[OpNet] Drug Use and the Nova Body

Wha's up y'all? This is Lucious Clay rollin hard core out of the beautiful state of Hawaii. Where right now I'm kicked back with a phat spliff of Maui Waui, and I was thinkin to myself, if we Novas for the most part are resitant to the effects of lesser drugs like marijuana, extacy, and opium, then should we not be able to partake in these substances without the infringment of white mans law? They say whatever damages the temple of the body, damages the temple of the soul but there ain't no amount of chronic that's going to damage my body. So then I present to you the question, why are drugs bad for Novas?

Peace out,

Lucious

Drugs per se are not bad for novas.

Most of the few drugs which are capable of affecting novas in less than exceptionally large doses, and having anything more than a transitory effect, are derived from nova physiology.

This means, that most of them require the nova from whose physiology they were derived to be dead.

That's one reason.

The question is, why do you want to use them ?

Stheno, you are wrong on the second point. The nova does't have to be dead to extract most of the ingrediants for nova-drugs. They just wish they were. As long as the subject can regenerate the damage to the brain tissue, they can be harvested again and again. I helped a Utopian group shut down a ring like that a year ago. The subjects recovered, physically.

As for why Lucious wants to do drugs, well, I guess that would be a flash from his former life, right? Lucious, find one of the upstanding members of the Teragen who posts here and have them put you in contact with a member of the Pandemonium. They can hook you right up. Of course, you will owe them, but everything has a price.

If all you want is MJ or exstacy, I can't imagine the HPD getting all worked up about that unless its a really off day. Usually, they have better things to do than piss off a nova over a misdemeanor or a low-level felony (possesion with intent to sell cause you have to care so much just to get high) charge. Even if they do bust you, get a good lawyer and use the Rahoud defense (Calif. 2007). Seems when they came around to testing the drugs they give you when you enter a facility, they discovered just how powerful they really were. It is not unknown for novas to have recurring headaches. Use it.

Wassup y'all? I believe in my quarry I specifically stated not hard core drugs such as soma, might or any other drug that might be derived from novas, that's an entirely different ballpark. That's the difference between lickin the holiest of holy and surfin the rim. What I'm talkin about is should you even be comin down on a brother for usin them like Stheno was all up in my grill about or could it be, that perhaps every nova has their own individual path of evolution and rollin chronic is part of mine.

Oh and Jagermeister, who says I ain't no fine upstandin member of the Teragen already?

But yeah, you're right about one thing, despite what I've become, despite the fact that I can deflect high caliber bullets with my rectum don't mean I still don't come from my roots.

...I can't believe I'm going to reply to this, but you have to admit that Mr. Clay has a valid point. The laws that currently govern the use and distribution of controlled substances were enacted to protect baselines against their more dangerous and addictive effects.

Since Novas are immune to both of these, in the cases that Lucious spoke of (ie, marijuana, ecstasy, and opium), shouldn't those laws be invalid where Novas are concerned. It's a strange way of coming to that point, but this is a very strong argument in favor of the Null Manifesto.

I must agree with Ashnod on this, but then I usually come down on the more freedom, the better' side of the argument. Though I wouldn't mind seeing some legal action to redress this situation, I'm not going to hold my breath. It is times like this that I am glad I am no longer a cop.

Reminds me of the time I got chewed out for not busting this sixteen year old girl for lugging around stoli to counteract her node induced headaches. Thing is, it bearly cut the pain down to a livible level. My superiors didn't see it that way.

Now it's great that y'all agree with me and sympathize. But you just let me know when that fence get's uncomfortable on your ass. Because if people as powerfull as us know that some thing is wrong and all we do is yammer on about it, we ain't doin nothin. Recently I've come to understand that through my node flows the spirit of urban revolution, of the unrest of the citizens of any city, whether they be baselines or nova. Because of that I feel certain things others don't, and that is that it's time, to rise in the streets, to tear down the neon Jesus, spank the illuminati, and slap down the white man god money. And if you don't take acion, soon, then you got no right to bitch about the things that happen.

Sorry to go all Malcom X there. But this particular subject is just a small symptom of the enemy that really perpetrates the opression you don't even realize you have.

Peace out y'all.

Catch-22, Lucious. To save the city, you go to war. During the war, the city is killed. What have you accomplished? I don't have the answers, so I am still looking.

As for my own beliefs, my totem is the elusive Urban Gorilla, if you know what I mean. Ole UG has been my pal for a long time and he/she ain't let me down yet. See ya in the Shadows.

Death to neo-capitalism!

Great idea.

What do we replace it with ?

All forms of social structure involve oppression, Lucious. The only way to avoid it is Anarchy...but Anarchy isn't exactly pro-survival, unless everyone is a good, well-mannered, intelligent, responsible person.

So far, those terms apply to about three people on this board, and I sure as hell am not one of them.

You can't destroy cities. As long as there is enough of us people we gonna seek shelter in somethin larger than us, and the city's gonna be there. Don't you think all the old cities are out there somewhere? The back allys of Philly, I can hear the sensuous voice of Shamballa. The basketball courts of Los Angelos I can hear the duet song of MU and Atlantis. City starts in dreams, dreams of men who build it brick by brick. But once it's torn down, it's rarely forgotten. And even a city you think is dead will surprise you. When's the last time you walked the streets of Pompeii?

Lucious, what about Abydos or ancient Lagosh? Some cities do die, ya know. While I can't destroy a city or even a decent sized city block, I know people who can. Once the blood starts flowing, all bets are off. Please, be careful what you wish for.

Lucious and I spend a lot of time together, so I understand his power a little (but very little) I think what he's saying is that Citys have spirits that are undying. There will always be something left. Be it a single pebble or a memory. They talk to him, it's freaky.

Lucious,

What precisely do you want to do about this? Change baseline laws to accomodate Novas? That's going against the Manifesto, since we are outside of baseline law to begin with. I'm not saying that the Manifesto is the end-all bible on Nova behavior, but there is a certain truth to that part of it.

[This message has been edited by Ashnod (edited 06-08-2001).]

Another question, Why bother ingesting a substance that does absolutely nothing for you? You being a nova, it should have neither benifical nor detrimental effect. So again I ask, why do it? What are you going to get out of it?