Trinity Universe: Adventurous men and women needed!

Asbjørn

Modern science is the way of the new age, but it is also an ever strengthening connection to our past, as is becoming more and more evident in several fields of scientific research.

One of these fields is that of diving. New technology perfected by the US Navy now allows humans to descend to heretofore unreachable depths, possibly as deep as one thousand feet. Clearly, this opens up new possibilities in fields as diverse as geology, natural history and marine biology, meteorology and last but not least; Archaeology.

Over the milennia thousands of seagoing vessels have disappeared and sunk on the seven seas, and even though many have been uncovered by both honest scientists and less moral treasurehunters and graverobbers most have still not been found. This due at least in part to our inability to master the ocean depths.

The Aeon Society has been lucky enough to be allowed purchase of some of these new diving suits, and will shortly mount an expedition into the caribbean hoping to verify the alleged restingplace of one or more ships, and if possible salvage what is there to be salvaged.

The Society wishes to encourage all interested parties, both members and non-members, to contact the Miami chapter for details and possible participation in the expedition.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I guess you all can imagine what this means, right? Probably won't get it off the ground for at least a month yet, but I thought I'd check the interest...

Message board. No way am I going to try to keep up with a bunch of players in a chatroom... ::blink

For those who are interested: The first post should give you an idea for the kickoff point of the story. Feel free to PM me any character ideas you might have, and I'll do my best to fit them in.

Ok...ill get you a char as soon as I can. Im trying to pull together 1 FFRPG suppliment for the game castlevania, a BESM Midevil Japan game that im going to be co running, A Cowboy Bebop BESM game that I am running for this one guy, and the message board game. I may be a little bit making it as I have schtuff to do IRL too ::wacko

I been wanting to try out the game though so I'm in.

((BTW...anyone want in a Salior Moon, Midevil Japan or Cowboy Bebop BESM game, or hell...all 3...PM me. Me and the other GM need players for all of them!))

Haven't set a limit yet. The whole thing is still a little vague, and from what little experience I have with online gaming (which you can find 100% of on this site) I'd say the maximum number of players depends on their post frequency (and mine). In tabletop gaming I normally say maximum 5 players, so I guess that will be the guiding principle. As a storyteller, I reserve the right to change my mind completely, though... ::tongue

There's still room, though. First come, first served. Although, players of the female persuasion will be allowed first in line. If you do have an idea, PM me with a short description before you run off to make the character. I might not like your idea, you know... That way we work out a working character together, and you don't waste your time with all the mechanics just to change them again later.

And besides, Ayre: I think you'll find out pretty soon if you can handle pulp style when you start making the character. It's not that hard, and it's not like we're gonna pass judgment on your performance...

First of all, greetings to you all from the newest newb of the board (at the time of this posting=).

You can count me in for your game. I'll send you a writeup of my character tonight, although it might not be complete.

Sure do! Participation through the 'first come first served' principle. ::wink Just PM me with a few character ideas, ok?

Oh, and welcome to the forum! You know, you are the third person to post your very first forum post on this thread!

I'd love to join an Adventure! game. Bought a copy on Tuesday, and it's already given me loads of ideas for a character... Almost certainly be the oldest player, so think I play an elderly character ::cheesy

Steve

I'm starting to repeat myself here... ::rolleyes

Just send me a PM with your ideas... Welcome, Steve! Age before beauty, you know... ::wink

I may sound overly open on the amount of players I'll allow here, but like I've said before: First come, first served. I'm not really sure where I'll draw the line, but so far I've got characters from 3 of you and ideas from about twice as many. Keep'em coming!

A

Cap'n Ben and Steve: You're both thinking about playing slightly confused archeologists/inventors. That can be incredibly funny, but you need to talk to each other and compare notes so we don't end up with two identical characters.

So far this looks like it's going to be a very high profile expedition.

The Cast:

Captain Sir Abner Park, world famous explorer and living legend - ProfPotts

Sir Robert "Roughneck" Hawkshaw, military hero and one of the Empire's top ten bachelors... - Archer21

Lady Karen Sarah Scott-Boyle, globetrotter, athlete and adventurer - goneGaming

These are the ones I have received character sheets for. With at least two characters with this high reputation scores there's sure to be a lot of interest for the expedition. And any storyteller worth his dice knows what that means, right...? ::devilangel

*chuckle* Very well, then. Though I'd hate to see you run your vessel aground after I put all your crew into the infirmary. ::devil Oh, hell...no reason to ruin a perfectly good ship over such a minor quarrel. Perhpas we can settle our differences over a few pints! What do you say? ::bigsmile

• 2 weeks later...

I've been asked if this is it. Are there any more players joining the game? Since that's a topic of general interest, I thought I'd answer here.

Status: We've got 3 characters alive and kicking in the game already, 1 approved character belonging to a player who hasn't been online since I started it, 1 approved character who'll probably jump in any minute, 1 approved character idea but no sheet, and 1 interested player so far without a character, in addition to 2 or 3 interested parties I'll leave out of the equation for now.

I'd prefer having as many as possible present before I go on with details about the expedition, but don't worry. I won't wait for ages.

Archived