[OpNet] My Aberration Hobby

I only have a high school education,and yes, I have the maturity of a sixteen year old. So fart jokes are funny, bad words are funny, and old people falling SURE AS HELL IS FUNNY. Yes, Im hella stoked about flying, and the fireball thing, whowouldnt be?

please rememebr... a sixteen year old nova, like myself Dude, is still a sixteen year old. I m not a super intelligent nova that contemplates the nature of humanity, and I dont read minds. I contemplate at what temperature I can get this twinkie Ive got in my luch bag, to explode.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm not even a teenager anymore, but I've surfed a fifty-two foot wave of Austarlia and man was that cool. I've seen a herd of bison on the move at sunset, and never have I felt more like the earth and sky were one, than at that moment.

What's up with this whole nova-nation-state deal? It isn't going to happen soon (I wouldn't like to say in my lifetime, because I might just be immortal). It isn't going to happen because too many novas are too different. We are a selfish breed.

Taint is just an example of that. I can't say for sure wether or not Ashnod and Doctor Troll have done much taint research, but I have. It's different, alright. Its a bit different in each and everyone of us. That is how i know it isn't a disease. It isn't any more unnatural than the ability to use quantum.

How is it similar: It is somewhat tied to our node size and to the extent of our quantum expression. Not the number of expressions, but to the limits of them.

How is is different: Baby, I wish I knew. One nova can burn the old quantum lamp overtime and at 120% with any payback on the taint-o-meter. His her bud can head in a new direction just once, press a little harder, or work the node for a little longer, and POW, tack on a new, or imporved, abberation.

There is no hard and fast rule, but ...

If you become more powerful, you are more likely to pick up taint.

If you keeping squeezing your node (also known as maxxing it), you are more likely to pick up taint.

So, in theory, if you do not become more powerful, and you avoid stressing your node, you might be able to avoid gaining taint ... if that's what you want.

So, its theory ... maybe ...and might be 'cause I don't think any of us know for sure.

BTW, some really nice Terats pitched to me real hard to join, but being the exceptionally sweet people that they were, they are giving me my space to figure out what I want to do. I know they didn't tell me everything they know by a long shot, but I think I picked up alot more than just what they were selling.

Here is what I think: Terats don't have a cure for taint, they are working on a way to understand it. Joining the teragen because you are afraid of taint is the same, to me, as joining the church because you want to sing in the choir. Your missing the point of joining if that's your reasons, and you're likely to be dissappointed.

I also believe one thing to be true. I find the word "taint" to be very very offensive. Saying that my reddish skin, and flaming hair is "Taint" suggests it is not normal. the same also goes for "aberrations" these are not mutations, they are not negative. My "taint" is who I am as a nova. my skin that looks like Ive staid out in the sun for a few days straight is part of who I am, my hair is part of who I am, My eyes as they get redder and redder is who I am. To suggest anything else is to deny what, and who you are.

Just like anywhere in the world, outside influences errr... influence you in your life choices. So people with attitudes like mine are going to be faaaar differrent than those dudes that sit around playing chess,a nd contemplating life. Im out livin it.

Catch it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil Preston:

Taint is just an example of that. I can't say for sure wether or not Ashnod and Doctor Troll have done much taint research, but I have. It's different, alright. Its a bit different in each and everyone of us. That is how i know it isn't a disease. It isn't any more unnatural than the ability to use quantum.

How is it similar: It is somewhat tied to our node size and to the extent of our quantum expression. Not the number of expressions, but to the limits of them.

How is is different: Baby, I wish I knew. One nova can burn the old quantum lamp overtime and at 120% with any payback on the taint-o-meter. His her bud can head in a new direction just once, press a little harder, or work the node for a little longer, and POW, tack on a new, or imporved, abberation.
There is no hard and fast rule, but ...
If you become more powerful, you are more likely to pick up taint.
If you keeping squeezing your node (also known as maxxing it), you are more likely to pick up taint.
So, in theory, if you do not become more powerful, and you avoid stressing your node, you might be able to avoid gaining taint ... if that's what you want.

So, its theory ... maybe ...and might be 'cause I don't think any of us know for sure.

BTW, some really nice Terats pitched to me real hard to join, but being the exceptionally sweet people that they were, they are giving me my space to figure out what I want to do. I know they didn't tell me everything they know by a long shot, but I think I picked up alot more than just what they were selling.
Here is what I think: Terats don't have a cure for taint, they are working on a way to understand it. Joining the teragen because you are afraid of taint is the same, to me, as joining the church because you want to sing in the choir. Your missing the point of joining if that's your reasons, and you're likely to be dissappointed.
Heres one for you if you really are resarching taint. I have abberations but no Taint. If you want to verify it for yourslef contact me and I can show you.

As to your last point think on this a bit. Mabey the only way to understand what they are doing is to do it but if you have done it you will be changed forever. So no real objective observation on what is going on.I hope thats vauge enough for everyone.

Jake, I would be happy to meet with you. After all, every nova I meet helps me to better understand us as a race.

FYI, I'm foot-mobile and in Japan at the moment.

Longboard, I know what you mean about the word taint. Reminds me in Pre-med when I discovered that chicken pox was a herpes virus. For now, though, it is the universally accepted name, so I use it.