[OpNet] Here am I

I can imagine you are aware of what happened in Prague last week. Well, Delorimier finally made his move against Meehan's group and tried to add me to the collateral damage. That boy has gotten tougher, but not smarter. I knew there would come a time when he would come after me for that whole thing with Caroline Fong.

Let me start with a little history. When I came here, I was tired, beaten down, and confused. I understood that there were only a handful of people who might be able to understand me. Also, I wanted to understand them. I submerged my personality and buried my scars. I watched from the sidelines until Orzaiz made his defiant stand in '99. As the founders gathered, I made my move on Caroline. I 'allowed' myself to be drawn into her orbit and this allowed me to watch and listen in on those formative discussions. By '02, we had become very close and I became facinated with the clarity with which she saw the future of all novakind. When we met Marcel, I immediately distrusted the man and Caroline and I fought over it. That was my mistake. Deep down, I knew he possessed a strictly predatory nature too much like the one I fought down within myself. I never told her the truth about myself. He talked her into entering the Crysalis before she was ready. I refused to walk down that path. That is why she chose him to watch over her when she laid down in '04. To my eternal shame, I stood aside and did nothing.

I know in my heart that he betrayed her. I said as much to Scripture and Mal, before I left. More so, I know that if I ever get her out of Bahrain, he will make sure I can't keep her safe from him.

Well, he ambushed me but good. Too bad for him, but what I lack in firepower, I make up in subtlety. A good deal of people I know to be Terats were in on the operation, but I am not sure as to why. Meehan knows that I had nothing to do with the death of his people. Does the rest of the Teragen know that as well?

Anyway, our boy, Marcel, isn't nearly as slick as he would like to think he is. I found the best place to hide was right under his nose. That is were I found out he is working with certain members of the Primacy; some who think they are following directives from Mal, himself. Personally, that isn't Divis Mal's style as I remember it. Have things changed that much in my absence? I know he is up to something, but I don't know who in the Teragen I can trust, who might trust me. Think it over and let me know if you want me to continue. Later.

I know Marcel well. He and I are not on the best of terms, but he still beleives me to be a prissy pansy of Scripture's. He will soon find out that he is- again- wrong. Quiet contemplation doesn't mean I'm afraid, and 'slow to anger' does not mean that my anger is not to be feared once it shows itself.

I was not sure whether or not Marcel was behind Caroline's capture; and since there was no damning evidence, we've all had to let the matter drop.

But what you're talking about sounds like exactly the kind of heretical stunt Delorimier would pull. Do go on, Jager, I want to know more. And if I can prove Marcel's treatury, we won't even have to act; the Primacy and NV will take him out for us.

Let's start with this: Delorimier has gotten the complete scematics to a site on Lebos Island in the Aegean. While it doesn't mean diddly to me, Marc and some guy named Radu (someone working with or for Marc?) are planning an operation there. Sharpnel seems to have some periferal dealings with this Radu guy, but I don't think she is aware of the bigger picture. Leviathan is involved (no sign of Zia), but he is nervous/uncertain of this plan of Marc's. Likewise, he has some pawn close to Orziaz (he claims) that will "blind them to the possibilities" "at the proper moment" (his words). He takes it for granted that Geryon and the Primacy will be otherwise occupied when things happen. Radu will arrange for the actual action and Utopia is to going to take the fall(?). Radu has someone who will "ghost the image for Mal" (I think, not certain, their going to leave a false quantum image at the scene for others {Mal} to discover). Everything goes down Friday afternoon, Legos time. A definite time hadn't been determined when I took the moment and left. I have a few tidbits, but that is the core of it.

Does any of this make sense to you? Who is going to be on Legos Friday afternoon? Why is most of the rest of the Teragen going to be busy elsewhere? Is there anything you can do about this? Let me know if I should go to someone else with this.

This is ludicrous. I have no wish to post on any board that will label me "baseline" until I enter enough documents that I earn a "Nova" label.

Jager, I'm sincerly hoping I'm not degrading myself here just to hear you prattle about Delormier.

Ashnod, I apologize if I seem to be prattling on about Marcel, but I didn't want you or Sovem looking into this only to discover that we had a 'history'.

You don't have to respond if you don't want to, but I have a few questions:

Who or what is on Lebos Island?

What do you know about a man named Gideon Delphi? What is his tie to Marcel and what is his interest someone called 'Bandanah'? Marcel will let Gideon meet with Bandanah as the price for helping Marcel carry out his little plot? Atwight and I ran across Delphi a few weeks ago and this guy is spooky. He has his own private nova army. He also has perfected a process for cloning Novas as well as a form of brain-taping. Is Bandanah some sort of bio-manipulator? Lastly, Delphi has some deep ties to numerous folks in Utopia and Triton. Maybe Zia could help figuring out who he is.

The third member of this conspiracy is some guy named Radu. He is definitely not Terat and I don't think he is Utopia. If he is an elite, he has done some major work covering his tracks. Anyway, he will be the one providing the operatives so Marcel can keep his hands clean. We have less than 24 hours before something happens.

Well, that was amazing. Was that Jeremiah kicking Pursuers ass? It was definitely Pursuer. I have pics of him sailing just tweny meters off the bow of a fishing boat that one of the surveillance teams was on. He cetainly looked unconscious. I am still going over the scematics of the fight and the damage to the island. I sure hope the two of you did something. I hate to think S did all that damage by himself. If so, he just made my A list.

I believe Sovem hates me now, but what about you, Ashnod? Do you understand what I am trying to do? Or did I just make your list of serial killers and child murderers?

Yes, I am disgusted; but I will take time to post here for you. If anything, I have always pushed for truth and understanding, so I would like to clarify a few things for you so that your understanding may be better.

I went to Jeremiah about what you told me, and he seemed very non-chalant about it. He dismissed it with a wave of his hand, thanked me for keeping my eyes and ears open, but then told me not to worry about it this time.

Obviously, whatever it was, they wanted to try to keep it as closed ciruit as possible. How did you find out about it, and how was the Pursuer involved?

Well, it was six elites including Pursuer versus Jeremiah and one(?) houseguest and if that house was traditional Greek architecture, then I'm a leprechaun.

Anyway, J+visitor are eating a late lunch on a veranda and vistor goes into the two story dwelling just as the elites arrive. The Elites came in with a four-two split set-up(NW and SW). Five were flyers and the last was a drop off. The four came directly at J, so I assume he was the primary. The other two attempted to pass through the dwelling to come up from behind. The flyer in that two person set came back out pronto, but the drop-off elected to duke it out with the visitor. His mistake. Who ever was in the house booted him through a window in about 20 seconds. J held his ground pretty steadily throughout the encounter and was able to deflect most incoming attacks using some sort of force field effect that I haven't seen before. Pursuer closed to personal combat and put J through a low stone wall. That seemed to have riled him slightly. He stood up and Pursuer closed with that stupid grin on his face. Next thing we noticed was a series of explosions rippling across Pursuer's torso and his unconcious form being tossed over a km away. I don't have any evidence that J touched him and I am still running a spectrum analysis to determine what form of energy was used. My initial findings suggest some sort of tachyon burst, but don't hold me to it.

Sum total damage: (Defenders) one tea set and tray, one glass top table, one six foot section of a loose stone wall, two glass doors, and one 1mx2m window. I suspect that some furniture may have been busted up within the dwelling, but that is just conjecture.

(Aggressors) three top line elites rendered unconcious, another given crippling injuries, and the last two with mild damage that was healed before the fight was even concluded. With a combined total of over 35 years of combat experience, tactical suprise(I think Sovem's warning denied them any strategic suprise), and total knowledge of terrain and opposition forces, this team never even stood a chance.

I was on standby with a four man fireteam to lay down a covering fire of some newtech plasma grenades on the aggressors, but it never became necessary. The decision in this fight was never in doubt and I relocated my response forces about one minute after the attack commenced. Surviellance teams were withdraw over a gradual basis in the next thirty.

Yes, Sovem, my baseline team was willing to risk their own lives to save a novas. The fact that I believe J to be a moderating force in the Teragen was enough to net me a dozen volunteers for this little dust up. Only four of them even took weapons to the fight.

Sadly, one of them remarked that she was under the impression that you and they were on the same side; fighting for peace. I told her that wasn't the case. You have your priorities and agendas and we have ours. This time we wanted the same thing, but next time might be different.

Jager,

i have an idea, maybe the idea is to capture some key members of the teragen, brain tap them, clone them, and then insert them back into the teragen as inside agents.

Atwight,

where any of the clones you saw in the complex, teragen members that you are aware off, or any mentioned in the database you acsessed.?

Doc, if they wanted to remove Jerimiah and replace him with a clone, they are nuts. The visitor in the house, though, was out of sight for nearly thirty seconds and they're thirteen seconds inwhich I can't account for their actions at all. If a switch did happen, that is the time and place. Alternatively, the visitor may have been a clone that violated his/her programing. There seems to be a lot more to consider.

Dr. Cornelius, I gave the names of the clones that I am aware of on another thread. I know one of the genetic samples came from Jennifer "Slider" Landers. If any of the others were Teregen, you would have to ask someone that organization.

Jager, could the visitor have been Praetorian? If you give me a description of the visitor I might be able to confirm the identity.

[This message has been edited by Atwight (edited 05-13-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Atwight (edited 05-13-2001).]

Atwight, are you thinking that Delphi tried to take out Praetorian and use Teragen infighting as cover? Man, that would be balsy.

The person I labeled as the visitor defied any attempt to get a clear image of him/her. I think that atleast on a subconcious level, they knew they were under surviellance. Either that, or the have a power or aberration that distorts energy fields around them.

It would not be out of character for Mr. Delphi to pull such a stunt, particularly if he thought he had something to gain from it. Perhaps he knows something about this mysterious Praetorian that he felt warranted such an action?

Both the scenarios you mentioned about the visitor are not comforting Jager, the thought of someone instictivly knowing when someone is observing them and being able to mask themselves in such a way could be very dangerous in the wrong hands.

I would have given almost anything to be a fly on the wall when those two (Gideon and Marcel) got the bad news (if it was bad news) about their little mission.

Did you have any increased activity this weekend? Some of those Primacy freaks showed up at one of my abandoned facilities. Confederate really has a temper problem, ya know?

Jager,

You ask if you made my list of serial killers. Next to Geryon and Orzaiz, I'm probably the most publicly vocal Terat in the movement. In all honestly, how did you expect me to react to what you do with your baseline teams? Did you actually think, with any part of your being, that I could possibly approve of this?

Jaeger, The Apothocary is still alive? Damn, I was hoping that he hadn't made it out of Prague when Jay reduced it to salt. Oh well, I've done enough to put a kink into his plans that I can simply wait a little longer for him to die.

James, I haven't talked to Zia in over two years, so I am not sure if he is alive or not.

Ashnod, I knew you would not be unhappy, but I thought I had a small amount of trust on your part. I am not reckless(or I atleast try not to be).

Frankly, until I got the technical backing of several very gifted novas inventors(Atwight, James, and Cornelius), it wasn't much of an issue. The amount of illegal tech I was able to get was astounding and easily thirty years ahead of its time. Suddenly, my teams became a real threat to other novas and I decided to warn them.

Would you have preferred that I kept it a secret? I feel that would have been a betrayal of that trust I was working to earn.

I undestand your anger, but I feel you do not understand mine.

Jager,

That depends greatly on what you are angry at. And yes, I am glad you are honest with me, but I wish you'd been such from the beginning.

However, if you angry because baselines are being harmed by Novas, I think there are better ways you could go about it. For example, I am very upset about the majority of our population being sterlized, but you don't see me enacting retribution for it either. I'm trying very hard to be an educator and a philosopher rather than a warrior, but your actions and the methods in which you enact them are making me lose faith that I can resolve anything non-violently. If you feel you have to arm baselines, that you cannot be an educator to your own people, then perhaps I should be warrior as well.

Ashnod, please don't.

For almost as long as I can remember, I have been nothing more than a hunter and a killer. I lost the young nova I could have been. I threw it all away because I 'knew what I had to do' in the way the young always do. I just killed and kept killing until it was all that I was. I went insane.

I know now that I killed alot of people that didn't deserve it along with a bunch that did. That person is this terrible spectre inside of me, or more like the person I would like to be. It never leaves.

Since I started talking to you, I have sensed that you were capable of being a far better person than I was. My instinct are right. Don't let my actions drag you down to my level. Your fall would be a terrible one.

You being who you are makes my struggles for peace that much more urgent. I may be screwing things up, but I will keep trying. Help me; advise me; keep giving me the insight to understand the Teragen perspective. As long as a single avenue of communication remains open, there is a hope for peace.

Jaeger- How completely embarassing. Not the Apothocary, that twit Delomier, The Apostle. No, I am aware Zia is alive and well. I have only spoken to him once. I cam away from him with the same feeling most people get from talking to me apparently.

No, it is the Apostle I had hoped had passed from this life.

Sorry James, but the Apostle was very much alive after Prague. While I hold him responsible for a recent attack on Scripture, my word with the Teragen is pretty close to worthless right now. I guess he gets away with this, for now.