Aberrant: Quantum Zero - QZ - game mechanics

Asbjørn

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...
Oh man...don't taunt me, Prof. Does this portend a QZ return?

Well, Nippontai High is back (set in the same universe). As for Quantum Zero & Quantum Zero: Elites... well, I have been going over the threads a little, & unresolved plots do tend to bug the heck out of me...

... there's a good chance I'd like to start those two up again, yes - I'm just a little concerned about limits on my time (& sanity). If they did start again I'd probably want to continue from where they left off - so no new PCs for the time being - & that'd depend a lot on who's around who still wants to play. Hmmm...

I guess the best thing to do right now is to get a roll call of players who wish to take up where we left off - then I can, at least, see which story arcs are still viable.

Of course, I'm also toying with the idea of 'Warlords of Tellus' over on the Adventure! IC games forum... but I'm not as young as I used to be, so running half a dozen games with multiple story arcs in each doesn't seem quite as practical as it once did. ::wink

Well, I'd sure enjoy picking Glacier up again. However, he was on a completely separate plotline along with Terry - and since Ezekiel's not around so much, if I were you I would want to drop Terry and Glacier for a while in order to get the "main" storyline to a stopping point, and then see where you want to go with the game as a whole.

Well, I'd sure enjoy picking Glacier up again. However, he was on a completely separate plotline along with Terry - and since Ezekiel's not around so much, if I were you I would want to drop Terry and Glacier for a while in order to get the "main" storyline to a stopping point, and then see where you want to go with the game as a whole.

I might end up having a similar problem...I would LOVE to keep playing Stranger, but right now he's hooked into a plotline with Ghost, and I haven't seen Asbjorn for a bit.

Alloy is open for business completely though, I think.

I might end up having a similar problem...I would LOVE to keep playing Stranger, but right now he's hooked into a plotline with Ghost, and I haven't seen Asbjorn for a bit.

Sounds like it's time for another Stranger / Glacier teamup. ::wink ::happy

Phoenix! ::brick ::glare

Of course I'm available for QZ, sheesh... ::rolleyes ::tongue

Terry was just getting interesting after a long bout of me struggling against his nature... :destiny:

Hmmm...

Well it looks like Terry & Glacier would be okay, & if Nullifier's still interested I think the team's all there on that plotline too. Thunderbolt was off 'solo' with Shockwave, so that's also pretty easy to pick up. DMD & Samurai were still at DVNTS, so they could be sent in pretty much any direction.

Stranger & Ghost were, I believe, just about going their seperate ways before planning on meeting up again to face the kidnappers of Miss Cable - so I guess that could be worked out (maybe Vinnie just never shows... ::unsure ). The guys joining Masters' plan to take over save the world I could send into 'training' & skip forward a bit to actual mission time, which could possibly get around any absences there...

... I'll try to review the situation at the weekend, if I get some time.

That's because nothing interesting has been happening here lately. I kinda doubt I could sit on the sideline if either of these games return, though.

And if Zeke doesn't return, can we say Ghost wasted Terry? ::ultracool

Okay - so I've posted in QZ:Elites. I've skipped forward a little time on two of the story arcs, just to get back into the action, as it were - hopefully everything is clear enough. Feel free to post guys! ::biggrin

If the Samurai makes an entrance he'll be one of the 'random assortment' of Elites in the suborbital over Nubalb. Hopefully I haven't forgotten anyone else... ::unsure

DMD, by the way, can be as loaded down with guns & stuff as he can carry (nothing which needs to be tailor made - but anything which DVNTS can supply 'off the shelf') - the assault is kinda' messy, but then the General didn't have time to organise anything else.

Are you referring to general, long term plans, or more immediate 'how do we get Liz Sable back?'..?

Well, both were kinda' indicating that they had a few preparations to make before meeting up an hour later - those plans.

Hey Prof, check me on this... I'm thinking that there's pretty much no way a BFG could survive an Alex style orbital drop?

I don't know - DMD's done some pretty clever stuff with his powers in the past... but if you're talking a full-speed 'let's make a big crater' style impact event, then no, I doubt it.

Well, both were kinda' indicating that they had a few preparations to make before meeting up an hour later - those plans.

If I remember correctly, Stranger was going to get some bigger hardware and more equipment. Ah, yes, now I remember. He was going to get an assault rifle(Large SMG stats from the corebook), grab some AP ammo for his pistols and the rifle, and some smoke grenades. He was also going to armor up a bit more, switching out his normal mask for a full-face helmet, and adding a Kevlar vest to wear under his trenchcoat.

He will also call Kenny from the secure line at his loft to give an update before heading out.

I actually forgot that I was playing a character in QZ - Elites. I think it might be best to just NPC Jaguar and have him stand in the background for now, if you don't mind - I have a lot of games on my plate at this point.

Understandable - I guess you've not got as much invested in Jaguar as you have in other characters, after all. Still, it would have been nice to see the way you'd take him. Of course, if Nullifier doesn't return to the game that whole stary arc might stall anyway... ::unsure

Nullifiers team was planning on heading out with Thunderbolt and them right after getting hte Eufiber back. Should we just have that team along with their raid then?
Only if the 3 of them win against the 6 to 10 OMA.

Correction: 4 of them. Verse, Jagar, Alloy, and Loadstone.

Wow, I have quite a bit of catch-up reading to do before I can post in QZ, just so I can remember what the frick is going on; hope to have something up today or tomorrow at the latest.

Okay, having now reacquainted myself with recent events, I can say that Slither would be more than happy to help with the rescue of Ms. Cable, even though she has no real idea who she is (I don't think - should probably do some more research), if only to form stronger bonds with her fellow novas; also it means time away from Marco, which is always a plus. However at this point in her career, at least on missions like this, she would prefer to follow someone else's lead; is there a plan she would be made a part of initiated by either Ghost or the Stranger?

Archived