Aberrant: Quantum Zero - Quantum Zero - Elites

ProfPotts

(Training description added)

[The Gym, 0600 hours]

Vinnie doesn't seem to be the most physical of novas. His balance and reflexes are excellent, and he doesn't seem to tire easily, but he's obviously not stronger than he looks. He pushes himself at least as hard as his trainers do, but he does not manifest any kind of physical powers in the workout.

[The Mess Hall, 1200 hours]

After a few hours of physical workout and demanding individual lessons, it's time for food. Having helped himself to a moderate-sized (for a nova) portion of whatever is served, and grumbled a bit about it for not being decent food, Vinnie looks around for the other newbies.

(I'm assuming there's a 'newbie-table', and that all three of you are there.)

Vinnie walks over to the table, his eyes scanning the room like he owns the place. Then he pulls out a chair and sits down. He looks at the other three and nods hello before he starts eating. "I don't think we've been properly introduced. I am Vincenzo Gigante, and I've a feeling we'll be working together pretty soon."

The handsome Italian-American has the kind of calm voice that would cut through any meeting or stressful situation, bringing order and purpose in its wake and giving the impression that his introductory words are more than just chitchat.

He starts eating, ignoring the unspoken questions the others at the table might have. After a few mouthfuls, he adds "Look. You all probably have just as busy days as me, so we don't really have time to talk it over now, but why don't you come over to my bungalow after supper, and we'll talk. OK?"

(OOC: If you think this is skipping too much, let me know and I'll delete and repost this later.)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((Re: Skip - Depends on how much we see of each other in training... it might be nice to know what Vinnie 'does' if he's doing it in front of us - we're all going to be roughly known quantities))

The handsome Italian-American has the kind of calm voice that would cut through any meeting or stressful situation, bringing order and purpose in its wake and giving the impression that his introductory words are more than just chitchat.

He starts eating, ignoring the unspoken questions the others at the table might have. After a few mouthfuls, he adds \"Look. You all probably have just as busy days as me, so we don't really have time to talk it over now, but why don't you come over to my bungalow after supper, and we'll talk. OK?\"

"Talk? Wha' About? Yeah alright," Guy says between mouthfuls of lunch.

\"Well, Mr Brothers, that's a bit outside my job description.\", although she adds, \"There's a bar specifically for Elites on the base, & some of the Novas can hold pretty wild parties - or so I've heard. If I was you, I'd concentrate on making sure I got an assignment - & therefore had something to celebrate in the first place.\"

\"Aye, aye, capt'n. Well...off to train a bit then I guess...\"

Vinnie doesn't seem to be the most physical of novas. His balance and reflexes are excellent, and he doesn't seem to tire easily, but he's obviously not stronger than he looks. He pushes himself at least as hard as his trainers do, but he does not manifest any kind of physical powers in the workout.

((you and me both...))

Vinnie walks over to the table, his eyes scanning the room like he owns the place. Then he pulls out a chair and sits down. He looks at the other three and nods hello before he starts eating. \"I don't think we've been properly introduced. I am Vincenzo Gigante, and I've a feeling we'll be working together pretty soon.\"

Andy smiles and nods at Vincenzo. \"Name is Andy. Nice to meet you.\"

He starts eating, ignoring the unspoken questions the others at the table might have. After a few mouthfuls, he adds \"Look. You all probably have just as busy days as me, so we don't really have time to talk it over now, but why don't you come over to my bungalow after supper, and we'll talk. OK?\"

"Sure..there are no better parties around. Should I bring some...*cough* drinks? "

Through all training Alex tries his absolute best. He was recently a college student so the whole “learning is supposed to be good for you” ethic is still there. More importantly, he is well aware that screwing up here might get him killed later.

[The Gym, 0600 hours]

{{In either form, Alex isn’t stronger than he appears either.}}

Alex is surprisingly athletic. Especially for someone who “has no athletic ability or background”. While he doesn’t transcend human, for a baseline he would be an outstanding athlete. The trainers are much more familiar with this phenomenon that he is and had already taken that into account. Similarly, the trainers were prepared for someone who just doesn’t seem to tire and after an hour, prove that it is indeed possible to make him sweat.

Then they have him switch to DMD. The physical properties of dark matter are apparently bazaar enough that standard medical sensors produce irrational data. After some consultation and the introduction of a third “medical” type it is decided to continue taking reading in the hopes that if enough data is taken, it will start to make sense.

DMD is quite graceful, in a 6 ton lumbering way.

[Mess Hall, all times]

Alex chows down with the best of them and is happy to talk with other new novas.

[Lab, 1300]

DMD, “solid” darkness, et. al. are some of the odder things seen. It is unclear whether to call this a new state of matter, or just write up the whole deal to nova weirdness. This will be giving physicists headaches for months if not years.

[Combat Training: 1700-1900]

Trainers quickly figure out that DMD instinctively knows how to weld its body and any darkness object it might make as a weapon, tool, or what have you. They also figure out (surprise) that DMD seems to just shrug off most damage.

[The Mess Hall, 1200 hours]

Vinnie walks over to the table, his eyes scanning the room like he owns the place. Then he pulls out a chair and sits down. He looks at the other three and nods hello before he starts eating. "I don't think we've been properly introduced. I am Vincenzo Gigante, and I've a feeling we'll be working together pretty soon."

\"Greetings, I'm Alex Green.\" Alex half waves while eating.

"Sounds great to me. My trainers still haven't figured out that I barely sleep, so I have lots of time."

Vinnie's day:

[0600 - 0800, The Gym]

As previously stated, Vinnie pushes himself as hard as possible and gives 110 % in the workout. Sure, he's got staying power, but he's still sweating like a pig when the two hours are over.

[0830 - 1200, Individual Lessons]

Having already got more than a basic understanding of tactics and strategy, Vinnie's asked for more instruction in this field. There's bound to be more than a few tactical geniuses employed by DeVries, and he wants to know everything there is to know about their approaches to intrusion, hostage rescue ops, urban warfare, sniping, and you name it. He seems to already know a lot about assasinations and bodyguard routine.

On account of his social skills, he will also most be likely be given etiquette instruction and language classes so the agency will be able to make the most out of his talents.

Last, but not least, he will be instructed in cutting edge security and intrusion technology to make sure that he's up to date with recent developments.

[1300 - 1500, Quantum Power Training]

Since using his main power exhausts him pretty fast, most of this time is spent doing 'node exercises' (if such a thing exists) to improve Vinnie's endurance. In addition, a lot of the training time is used to study his sensory capabilities in detail, and testing how well he can operate without previous knowledge of the area.

[1500 - 1600, Quantum Theory]

Vinnie doesn't understand much of the science stuff, but whenever there is something mentioned that he feels can help him improve his quantum strength and control, he's all ears.

[1600 - 1700, Paper work and PR]

What's there to say? Vinnie's got his own opinions on how he ought to look, and it probably takes more than a few meetings to agree on all the details of his image. The paperwork is easy in comparison.

[1700 - 1900, Combat Training]

In this round of workout it becomes pretty obvious that Vinnie's been boxing a bit in the past. Although he's no match for any pro boxer, he's got a decent punch. On a human scale, that is...

Target practice and firearms training is where he really excels. Pistols, SMGs, sniper rifles and the more exotic and hi-tech weapons from the DV armory are all being tested to see which makes and models he's most comfortable with. He's already got a few favorites...

When it comes to putting his skills to use in the combat zone in the practical tactical excercises, he reveals a new side of himself. He quickly grasps what the instructors are telling them, and unconsciously emerges as the leader of any practice team he's put in. He's got an excellent understanding of the layout of the training courts, and knows how to use every physical feature to his or his team's advantage.

And he's a teleporter.

[2000 hours, Vinnie's bungalow]

After having wolfed down another meal in the mess hall and brought some more back to the bungalow, Vinnie takes a sorely needed shower, gets dressed in his normal, civilian clothes, grabs a beer and lies down on the couch watching the news and waiting for the other guys to arrive.

Vinnie answers the door, shaking Alex's hand firmly as he lets him inside. "You're first. Come on in and grab yourself a beer. I bet the others will be around soon too."

Turning the screen off, he sits down in one of the chairs in the living room and gestures to the other seats. "Make yourself at home! You've probably got a room just like this one so you know where the fridge is, right?" Letting Alex settle down, he leans back in the chair and takes a good sip from the beercan.

- "So... how are you dealing with life as a mercenary so far? Think you'll get used to it? I saw that newscoverage of you from NY, by the way. Damn, that's a pretty powerful gift you've got!"

\"Sure..there are no better parties around. Should I bring some...*cough* drinks? \"

((If you answer that you think drinks are needed then Im going to call Andy up and see if I can convince him to help me make a good first impression and send me a couple of amp wells out...damn...ima owe him a lot...

if not...then I will arrive sans-drinks))

Andy arrives a few minutes after his esteemed collegue and knocks rapidly.

[OOC]

Thinking about 'known quantities'... You think it's an idea we just tell each other a few technical stats? I always think it's hard to get the right impression of exactly what level of superhuman skill we're talking about.

I might describe Vinnie as extremely fast, and you'll describe Guy as even faster, and we'll all be confused. Better to state exactly what stats we have, at least as far as physical mega-attributes go.

What do you think?

This is a good question. I think I'll move it over to the forum if that's ok with you...

Personally I'd rather avoid mechanics but you can more or less get it in there with descriptions... for example - we won't be getting gasps from THESE instrutors with 1s and 2s in megas, but we could still describe Guy as benchpressing just over a ton for two hours solid and breaking a steel bar with a few breaking strikes... which is fairly blatant, but still doesn't break the illusion. ::biggrin

[/OOC]

- "So... how are you dealing with life as a mercenary so far? Think you'll get used to it? I saw that newscoverage of you from NY, by the way. Damn, that's a pretty powerful gift you've got!"

"Why thank you kindly. I was lucky that Darkness doesn't burn or melt or that would have been it. As for the life... I don't know. I'm still having second thoughts as to whether this was a good idea. ::unsure Since I haven't been on a mission yet, I just don't know if this is going to work out."

"How about you? Have you been on a mission yet? What are your Quantum gifts?"

[0600 - 0800, The Gym]

Guy pushes the limit but has a hard time working up a sweat without resorting to kata or using nova style gym machines with resistance settings in excess of a ton...

[0830 - 1200, Individual Lessons]

Guy's previous army experience has given him a grounding from which to expand, but his knowledge in this area isn't as great as it might be and he's dead set on absorbing as much as he can.

[1300 - 1500, Quantum Power Training]

Guy uses this time to do things like demonstrate impossibly fast sword kata, juggle six knives and demonstrate a few breaking stikes on various substances (NOT THE DARK MATTER!!! OW! ::crazy )

[1500 - 1600, Quantum Theory]

Again, Guy's training in physics and engineering give him a way of relating this material and he soaks it up quickly.

[1600 - 1700, Paper work and PR]

Trying out his 'costume' - more 'modern camouflage ninja' than samurai looking really Guy finds it to his liking... Head to foot he is clad in camouflage with no skin exposed at all. His eyes are covered with a small light/image intensifier system.

[1700 - 1900, Combat Training]

Guy excels at this. He is good with firearms and even better at martial arts - but still keen to learn.

\"How about you?  Have you been on a mission yet?  What are your Quantum gifts?\"

"Not for DeVries, no. I've had a few other jobs, but nothing big. Some jobs are just too easy to be a challenge, you know. I suspect things will be different here."

After being interrupted by Andy's knock on the door, he continues. "Actually, that's part of the reason I asked you to come over. I don't know about you guys yet, but personally my powers are rather limited. Extremely useful, I'll admit that, but I'm kind of a 'one trick pony'. I can teleport. That's what I do, apart from being ...above human average in certain things. This makes me useful for a certain kind of missions, but not others."

"However... if I were to be part of a team consisting of novas with different powers, the situation changes completely. I've heard some clients prefer hiring teams of 'new blood' to spending a lot of money on the big guns. If we manage to present ourselves as a well built, working team, our chances of getting a good mission soon will multiply. Whether we stay a team or not is a different matter."

Guy knocks a couple of times on Vinnies door and enters when invited... Looking about he makes for the sofa and collapses...

"Bloody 'ell mate... I'm beat! Tell me someone's go' enough TK or wha'eva to fetch me a pint?"

" So wot you lot talking about then? "

\"Bloody 'ell mate... I'm beat! Tell me someone's go' enough TK or wha'eva to fetch me a pint?\"

\"Hehe... I don't know about TK, but I guess the oldfashioned way works as well...\" Vinnie gets up and gets a sixpack of beer from the fridge and sets it on the table.

\" So wot you lot talking about then? \"

"The future." Vinnie smiles at his own intentionally cryptic comment. "I was just saying how I think all our careers will benefit from a little teamwork. We have different strengths and weaknesses, and at this point in our careers, we're better off as a unit with several fields of expertise than as four solo newbies trying to get a job on our own."

"Let's face it, guys... We may be tough, but we're playing in the big league now."

Bloody 'ell mate... I'm beat! Tell me someone's go' enough TK or wha'eva to fetch me a pint?\"

((If I can get andy vance to do it...We have a couple pitchers of Amp Wells here...a metal cup is floated over to you when you ask))

After being interrupted by Andy's knock on the door, he continues. \"Actually, that's part of the reason I asked you to come over. I don't know about you guys yet, but personally my powers are rather limited. Extremely useful, I'll admit that, but I'm kind of a 'one trick pony'. I can teleport. That's what I do, apart from being ...above human average in certain things. This makes me useful for a certain kind of missions, but not others.\"
Alex thinks, *Now THAT sounds interesting. My most lacking category is transportation. At some point I'm going to get into a fight with someone tougher than me and I'm just too slow to run away. Less importantly, missions would be much easier if they didn't see me coming.*
\"However... if I were to be part of a team consisting of novas with different powers, the situation changes completely. I've heard some clients prefer hiring teams of 'new blood' to spending a lot of money on the big guns. If we manage to present ourselves as a well built, working team, our chances of getting a good mission soon will multiply. Whether we stay a team or not is a different matter.\"
Alex appears to ponder outloud, \"Hmm. Now there is an idea. Actually...\"
Guy knocks a couple of times on Vinnies door and enters when invited... Looking about he makes for the sofa and collapses...

\"Bloody 'ell mate... I'm beat!  Tell me someone's go' enough TK or wha'eva to fetch me a pint?\"

"Yes, that was quite a work out. Vinnie here was just presenting an interesting idea."

((Edited because I was slow in posting an someone else gave Guy a beer)).

Guy accepts both beers with a heartfelt "Cheers!"

Vinnie:

\"The future.\" Vinnie smiles at his own intentionally cryptic comment. \"I was just saying how I think all our careers will benefit from a little teamwork. We have different strengths and weaknesses, and at this point in our careers, we're better off as a unit with several fields of expertise than as four solo newbies trying to get a job on our own.\"

\"Let's face it, guys... We may be tough, but we're playing in the big league now.\"

Alex:

\"Yes, that was quite a work out. Vinnie here was just presenting an interesting idea.\"

After sucking down some beer.

" Course... stands to reason, don't it. Fing is - we gotta wait an see what 'appens with employment contracts an that, don't we? If some toff wants to 'ire us all then we're sorted. Wot you saying? We need to do some teamwork practice so long... just in case like right?"

((If I can get andy vance to do it...We have a couple pitchers of Amp Wells here...a metal cup is floated over to you when you ask))

The gathering of newbies is suddenly interupted by the formation of a shimmering two-dimensional disc hovering vertically in the air over the coffee table. As the Novas watch the disc expands from a pin-prick to about three feet across, & images can be seen as though the circle was a window to someplace else...

... Standing behind a bar is the easily recognised handsome figure of 'Ironskin' Andy Vance; pounding music & shouted conversations confirm that he must be standing in The Amp Room. He looks through the 'window' & waves, his voice, like the music & noise of the famous club sounding warped & distorted,

"Hey, if it isn't my namesake! How'yer doin' Andy?"

He waves 'off camera' & a tray with a large pitcher on it is passed 'though' the window by a hand on the end of an incredibly distorted & elongated arm that deposits the tray on the coffee table, then snakes back to Ibiza. Vance waves to an unseen person in the direction the arm went & calls over the music,

"Thanks, Mr F!"

Looking back towards the Namibia-sited Novas he says,

"Hey Andy, we don't usually do home deliveries you know - you owe me big time. I would've got that jug of 'Wells to you sooner, but I've only just found a friendly Warper."

With that he calls someone into view - a tall, thin, & very beautiful woman with very pale blemishless skin, gossamer white hair, & white eyes; she's clad in a rather skimpy white mini-dress & generally appears decked-out for clubbing. She appears to be concentrating,

"You owe PathFinder here too", adds Andy, "she's got some work on in the States right now, otherwise I'd invite you all to join us. As it is you'd have no easy way 'home', & I know that those DeVries guys can be b!tches about people skipping base in their first week!"

The portal starts to shrink again, & Vance gets in one last comment as he points towards Vinnie & calls to Andy,

"Get his number... but don't tell Jake, ok?"

He winks ::wink , & the portal is gone, leaving the room much as it was before, with the addition of a jug of freshly blended Amp Wells. ::blink

\" Course... stands to reason, don't it.  Fing is - we gotta wait an see what 'appens with employment contracts an that, don't we?  If some toff wants to 'ire us all then we're sorted.  Wot you saying?  We need to do some  teamwork practice so long... just in case like right?\"

Vinnie's smile widens, a knowing expression spreading across his face. "Well... let's just say I have a gut feeling an offer like that might be turning up sooner than you think. And yes, I think some practice and planning of tactics would be a good idea. We don't have much time to do it though..." - he glances over at Alex - "so it's a good thing you don't sleep much. There's a client flying in tomorrow that may be just what we need."

At this point, his words are suddenly interrupted by the Warp Delivery Drinks, and even Vinnie is taken a bit by surprise... ::blink

- "Now that is a trick I don't know yet, but it's definitely on my wish list..." leaving the beercan on the table he reaches for one of the new drinks and raises it. "Cheers! To good connections..."

The gathering of newbies is suddenly interupted by the formation of a shimmering two-dimensional disc hovering vertically in the air over the coffee table. As the Novas watch the disc expands from a pin-prick to about three feet across, & images can be seen as though the circle was a window to someplace else...

"BLEEDIN'ELL!" ::blink Guy drops the fighting crouch that he'd somehow managed to adopt whilst lying sprawled on the sofa ::ninja and tries to win back some dignity by having some Amp grog. ::chillbeer "CHEERS MATE! he says to Andy as he raises his glass.

Vinnie's smile widens, a knowing expression spreading across his face. \"Well... let's just say I have a gut feeling an offer like that might be turning up sooner than you think. And yes, I think some practice and planning of tactics would be a good idea. We don't have much time to do it though...\" - he glances over at Alex - \"so it's a good thing you don't sleep much. There's a client flying in tomorrow that may be just what we need.\"

"I fink we're prolly best off getting some rest then, Guv. Surely DeVrys is gonna want us ready for tomorrow. And if that buyer geezer wants the 'ole bunch of us - 'e can 'ave us rested, like?"

... Standing behind a bar is the easily recognised handsome figure of 'Ironskin' Andy Vance; pounding music & shouted conversations confirm that he must be standing in The Amp Room. He looks through the 'window' & waves, his voice, like the music & noise of the famous club sounding warped & distorted,

\"Hey, if it isn't my namesake! How'yer doin' Andy?\"

\"Havin' a blast! Except for all the running, I have a good feeling about this.\"

\"Hey Andy, we don't usually do home deliveries you know - you owe me big time. I would've got that jug of 'Wells to you sooner, but I've only just found a friendly Warper.\"

\"I know. You know I always make good. Just say the word, babe, and if I can do it, I will!\"

With that he calls someone into view - a tall, thin, & very beautiful woman with very pale blemishless skin, gossamer white hair, & white eyes; she's clad in a rather skimpy white mini-dress & generally appears decked-out for clubbing. She appears to be concentrating,

\"You owe PathFinder here too\", adds Andy, \"she's got some work on in the States right now, otherwise I'd invite you all to join us. As it is you'd have no easy way 'home', & I know that those DeVries guys can be b!tches about people skipping base in their first week!\"

\"Ok...just tell her what I do and I sure she can make use of me.\" Andy winks at her with a bit of a private party for them both in his eye.

The portal starts to shrink again, & Vance gets in one last comment as he points towards Vinnie & calls to Andy,

\"Get his number... but don't tell Jake, ok?\"

Andy smiles broadly as the portal finishes closing. He looks at Vinnie. \"So...you going to stay here...or do you have a perminant address?\"

- \"Now that is a trick I don't know yet, but it's definitely on my wish list...\" leaving the beercan on the table he reaches for one of the new drinks and raises it. \"Cheers! To good connections...\"

\"Andy is a doll. I already owe him a bit from hooking me up to this.\"

\"I fink we're prolly best off getting some rest then, Guv. Surely DeVrys is gonna want us ready for tomorrow. And if that buyer geezer wants the 'ole bunch of us - 'e can 'ave us rested, like?\"

"Mabey...after we finish this off though!" Andy grabs his own cup and takes a drink. "Thank the goddess for novas..."

(OOC: I just remembered I haven't given a proper description of Vinnie yet. So here goes:)

Vincenzo Gigante, Vin or Vinnie between friends, is obviously an Italian-American from somewhere on the East Coast. He is in his mid-twenties, and carries himself with great confidence. He's very proud of who he is, and people who don't like him would describe him as arrogant and acting like the world is the mollusk of his choice. But then again.. why shouldn't he?

He's very good looking, in an unshaven latino tough guy kind of way, and seems to naturally take center stage in social occasions. He's got a sort of authority and charisma that makes it only natural to listen to what he has to say, and most people tend to follow his 'suggestions' without question. He has expensive tastes, especially in clothing, but luckily he's also got style. 'Casual' for Vinnie is a comfortable suit minus the jacket and tie, and with the shirtsleeves rolled up. He also wears a silver cross like any good catholic boy, but he doesn't act like he's very religious.

In conversation and when you have time to observe him more closely, you may notice that he doesn't miss a thing. Every word, every facial expression, every little nuance in tone and body language is mentally noted while he's still keeping track of what's going on around him. In stressful situations during the exercises he's always managed to keep a cool head and react quickly to situations, sometimes before they emerge.

During the conversation in the bungalow he's watching all three of the other guys closely, measuring their reactions to the things he says and to each other. He's obviously taken aback by the sudden appearance of a warp gate in his living room, but quickly composes himself to his usual cool exterior.

Andy smiles broadly as the portal finishes closing. He looks at Vinnie. \"So...you going to stay here...or do you have a perminant address?\"

- \"You think I'd tell you? No way are you giving my number to that faggot, pal. I prefer blondes.\"

\"I fink we're prolly best off getting some rest then, Guv. Surely DeVrys is gonna want us ready for tomorrow. And if that buyer geezer wants the 'ole bunch of us - 'e can 'ave us rested, like?\"

- "There'll be plenty of time to practice later, but in order to make ourselves look as good as possible I think we should figure out what our collective strengths and weaknesses are before turning in for the night. First impression counts for a lot, and we don't know what time tomorrow he'll be coming."

Waiting a second or two to hear if there are any protests, his voice then takes on a more businesslike tone as he continues. "OK. Personally, I'm no good in nova-scale combat unless I'm well prepared and bring really big guns. Sure, I can go for weeks without sleep and all that, but no bouncing bullets off my chest. My greatest strength is that I can get myself and another person in and out of anywhere, without being seen. You can run, but you can't hide... ::devil "

He looks over at Andy again "Your powers deal with magnetism, from what I've heard. And you" - he nods towards Alex - "I've seen on TV." - Moving his eyes to Guy - "You I've only seen in training. Got any other tricks up your sleeve apart from kicking ass? And is there anything else I should know about all of you?"

\"Hey Andy, we don't usually do home deliveries you know - you owe me big time. I would've got that jug of 'Wells to you sooner, but I've only just found a friendly Warper.\"

\"You owe PathFinder here too\", adds Andy...

Alex thinks, *Wow. Talk about connections. And that's a nice looking lady, looks like my opposite number. One heck of a useful power too.* Alex only manages to wave before the gate closes.
Vinnie's smile widens, a knowing expression spreading across his face. \"...There's a client flying in tomorrow that may be just what we need.\"
*Now that is an interesting statement* Alex thinks to himself.
\"...My greatest strength is that I can get myself and another person in and out of anywhere, without being seen. You can run, but you can't hide... ::devil \"

He looks over at Andy again \"Your powers deal with magnetism, from what I've heard. And you\" - he nods towards Alex - \"I've seen on TV.\" - Moving his eyes to Guy - \"You I've only seen in training. Got any other tricks up your sleeve apart from kicking ass? And is there anything else I should know about all of you?\"

Alex responds, "If you saw the video you have seen the bulk of it. After that, well, it gets weird. I need to breath, but nothing appears to react chemically with me. Even this," Alex lightly sloshes his Ampwell, "doesn't have a kick to it. "Dark matter" appears to be a liquid, but it is denser than a solid. I turn into the DMD, but even right now I'm bullet proof and can make small darkness objects." A black "glass" forms complete with a black umbrella and Alex pours his Ampwell into it.

(To Vinnie) "When you say, "in and out without being seen" what exactly do you mean?"

(To Vinnie) \"When you say, \"in and out without being seen\" what exactly do you mean?\"

- "Unfortunately, I'm not invisible. And alarms and motion sensors can still spot me unless i knock them out first. But that's only if I pass through the guarded areas, which I don't have to... "

He goes quiet for a moment wondering how to explain it, then he continues. "When I 'port I simply appear where I want to be, no matter the distance. For example: I was in Rome last night. That's about ten thousand kilometers away, and all it took me was a few seconds of concentration. Distance is not a factor, as long as I have a few seconds to focus. If I don't i can't 'port more than a few hundred meters, but that's normally more than enough. Either way: The only way to see me come or go is to be at point A or B."

"And for the poor bastards unlucky enough to be there... Let's just say that an arrival like mine gives you an element of surprise."

((wish I got here sooner))

\"You think I'd tell you? No way are you giving my number to that faggot, pal. I prefer blondes.\"

Andy frowns. He stands up and looks down at Vinnie. "Faggot? It was nice to meet you, Mr. Gigante. I hope we dont have to work together for very long." As he finishes saying that the metal pitcher of amp wells is dumped over his Vinnies head and floats over to andys hands.

"You two enjoy your drinks" he says to his origonal companions, "I just hope that his...hateful impulses dont ruin them for you."

He turns and walks out the door.

Andy frowns.  He stands up and looks down at Vinnie.  "Faggot?  It was nice to meet you, Mr. Gigante.  I hope we dont have to work together for very long."  As he finishes saying that the metal pitcher of amp wells is dumped over his Vinnies head and floats over to andys hands.

"You two enjoy your drinks" he says to his origonal companions, "I just hope that his...hateful impulses do ruin them for you."

Alex blinks. He thinks, *Well, that could have gone better. Unless I'm mistaken, there goes our only flyer.*

Andy frowns.  He stands up and looks down at Vinnie.  \"Faggot?  It was nice to meet you, Mr. Gigante.  I hope we dont have to work together for very long.\"  As he finishes saying that the metal pitcher of amp wells is dumped over his Vinnies head and floats over to andys hands.

\"You two enjoy your drinks\" he says to his origonal companions, \"I just hope that his...hateful impulses don't ruin them for you.\"

Visibly experiencing a few 'hateful impulses' as Andy empties the drink over him ::angry , Vinnie nevertheless remains calm in his chair as he leaves.

Then he gets up, gets a towel and dries himself off before he goes to put on a clean shirt. Looking at the other two guys, his voice is still dangerously calm and level as he says "Anybody else got their feelings hurt by something I said? If so, I want to hear it right f**king now. If that" - he nods at the door Andy left through moments earlier - "is the level of professionalism we can expect from him, we're better off without him. You won't grow old in this business if you can't leave personal feelings out of it."

(Bahamut's typo corrected)

((I was informed of a typo... when I said ""You two enjoy your drinks" he says to his origonal companions, "I just hope that his...hateful impulses do ruin them for you."

I really ment...

"You two enjoy your drinks" he says to his origonal companions, "I just hope that his...hateful impulses dont ruin them for you."

\"Anybody else got their feelings hurt by something I said? If so, I want to hear it right f**king now. If that\" - he nods at the door Andy left through moments earlier - \"is the level of professionalism we can expect from him, we're better off without him. You won't grow old in this business if you can't leave personal feelings out of it.\"
::blink ::laugh ::blink "...ah... right. We were talking about Teleport. Can you appear high up in the air? How about at places you can't see and haven't seen?"

\"...ah... right.  We were talking about Teleport.  Can you appear high up in the air?  How about at places you can't see and haven't seen?\"

Calming down and grabbing his beer again, Vinnie's face turns into a smile as he goes on "Right. Yes I can. Or way down underground or underwater if I want to. Of course, since I can't actually fly it's kinda tricky to get the landing right if I end up high above ground. You see, when I 'port, I keep the same momentum, but I can change my own direction. That means that if I took a dive out of an airplane and ported to the ground, I'd still be tomato sauce. Unless I manage to port to groundlevel facing up. Then I'd 'fall' upwards till gravity caught up with me, and when my speed is zero, I can port safely to the ground." With a slightly crooked smile he adds. "I've never tried it, though."

Running his fingers through his now sticky hair, he gives a little laugh. "Damn, I really pissed him off, didn't I? You'd think I was talking about him..." ::laugh

"Anyway. You're right. Porting to places I've never seen is harder, but I've got pretty good senses. I can see the inside of both your bungalows from here, for example. ::wink But I try to get to know every place I go to as well as possible in case I ever need to get back in a hurry. That's why I spent the first nights here scoping the camp."

(OOC: This post might change a bit if the Prof happens to disagree with me on the physics of teleportation...)

During the conversation in the bungalow he's watching all three of the other guys closely, measuring their reactions to the things he says and to each other. He's obviously taken aback by the sudden appearance of a warp gate in his living room, but quickly composes himself to his usual cool exterior.

Vinnie's observations of Guy.

Guy's looks are a bizarre mixture of African and Asian heritages making him exotic looking in a not unpleasant way, but not handsome exactly. This appearance is accentuated by a #2 buzz cut, but offset by the fact that he is graceful in a sort of utilitarian way. Guy's nova body is smoothly muscled rather than built like a brick WC so he might easily pass for an athlete of some sort rather than a 'brick' nova. Vinnie also notices that Guy is returning his measuring looks just as keenly and that he is possibly a little more comfortable around alex than he is toward Andy... although the Amp Wells managed to kill any animosity that he might have felt.

Vinnie:

\"You think I'd tell you? No way are you giving my number to that faggot, pal. I prefer blondes.\"

Andy frowns. He stands up and looks down at Vinnie. \"Faggot? It was nice to meet you, Mr. Gigante. I hope we dont have to work together for very long.\" As he finishes saying that the metal pitcher of amp wells is dumped over his Vinnies head and floats over to andys hands.

\"You two enjoy your drinks\" he says to his origonal companions, \"I just hope that his...hateful impulses do ruin them for you.\"

Guy's face becomes even more Orientally inscrutable at Vinnie's comment and Andy's subsequent reaction.

\"That geezer's going to go too far one of these days... he mumbles to himself as the door slams closed behind Andy.

\"Anybody else got their feelings hurt by something I said? If so, I want to hear it right f**king now. If that\" - he nods at the door Andy left through moments earlier - \"is the level of professionalism we can expect from him, we're better off without him. You won't grow old in this business if you can't leave personal feelings out of it.\"

Guy thinks - *He is just a kid... So am I, I guess... This is an ugly business, but I can't let me plans go just yet...*

Vinnie:

Moving his eyes to Guy - \"You I've only seen in training. Got any other tricks up your sleeve apart from kicking ass? And is there anything else I should know about all of you?\"

"Wot? You mean aside from being a twenty year old military demolitions engineer and having more 'and to 'and experience than the rest of you put together (by the looks of fings at least)? Sorry mate looks like I'm the underachiever of the bunch." ::sneaky

'sides - doesn't look like we're going to put any united front on for any clients now.

\"Wot?  You mean aside from being a twenty year old military demolitions engineer and having more 'and to 'and experience than the rest of you put together (by the looks of fings at least)?  Sorry mate looks like I'm the underachiever of the bunch.\" ::sneaky

Ignoring Guy's slightly sarcastic tone, Vinnie answers \"Yeah. That's exactly what I mean. I take it you don't, then...\" ::wink

'sides - doesn't look like we're going to put any united front on for any clients now. 

- "Well, he sure as hell isn't. But that doesn't mean that we can't."

Calming down and grabbing his beer again, Vinnie's face turns into a smile as he goes on "Right. Yes I can. Or way down underground or underwater if I want to. Of course, since I can't actually fly it's kinda tricky to get the landing right if I end up high above ground. You see, when I 'port, I keep the same momentum, but I can change my own direction. That means that if I took a dive out of an airplane and ported to the ground, I'd still be tomato sauce. Unless I manage to port to groundlevel facing up. Then I'd 'fall' upwards till gravity caught up with me, and when my speed is zero, I can port safely to the ground." With a slightly crooked smile he adds. "I've never tried it, though."

Alex is almost thinking outloud, "So... could you port someone, like me for example, a mile or two above a target and then just leave? For that matter, could you port DMD there?"

Alex is almost thinking outloud, \"So... could you port someone, like me for example, a mile or two above a target and then just leave?  For that matter, could you port DMD there?\"

- "You?" - measuring Alex's body weight - "Unless that dark matter has made you heavier than you look, no problem. DMD? No way. Not until i manage to learn that warp trick..."

- "You?" - measuring Alex's body weight - "Unless that dark matter has made you heavier than you look, no problem. DMD? No way. Not until i manage to learn that warp trick..."

"All right then. So, when and where would be a good time to practice something like that? Or maybe we just want to keep that idea in mind. Are there any other ideas?"

((Ill go ahead and provide this even thought im gone)

Andy is a good looking guy. At this moment he is wearing a plain loose white hanes T-shirt, black baggy jeans and some chains. he has dusty blond hair, blue eyes, and a grin that would melt most women. He is neatly groomed, and you can tell...with his peeps, he is looking the heigth of fashon.

((please forgive how much this descript sucks...Right now im not very...descriptive. next time I describe myself I will do much better))

Archived