Aberrant: Quantum Zero - QZ - game mechanics

Asbjørn

Hmmm...

... Just wondering if anyone else is gonna' start posting in these games again? Sounds like Ghost & Slither may well turn up (although I guess Slither can't really make a move until we know what Ghost is doing). Will Lodestone return? Verse (although I haven't seen Nullifier around these threads for a while)? Anyone else?

Just trying to get a handle on who I've got to work with & what direction to take the threads in.

Cheers all. ::biggrin

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think I will have to have a different place for Lodestone...Nullifier is not back so that seems right out. If you NPC him we can continue on that line...otherwise Lodestone will be with Thunderbolt.

Well, we're continuing the story arcs for now... but you kinda' need to post what Lodestone is doing... ::sly

... as for Verse, I guess I'll be NPCing him for a bit if Nullifier doesn't show.

Well, we're continuing the story arcs for now... but you kinda' need to post what Lodestone is doing... ::sly

... as for Verse, I guess I'll be NPCing him for a bit if Nullifier doesn't show.

In my games, that usually means someone's about to DIE!! ::nuclear ::devil

::wink ;)

Course, maybe that's why they never last long... ::blush

Hmmm... I think I'll give QZ & Elites 'till the weekend, then damn the torpedoes & forge ahead... ::getsome

I think I'm going to post, in a way that I hope will mesh well for future plans, so forgive me, Asbjorn.

Sorry for the delay in posting - the Easter weekend turned out to be more funpacked than I'd predicted, & the short week has meant work is... 'compressed'... ::rolleyes

On the other hand, I did manage to eat sushi for the first time ever - so I guess I can call it research for Nippontai High... yeah... that'll fool 'em... ::unsure ::sly ::wink

Typical DMD, leading with his chin. There is a method to his madness however, if he starts pulling lose the floor then Magda's attack may push him down a level (or he may get the floor before she acts), and the levels lower down may not be as reenforced as this one.

Wouldn't you rather save the world?

lol - lemme take another look... think I must've missed somefing along the way cause it's not all quite tracking in my head yet ::wacko

Not sure I can just 'start' wherever I like either ::tongue

Thanks for the call though Alex. I've missed this ::ultracool

and prof - Great to have you back ::biggrin

Welcome back Knave. :jumping40:

Thanks for the call though Alex. I've missed this ::ultracool
You are more than welcome, especially since you're my back up. Or I'm yours or something.
The Samurai has a nice place reserved just for him battling Magda in the assault on Maelfius's 'doomsday device'... ::biggrin
Feel free to ignore Magda and Alex (I'll have to not refer to him and the DMD) and cherry pick the device itself. You get to turn it off and take all the glory (again). Alex gets to take lumps (again). ::rolleyes ::tongue

IC that's what Alex would strongly prefer, that's why he's doing his best to drag the fight deeper into the building. That would serve two different goals, first having a brutal battle next to delicate machinery is a good way to make scrap. Second, she just took out the entire team with a wave of her hand. If she’s that good at dealing with lots of people at once, then best that she only has to deal with one at a time.

Feel free to ignore Magda and Alex (I'll have to not refer to him and the DMD) and cherry pick the device itself. You get to turn it off and take all the glory (again). Alex gets to take lumps (again). ::rolleyes ::tongue

IC that's what Alex would strongly prefer, that's why he's doing his best to drag the fight deeper into the building. That would serve two different goals, first having a brutal battle next to delicate machinery is a good way to make scrap. Second, she just took out the entire team with a wave of her hand. If she’s that good at dealing with lots of people at once, then best that she only has to deal with one at a time.

lol - suits me/him/omgit'stoocomplicated/thingy ::biggrin

Well done Prof, everyone.

Asbjørn, I'd wondered how you were going to learn your name. You too Knave, you took lemons and turned that into lemonade.

Poor Alex is a little confused... if he had more time to think about this he'd come up with the right answers, but right now he's going to focus and making like a gopher.

Well done Prof, everyone.

Asbjørn, I'd wondered how you were going to learn your name. You too Knave, you took lemons and turned that into lemonade.

Poor Alex is a little confused... if he had more time to think about this he'd come up with the right answers, but right now he's going to focus and making like a gopher.

::beer30 ::thumbup

Wow. Really impressive. There are so many head twisting possibilities here I'm still working on it.

Just for starters:

1) So that's what happenes when the DMD does a powermax. (joke)

2) How many people lived in that city? (remorse)

3) I may have been totally, completely wrong about the nature of Alex's powers, and it's possible this has been in the works from the beginning. I remember a drop quote from way back about a Dark Matter bomb. I also remember a drop quote (way, way back) about the Shadow Beast (Alex considered it as an alternative name).

4) Obviously all credit for this has to go to Guy. (joke)

Wow. Really impressive. There are so many head twisting possibilities here I'm still working on it.

Just for starters:

1) So that's what happenes when the DMD does a powermax. (joke)

2) How many people lived in that city? (remorse)

3) I may have been totally, completely wrong about the nature of Alex's powers, and it's possible this has been in the works from the beginning. I remember a drop quote from way back about a Dark Matter bomb. I also remember a drop quote (way, way back) about the Shadow Beast (Alex considered it as an alternative name).

4) Obviously all credit for this has to go to Guy. (joke)

If you want my opinion, I think the pebble was a concentrated spacial shock wave created by Maelfius and his machine, by attuning it Alex became part of it and "exploded" with it. DMD being who he is, he actually survived it... ::blink

On the bright side, Terry and company destroying an underwater station now seems really small by comparison...

On the bad side, this is the sort of thing that could instigate the Aberrant War... ::unsure

Telepathy is a good thing. Sometimes I wish my characters were telepathic. If Vinnie were telepathic, for example, he'd tell the Stranger to get under the stage and figure out a way to grab Ms Cable. Too bad Vinnie isn't telepathic.

Did I mention how I feel about telepathy?

Archived