn to manipulate them. The ole attraction/repulsion thing. I hope it works.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jager:
You also maintain some sort of electro-magnetic coherence, right? Concetrate on the coherent bonding forces in the matter you wish to effect. If you can visualize them, that might help you learn to manipulate them. The ole attraction/repulsion thing. I hope it works.

Great Idea, Jager, thankyou. I'm not entirely confident in using it, but Alex swears that when I tried, there was a little "ripple" in the air. That certainly seems to help.

Frankly, when I manage to get to the point where generating my Body no longer takes up the majority of my brain power and quantum capabilities, I'm going to have fun teaching Quantum Theory to the student with clear examples...