[OpNet] The Difficulties of Nova and Baseline Relations.

Hi all, I'm new here and I have some hard questions about the interaction of Novas and Humans. I have read the other threads here and know that there is a relativly wide spectrum of opinion. What I am looking for is some practical advice.

So, a little background. I am 30. I erupted a few years back, although my abilities are not very obvious, nor do I suffer from any form of Aberrant Syndrome. I have a detailed understanding of both the Zurich Accord and The Null Manifesto. Both seem to particularly pertinent to my life.

I agree with many opinions that Novas are indeed another species, or at least that is the way we are evolving. Not to say I think novas are better, but we are different. My problem is that I have a 5 yr. old son. He is not a Nova. I love him dearly, he is the most important person in my life. This is where just one of my conflicts comes in.

Does anyone have any advice?

Kill 'em all and let God sort them out. Death to the baseline scourge. We shouldn't be living with them we should be fucking their ear canals with baseball bats!!! Here we have a perfectly rational Nova overtaken with foolish sentimentality. You have to understand that given the chance that little brat would kill you and all of us. Strangle the little murderer in his bed and make the world a better place!!!!

Adept,

The thing to remember is that, as a cross-section of society, Novas represent thinkers, philosophers, procrastinators and of course the run of the mill sociopath. This list is by no means inclusive.

Beyond that, I don't have nay advice for you. My one question, however, is why you're asking advice from strangers concerning the most important person in your world?

First off, as an individual, your life has so many variables, no one can completely understand your situation. A lot depends on your mental and social abilities. The more superhuman you are, the more difficult you will find dealing with others on an even basis.

That being said, live your life by your instincts. You have a son, so be a parent. Love and nurture the little tyke. That is your responsibility. Do understand, as your child grows older, he will compare himself and his development to you. Not being a nova, he is going to have a rough time of it.

Good Luck.

Quote:
Originally posted by Adept:
My problem is that I have a 5 yr. old son. He is not a Nova. I love him dearly, he is the most important person in my life. This is where just one of my conflicts comes in.

Does anyone have any advice?

Are you certain your son is not a Nova? He could be latent, and will not manifest any of the signs of it until adolescense. Don't be too quick to dismiss the possibility that he will one day erupt. I wouldn't advise speaking with him too heavily on this, but it's definitely something he himself will come to consider as he gets older. If he hasn't already.

Well, Ashnod, you opened up a whole can of worms on that one. Your right, of course, but it is something that many people don't want to get into.

Adept, was your child concieved before or after you erupted? It is very important.

You have a son and you happen to be a Nova, so what? Nova you may be, but you are still a person and a human being. Why would parenthood be any different for you?

Personally I'd rather fight a hundred Mal's than become a parent...its so much responsibility and nobody can tell you how to do it. Good luck, give me a call if the little fella hurts himself and I'll sort him out.

Wizard,

The simplest answer to that is this; strangers are more objective than those I know. I am looking for objective answers, not just the ones I want to hear. I want to know how others would handle the situation I am in without judging me. In the end, I can always ignore everyone here and go about my life as always. This just happens to be a convenient opportunity for dialogue.

Ashnod,

That is a possibility that I have considered, however it is only a minor factor at the moment. It would be reletivly easy to find out. Still, even if my son is a latent, There is no guarentee that he will erupt. And in accordance with my interpretations of the Null Manifesto, I will not try to cause his eruption either. So I am still in the same position I was in before.

Jager,

Parenting is not what I am having problems with. As I said before, my nova enhancements are not noticeable for the most part, most people think I am baseline. The problem is with my ideology. I am Nova, my son is not. We are differing species. All this doesn't change how I feel about him and is not really an issue at the moment. However, as he grows and I develop as a Nova, things will become more obvious and difficult. I just want to get some advice so I can prepare for that inevitability.

Oh and to answer your question, my son was 2 yrs. old when I erupted.

Trauma,

Thank you for the offer. Most medical problems I can handle, however, if anything major of life threatening happens, I will definitely be in touch.

Just curious, but why do you think things will change beyond the normal growing child-parent thing?

Your a nova. Congrats. Does this inherently mean that you can't get along with baseline humans? For some people, the answer is, sadly, yes. Their bodies can't handle their accelerated development and a toxic quantum build-up results. The build-up causes humans to react poorly toward said nova. Is this something you are having a problem with?

Another question is this; Which do you want more, to explore the quantum side of your being or to raise your child?

Are you willing to make sacrifices to be able to spend more time with your child? If not, leave now. Tell your son that while you love him, you have changed and that you feel the need to go out and explore those changes. Hopefully, your spouse will be able to explain it better when the kid is older.

Personally, I feel that you made a commitment to raising him when you agreed to bring this child into this world. Other novas think that becoming a nova changes all previous commitments and relationships. Its not about right or wrong, its about choice. I will add this, though: You have a long lifespan ahead of you. Slowing down your personal development so that you can spend a few more years with your child is possible.

Jager,

Unfortunately, there is no spouse which I can rely on, nor family either. I would not choose to abandon my son anyways. As I wrote before, I do not suffer from quantum poisoning or aberrant syndrome, that is neither the problem nor the question.

I guess I wish to have my cake and eat it too. I do want to raise my son, spend time with him, and be a father to him. However, I cannot ignore myself while doing that. My nova talents are benign for the most part, but that doesn't mean I can ignore them and let them stagnate. To be the best person I can be, I must explore my nature as a nova. Society has been saying for years that just because a woman gives birth to a baby, that doesn't mean she must stay at home and give up her life, her dreams or her aspirations. Why should it be the same for a nova parent?

Let me say that I make every effort to include my son in my "new" life. We have been all over the world together and have met some very interesting people (Novas and Baselines both). Early on, I would take my son the the Rashoud clinic with me so that as he grew, this part of who I am wouldn't seem so strange (Fortuantely I no longer fall for THAT party line). Last year I even brought him with me to the Villa Orzaiz for a weekend vacation with the Count and some other friends.

I feel I am doing a decent job of raising a well adjusted boy, I just want to get other peoples suggestions and ideas on how I can continue to do just that. Your thoughts, Jager, on him comparing himself to me have given me much to think about. That could become a serious problem as he gets older and realizes that we are not the same. I just want to make sure I remain a positive influence in my son's life and not a source of resentment or hate.

Adept, just two more things.

One, what was the fate of your son's mother? Was she also a nova? Even if she wasn't, the probabilities of your child becoming a nova are relatively high (~30%). Were I got the figure from is too long a story to get into here.

Two, since your appear to be either a Terat or a Terat sympathizer, be careful. Some of your compatriots are really nice people and will understand your dilemma. Others will not and could be quite dangerous to you and your son. The Teragen is a polygot of ideas and motivations and some of those are radically opposed to you remaining any baseline ties what-so-ever. Stay safe.

Adept, you are aware of course that exposing your child to quantum energy is a fairly effective way for forcing eruption.

Well, congratulations on your acceptance of at least part of the Terat philosophy, if you are ever in need of assistance please reach out. I do what I can to encourage cooperation amongst our rowdy little clique.

As for your son, I have come up with several little knick knacks that might make your sons life a little more safe and interesting. Just let me know if you are interested and I can send you a few examples.

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally posted by James 'Prodigy' Meehan:
As for your son, I have come up with several little knick knacks that might make your sons life a little more safe and interesting. Just let me know if you are interested and I can send you a few examples.

I am curioius, Mr. Mehan. Do these techniques work only with baseline children, or would they also apply to adults? You see, I have recently begun interacting with women in social environments. I have actually been on two dates in the past few months. I know that I am a minority - men who seldom socialize - but I have been branching out since my eruption. Women seem to find me attractive now. It is possible that I may even find myself in a relationship. In preparation for such contingency, I am interested in any of your techniques which might apply.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

In answer to your question sir, yes my technical creations do possess the potential to protect a baseline.

Ordinarily I do not include the necessary adjustments so that my gadgets are effective in baseline hands but it can be done.

I have to ask, what about your presence guarantees danger to your paramours? Are you involved in things that do not concern you?

Unholy beast.

Hand the innocent over to me and I shall make sure that he lives his life to the fullest protected from the disease that has infected you. Given that he was 2 before you became infected with the seed of Satan then he should be free from your infernal plague.

If you want the child to live any sort of untainted life, where he will not be exposed to the corruption of your own kind then give him to me. He shall not be judged by the sins of his father, but shall be raised with all the care and love that you and your hellborn brethern are so incapable of providing him with.

Servent of evil. I can save the child. You however, have already been judged.

Ryan, if you raised his son (and I am not recommending that he hand his son over to anyone) and he erupted as well, what would you do? Would you kill someone you nurtured and raised?

Ryan, try to show a little mercy now and again. A little more love for your fellow man wouldn't make the world fall apart.

Sprititually speaking, when has killing solved any problems? Usually it results in martyrs, revenge-killings, and escalating violence. Love takes real effort. Turning to violence is way too easy. That is why it is the Deciever's favorite. It is always easier to smash someone who is different than to approach them with compassion and tolerance.

Ryan, some times you piss me off and some times I weep because you hear his voice but don't understand his message. As long as you hate more than you love, you will be lost to him. Pray on that.

Jager,

my son's mother is dead and she wasn't a nova. Like I said before, if my son is a latent, I will not interfere with his developement that way. If he erupts I will be here to help him through it, but it is not my right to interfere in any other way.

As for the Teregen. No, I am not a Terat. I simply belive that some of the Null Manifesto has merit. I do not agree with the entriety of it, but nor do I agree with everything outlined in the Zurich Accord. In short I guess you could say I'm an individualist. If some yahoo in the Teregen decides to take offense to my son, then he will have to tread very carefully. I am not without resources and talents of my own.

James,

Yes I am aware of the ramifications of quantum exposure on both latents and non-latents. That is why I don't use my abilities around my son all that much. Still, if he erupts because of my presence, I'm not going to complain, I'd rather that then because of some tragic mishap or him trying to force his own eruption.

Thank you for your quiet acceptance of my choice regarding the Teregen. While I feel the movement can do a lot of good for the nova people, I find it unfortunate to see so much hate as a fuel for change. prehaps when (and if) things change within the movement, I will re-evaluate my discision and opinions.

Father Ryan,

There is much I could say to you, much that I want to say to you. I know, however, from your conversations with others here that you will not listen, that nothing I can say will have any affect on you. So I will simply say this. If you you come near me, my son, or my home, I will kill you. I have nothing against you personally, but you represent a threat to the wellfare of my son that I will not tolerate. Respond to this how you like. Rant and rave here all you want. Just remember what I have said. If you come anywhere near my son, you will die.

Adept, you look like you have the right idea, in case there are other nova parents on this board here is my advice.

Speaking as a nova mother I think I can give you at least a few pointers. You're doing a good thing by including your son in your "nova life." I have a three and a half year old son that I love dearly, but I work for Devries and so cannot and will not be able to share much of my life with him. I spend every free moment I have raising him. I made the mistake of letting myself get too entangled in work and although the boys father is a great help my son still has a very minor abandonment issue. You need to stay by him, especially if his mother is no longer around and include him in as much as possible. Also, if you are famous in any way or end up that famous don't let it affect your son, children of celebrity parents tend feel overlooked and neglected more often that not. Make sure that your son knows you love him regardless of whether he's a nova or not. Some other concerns are nova hate groups, non-nova friendly people in your neighborhood, and kids at school reacting badly and possibly violently against children of novas. If your son is getting ready to enter kindergarten or preschool, choose the school carefully. You might want to look into the possiblity of a private school where the other parents are novas.

If there are any other nova parents out there I would be happy to hear from you, we could even trade pictures.

Shakti, Thank you for support. It's nice to know I'm not the only nova parent with a baseline child out there. School, thats always a tough one. I'm not very famous or well known as a nova, so I don't have the publicity problem, but I never thought about how other children and parents will respond when they find out I'm a nova.

Your idea about private schools for the childeren of novas is an interesting idea. Do any actually exist, or was this one of your own ideas? If there aren't any, I might look into funding one.

Shakti, that is an interesting name. It sounds Hindi or Sanskrit. I feel like I know the name from somewhere but I can't put my finger on it at the moment. What does the name mean, if I may ask?

The reason I first looked into the option of private school were news reports of children being attcked by peers admist accusations of being a nova. Just a year or two ago an american third-grader was beaten to death by his classmates, they claimed he was a nova, and religions like the Church of Michael Archangel came out in public support of those children. I admit that that is a rare situation, but I would rather not risk something like that with my little boy.

There are schools just for the children of novas, but they are expensive and are usually apart of Utopia or DeVries. There are very few independent schools like that and they are expensive. I don't know your personal polictical views, but I work for Devries in their Medical R&D Deparment and I can vouch that their program for children is exceptional and does not promote DeVries agendas/propaganda nearly as much as you might expect. Obviously, that will be an issue with either Utopia or DeVries, particularly if your child turns out to be latent. The quality of education that each child recieves is rivalled by only the top private schools around the world. Generally there are a number of programs to choose from ranging from private tutors that will travel with you and your family, a boarding school type arrangement, and OPNet classes (for all ages). What you can expect from whomever you talk to is a meeting with a school representative to help you choose what is best for your family, classes that you and your child can agree on, and what is the easiest was for you to pay for the education. Now I know that with DeVries if you are employed with the company all but very specialized tutors are free, I think it is the same with Utopia, although I may be wrong on that point. The number for DeVries is 11-1-208-555-LEARN, I no longer have the number for Utopia, but any Rashoud Facility should have it, I hope that can be of some help.

And lastly, yes, my name is a Hindi name. The goddess Shakti is one of Shiva's counterparts/consorts. The two of them together are the symbol of a perfect union, as Shakti is Shiva's female half. Legends vary depending on who you ask, but where I come from Shakti is very similar to Kali, in that she is a goddess of disease and illness. The cults dedicated to her are popular and are for protection from disease. My powers come from/are a perfect match for those of Shakti, and so I took on her personae. The word Shakti also translates as power into more modern Hinduism and spirituality. It is not too uncommon in some circles to hear a person talk about their Shakti in relation to how they are feeling, their state of mind, or just as causal conversation. I hope that answers your question.

[This message has been edited by Shakti (edited 07-20-2001).]

Quote:
Originally posted by Father Ryan:
Unholy beast.

Hand the innocent over to me and I shall make sure that he lives his life to the fullest protected from the disease that has infected you. Given that he was 2 before you became infected with the seed of Satan then he should be free from your infernal plague.
If you want the child to live any sort of untainted life, where he will not be exposed to the corruption of your own kind then give him to me. He shall not be judged by the sins of his father, but shall be raised with all the care and love that you and your hellborn brethern are so incapable of providing him with.

Servent of evil. I can save the child. You however, have already been judged.

Father, do not say these things. i don't want to hurt you, really, really. but you hurt me so. don't hurt the child, dont. leave him with his dadddy, leave him. his daddy will protect him, not like you, not you. leave the child alone. leave the child aloneleavethechildaloneleavethechildaloneleavethechildalone.

This Father Ryan has killed novas before? Then why is he allowed to live, why has he not at least been handed over to the authorities? If he has killed, then he is as much a monster as he claims all of us are.

Father Ryan, have you not read your own holy book? It plainly states that killing is evil and you damn yourself by commiting such an act. Why then do you hunt my kind, we have committed no more evil than your race, we have committed far less and have done much more good than your kind ever has. If you are set into your ways then I ask that you consider your target, a mass murder is better to rid the world of than novas who are trying to heal the damage your people have done.

[This message has been edited by Shakti (edited 07-25-2001).]

Father and Mother tried to lay traps. they worked sometimes, not all the times, not the last time. no. the Father can talk to them, yes, priests can talk with ghosts yes?

i just want to help the little boy, where is he? i can watch over him, yes, i can hurt people who try to hurt him. i can make the red dance and dance and dance and dance. yes. little boys daddy, where are you, do you want my help? i am good, devryes said i am good, spartan consultants said i am good, orzaiz said i am good. i am good now, not bad, no, not a bad boy, no no no no nonononononono.

Shakti, it is somewhat refreshing to see such kind naivete in our gritty world. I would agree that Father Ryan should be deatl with by the law, but I know that will not happen. He has killed novas, which is why he will remain untouched by the law. It is all right for baselines to kill novas. The death of the original Houston Tornado and countless others attest to this. In many of these cases, charges could be set forth but they are not. Justice goes unserved. Why? The simple answer is because to baselines we exist to die for them. Even if this is only sub-conscious it is nonetheless true. Whether it is elites dying for meaningless border disputes, newly erupted novas being slain by their families for becoming demons, or brutal hate crimes, we are acceptable losses.

Despite everything that Utopiansa nd most baselines would tell you, the Zurich Accord was refuted permanently almost vefore it was declared. This was not due to the then nascent Teragen, or because of novas. It was because of the baselines and their actions. They have constantly shown that they regard nova life as being worth less than human life. When a Houston Tornado is killed, they shake their heads, decry it,a nd then conveinently sweep it under the rug. No pursiut, no arrests, no nothing. And we usually let them. More on that in a moment. When someone like Fredrick Rupert, a man who arrested novas for existing, is killed the baseline world erupts in fury. Manhunts are arranged, tremendous mourning ensues, and anyone associated with the incident is assaulted by the baselines tame nova lapdogs. Any nova who is not a servent of humans is suspect and is questioned by the police or media, both of whom make sure to remind the puiblic of the event at every possible oppurtunity.

The reason for all this is simple. We are not human. We have never been human. The baselines realized it first, and tried to make us believe we were still human while taking away all our rights. We make wonderful tools, toys, and pets though. SO wea re used to fix all the damage they ahve done and are thrown away when they are displeased with us or they feel a need to satisfy the God of one of their bloody historied religions. They keep us from breeding as much as possible, like animals they only let those with the appropriate obedience create the next generation of domesticated beasts. I've often wondered why we let that happen. I think it is because they were our friends and family, we love them, we want to help them. Only now are we finally starting to wake up to how we ahve been abused. With the death of Slider, we have shown that we are no longer willing to let the deaths of novas be cleared away with crocodile tears. The truth will be found, and we will have justice.

I must apologize for getting carried away. As anyone who has seen me post before, I can get pretty wordy. I hope I did not offend any of you, I just wished to speak my mind. I also realize that this strayed far from the original topic. Again, I'm sorry.

Adept, my view would e to raise your child with love. Teach him to be just and fair to nova and baseline. It will be difficult but you must also make him aware that despite your familial, emotional, and spiritual connection, you are not the same. I would only do this when you believe the child is capable of understanding such concepts, most likely in his late teens. Unlike many of my collegues, I believe we can live with the baselines peacefully. However we must liberate ourselves and create a better,more equal society for ourselves before that can occur. I'm not sure if I am making sense here. I will think it over some more and post again later. I feel I have taken up enough space as it is. Take care friends.

Hydra

P.S. To those who I have met before on the previous incarnation of this site, I am glad that youa re all alive, if not well. I hope to continue the intelligent (mostly) conversation we had last time.

Fools. Your useless eyes have fallen from your plague bearing rotting faces. I said I would protect the child. Can none of you read?

I have several such ones already under my protection who have lost loved ones to your foul breed. Innocents who were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

As for your own example of your "Nova child" on another thread, I am not as gullible as you. I do not believe it exists. Read the messages again, the one who plays with your beliefs has already slipped up.

It matters not; everyone who bears the touch of Lucifer shall be bourn down to hell when the righteous fire of God melts their diseased presence from the face of his planet.

Ripsaw. I have never before answered your demonic kind directly. This time I am moved to think that there is perhaps the memory of a soul in your infernal corrupted corpse. Be at peace child.

Your parents reside in heaven at the side of our lord.

You unfortunately will never see them again as you cannot be saved and are doomed to burn in torment in the depths of hell for all eternity.

Killing evil and protecting the innocent harmed by your infectious satanic manifestations is my purpose here. Nothing you say can change the evil you have already wroth on humanity.

Ryan, why did you ignore my questions? Do you feel that you are not up to answering them, or are you truly just a maddened beast only capable of spitting hate at others? Have you not realized that by your own laws you have damned yourself?

Hydra, naivete isn't a word most people associate with me, but I see where you came by it. I suppose my surprise comes from me being so used to India's ways. Novas are not abused in India, we are not expected to die or viewed as disposable in any way. India cares for it's novas, something I should have realized is not universal. I have heard the arguments about India syndrome, but it is a relatively small phenomenon, in which the novas and baselines are in harmony, not opposition.

Ryan doesn't anwer questions asked of him that would prove his hipocracy. I have asked questions of him myself and he has only replied with insult and little intelligence. He is a coward in all aspects only hiding behind his religion. A religion that he only picks and chooses what he likes from it to justify his actions. He knows he is damned. Perhaps he'll come to my hell and drown in the primordial waters of Duat. His time will come.

Shakti, Ryan has killed five novas (I believe), though only three are confirmed. The reason he hasn't been arrested is the same reason Geryon hasn't. The authorities can't find him. I don't think the authorities are keen on the idea that novas will decide that the law no longer protects them and go vigilanty. Ryan is a hunted man, that much I do know. Sadly, because he can't level cities, he doesn't have the priority that Geryon does, but thats pragmatism, not racial bias.

Hey, Apep. It seems like I'm still sticking up for the baselines. I kinda wish someone else would take up the torch. It's getting old.

Though I do regret straying from Adept's original question, I feel a need to interject again. Jager, I respect your abilities and integrity a great deal,a nd we have agreed often in the past. I do feel that you are being somewhat judgemental about our attitudes towards baselines. I am ceertain that in may cases this is merited, you have always been one to only speak after analyzing the facts and reaching an appropriate decision. However, I think that saying you are the only one "carrying the baseline torch" infers a prejudice on the part of the rest of us. Baselines are my friends and family, as with all novas, and like most novas I would and often do defend them agaisnt those who threaten them. You can imagine the kind of arguements I get into with some of my other associates about that. They're blinded by their own pain, but that's for another time. The point is that I would say those of us who ahve been speaking about those like Ryan have been discussing individual baselines and some of their institutions. We need to be recognized as being seperate from baselines, and while no less or more equal, their societies and laws largely no longer apply to us. That is of course, a loaded statement which I do not have space to fully explain. I would like to though, if you wish to start a new topic or some such thing. I hope I have made my point...I worry a bit about not coming across as I want to. In any event, you're not the only one carrying the torch Jager, though some of us do it differently than you. Adept, I apologize again for taking attention away from what is important here, namely your dilemma. I wish you and your child nothing but happiness and peace. Be safe friends, keep hope alive.

Hydra

Hydra, the "torch" comment was aimed at Apep and her associate, Ashnod. They have been helping me deal with some 'personal issues' regarding my association with baselines. I am trying to reach a new phase in my life, but I keep being drawn back to some of my previous concerns.

I firmly believe that many novas live their lives in harmony and understanding of baselines. I do not believe I am alone in my defense of humanity or that my participation is all that necessary. With or without me, the struggle for novas to understand themselve and our place in the world will go on. Keep at it.

the Father has killed novas? this makes him strong? no no no, twice his number have danced at my touch and i am not strong, no not strong.

baselines should be protected, they are weak and need mommies and daddies and big strong heroes to help them, protect them from the scary ones, the ones who hurt and slap and punch and burn and hurt and hurt and hurt and hurt. must protect them, protect little girls and boys. must. be like a hero, do what a mommy and daddy should do, be strong, want to be strong. i want to help, yes i do.

can i help you Jaeger? do you want help making bad people dance and spray and jerk? i want to help.

Ripsaw, I don't know if I'm strong enough to find my own direction, much less help you find yours. It is a good thing that you try to protect the weak from those who would prey upon them. Too many folks listen to the voice of their own greed and not enough to the ghosts of our selfish past.

You can find your own answers if you believe in yourself. Keep at it.

Hey Hydra, don't worry about "getting off topic" here. We are here to discuss the things that are important to us, so go for it.

Ripsaw,

Thank you for the generous offer to look after my boy. I will have to pass however, my son is very important to me. Thank you anyways.

Shakti,

The information you have provided on the Devries educational program has been most helpful. Curently I am involved in a small matter that is taking up quite a bit of my time however I have managed to aquire a wonderful piece of property that I think will be more than adequate for a private school devoted to the baseline and latent childern of novas. When I am back in my office, I plan on developing this school idea further.

Jager,

I am curious, what made you decide to give up the "freelance Troubleshooting" gig?

Adept, I may have been doing my "good deeds" for the wrong reasons. I need to step back and take a look at were I was in my life. I was doing alot of work with baseline/nova teams and part of it was training baselines in anti-nova tactics (such as they are). We did disaster relief, hostage rescue, and 'search and rescue', but our main line was intelligence gathering.

Ashnod, Apep and I had a talk about it and I decided some re-evalutation was in order.

So what's the problem with that? The way your describing it, and what I've fopund out on my own, you were doing something that everyone is gripeing about and no one else has managed to accomplish, you got novas and baselines to work together as equals. I am impressed.

By the way, even though you "dismantled" your teams, they have apparently reconected and have started their own network. I was contacted by someone named Tasha the other night while snooping around. A very charming young woman, and she says any time you want to, your place in the network is waiting for you.