Trinity Universe: The Lost Treasure of Sir Henry Morgan

Asbjørn

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Min's grandfather grins  ,

\"Typical - we're told it's a priceless treasure & your first thought is how t'break it!\"

::angry - \"Not break it. Just... dismantle it a little...\" ::blush

Cody didn’t have time to answer the captain before he was sent up to the roof.

He returned in the middle of the discussion about the rods and waited in the doorway.

Tom follows the young, apparently slightly shy man into the room, pulling him along with him. With a broad smile he announces: "Well, there's a glider or something on our roof. No engines or anything, right, Dash? But it looked pretty high tech to me, anyway. Starting from our roof he'd get far out to sea without making a sound at all. And you? No conclusion on the rod issue?"

Shaking her head, Mrs Morgan replies "No. We're all at a loss here. Unless our young friend has an idea?" - She glances oevr at Dash. - "We'll take them with us. And we'll have to leave pretty soon. Is all our equipment ready?" - Tom nods. - "Good. Then here's what we do: Captain, I assume your men are ready to leave at your command. Tom will show them where our baggage is so we can get it all aboard. I have to pack my personal belongings and some clothes." She looks at Minerva, then smiles at the Captain "I hope it's all right if I choose a somewhat more modest style of dress than your granddaughter..."

Getting up from her chair she turns to Dash and says "My apologies, Mr Quill, for not welcoming you properly. Unfortunately we are in something of a hurry, so you'll have time to get to know these fine gentlemen later." Turning back to the others, she adds "Cody Quill is quite simply a genius when it comes to all things technical. He may be young, but I've been told that he's exhausted more than one professor... ::smile I'm sure he'll be a pleasant and useful addition to our company, if only he doesn't get himself lost on your ship, Captain!"

"Well then. I'll go get my things in order. In the meantime I think it would be a good idea if you gentlemen learned as much as you can about the would-be thief, his equipment and employer, if he has one. It should be possible to wake him up now, don't you think?"

\"In the meantime I think it would be a good idea if you gentlemen learned as much as you can about the would-be thief, his equipment and employer, if he has one. It should be possible to wake him up now, don't you think?\"

Roughneck grins broadly, showing a set of beautiful white teeth. "I'd tend to agree, Ms. Morgan. Cap'n, would you do me the favor and give me a hand downstairs?" Without really waiting for an answer, Roughneck heads towards the guest room where he left the prisoner.

Mrs Morgan hands Roughneck a set of keys as he leaves. When he reaches the door in the basement he unlocks the padlocks that keep the sliding bolts in place. Sliding them open, he grabs the handle and opens the door. It doesn't really offer much resistance to his strong arms, but it still is a heavy door.

Inside, the room is much like a normal bedroom, equipped with a bed, a small table and a few chairs and a toilet and sink behind a screen. The room is lit by a single electric lamp hanging from the high ceiling. The man Roughneck knocked out is lying on the bed propped up against a pillow much as he was left, but he's awake. He looks indifferently at his guests, not moving except to sit himself up a bit more comfortably.

\"I'd tend to agree, Ms. Morgan. Cap'n, would you do me the favor and give me a hand downstairs?\"

"Don't mind if I do.", replies Park, & heads off with Roughneck. Before the big man open the door to the cell the Captain places a hand on his arm & quietly suggests,

"Maybe it'd be a good idea if I spoke t' him first? There's this 'questioning' technique a New York City police officer showed me once, he called it 'bad cop, worse cop' or somesuch. If you were t' stand in th' background &... well, just look 'big' I guess (you're speciality, right? ::wink )... it should add nicely t' th' fella's inclination t' talk t' us."

Heading into the cell after the door's opened, the Captain moves a chair close to the bed, the back facing the prisoner, & sits across it with his arms folded & resting on the back. (Hopefully) with Roughneck in the background looking nice & menacing, Park remains perfectly poised as his steely gaze fixes the eyes of the thief, seemingly looking past them, & into the man's very soul. After an appropriate few moments of tension-filled silence the old sea dog speaks to the prisoner, his gaze never waivering,

"It would be best if you told us all you know."

If you were t' stand in th' background &... well, just look 'big' I guess (you're speciality, right?  )... it should add nicely t' th' fella's inclination t' talk t' us.\"

Roughneck chuckles. "I'll do what I can."

After they enter, Roughneck closes the door behind him, and leans against it, doing his best to look as intimidating as possible.

The man on the bed sits up and faces the captain from a more dignified position. Despite being bare-chested and tied up in straps of his own clothing, and despite the bruise where Roughneck headbutted him, his eyes give a confident expression. He meets Park's piercing eyes for a few seconds before he turns to Roughneck, seeming to calculate his options in this situation.

\"It would be best if you told us all you know.\"

Looking back at the captain he shakes his head and says in a heavy southern accent "Ah'm afraid ah can't do that, sir. You understand, Ah have a reputation to look after, and even though this unfortunate situation may already prove harmful to mah future employers' impression of mah capabilities, it would be ten times worse if Ah were to act the complete amateur and tell you gentlemen 'all Ah know'."

In a way he looks like he really is sorry he can't tell the captain more than that. If Park was the kind of man who believes himself able to judge a man's character by his eyes, he would have believed him. But eyes can lie too...

After a brief moment of silence the prisoner's eyes light up, and he actually smiles. "However, Ah can tell you a few things, but since Ah'm sure you are an educated man, sir, what Ah have to say will probably only confirm your suspicions. Ah was here to aquire a certain native american artifact for a third party. As Ah'm sure you've understood by now, that is what Ah do. It's a lucrative business, and one Ah am quite good at, Ah might add." - He turns to Roughneck and nods his head slightly - "Mah compliments to you, sir. Ah don't often run into men of your caliber, and had I known you were here Ah would have charged my client extra."

Looking back to face the captain again he continues. "Ah will not tell you who mah client is, nor will Ah offer any speculation as to why she desires said artifact. Most of the answers you want Ah probably don't even know. Now, Ah might be able to tell you more, but only if you agree to let me go. What do you say?"

\"...Now, Ah might be able to tell you more, but only if you agree to let me go. What do you say?\"

Park shakes his head sadly,

"Shame, really, such an obviously talented young man...", he comments, to no-one in particular. Leaning closer to the prisoner (but keeping an eye on him at all times &, naturally, ready to react to any tricks he may decide to pull), he whispers,

"I tried, I really did. I told my large companion that you'd co-operate. He mentioned that he'd rather prefer it if you were 'difficult', so I guess he'll be happy. At least you won't need t' worry about any future employers... Oh, don't get me wrong, he wouldn't dream o' killing you, I'm pretty sure... But it's hard t' get along in your business with shattered knee-caps, elbows, fingers & toes - or so I'd imagine. If you think you can cope, then be my guest - do th' stupid thing. It's not like I could stop him if I wanted to - I'm just an old man..." ::sly , the Captain shoots a quick worried glance (keeping an eye-corner on the prisoner as he does so) towards Roughneck, then starts to stand up, again shaking his head,

"Yes... a real shame..."

- "Wait!" There's a hint of urgency in the man's voice as he calls out. He casts a hurried glance in Roughneck's direction and seems to resign a little as he leans back and says "Let's be civilized about this. Ah'm sure we can agree on something without resorting to violence."

He sighs "Listen. Ah realize my odds are not the best right now, and Ah know Ah am completely at your mercy. But so far your crimes this evening exceed mine by far, so Ah really think we would all be better off being as friendly as possible about this. However, Ah can understand how you have difficulties trusting me. So... What do you want to know, exactly?"

[OOC: Let's keep out of character comments that aren't directly related to what's happening in the game in a separate thread. Easier to keep track of that way...[/OOC]

The Captain appears to consider the thief's words, holding up a hand to Roughneck as if to say 'hold on a moment - maybe he can be reasonable, after all'. Not sitting again, but turning back to the prisoner,

"It's nice that your trust in th' neutrality o' th' local authorities leads you t' believe that they'd put your word on par with that o' me & mine, but I somehow doubt that we have anything t' fear from th' police - & you have...", he glances briefly towards where his fellow Englishman towers in the doorway, "... larger concerns right now."

"T' start with - why did you bring th' second 'rod' with you? Where did you get it?"

"How much were you t' be paid?"

"Where were you t' deliver th' artifact?"

"Have you any way o' contacting your employer?

"Who is this woman you work for? How did she contact you?"

\"It's nice that your trust in th' neutrality o' th' local authorities leads you t' believe that they'd put your word on par with that o' me & mine, but I somehow doubt that we have anything t' fear from th' police - & you have...\", he glances briefly towards where his fellow Englishman towers in the doorway, \"... larger concerns right now.\"

Roughneck cracks his knuckles...loudly. And continues to smile, baring his teeth at the prisoner.

[Outside]

Meanwhile outside, Dash and Minerva were getting his luggage from his car. “So where is the boat we’re taking? Tom was very vague on about it.” He then looks confused at Minerva's laughter at him.

Minerva doesn't laugh at Dash's question. She hardly ever stops smiling, though, and as she pulls a couple of bags out of the car she says \"The boat? It's right outside. I'll show you.\"

On the way down a paved path around the villa and down towards the beach she stops at a point that gives a good view of the ocean, points and says \"There it is! Isn't it great?\"

Dash scans the waves below, but all he can see is a couple of smaller boats at the pier, and something that looks like a tiny island in the area Minerva's pointing to. On the pier, Tom is busy loading some heavy bags onto one of the boats.

[in the basement]

\"T' start with - why did you bring th' second 'rod' with you? Where did you get it?\"

\"How much were you t' be paid?\"

\"Where were you t' deliver th' artifact?\"

\"Have you any way o' contacting your employer?

\"Who is this woman you work for? How did she contact you?\"

The thief is quiet for a few seconds, looking a bit worried about the overall threatening situation. Then, with a little shrug, he looks at the captain and says "Well, Ah was supposed to hand over the rod to one of my client's associates who was waiting in a boat not far from here. Ah wouldn't bother looking for him if Ah were you. He's long gone. His name, or at least one of his names, is Freeman. He was the one who gave me the replacement."

"Now, exactly why the rod was to be replaced with the one Ah carried, I don't know. Ah can only guess that the original has some concealed property mah client was interested in. Sadly, I do know that it was important that the switch be made without anyone noticing. But Ah guess it just goes to show that nobody's perfect..."

His face lights up a little has an idea springs to mind. "Here's a thought. If you let me have a look at the original, Ah might be able to tell you why mah client wants it. I have a certain talent at examining objects of value..."

At the pier, David is helping load some of those heavy bags, from time to time pauses to admire the strange ship...

"So Tom, what's the deal this time? Who've we upset or inconveniced in trying to find the Morgan treasure? And what's the word on Mr. Saturday, apart from him being a 'nasty customer'? Sounds like I should know about this man, but I can't for the life of me remember anything at all being said about him". ::unsure

His face lights up a little has an idea springs to mind. \"Here's a thought. If you let me have a look at the original, Ah might be able to tell you why mah client wants it. I have a certain talent at examining objects of value...\"

"Answer th' questions, lad."

[On the pier]

At the pier, David is helping load some of those heavy bags, from time to time pauses to admire the strange ship...

\"So Tom, what's the deal this time? Who've we upset or inconveniced in trying to find the Morgan treasure? And what's the word on Mr. Saturday, apart from him being a 'nasty customer'? Sounds like I should know about this man, but I can't for the life of me remember anything at all being said about him\". ::unsure

The heavy bags and boxes seem to be full of diving equipment of various sorts. Markings like 'Pressurized Air Container', 'Diving Suits' and the like are fairly obvious, but there are also a few unmarked bags, and several man-sized crates marked 'Swordfish Mk 3'.

At David's question Tom gives a little shrug and says \"Heh. I'm not surprised, really... He hasn't been around for long at all. I think it was about last autumn we first heard about him and how he'd taken over a still growing part of the caribbean underworld. You find a bottle of rum somewhere in the southern USA chances are he's making money on it.\"

The captain's crewmen are hoisting the Swordfish-crates aboard under Tom's watchful eye while he continues \"His powerbase is based on two things: Money and Voodoo. Which also gives him political power, of course. According to Steven, he practically runs Haiti by now. Do you know Steven? Probably not. I think he used to work for the government. Was a spy during the war and stuff. He's in Haiti now, keeping an eye on some of the places we know Saturday controls.\"

\"Why he's decided to mess with us, I don't know. He's got money enough, so I can't imagine what he'd want with a rotting ship. I don't know much about him, but he doesn't strike me as a hobby archaeologist...\"

[in the basement]

\"Answer th' questions, lad.\"

Seeing that Park clearly isn't interested in being reasonable ::rolleyes the thief clears his throat a little before he goes on. "All right... Mah price for this kind of job is one thousand dollars. All mah contact with the client was through Mr Freeman, and no, Ah don't have any alternative means of contacting him. Ah'm afraid that's all Ah'm able to tell you gentlemen."

Shaking his head "Yet another crimelord..." with a slight chuckle "... And one who dabbels in the mystical, no less. This one won't be easy my friend, I like Ms. Morgan too, but are you sure you want in on this?" (OOC: assuming he says yes) I'll back you up all the way Tom".

(OOC: "Mah price for this kind of job is one thousand dollars." *long whistle* that's alot of moulla!!!)

Seeing that Park clearly isn't interested in being reasonable  the thief clears his throat a little before he goes on. \"All right... Mah price for this kind of job is one thousand dollars. All mah contact with the client was through Mr Freeman, and no, Ah don't have any alternative means of contacting him. Ah'm afraid that's all Ah'm able to tell you gentlemen.\"

[Park's old - he doesn't have to be reasonable ::sly ]

"You refered t' your client as 'she' earlier - did this Freeman person tell you that th' client was a woman? He must have said more that'd shed light on th' situation - I'm sure a smart boy like you picks up on all sorts o' little comments, right?" ::sly

[On the pier]

Shaking his head \"Yet another crimelord...\" with a slight chuckle \"... And one who dabbels in the mystical, no less. This one won't be easy my friend, I like Ms. Morgan too, but are you sure you want in on this?\"

Tom stops for a small break and looks a bit concerned \"You know, sometimes I'm not sure what to believe, but everything we know about him seems to suggest that he's far from a dabbler. How else could he take control so quickly?\"

Dismissing the thought of actual, functioning magic from his mind with a shake of his head he grabs anothe bag and says over his shoulder \"And yes. Of course I'm sure. This is gonna be the underwater experience of a lifetime, and the fact that it's a little dangerous isn't going to keep me away! Danger's my middle name, remember? Or was it yours...?\"

(OOC: assuming he says yes) I'll back you up all the way Tom\".

::biggrin - \"Thanks, pal. Actually, I was kinda counting on you saying that...\" ::wink

[in the basement]

\"You refered t' your client as 'she' earlier - did this Freeman person tell you that th' client was a woman? He must have said more that'd shed light on th' situation - I'm sure a smart boy like you picks up on all sorts o' little comments, right?\"

- "Well, Ah did get the feeling that it was all about business, and that this piece was needed to settle some other deal of hers. What that deal is, Ah have no idea, and neither do Ah know with certainty her identity. Freeman simply referred to her as a woman. He might have been lying, of course, but he really didn't strike me as the brightest of middle men. For example, he was unable to hide the fact that he and his employer were pressed for time, thus making mah own negotiations that much easier. Ah can also tell you that whoever she is, she's got a lot of money. Freeman hardly had any objections to mah price at all."

\"... Ah can also tell you that whoever she is, she's got a lot of money. Freeman hardly had any objections to mah price at all.\"

"Interesting," replies the Captain, "& did y' get any money in advance? If not, then maybe th' folks y' were dealing with were not so wealthy, but quite willing t' do away with y' when your 'work' was done..." ::sly

\"Interesting,\" replies the Captain, \"& did y' get any money in advance? If not, then maybe th' folks y' were dealing with were not so wealthy, but quite willing t' do away with y' when your 'work' was done...\" ::sly

The only reply the thief has to the captain's question is a 'how stupid do you think I am'-look. ::sarcasm ::rolleyes In the brief pause that follows he looks at Roughneck and back at the captain again, waiting for more questions. Since there are none (right now, anyway), he says "Well? Do you want me to look at the object or not? And will you let me go afterwards?"

The only reply the thief has to the captain's question is a 'how stupid do you think I am'-look.

After glancing around the cell, then at Roughneck, then at the tightly bound man, the Captain's counter-look appears to reply: 'Pretty damn stupid, boy!' ::sly

\"Well? Do you want me to look at the object or not? And will you let me go afterwards?\"
\"Up to you, Cap'n. Course, I think we should keelhaul the blighter 'fore we hand him over to the bobbies. What do you think 'bout letting 'im take a gander at the stick?\"

Park walks over to the door, talking to Roughneck, but not bothering to hide what he says from the thief either,

"If he knew anything helpful about th' 'stick' then he'd have thought o' it long before now - that copy was pretty accurate. So he's either up t' something, lying, or holding out on us - I don't particularly like any o' those options; & I don't particularly like dishonest, dishonourable folk either. Least not th' ones who aren't on m' crew." ::wink

Casting just a quick, unimpressed, glance back at the bound man, he suggests,

"I say leave him here t' rot until the police arrive...", the Captain heads out of the room, calling back to Roughneck as he starts to climb the stairs, "... what you do with him in th' meantime, I leave t' your judgement as an Englishman." ::devil

Smiling almost apologetically as Captain Park leaves the room, Roughneck steps towards the bound prisoner. "You put up a good fight, mate, but not good enough. I hope some time in the brig may convince you to avoid such mistakes in the future. As for right now..." Roughneck quickly hits the man square in the jaw, (hopefully) knocking him unconcious. "Sorry, but I think you're a bit too wriggly to be left awake in here too long." Eyeing the trickle of blood coming from between the thief's lips, he chuckles grimly as he closes and bolts the heavy door behind him. "As I said, it's last blood as matters."

Coming up the stairs just a few moments behind the captain, Roughneck takes a moment to grab his warbag and thank Maria with a dazzling smile before heading out to the launch with the others. Once he tosses his bag onto the launch, he'll stroll back and give a hand with loading the heavier items.

A short while later, Tom has explained a bit about the equipment they've all loaded on board (except the 'swordfish', which he says are a surprise for later ::wink ), not really going into technical detail, but explaining how the suits and air supply will make diving a lot easier and how a new air mixture will allow them to go deeper than no man has gone before. To more detailed questions he just answers "Sorry, guys... I just drives'em, I don't know what makes'em work..."

All the luggage is on board, all the expedition members are ready and Mrs Morgan is the last one down. One of the help is carrying her personal luggage, and she's changed into a more functional outfit. In her hand she's carrying a briefcase with a small, but sturdy-looking padlock. When she reaches the boat and gets on board she hands it to the captain, stating "Here's both the two rods, clearly marked and separated. I trust you to keep it in a safe place, Captain."

To all of the people gathered on board she says "Right. Mr Hudson and the police have arrived and are now transporting the burglar downtown. Mr Hudson originally intended to join us, but will instead stay here and continue the investigations." Taking a deep breath, she looks out to the open sea and the gigantic vessel that waits a few miles out there. Smiling, she turns back to the captain. "All aboard? Then let's be on our way. We need to be south of the Caymans as soon as possible."

Mr Tranh looks at the Captain for confirmation, and as soon as the order is given the steady drum of the powerful engines of the boat increase and the expedition glides through the dark waters towards the guiding lights of the Nausicaa. The streamlined hull of the ship is lined with electric lights that show the silhouette clearly against the night sky, as well as extending underwater.

The massive underwater ship seems to rise from the deep and grow bigger as the launch approaches. At about a hundred yards, the hull of the ship glides open. The sound of electric machinery and hydraulics accompany the movement of the hull as a gateway opens just enough to admit the launch. All aboard feel a sense of excitement at being near such a marvel of modern science, and Minerva's grin is wide with pride. "You ain't seen nothing yet..."

Mr Tranh slows the launch down and the boat is slowly swallowed by the submarine. Pale, blue-green electric lights line the walls of the docking bay. The doors glide shut with a metallic *clang* at about the same time as two big magnets attach to the launch and hold it steady. There is one set of wide airtight doors to the room, and in front of them a group of sailors are waiting. While the water in the docking bay is pumped out, Mr Ayo jumps off the boat and swings the gangway over.

The man in front of the group, a wiry-looking asian with numerous scars on his tattooed arms walks up to the boat and salutes as the Captain gets off. His right eye is covered by an eyepatch, and the other gives the rest of the passengers a seemingly suspicious look before he says "All hands ready, Cap'n. Will you take the bridge?"

When she reaches the boat and gets on board she hands it to the captain, stating \"Here's both the two rods, clearly marked and separated. I trust you to keep it in a safe place, Captain.\"

Park grins ::biggrin ,

\"No worries on that score, m'dear. Th' safe in m'quarters is as advanced as th' rest o' th' ship.\"

The man in front of the group, a wiry-looking asian with numerous scars on his tattooed arms walks up to the boat and salutes as the Captain gets off. His right eye is covered by an eyepatch, and the other gives the rest of the passengers a seemingly suspicious look before he says \"All hands ready, Cap'n. Will you take the bridge?\"

The Captain returns the salute,

"Indeed, Mr Chang. I trust everything's been in order since I left?"

Turning to the guests, he introduces the Asian man,

"This is Mr Chang, our First Officer."

To Chang he adds,

"Mr Chang, please organise accomodation for Mrs Morgan & her party, then best speed to th' Caymans."

Turning once again to his guests, he says,

"If you'll excuse me, I have things to attend to.", he pats the briefcase containing the rods, "Min can give you a tour o' th' ship - but please don't go anywhere that's out-o'-bounds. You're all invited to dine with me tonight, naturally."

To his granddaugther he adds,

"Inform th' chef, please, Min."

With that he heads off towards the bridge, pausing briefly to run a hand along the hull of the Nausicaa. Those with good hearing can make out the whspered words,

"Ah - it's good t' be home, princess."

"Indeed, Mr Chang. I trust everything's been in order since I left?"

Mr Chang nods once. "Nothing to report, Cap'n. Except for the ghost by the shore earlier everything is as normal as can be."

"This is Mr Chang, our First Officer."

To Chang he adds,

"Mr Chang, please organise accomodation for Mrs Morgan & her party, then best speed to th' Caymans."

- "Aye, Cap'n!"

Turning once again to his guests, he says,

"If you'll excuse me, I have things to attend to.", he pats the briefcase containing the rods, "Min can give you a tour o' th' ship - but please don't go anywhere that's out-o'-bounds. You're all invited to dine with me tonight, naturally."

After the captain has left Chang nods to the group. "Follow me. The men will bring your luggage." Then he turns on his heel and leads them all out of the room. The crewmen pick up whatever luggage the guests don't insist on carrying themselves and follows them down the hallway. Min falls in step next to Roughneck and explains as they go "This is the tail of the Nausicaa. Those doors" - she points to several doors like the one they just passed through - "lead to the other support facilities, and to the workshop. That's Mr Quick's territory..." On the way they pass several crewmembers that Min greets by name and in different languages.

Chang leads the way to the guest quarters. Each of the guests is given his and her own room, complete with a bed, a desk and a bathroom. It's all far more luxurious than one would expect from something so like a military ship.

Having shown the guests to their rooms, Chang hurries on to the bridge, leaving the guests at Minerva's mercy. She beams at the gathered group, and seems to be about to take her job as a tourist guide very seriously.

- "So... What do you want to see first? The workshops? The Lounge? The crew quarters? The bridge?"

Dash studies the ship with an expression of mild interest and of someone who is only somewhat impressed.

Chang leads the way to the guest quarters. Each of the guests is given his and her own room, complete with a bed, a desk and a bathroom. It's all far more luxurious than one would expect from something so like a military ship.

Studying the room he says, "This rooms much nicer than the one I got the last time I was on a submarine."

- "So... What do you want to see first? The workshops? The Lounge? The crew quarters? The bridge?"

"How about the galley? I'm starving."

Studying the room he says, "This rooms much nicer than the one I got the last time I was on a submarine."

Tom laughs out loud at Dash's comment. ::biggrin "You betcha, pal! And I think you're gonna find that this is nothing like any other submarine you've ever seen the inside of."

"How about the galley? I'm starving."

- "We'll have dinner pretty soon", Minerva says, "but I have to drop by the galley anyway to tell Big Jim how many we are. I'm sure he can throw you a sandwich or something if you can't wait"

Roughneck grins broadly. "I wouldn't mind seeing the lounge area. A bloke's got to rest up after gettin' near gutted! Though the galley sounds tempting too. What say you, Ms. Morgan?"

Mrs Morgan appears from her room after having her luggage carried in for her. "Actually" , she says, "I'm pretty hungry too, and I have no idea what parts I'd like to see first. I think Tom is the right man to ask there, but if I'm not mistaken he'll want to see everything. ::wink " She looks at Tom who is busy studying a map of the ship. He smiles at her remark, but is not about to protest in any way.

At first glance the chart he's looking at looks like a biological study of a giant manta, for that's how the ship is shaped. The schematic drawing of the Nausicaa shows the main walkways of the vessel and what areas they lead to, as well as the way to the nearest escape hatches. There are the workshops and support facilities in the tail, the crew quarters along the spine and wings, the bridge at the front where a manta's eyes and mouth would be, the power core and engines below it, and the garden and sick bay behind them again. Judging by the drawing, the guestrooms are almost in the middle of the ship, and the sick bay and garden should be just down the hall.

There are also other rooms one would not expect to see in a submarine, like the Lounge, the Gymnasium, the Movie Theatre, the Laboratory and the Library.

- "The Lounge is on the lowest level, right?" , Tom asks. "According to the National Geographic Magazine there's a window in that room where you can see the ocean floor. Is that right?"

Minerva shakes her head "Sorry, no..." ::confused ::hmmm Then her mask cracks open and she laughs out loud ::biggrin "But the floor of the lounge is made of glass... ::tongue ::wink Granddad thought about having a window put in, but decided it was better to have the whole floor be transparent."

Turning to Roughneck she adds "If you want to, we can stop by Smiley in the sick bay and see if he can patch you up any better. We have a really good, modern hospital here."

She starts walking down the hall, waiting for the rest to follow. "Besides, we'll have dinner in the lounge, so we might as well go down there. The glass floor is probably covered since we're in a hurry, but it's still a nice place..."

Minerva shakes her head "Sorry, no..." Then her mask cracks open and she laughs out loud  "But the floor of the lounge is made of glass... Granddad thought about having a window put in, but decided it was better to have the whole floor be transparent."

"Isn't that just alittle dangerous? Especially with Tom and his obsession with baseball". ::confused David has a genuin look of concern.

Archived