Aberrant: Quantum Zero - QZ - game mechanics

Asbjørn

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, didn't know that was there. And of course there is a Sirocco... damn! Back to the drawing board.

Ask Potts if he plans on using the other Sirocco; if not, maybe we can still have her on the team.

Thanks, didn't know that was there. And of course there is a Sirocco... damn! Back to the drawing board.

While I may use the Nigerian 'Sirocco' at some point, that's actually just the name the press have dubbed him - it's not registered or anything, so there's no reason why a T2Mer (backed by PU's PR debt.) could take the name... it is rather cool...

Well, the first two Truth & Justice characters are approved: Gossamer & Sirocco. If nothing else, the teams gonna' fulfil the 'photogenic' requirement! ::biggrin

I'll do my part on the 'European' side, then. My first character on eon was a norwegian, so I figured I'd try that again.. ::biggrin

I'm thinking of a nature/elements/weather controller...

I'll do my part on the 'European' side, then. My first character on eon was a norwegian, so I figured I'd try that again.. ::biggrin

A Norwegian?! Where'd you get the wacky idea you could pull off one of those? ::tongue

I'm doing the super-smart leader guy(hopeful on the leader part anyways). I'd like to try European, but I don't know how well I'll do. Probably try a Brit...y'know, raise the pinky when drinking tea, pop down to the pub for a pint, engage in some hooliganism at the local matches, all that stuff. ::biggrin

Just a heads up: Sirocco, as her name implies, has control over wind/air, if you want to minimize overlap between your two characters. Glad to have you on the team, dude!

I should be making my first post today; I've been rereading the entire PU sourcebook to reacquaint myself with all the things that relate to T2M.

Is that a useful text? I don't have it...

Kinda' useful, but not needed to play in the game... generally think 'whiter-than-white heroic good guy' & you're most of the way there to the sort of attitude / public persona T2M tries to promote. A lot of the book is behind the scenes stuff a character won't really have to worry about.

I'll have to get the characters reciting the T2M 'oath' to some school kids... that sums it up (in a cheesy way) pretty well too. ::biggrin

Ok, finished my research; I stopped short of rereading the darker stuff, just to keep my attitude positive ::smile

Did I say 'darker stuff'? I meant 'no darker stuff'.

The most useful info from a player's point of view talks about the recruitment and training process, which is intense: three months of rigorous training from 6am to 9pm Monday through Friday, on everything from quantum physics to sensitivity training, and that's just to made an Auxiliary member. There are also several reminders of how PR-conscious PU and T2M really are; put as simply as possible, you don't ever publicly bad-mouth either organization, period.

Third character (another lady - this team will have to put out a rival calander to the Nordlysene one... ::blush ::devil ) has been approved: Aušrinė.

whoa! How did I miss this game? Given the lull right now I think I may have the perfect character Ive been saving for such a do-gooder game...that is if its still open...

Yup, still open.

Not that it isn't pretty obvious anyway, but Aušrinė is a modified Lorelai "Brick House" Yevtushenko from over in the recently deceased War Journal forums. I liked the character concept alot so I decided to pitch a modified version of her to Prof. She looks exactly like the pic I drew for her over in WJ, except that Lorena (her new name) has no aberrations (so no glossy skin), and she'd obviously doesn't run around in military gear carting a BFG around with her. Also, since Prof and I decided that all that taint wasn't appropriate for a Tommorrowite, Lorena isn't quite as powerful as her War Journal counterpart. She's still just as strong and invulnerable, but she lacks the gravity control and a few other things (not to mention all those free ability dots ::sad ).

In case anyone wonders about the codename, Aušrinė is a Lithuanian goddess of dawn and beauty, comparible to Aphrodite or Venus. The only reason Lori got saddled with the name is cuz she's mega-attractive and she's Lithuanian. She doesn't have any light-based powers or anything else that might have to do with dawn, the sun, or the stars. Oh, and it's pronounced Ow-shri-nay, in case anyone's wondering. The decidedly American slang term "Brick House" and all that it implies didn't seem like an entirely appropriate codename for an extremely European girl working for a goody-goody organization like Utopia.

Wow, are there any men in the T2M game? Not that I'm complaining; back in its prime, Excalibur was one of my favorite comics, and that team skewed decidedly female. If T2M does swimsuit calenders, the 'Ladies of the Island' one will sell like hotcakes!

Wow, are there any men in the T2M game? Not that I'm complaining; back in its prime, Excalibur was one of my favorite comics, and that team skewed decidedly female. If T2M does swimsuit calenders, the 'Ladies of the Island' one will sell like hotcakes!

Yeah. I figured that "Gossamer" was a female, but since the original Sirocco was a guy I unconsciously assumed that POB's character was as well. If I'd realized that everyone so far was playing a member of the fairer sex, especially considering that we're all playing mega-attractive members of the fairer sex, I might have done something different. But oh well. It's not like there's anything wrong with having a team full of super-sexy ladies.

All things being equal, the team with the hottest babes wins.

Everyone knows that. ::wink

Yeah. I figured that "Gossamer" was a female, but since the original Sirocco was a guy I unconsciously assumed that POB's character was as well. If I'd realized that everyone so far was playing a member of the fairer sex, especially considering that we're all playing mega-attractive members of the fairer sex, I might have done something different. But oh well. It's not like there's anything wrong with having a team full of super-sexy ladies.

All things being equal, the team with the hottest babes wins.

Everyone knows that. ::wink

For the record, Gossamer has no Mega-App, hence the bit about 'clearly human' in her post - only way I could think of expressing it, but I guess it didn't work ::laugh

And I think Zeke, Asbjorn and Archer will all be playing guys, so it's cool.

For the record, Gossamer has no Mega-App, hence the bit about 'clearly human' in her post - only way I could think of expressing it, but I guess it didn't work ::laugh

And I think Zeke, Asbjorn and Archer will all be playing guys, so it's cool.

Yeah, I'm definitely playing a guy, and we now know for sure Zeke is too. Hey, I think it's all to the better. I mean, who wants a sausage-fest for T2M Europe? ::laugh

Lukas "Throng" Alder

Oh, that dude is totally going to be called "Thong" on a regular basis. ::biggrin

Still kinda' waiting on a Vinnie post in QZ... ::unsure

Truth & Justice characters - as well as the three ladies already in play I've got submissions for:

Undecided 'Doctor Undecided' Undecided - Archer's genius (& eventually battlesuited) guy (name pending)

Jack 'Bridger' Davidson - Alex Green's (American) warper

Lukas 'Throng' Adler - Ezekiel's (German) homunculus guy

Harald 'Primeval' Anker - Asbjørn's (Norwegian) avatar of nature

There's also a couple more which are in earlier stages right now - Phoenix's (male, English) 'grower', & expendable's (female) 'angel'.

I think that would make a pretty balanced team (both power & gender-wise): but if anyone else is still interested, there's still time to submit a character!

Maybe I can call him "Flock"

no wait... ::biggrin

Host? Hive? Meh...got some time on the boat to think about it...

If you've got Homonculus 4+ you could call him Horde.

BTW: Schar is the German word for either Throng or Horde, and I guess it can be used for Flock as well (don't really speak the language real well myself, but that's what the translation engine's telling me). Hope that helps.

Just a note about T2M issued Eufiber in Truth & Justice: everyone is issued a 'standard issue' suit of living Eufiber. Now some people will have more than one dot in the Background, but that doesn't mean they've brought the suit themselves, or that they were given a 'better' suit or anything - it just means that their suit has 'grown' better / quicker than lower dot suits. It's not even something anyone would notice - the Nova & eufiber just happen to get on better than most, that's all. So no, characters can't have brought their own suit. They also can't have been issued Vampiric Eufiber, 'cos T2M don't give their guys duff stuff.

This also means that, yes, PCs can later on spend XP to increase their Background rating in Eufiber without needing to get hold of a different suit - it just represents growth / power increase on the part of their own colony of eufiber, & again would hardly be noticed.

Remember that characters will have undergone quite a bit of PU training before getting to the stage they start the game at (T2M only consider Novas who are already well trained in their powers) - so most will have had their eufiber for a bit & be quite used to it.

'Weave' isn't taught as standard, but it's not banned or anything. On the other hand, anything too 'Spawn' or 'Venom' in public likely goes against the image T2M want to project ('icky' isn't a good word when it comes to PR). The one thing all characters will be able to do with their eufiber with minimal effort is to change it back into a T2M uniform - changing it into other clothes is generally covered by a Wits+Style roll (with successes limited by the number of dots in the Eufiber Background), but changing to the uniform is one of those things which they'll all have drilled until they can do it in their sleep. T2M frowns on people changing clothes in phoneboxes before they rush to the rescue... ::sly

Undecided 'Doctor Undecided' Undecided - Archer's genius (& eventually battlesuited) guy (name pending)

That would now be: Shaun 'Doctor Impossible' Beckett. Nova mega-genius and rather dashing to boot. ::wink

RE: Who to take.

One who isn't dying and who you could legally sleep with and who is going to help your cureer. Sorry, not much of a choice.

And I edited an otherwise very weak post for Kenshi to say something about eruption wishes. Feel free to chime in anyone.

A quick question for my fellow Tomorrowites: are any of your characters famous? I mean, would we have possibly heard of them before 'today' (ICly)?

I thought of this when I was looking at my sheet and remembered that Lorena has Influence 3, reflecting the fact that she recently erupted during a Teragen bombing of a large bank (already newsworthy in itself), helped save many of the survivors (on camera, with her Almost Live enhancement in full effect), and turned out to be one of the strongest and most beautiful novas alive (the kind of thing the media eats up), and was more or less immediately courted by Utopia as a potential recruit for T2M (Gossip Column). This makes her 'very famous' amongst novox fans, a national hero in her own country, and 'known by many others'. So it's possible (though not certain) that some of your characters may have already heard of 'Aušrinė', and her story, in the news. So I was wondering if this might be the case with any of your characters? If so, then I'd like to be able to include appropriate reactions from Lori in future posts.

Archived