[OpNet] Hello?????????

Yes, my password didn't work for a few days, so I had to stretch Stheno's password.

It wasn't very stretchy though.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm six.

But I'm really, really mature for my age.

I don't think papa really minds if I use the computer. He has important things to do, like playing "twist-top" with politicians.

I'm not sure what that is, but it sounds like fun!

Bene would prefer if I didn't look at things on the OpNet, but she's really busy, and I always manage to find a way to get to a computer somehow.

And I'm not using her computer.

Just her dishy-thing.

Computers are stretchy.

Like me!

biggrin.gif

Bungee, do you know your last name? Do you know if you dad is called anything other than James? Oh and where did you get you computer?

I have a good idea about who his father really is, I just want to satisfy my own curiosity. Bungee, if I am being too nosy, just tell me and I won't ask personal questions, okay?

I'm not a boy !!!!! mad.gifmad.gif

I'm a girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's my last name ?

Let's play a game!

From eeeeevery thing everyone has said about me, you should be able to find out who papa is. There are clues and stuff everywhere.

Or ask Wizard.

She's nice.

I'll tell him. About the brick, I mean.

I'm sure he doesn't mind.

Jager, did I tell you that papa said he'd be sure to have uncle Fishie give you a big wet smooch next time he sees you ?

I think that was supposed to be a joke. Well, he laughed when he said it.

smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Bungee (edited 07-18-2001).]

Bungee, I'm very sorry. I just assumed you were a boy and didn't ask you. Please accept my apology. As for you dad, I would hazzard a guess that he goes by the name Geryon now. Tell him Benedict says hi. I am curious about the refrence to the brick though, what's that all about?

Hi Bungee!

I think I met you when you were pretty small. I used to visit a girl in your "school" but she doesn't live there anymore. She didn't like the other kids too much either. She prefered the company of snakes.

Just like everyone else so far, I know your daddy and uncle too. Some of my favorite novas. I Learned quite a bit from Fishface. He's a better teacher than you might think.

Well, just wanted to introduce myself to ya. Hi I'm Apep. wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Apep (edited 07-18-2001).]

Hi Bungee.

You've got to be good to get past Bene. Time must fly, last time I saw you, you weren't here yet. Next time you see your Dad, you tell him that he should let his friends know about these things, even if I haven't seen him in a while.

I'm sorry to sound too grown-up kid, but please let Bene know you're on the computer. She's nice and I know if you explain it she'll still let you use it. It's just that there ae a lot of bad people who use computers too. I don't want them to try to hurt you or Bene or your friends, or your Dad. Just do an old friend of your Dad's a favor and don't answer questions poeple of the computer ask you, okay? They might be bad and try to get you to tell them things they can use to hurt you or your Dad.

Have fun, darlin.' You have another foster uncle to call on if you need it.

Hydra

I find this so fascinating. So many of us scream at the top of our lungs that Novas possess no society of their own and to claim so is being blind to our proper place as baselines. But we have the cute and bouncy presence of a sweet little Nova in our midst and what do we all do, regardless of affiliation? Try to help and protect her. Why? because we recognize her as one of us, one of our own who we need to help and cherish. If a baseline child came onto this forum they would have been brushed aside as some starry eyed annoyance.

Thank you Bungee for illustrating my claims so well.

And of course, if you ever need anything I would be happy to help.

An interesting point Prodigy. Well articulated as well. I think however you are being over-hasty about our stance on baseline children. I would have given a similar warning to any child who was using a computer to get online without the knowledge of their guardian. It is dangerous, nova child or baseline child. Children are important, no matter what species they are, and must be protected. Perhaps I am rambling but I find the rather cavalier attitude many of us have toward baselines worrisome.

Also I had an interesting thought. Wouldn't a thread like this be a good way for someone, say Utopia, to try to get an idea of which novas are affiliated how, where they are, etc. Not to mention trying to perhaps trick novas into giving away key locations and information. Think about it.

Sorry for talking about grown-up stuff on your topic Bungee. I can be too serious sometimes.

Hydra

You are much too serious.

Maybe you need a cuddly fishie too ?

You're right, though.

Smelly people would love to use things like this to find people like me.

Sorry.

Smelly people = Peeeewww!

smile.gif

Prodigy is nice too, even if he does use too many bigwords.

I probably sh0ould lighten up Bungee, but somehow I feel that a cuddle from Mr. Fishy would not help me. It's a personal thing.

Thanks for understanding about the question thing. You're a bright kid, Bungee. It's good to see.

I just wanted to stay in touch, sprite. Make sure you pay attention to your lessons, okay? HAve fun Bungee.

Hydra

• 2 weeks later...

someone tried to hurt bungee? some one tried to hurt little girl!! who tried!! i will hurt them. the red will dance and they will dance and jerk and spurt and dance and i WILL KILL THEM I WILL KILL THEM I WILL KILL THEM I WILL KILL THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no one hurt little girls and boys no one ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!! pain to them, pain and fear and pain and fear and pain and the red and the red and the red.

bungee i will help. tell me where bad men are, tell me and close your eyes, you don't want to see. i will help make things right i promise i promise. no more pain, no more fear, no more pain, no more fear, no more pain no more fear.

The bad men went away.

Uncle Fishie did something to them.

I don't think I want to talk about it.

They weren't stretchy.

The won't do bad things again, though.

Quote:
Originally posted by Wizard:
Thingmaker and Ripsaw,

Most importantly, the original group which caused this nefarious action would believe their attempt to have been successful. They would make only cursory attempt to locate the children believing there to be none left to find[This message has been edited by Wizard (edited 08-14-2001).]

Explaine, please - I simply do not understand your logic in coming to this conclusion. Dispell, if you will, my fears that you underestimate this hypothetical original group.

Oh, and as to violence, that's not what I had in mind. I'm "not stretchy" as our dear little friend would say.

Wizard's logic, in this case, refers to the possibility that the group manipulated into committing this action will avoid contact with the group who manipulated them.

If this is the case, then the initial conspiracy will have no means within the bounds of their original involvement in this attempt of ascertaining its failure.

Unfortunately, there are one or two flaws.

One being that the anger of the manipulated group at having been placed into a suicidal situation may lead them to attack their manipulators.

The other being that the manipulating group may have other means of observing the situation at The Nursery.

The second possibility can, fortunately, be discounted, since there have been no communicative episodes between the Nursery and other parts of the world beyond the ordinary, and their content has been entirely mundane.

The first problem remains, but may, as Wizard suggests, deal with itself.

At this moment, "Uncle Fishie" and his friends are currently hunting down each and every member of the group directly responsible for this attempt. That will leave them a little busy for working out that they were set up, and hence less likely to go looking for their "patrons", at least in the immediate future.

They have not contacted any such person as yet.

If you require clarification, you have but to ask.

My Birthday ?

My Birthday is veeeeeery stretchy!

It goes on for months!!!!

biggrin.gif

I like fishies. Can your glowie fishies swim ?

My cuddly one can't. I tried to dry it in the microwave, but Bene told me not to, and then she dried it for me.

All my fishies are stretchy. I mean, I make them stretchy. I'm good at stretching things.

Thank you for the present!!!!

Uncle Fishie said that he'd come and collect them and bring them to me!

Bungee, I have to assume that your 'Uncle Fishie' has been by. It would explain the missing wall.

I hope you like them. The fishies change color depending on how they feel. Blue is happy, Violet is hungry, Green is scared, and Yellow means soon there will be baby fishies.

Take care little one and stay stretchie.

Just a little note here. Once upon a time, I took to using the tactic of faking an attack on a nearly impregnable installation to get the 'principle' moved to a less secure location. Especially if I knew were that fall back location would be.

P.S. How did the 'intruders' get the layout of the installation? I smell a rat among those fishies.

Stay strechie, Bungee.

Don't you worry about little Bungee here, Jaeger.

I don't think anyone will come after the kids here.

Of course, I've got some artillery on hand just in case.

I still owe you a big sloppy kiss, don't I ?

tongue.gif

Nah...you don't have to make nice to Shrapnel, but she's been looking awful lonely lately.

And hey, anyone who's nice to stretchy here is okay by me. Well, almost anyone.

biggrin.gif