[OpNet] Was it something I said?

Quote:
Originally posted by Apep:
blame it on the baseline

I highly resent that. I did take a full semester of Computer Sciences thankyou very much. I can post without crashing a server! wink.gif

Of course, give me a manual and a day or two I could probably crash it without a post anyway, but what would be the fun in that? I like it here!

[This message has been edited by Alex McKenzie (edited 08-16-2001).]

Quote:
Originally posted by Apep:
I hope you weren't taking my comment seriously. I'd hate to scare away another one.

I hope you noticed the smiley biggrin.gif I took no real offense.

Damn, you'd think that with the Internet dead, you wouldn't need 60 smileys scattered through your post to point out you're not serious. Old Habits Die Hard I guess...

Quote:
Originally posted by Jager:
When all you see are the electrons, all the facial expressions begin to look alike.

Hmm. Is that an all-the-time thing, or just when you're on OpNet? I'm curious, because the optic mike idea isn't going too crash-hot, and I know Sid's been dying to meet some of you. He can control Photons, and by extension, most of the electromagnetic spectrum. We've been trying on old computers to use his powers to communicate with computers photon-to-photon, but I'm not a nova, and I have no idea what he's doing, (apart from his cursory descriptions, which don't really help).

Basically Mr Jager, I'm asking that if you're not too busy, Would you be so kind to try help us? He can pay a modest amount for the service, and if you're not capable, at the very least could you point us to someone else? It's difficult in this day and age to find a cheap non-Utopia nova tutor...