Aberrant: Quantum Zero - QZ - game mechanics

Asbjørn

Elites Vs T2M: the Elites would probably win hands down - they're designed as combat machines (the ones who fell even a little short of that are dead... :tombstone: ), while the Tomorrowites are meant to be much more rounded Novas power-wise. In fact, several of the Elites have mentioned in-character that they're Elites exactly because all they're really good for is combat. If the T2Mers stood any chance of winning it'd be down to numerical advantage, & a certain member's tactical genius... but that's pretty much how it's portrayed in the books too (hence the miminum two-to-one engagement rules for Tomorrowites).

... I'd bet that even at full power Lori could kick the DMDs butt!

I seriously doubt that - at full power Lori might pip the DMD for Mega-Strength, but the DMD generates a frankly insane level of Soak on a regular basis, has plenty of combat skills (& experience), & is one of the most tactically sound characters in the game. After all, amongst other things, this guy went toe-to-toe with Nefertiti - day one, took on the North Korean army single-handed (kinda'), & survived ground zero of a Quantum bomb... ::sly

I'd say Alex would stand a pretty good chance against Lori even at his current reduced power level (maybe with access to some DeVries tech too... ::wink ).

... of course, now I'm starting to feel we should test the theory... ::devil

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... of course, now I'm starting to feel we should test the theory... ::devil

I hate getting sucked into fights I have nothing to do with... ::unsure

I think SkyLion might still be thinking of Lorena as Lori (i.e. 'Brick House' Yevtushenko) who's minimum soak rating (powered up) was in the low 30's (maximum in the mid-40's), with mega-str 6, multitasking, mad combat skills, and a gravitational field that made life extremely difficult for her opponents.

But that was a different character with a similar concept (and name) who was designed for war not PR.

Aušrinė really isn't much of a combat monster. She's just really strong, really pretty, fairly tough, and she heals quick (and she's a fairly well-rounded person as well ::happy ). I don't even want to think about what would happen if she had to fight the DMD at full power.

So, uh... let's just keep me out of this ok? Ok? ::unsure

Dont be chicken Cottus! ::tongue

Lori still has Mega Strength 6 and can pump herself full of Soak. It was my understanding that the DMD has Density Increase but not [extreme] density...therefore, the DMD would be outclassed (weight class that is!).

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! :fencing:

::wink

Now if only Potts would get back to me about my character(s)... ::unsure ...Heritage says the theory is he gotted sucked into playing the WWF game! ::tongue ::wink

Now if only Potts would get back to me about my character(s)... ...Heritage says the theory is he gotted sucked into playing the WWF game!

No... just work... did I mention that I need to work too... ::rolleyes

... should have some time in the next couple of weeks though.

Oh...well now I WISH it was that your were playing video games! ::sly

What do you do Potts? Are you really a Proffesor? And of what subject(s)??? ::laugh

EDIT: What I would really like to know is if its ok to send you my PCs for Smackdown and Tellus...even if you can't respond for wahile at least then you'ld see them and be able to reply when you were free...hopefully dragging out the chargen process less. I think I have learned a bit more about your style so hopefully it won't take as many rounds (if any) of back and forth. ::innocent

Dont be chicken Cottus! ::tongue

Lori still has Mega Strength 6 and can pump herself full of Soak. It was my understanding that the DMD has Density Increase but not [extreme] density...therefore, the DMD would be outclassed (weight class that is!).

Sure, she has m.str 6, and that's real impressive. But unless I miss my guess the DMD has some degree of mega-dex or wits, and at least one other soak-granting power besides DI. So he's faster, harder to hurt, and strong enough to make Lorena feel it in a fight. I like Lorena plenty, she's one of my favorite characters, but in a fight between her and the DMD my money would go to Alex.

Although now that he's lost his main power I'm not so sure how they'd stack up. But I don't particularly want to find out! Lorena's a lover, not a fighter!

Yeah, you're probably right. Although, that's just the DMD against Aušrinė. There's still whichever other elites show up. I'm still with you and Prof: the elites would kick our backsides rather badly in most scenarios. And, as has been pointed out before, this is what you'd expect when pitting a PR team against a bunch of hardened mercenaries.

I didn't say T2M was *just* PR. But they're not as combat-ready as the Elites crew. They have the powers, the skills, and the tech. T2M has good PR, better lawyers, and well-rounded personalities and skills. Generally speaking I'd think the T&J characters are much more versatile overall, but the price they pay for that is being less effective at killing stuff. But there are worse sacrifices.

I'll be making my post for Will soon, I've been hit by various flu and respiratory virus', bacterial ear infections (I haven't been able to hear properly for 9 days) and tonsillitis and report writing season at the school where I work at so I couldn't take much time off to recooperate (I'm starting to hate I.T ::tongue )

... bacterial ear infections (I haven't been able to hear properly for 9 days)...

I had something like that last year & it was one of the most frustrating things ever, but with all those other symptoms too... ::blink

... yep, I'm with the others on this - you getting better is top priority!

Get well soon!

Well, yes, I know the tech is there. What I mean is, does the Stranger have that kind of data at hand when he's sprinting along in hot pursuit...?

I would have to say no. While he does have a GPS unit built into his PDA, and a GPS beacon built into his costume(for tracking himself), he can't(won't) take his eyes off the Templar long enough to be able to give Ghost that information. The closest he can manage right now is his direction, rate of travel, and what landmarks(if any) are nearby.

Of course, Slither is on the rooftops, so she has a much better view.

Just for clarification: the 'poor fellow' who almost got hisself bit in half by Draco, and the people who were 'running away in a panic' are supposed to be plants put there specifically for that purpose. The 'conveniently unnocupied' seating section was also a purposeful element of Draco's entrance.

If including this stuff was in any way inappropriate Prof, then just let me know and I'll edit the post accordingly. I just thought it made things more dramatic and fun to read.

If including this stuff was in any way inappropriate Prof, then just let me know and I'll edit the post accordingly.

Nope - that's exactly the sort of showmanship we're looking for in this sport! ::biggrin

I pinned the Smackdown! thread for you guys.

Thanks muchly! ::thumbup

Right now it's just a 'playback' of recorded entrances over the last season - i.e. an opportunity to introduce the characters (those mentioned so far aren't all gathered in the ring at the same time!).

Usual entrance (as far as I can tell from watching WWF stuff) is to walk down the ramp & into the ring (in some suitably impressive manner) - in the XWF there's obviously the vitrium 'screens' or 'partitions' enclosing the 'Combat Zone' (to protect the fans from the Quantum might in the ring) to negotiate as well (there's a door in them, but those who can, tend to prefer to go over the top in some spectacular manner - the 'ceiling' isn't enclosed).

The 'ring' inside the 'Combat Zone' can be configured in a variety of ways, from a 'basic' four-sided wrestling style ring to a six or eight sided ring or even stranger three-dimensional structures, but is generally larger than a standard wrestling or boxing ring (due to the increased scope of Nova level combat - ranged attacks & knockback, etc.). It can also incorporate moving platforms, pit-traps, & other 'hazards' as well. Vitrium screens can be raised in certain places to seperate combatants if the ring doctors think it's wise (ironically this feature is more used to prevent Mite-crazy berserk jobbers going too far more often than it is to hold back real Nova combatants). In some 'themed' shows the Combat Zone will be decked out like a city street, wrecker's yard, or similar 'arena' - mostly to give the fighters things (like cars & lightposts) to swing at each other, & walls to punch each other through. Walls, moving platforms, & the like are actually usually built from relatively weak concrete - easy for Nova-level combatants to smash through, but still looks impressive with plenty of dust & rubble showering everywhere.

Nope - that's exactly the sort of showmanship we're looking for in this sport! ::biggrin
Great! That's what I thought (but didn't want to assume). Thanks.
CC, is your avatar a pic you drew of Lori? She's gorgeous! Where can we see the rest of her?
Thanks! And yes, that is Lori, but I actually haven't finished the pic in question, mostly because I'm a lazy good-for-nothing slacker... ::closedeyes (yes, that's right, bask in the glory that is my complete lack of ambition) ::sly

Just got back home from my trip, tanned from sailing with a dab of rust added from my brief stay in London (rained all the time).

Gonna catch up with posts in the games before posting...btw, downtime thread seems to have had a lot of entries, has there been a request for entries or something? Are we at the *gasp* EXP doleout + downtime post stage?

Let me know and I'll post something.

Good to be back! ::smile

Archived