Aberrant: Quantum Zero - QZ - game mechanics

Asbjørn

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate to disappoint, Nullifier old friend, but The Stranger never agreed to those terms. If you'll recall, The Stranger was off making phone calls whilst the deal was made. ::sly

Heh. Besides, why would he care about getting in good with the Teragen? He doesn't trust Orzaiz any more than he does Kane.

As for the phones being tapped, that's to be expected. There's many different factions in this with their own agendas, I'm just trying to rattle their cages and shake something loose.

• 2 weeks later...

OK. The only abbie book I have is the core book. Mefisofaleez is mentioned in a paragraph there, but it really doesn't say much about him. And 'Hog' doesn't ring any bells either.

What should Blaze, or any of the others for that matter, know about these guys?

Mefistofaleez is mentioned in passing in several places, & is seen having a fight at an airport in 'Fear & Loathing'... He's basically a militant black muslim of the 'gansta' mould (as far as I can tell) - with the aforementioned 'Quantum Boom' music label, a nasty mouth, & a tendency to carry a 'pimp cane' (think gangsta rap video sterotypes on steroids). He's most likely an independant Elite & general entrepreneur. (In QZ at least) he's known to possess various physical Mega-Attributes (& related abilities), as well as the power to breathe flame.

Hog, on the other hand, isn't from the books & isn't all that famous - those who keep up with such things may recognise him as a minor independent Elite with Mega-Physicals & energy-projection powers who's been linked (in his native North America) with 'Hell's Angels' & organised biker-gang crime.

A pimp cane is just a cane that's normally topped with a large(usually fake) diamond for a knob.

Example: http://www.phatpimpclothing.com/hi/phatpim...etpimpcane.html

If you look between pg 96 and pg 100 in the Aberrant Core book, there's a black and white art piece where you can see Mefistofaleeez holding his pimp cane. He's right in the bottom middle of the pic. His pimp cane is just a stick with a copy of his mask for the knob.

Hope that helps. ::smile

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, Lifter Vs Thrower:

I agree that the addition of the Thrower Enhancement in the APG changed the implications of the text for Lifter in the core book somewhat.

What I decided on a while back for this little issue was that Lifter increases throwing distance in so much as it improves the mass which the Nova can throw to full effect (i.e. the Nova can throw a mass equal to half their lifting ability - after Lifter is figured in - Might total x 5m x Mega-Str auto' successes).

So, a Nova with Mega-Str 1, Str 5, & Might 5 can lift a car & throw it 50m (Might total of 10, x5 meters - I presume that the reduction due to mass over 1 kg doesn't apply, or no Nova could throw heavy stuff at all!).

The same Nova, putting a QP into Lifter (so the car is now 50% or less his lifting capacity) can throw the car 250m (base 50m as above, x5 auto-successes). Extra QP into Lifter doesn't add further to his throwing distance beyond that.

The same Nova putting a QP into Thrower instead of Lifter could throw the car 100m (Might total x10), doubled per extra QP invested.

The same Nova (again) activating both Enhancements could throw the car 500m as a base (Might total x10 x5 auto-successes), doubled per extra QP spent in Thrower.

So - Thrower improves on the basic 'Might x5 meters' distance, & Lifter improves the mass range at which you can claim you 'x auto-successes' bonus to throwing distance.

That sound fair to everyone?

Well, there's no way I can wrap-up all the plots & sub-plots in, what, 9 days...

I guess all we can do is hope that the site finds a new home (go, Archer, go! ::thumbsup ) & keep going regardless.

Failing that, I guess we could find another site to continue on - although the threads themselves make up a good deal of my 'notes' for the games, so if they're lost it'll be a huge pain-in-the-ass (to say the least).

Even my e-mail's dead right now, but if the site vanishes before we're sorted I do hang around the WW Aeonverse forum a bit, so stuff posted there should catch my eye. Just don't post anything on the Vampire forum by mistake - you'll never get out alive... ::devil ::wink

Yea...This thread and the mega-att thread are going to kill me if I have to lose it.

Think you can handle the site Knave? the specs for it are on the EON is closing thread.

My hosting isn't currently up to the task - but that's easily fixable. Right now though, Archer has the torch and should have all of our support.

-Knave

::hehe Thanks! It's easy with a great GM! (hey - no sense in throwing away suck-up XP ::tongue)

Seriously though - I don't know how Proff manages to come up with the goods virtually every day. Most PbEM games seem to die in the first month or two - so his record is truly something to be proud of. ::smokin

-Knave

(btw - to anyone with an ounce of artistic talent - we need a saluting smiley or alternatively a 'Cult of Prof' one ::smokin )

Archived