Aberrant RPG - Experience cost

MasMas

Hi, I've started running an Aberrant campaign some months ago.

Don't you find the experience cost of Megachar a little low?

Consider a nova with Str 4 and MStr 1. Why he would buy the fifth point of Str for 16 xp, when he could buy the second point of MStr for only 5 xp?

Consider a nova with Str 4 and MStr 1. Why he would buy the fifth point of Str for 16 xp, when he could buy the second point of MStr for only 5 xp?

Well, the normal Str is actually rolled in any Str-related rolls, & the Mega-Str isn't (although in most cases it adds free successes). He also keeps his normal Str when Dormed down. Base Attributes are still really important, even if you have Mega-Attributes. Plus, if he ever wants to get his Mega-Str up to 5, he'll have to buy the extra dot of normal Str first.

Still, it's a matter of taste & the needs of the character.

You probably won't.

Having said that, you are conparing the 5th dot of one thing to the 2nd of another.

And buying the 2nd dot doubles the amount of dots you have while geting the 5th dot only provides a 25% increase.

And getting M-Str at all is in theme for only some characters.

There are all kinds of these situations, things where only one path makes sense. But what makes sense for a new character to buy with his first 15 experience isn't the same for a 150 experience character to buy with his next 15 experience.

• 2 months later...

I've always played as normal attributes seem perfectly plausable to a human, Strength 5 is ok on the mind, while Mega Str 1 is obviously impossible. Even (for quantum 6+ Novas) strengths of 6-10 seem plausible... Well, 10 is pushing it, but what I'm saying is that even a little bit of a mega characteristic will creep out a baseline (maybe just a little bit), but the normal ones will be okay on the Psyche.

I hope I explained my idea, It's kind of weird to explain.

Dr. A