Aberrant RPG - Bodymorph and Extras?

Archer21

Shouldn't she pay 3 quantum to activate Storm as it is a level 3 power?

So instant powers are better of (and cheaper) to buy as dependent powers of bodymorph than to buy as techniques under bodymorph.....

One of my players have bodymorph (with extra:dual power so he can shift between two bodymorphs) and his forms are shadow and light, representing his dark side and light/bright side, shadow warrior and warrior of light (a bit cheesy, but still a cool concept I think). In his light form he has DD2 and Invisibility 1 and in his shadowform he has DD1, Flatform and Wall. We have been talking about his next dot in bodymorph and for his light form Hypermovement (speed of light) and for his shadowform Clone (army of shadow warriors), but if it dosen't activate instantly, the logical thing is that he has to pay for that separate.

So the advantage off having instant (or other non-normale bodymorph) powers under bodymorph which you pay extra for is perhaps to have access to powers you normally couldn't buy because of the high quantum rating demand???

Shouldn't she pay 3 quantum to activate Storm as it is a level 3 power?
If it stays a level 3 power then she can't put it in Bodymorph. BM is for level 1 and 2 powers only (presumably enhancements and single techniques taken out of the suite power are both level 2).
So instant powers are better of (and cheaper) to buy as dependent powers of bodymorph than to buy as techniques under bodymorph.....
Big time.
One of my players have bodymorph (with extra:dual power so he can shift between two bodymorphs) and his forms are shadow and light, representing his dark side and light/bright side, shadow warrior and warrior of light (a bit cheesy, but still a cool concept I think). In his light form he has DD2 and Invisibility 1 and in his shadowform he has DD1, Flatform and Wall. We have been talking about his next dot in bodymorph and for his light form Hypermovement (speed of light) and for his shadowform Clone (army of shadow warriors), but if it dosen't activate instantly, the logical thing is that he has to pay for that separate.
Clone is a Qmin 5, level 3 power. By definition that doesn't work in a bodymorph, any more than Disin can be taken with an extra at Q5.
So the advantage off having instant (or other non-normale bodymorph) powers under bodymorph which you pay extra for is perhaps to have access to powers you normally couldn't buy because of the high quantum rating demand???
To a degree that works... but most of the situations in which this applies are pretty weak. In theory you could just buy the Storm Technique as a stand alone power at Q2 if you could convince your ST that making it a standalone power reduced it's level to 2 and it's Q min to 2.

It's important to point out that this isn't always the case (or rather that it shouldn't always be the case). Bio-storm (from Enthapy Mastery) taken as a stand alone power would IMHO still be a level 3 power (it's buildable with strengths and weaknesses). Many of the suite powers have one or two "hit below the belt" techniques that make the whole suite worth while.

Bodymorph is IMHO already pretty huge since it gets around the need to link powers and/or pay for their q-costs seperately. You have a guy with electricty powers who has flight, forcefield, hypermovement, immolate, and claws+app who doesn't need to spend 5 rounds turning on his powers and also doesn't need to burn through 10q every 4 rounds keeping all those powers up.

You also have the ability to introduce big time themes. If you have an electricity guy with those above powers, would the ST let you buy teleport? Maybe... but if you're litterally made of electricty then it's definately in theme (yes this only matters if your ST is big on enforcing theme). Also this extra theme can compensate for theme or stat lackings in other places. My perception is 2 so the ST won't let me buy Mega-Perception with experience... but I could add x-ray vision inside a radiation bodymorph.

The only draw backs for the above character are as follows. He can't seperate his powers, immolate always comes with flight so unless he has attune 5 picking up people is rough on them. He also can't upgrade his powers directly. Immolate+Aggravated would be a level 3 power which he can't get inside a BM (although maybe he could just buy the power seperately). He is also inhuman looking in his powered up form (just having the pure powers wouldn't require that).

Archived