Aberrant: Quantum Zero - Quantum Zero - Elites

ProfPotts

\"How about you? What brought you to this?\"

"Well, I been in the army for a bit taking orders an' that 'til I got blowed up... so I really want to do me own thing one of these days, y'know? This seems t' be the only real way to get established so I can. Feels t' me like us lot 'ave a duty or somefin'. To you'know be better people? Know what I mean?

Sighing resignedly

Besides, me talents don't seem t' be much use for much else ::blink

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Besides, me talents don't seem t' be much use for much else  ::blink
Alex responds, "I know the feeling. There are a few other things I can do." A black fork forms in Alex's hand. "But there doesn't seem to be a market for black tools that only I can use."

"So what is it that you do that doesn't have much use outside of combat?"

Presuming that Andy does nothing else to annoy Bruce, 'plays along' with his 'repentance' (including an additional public apology in front of the entire Superimpose staff, & anyone else who wishes to watch), & does his assigned work, then:

Bruce finally decides not to go with 'The Catamite' as a name for Andy, & suggests instead 'Lodestone' - it represents Andy's magnetic powers, has a 'hard' feel to it (that's good for Elite names to have), & has an almost 'mystic' quality as well. For a costume he inquires as to whether Andy would like to have the pentegram symbol he's wearing as part of his outfit's design? Also, is he going to follow Elite tradition & wear a mask (often concealing one's identity isn't the point - it's more about 'image' & merchandising)? Does he have any other concerns (does he require an armoured costume, would he like a lot of metal on his costume, etc.)?

In the mess the Elites appear to be ignoring the two new-comers - caught snippets of conversation suggest that one isn't considered an Elite until they've undergone a naming / masking ceremony before their first mission - until then they're 'no-name scum'...

Presuming that Andy does nothing else to annoy Bruce, 'plays along' with his 'repentance' (including an additional public apology in front of the entire Superimpose staff, & anyone else who wishes to watch), & does his assigned work, then:

((Im not about to annoy him again...no saying what he can do...))

Bruce finally decides not to go with 'The Catamite' as a name for Andy, & suggests instead 'Lodestone' - it represents Andy's magnetic powers, has a 'hard' feel to it (that's good for Elite names to have), & has an almost 'mystic' quality as well. For a costume he inquires as to whether Andy would like to have the pentegram symbol he's wearing as part of his outfit's design? Also, is he going to follow Elite tradition & wear a mask (often concealing one's identity isn't the point - it's more about 'image' & merchandising)? Does he have any other concerns (does he require an armoured costume, would he like a lot of metal on his costume, etc.)?,,

"Lodestone? Sounds ok..."

Andy Decides that he would like a pentacle added onto his costime. A bit o armour always does good (yes to armor). Andy says that he would like some sharp parts on the costume...Knives...nails...something like that.

"Masks? Hmmm...I dunno... If you think I should have one. I always thought it would mask my good looks though. Ill let you have at it...but could ya try to put some dark purple in? Thats my favorite color." ::cool

In the mess the Elites appear to be ignoring the two new-comers - caught snippets of conversation suggest that one isn't considered an Elite until they've undergone a naming / masking ceremony before their first mission - until then they're 'no-name scum'...

*Hmm. Looks like Guy, Andy, and me are stuck with each other until the masks go formally on. Wonder what they do with the "No-Mask" types.* Alex thinks to himself. *This is almost like High School again.*

Alex responds, \"I know the feeling. There are a few other things I can do.\" A black fork forms in Alex's hand. \"But there doesn't seem to be a market for black tools that only I can use.\"

\"Rather 'andy for you though, I'd wager.\"

\"So what is it that you do that doesn't have much use outside of combat?\"

"Nofing quite so flash as you, mate. Just takes a bit t' keep me down... and I can do some stupid shi...stuff like juggle knives an' fings without trying very 'ard. I've also 'ad some training in demolitions an' shite. From the sound of that article fing I read on the Masters, if we're put in any sort of team you'd our big tank an' our Billy'd be more of a ranged weapon. I guess I'd be irregular infantry or a light cavalry or somefing like that."

Guy ignores the "big name novas" ignoring him...

"Nofing quite so flash as you, mate.  Just takes a bit t' keep me down... and I can do some stupid shi...stuff like juggle knives an' fings without trying very 'ard.  I've also 'ad some training in demolitions an' shite.  From the sound of that article fing I read on the Masters, if we're put in any sort of team you'd our big tank an' our Billy'd be more of a ranged weapon.  I guess I'd be irregular infantry or a light cavalry or somefing like that."

"Demolitions? Would that be construction or army? And any clue on where they'd be sending us?"

\"Demolitions? Would that be construction or army?

No, Army, mate. I was disarming mines in the middle bleedin' east when it 'appened.

And any clue on where they'd be sending us?\"

'aven't got the foggiest Scooby I'm afraid. From what 'Ms' Cable said we 'ave to get 'ired before we get work. Just 'ope we don't end up on a shelf being poked by the customers like.

\"Lodestone? Sounds ok...\"

Bruce seems a little put-out,

\"If you have any better ideas, Mr Brothers, do enlighten us, please!\" ::sarcasm

Andy Decides that he would like a pentacle added onto his costime. A bit o armour always does good (yes to armor). Andy says that he would like some sharp parts on the costume...Knives...nails...something like that.

\"Masks? Hmmm...I dunno... If you think I should have one. I always thought it would mask my good looks though. Ill let you have at it...but could ya try to put some dark purple in? Thats my favorite color.\" 

"Hmmm, dark purple... I like it!", comments Bruce, "As to the armour - would you prefer maximum mobility or protection? I'm getting images of something with a medieval influence - chain-mail perhaps, or studded-leather? Metal, to go with the powers... The pentacle 'insignia' will be fine. As for weapons - maybe small knives, or blades, or stars... or even spiked ball-bearings: any thoughts on a theme? The mask doesn't need to be too concealing, just a classic 'domino'-style if you like."

\"When it happened? Is that how you erupted?\"

"No mate, that's when I realised I liked Julie bleedin' Andrews. ::sarcasm Yeah. That's when it 'appened. I was there like, minding me own business in the evidence lock up when this bleedin' toe-rag nova called Eblis pitches up and blows the 'ole place to 'ell. Put me in the 'ospital for six months that did.

Most of me mates won't be getting up till judgement day. "

"Most of me mates won't be getting up till judgement day. "

"I'm sorry to hear that."

Alex volunteers, "My own eruption wasn't nearly as interesting. I was in a blackout and dropped a hammer on my foot. Then I close to leveled the building by walking through walls till I was outside. Some lady from Team Tomorrow talked me into going to the clinic a half an hour later.

The local PR guys heard about all that and decided to keep it off my resume."

\"I'm sorry to hear that.\"

Guy nods sombrely.

Alex volunteers, \"My own eruption wasn't nearly as interesting. I was in a blackout and dropped a hammer on my foot. Then I close to leveled the building by walking through walls till I was outside. Some lady from Team Tomorrow talked me into going to the clinic a half an hour later.

The local PR guys heard about all that and decided to keep it off my resume.\"

::smiley1 " ::smiley1 That's gotta be the best eruption story I've ever 'eard, mate! Makes the world feel a bit saner some'ow... ::smile "

\"Hmmm, dark purple... I like it!\", comments Bruce, \"As to the armour - would you prefer maximum mobility or protection? I'm getting images of something with a medieval influence - chain-mail perhaps, or studded-leather? Metal, to go with the powers... The pentacle 'insignia' will be fine. As for weapons - maybe small knives, or blades, or stars... or even spiked ball-bearings: any thoughts on a theme? The mask doesn't need to be too concealing, just a classic 'domino'-style if you like.\"

"Midevil? Hmm...I like! I think leather suits me more then anything else. How about removable studs or something like that? Or a belt of knives? Can I get an actual stone for a pendant mabey? And a Cape...a faux fur cape. I dont konw how to fit a mask on that though... You think that may be too Ren Faire?"

::smiley1 \" ::smiley1 That's gotta be the best eruption story I've ever 'eard, mate!  Makes the world feel a bit saner some'ow... ::smile \"

"Thanks. Alex says dryly.

I really should have seen it coming. ::sleeping I had a killer, aspirin proof headache for about 3 days before that. If I had been more on the ball, I could have chosen my powers. Better still, I could have gone to a lab and erupted under controlled conditions. That could have made a real contribution to science AND started me out with controlled, chosen powers."

Alex briefly forms a darkness "hammer", probably a clone of the one that caused his eruption, then it changes back into a fork and he resumes eating.

"But hey. What I got isn't bad, you know? I like my powers. ::smokin They cured me of wanting cigarettes. And I like being able to play basketball and being buff." Alex flexes some of his muscles. "Its just like I knew what the winning lottery number was but forgot to buy a ticket." ::blush

Andy reaches in his shirt and pulls a small pewter pentacle out. "You think this might do for the pentacle?"

he looks like somehting just came to him..."How about detachable sharp stars overlapping on a belt? Like pentacle stars, not Ninja stars...probably "hollowed out" insides...Meaning just the sharp edges of them seeing as I dont really have to pick them up physically..."

I really should have seen it coming.  I had a killer, aspirin proof headache for about 3 days before that. If I had been more on the ball, I could have chosen my powers. Better still, I could have gone to a lab and erupted under controlled conditions. That could have made a real contribution to science AND started me out with controlled, chosen powers.\"

\"Don't know mate... Those PU people make me a little uneasy some'ow... Like they're too good to be true y'now? Maybe it's just too much British politics I've been exposed to...\"

\"But hey. What I got isn't bad, you know? I like my powers.  They cured me of wanting cigarettes. And I like being able to play basketball and being buff.\" Alex flexes some of his muscles. \"Its just like I knew what the winning lottery number was but forgot to buy a ticket.\" 

"Yeah... If you got something good an' didn't turn inta the incredible salmon bloke then I think you scored... better that than 'aving someone poke you with needles and shite.

If you're up for some basketball I'm keen like... but its a girl's game innit?"

\"Don't know mate... Those PU people make me a little uneasy some'ow...  Like they're too good to be true y'now?  Maybe it's just too much British politics I've been exposed to...\"
\"I used to have a girlfriend who was very much into that mindset. And I've known a number of others like her. I wish them luck, but it isn't for me.\"
\"Yeah... If you got something good an' didn't turn inta the incredible salmon bloke then I think you scored...  better that than 'aving someone poke you with needles and shite. 
At this comment Alex briefly turns totally black. ::ninja And then it is gone and he is just wearing black clothes again.
If you're up for some basketball I'm keen like... but its a girl's game innit?\"
"Carefull. That comes very close to blasphemy in Indiana. ::angry My eruption gave me several more inches and some serious moves. Actually it was one of the cooler things about erupting. Somewhere in the back of my mind I really wished I was more athletic. ::hehe "

"How about you, did you get any wish fulfillment out of this?”

\"I used to have a girlfriend who was very much into that mindset. And I've known a number of others like her. I wish them luck, but it isn't for me.\"

Guy shrugs...

At this comment Alex briefly turns totally black. And then it is gone and he is just wearing black clothes again.

\"Nasty nervous twitch you 'ave there. ::tongue

\"Carefull. That comes very close to blasphemy in Indiana.  My eruption gave me several more inches and some serious moves. Actually it was one of the cooler things about erupting. Somewhere in the back of my mind I really wished I was more athletic.  \"

::hehe Sorry mate, where I'm from it's football or nuffing. ::hehe But then I may 'ave a move or two you 'aven't seen before either... ::devil

\"How about you, did you get any wish fulfillment out of this?”

"Maybe. maybe. I'av a theory y'see. I fink all the martial arts training I got from me uncle kinda patterned what 'appened to me like. Or maybe I just wanted to be better for me dear old dad... y'know?

But I reall fink it was the first one...

"

\"Say, you've been here longer than I. I for one don't tire very easily. Want to give me the 10 cent tour?\"

"Yeah, longer by about ten bleedin' minutes... But I'd like to take a look too mate... Lets explore!"

\"Midevil? Hmm...I like! I think leather suits me more then anything else. How about removable studs or something like that? Or a belt of knives? Can I get an actual stone for a pendant mabey? And a Cape...a faux fur cape. I dont konw how to fit a mask on that though... You think that may be too Ren Faire?\"

Andy reaches in his shirt and pulls a small pewter pentacle out. \"You think this might do for the pentacle?\"

he looks like somehting just came to him...\"How about detachable sharp stars overlapping on a belt? Like pentacle stars, not Ninja stars...probably \"hollowed out\" insides...Meaning just the sharp edges of them seeing as I dont really have to pick them up physically..

Bruce sets his team to work. After a while Andy stands dressed in something like the following:

A dark purple bodysuit (it's tight-fitting but comfortable, probably some kind of synthetic eufiber derivative), over which is a black leather jerkin with chromed studs, held around the waist by a wide belt that matches the colour of the bodysuit. Over the jerkin are a crossed pair of leather bandoleers sporting throwing stars (just 'off the shelf' ones for this fitting, personalised designs will be made for any final outfit). Black leather boots (rather 'swashbuckler' ones that come up to just below the knee & have a wide 'brim') & gauntlets complement the outfit. The final touches are a long, flowing, dark-purple hooded cape, & a domino mask.

Bruce asks Andy what he thinks, & suggests that in the final version the cape will be cunningly lined with small stategically-placed ferrous metal discs sewn into it, so that he can control it magnetically (for dramatic effect), the throwing-stars will be personalised, & there'll be a lodestone pendant as well. He's also considering adding the pentacle design to the back of the cape as well.

\"Good stuff.\" (Guy & Alex set off).

The Nova pair discover a great deal of activity on the base (much of it more familiar to Guy than to Alex): from the basic facilities (kitchens, shower-blocks, laundry, etc.), to training facilities (gyms, firing ranges, classrooms, etc.), to offices, communications buildings, living quarters, armouries (strictly authorised personnel only), motor pools, etc, etc...

... The base staff appear to be divided into 'military' (or, more accurately 'para-military') & 'non-military', the latter being mostly made up of 'suits' (like Ms Cable), & certain 'menial' staff (cleaners, etc., for the areas where the 'soldiers' don't handle such things themselves - such as the bungalows of some of the Novas). Near the mess there are at least three bars on the base - one each for the military, the suits, & the Elites (although, right now, the newbies don't fit into any of those catagories). Passing the Superimpose building they notice a repair crew already at work on the damaged wall.

[Any other activities before day 2 begins?]

A dark purple bodysuit (it's tight-fitting but comfortable, probably some kind of synthetic eufiber derivative), over which is a black leather jerkin with chromed studs, held around the waist by a wide belt that matches the colour of the bodysuit. Over the jerkin are a crossed pair of leather bandoleers sporting throwing stars (just 'off the shelf' ones for this fitting, personalised designs will be made for any final outfit). Black leather boots (rather 'swashbuckler' ones that come up to just below the knee & have a wide 'brim') & gauntlets complement the outfit. The final touches are a long, flowing, dark-purple hooded cape, & a domino mask

"Oh yes. This is perfect! Your a miracle worker! I would have never be able to come up with this myself. Thanks Bruce!"

After a shirt chat with Bruce, Andy wonders back to his flat and settles down for the night.

Guy memorises the general layout of the base before bidding Alex goodnight and heading off to his bungalow to get some shuteye for what will doubtless prove to be a daunting day of training if his military experience is anything to go by.

Guy memorises the general layout of the base before bidding Alex goodnight and heading off to his bungalow to get some shuteye for what will doubtless prove to be a daunting day of training if his military experience is anything to go by.

((Ditto, except for the part about experience)).

As Guy and Alex walk their rounds, getting the general idea of how the camp looks, they may or may not spot another person seeming to do the same thing, only a lot more thorough.

He's a handsome spanish or italian man in his mid-twenties, wearing stylish, but casual expensive-looking clothes. He's not carrying anything with him on his stroll around the camp, although looking at his behaviour you'd think he had both camera and notebook. He stops at every building and every open place, seemingly scoping the entire place out. At the secure areas he doesn't have access to he pauses a little longer, taking a good look at the buildings and spaces from all angles.

It might take all night, but by the time the schedule starts tomorrow, he aims to know this training facility like his own neighbourhood.

*This is going to be my turf, after all...*

Day 2:

The newbies are awoken at 0600 hours, along with the rest of the camp (those who aren't up already that is), by a classic bugle reveille played over the comm' system. Minutes later Ms Cable is knocking on their doors to gather them & give them their schedules:

For each Nova the first order of the day is two hours of intensive physical excercise, tailored individually based on both ability & need. Much of this is gym-work in one of the high-tech excercise rooms where they have pneumatic weights machines that can give even the DMD a decent workout, tredmills that can handle super-sonic speeds, & gymnastic equipment that'd throw the most agile monkey, as well as medical sensors to monitor all aspects of the subject's physique. A team of at least two medical staff & a physical trainer is asigned to each Nova - & they do their damnedest to make the newbies sweat for their efforts.

0800 is a quick shower then breakfast in the mess - as much as you can eat of all varieties (a full cooked breakfast or two being popular) to satisfy those Nova-level appetites.

0830 to 1200 is time for individual lessons - linguistics, ettiquette, tactics, computers, business & finance - whatever the Nova needs to become a more well-rounded Elite.

1200 hours is back to the mess for lunch - more huge piles of excellent food of various sorts - & a little free time for those who eat quickly.

1300 hours starts a two-hour session of individual Quantum-power training (for the newbies it's mostly demonstrating what they can do to give the instructors an idea of what they have to work with, & what they need to work on in the future). For some this takes place indoors (in one of the gyms, firing ranges, or other specially designated rooms), for others there are outdoor obstacle courses or target ranges. Again a mix of scientists, doctors, & trainers monitor each Nova's progress.

1500 to 1600 hours is time for lessons in Quantum theory - drawing on any experiences, questions, or insights from the recent training sessions, as well as attempting to impart some actual scientific knowledge (where it's needed).

Between 1600 & 1700 hours the Novas are turned over to the 'suits' - for PR work, photoshoots, filling in paperwork, checking finances, going over contracts - whatever is needed (& it's always more than anyone wants to deal with...).

1700 to 1900 hours is more intensive excercise - this time combat training, both with & without powers - martial arts, firearms skills, practical tactical excercises. During this time of day there tend to be more than the usual number of explosions heard around the base...

1900 hours is meal-time again (although the mess stays open 24-7: they've long-since learnt about Nova appetites); then the Novas are on their own (unless assigned a specific duty or are required for additional lessons or training).

"So", asks Ms Cable after going over individual schedules, "any questions?"

For each Nova the first order of the day is two hours of intensive physical excercise, tailored individually based on both ability & need. Much of this is gym-work in one of the high-tech excercise rooms where they have pneumatic weights machines that can give even the DMD a decent workout, tredmills that can handle super-sonic speeds, & gymnastic equipment that'd throw the most agile monkey, as well as medical sensors to monitor all aspects of the subject's physique. A team of at least two medical staff & a physical trainer is asigned to each Nova - & they do their damnedest to make the newbies sweat for their efforts.

\"So...Ummm...we have to workout? That means no powers...right?\"

0830 to 1200 is time for individual lessons - linguistics, ettiquette, tactics, computers, business & finance - whatever the Nova needs to become a more well-rounded Elite.

\"Yea...I dont know anything about tactics...\"

1500 to 1600 hours is time for lessons in Quantum theory - drawing on any experiences, questions, or insights from the recent training sessions, as well as attempting to impart some actual scientific knowledge (where it's needed).

\"Errr....Hardcore scientific theory? There is no way outta that im assuming...\"

1700 to 1900 hours is more intensive excercise - this time combat training, both with & without powers - martial arts, firearms skills, practical tactical excercises. During this time of day there tend to be more than the usual number of explosions heard around the base...

\"Errr...more excersize? As long as its not running...\"

1900 hours is meal-time again (although the mess stays open 24-7: they've long-since learnt about Nova appetites); then the Novas are on their own (unless assigned a specific duty or are required for additional lessons or training).

"Are there any good sights around here? I would like to take a peek around if im allowed."

(( If anyone wants to see my heromachine design...PM me...it dosent fit in the window well enough for me to post it here))

Guy throws himself into the physical, tactical and scientific training and even does his best to take in the business smarts imparted by the suits... this is pretty much why he is here and he's damn well going to get his money's (er sweat's) worth out of the place. Used to pushing himself physically, he does so without complaint - and since his powers are basically passive the only difference for him is whether or not he pulls his punches in training. He even goes so far as to demonstrate a few advanced kata that somehow manage to tire him easily as much as working out on the torture machines.

On the PR front, he does do his best to not get photographed except for DV internal purposes (explaining that his face will be hidden in his costume anyway and he'd rather not subject his family to any kind of unecessary risk by exposing his identity).

\"So\", asks Ms Cable after going over individual schedules, \"any questions?\"

- "Yeah. Do you intend to team us up with other recruits, or are we it? And more important, will we be practicing group tactics in general or tailored to specific teams?"

Andy:

\"Are there any good sights around here? I would like to take a peek around if im allowed.\"

After listening to Andy's whining about having to actually do some work (& trying to encourage him to be a little more positive about training that could save his life & make his career) Ms Cable is happy to answer his question as best she can,

\"Namibia has some of the best wildlife you're likely to see in the world. Apart from that, what are your interests?\"

Guy:

On the PR front, he does do his best to not get photographed except for DV internal purposes (explaining that his face will be hidden in his costume anyway and he'd rather not subject his family to any kind of unecessary risk by exposing his identity).

The 'suits' assure Guy that his privacy will be respected - the shots they want are in-costume (Bruce's people work fast) poses for stills, & action shots for his electronic resumé - the kata stuff goes down really well with the PR people!

Vinnie:

\"Yeah. Do you intend to team us up with other recruits, or are we it? And more important, will we be practicing group tactics in general or tailored to specific teams?\"

\"Ah, Mr Gigante\", replies Ms Cable when she gets 'round to his bungalow & hears his question, \"I take it you noticed the other new recruits arriving yesterday? As far as I understand it certain basics of military tactics are the same the world over - the instructors could tell you more. As far as 'teams' go we usually don't try to limit our clients' options in that regard; but it often happens that we arrange for several new recruits to go on assignment together - to get them the exposure they need as new Elites. Clients are usually able to hire several new recruits for the same cost as a single experienced & well-known Elite, & we have an idea of which clients are likely to be interested in such a deal. Needless to say, an Elite's career can be made or broken on his first assignment - so it's important to make a good impression.\"

She smiles at the handsome Italian-American, trying to stop her eyes wandering over his incredibly attractive body, & whispers,

\"I shouldn't really tell you this, but we've got just such a client flying in tommorow to have a look at what we can offer...\"

Realising that she's said too much ::blush the young lady takes a few steps back, brushes a loose strand of hair from her face & changes the subject,

\"So, Mr Gigante, you've been here a few days now. How are you settling in? Is everything to your liking?\"

Alex:

Alex replies, \"Yes, will we be sparing against other novas during all this?\"

"That's up to the instructors, Mr Green", replies Ms Cable when she gets to him, "but it does happen."

After listening to Andy's whining about having to actually do some work (& trying to encourage him to be a little more positive about training that could save his life & make his career) Ms Cable is happy to answer his question as best she can,

\"Namibia has some of the best wildlife you're likely to see in the world. Apart from that, what are your interests?\"

"Any parties going on? I know there is no Amp Room around here...but somewhere to have a good time at."

\"Ah, Mr Gigante\", replies Ms Cable when she gets 'round to his bungalow & hears his question, \"I take it you noticed the other new recruits arriving yesterday? As far as I understand it certain basics of military tactics are the same the world over - the instructors could tell you more. As far as 'teams' go we usually don't try to limit our clients' options in that regard; but it often happens that we arrange for several new recruits to go on assignment together - to get them the exposure they need as new Elites. Clients are usually able to hire several new recruits for the same cost as a single experienced & well-known Elite, & we have an idea of which clients are likely to be interested in such a deal. Needless to say, an Elite's career can be made or broken on his first assignment - so it's important to make a good impression.\"

She smiles at the handsome Italian-American, trying to stop her eyes wandering over his incredibly attractive body, & whispers,

\"I shouldn't really tell you this, but we've got just such a client flying in tommorow to have a look at what we can offer...\"

Smiling, Vinnie listens with obvious interest to what she has to say, leaning closer to hear her conspiratorial whisper better. \"Really? That's interesting... Do you have any idea exactly what he's after? I mean, you are so right about the importance of first impressions, and I'd hate being unprepared for an important meeting like that.\" Pausing slightly, he smiles again, and adds \"Of course, I realize that there are limits to what you are allowed to tell us new recruits, but I sure hope you can help me out here. I won't forget it.\"

Realising that she's said too much ::blush  the young lady takes a few steps back, brushes a loose strand of hair from her face & changes the subject,

\"So, Mr Gigante, you've been here a few days now. How are you settling in? Is everything to your liking?\"

Leaning back again, Vinnie takes her change of subject in stride. He looks around a moment, seeming to think over if he has any complaints. "Well... this place is a bit lacking in the entertainment department, if you know what I mean... But then again, this is a training camp, so I guess I shouldn't complain. I certainly shouldn't anyway. I had a trip to Rome just last night... You should join me some time." He pauses to let her think about his words before he continues. "But otherwise it's everything I expected. You sure work us hard here, though. I feel like I'm building more muscle already."

\"Any parties going on? I know there is no Amp Room around here...but somewhere to have a good time at.\"

Ms Cable raises an eyebrow ::sly ,

"Well, Mr Brothers, that's a bit outside my job description.", although she adds, "There's a bar specifically for Elites on the base, & some of the Novas can hold pretty wild parties - or so I've heard. If I was you, I'd concentrate on making sure I got an assignment - & therefore had something to celebrate in the first place."

Leaning back again, Vinnie takes her change of subject in stride. He looks around a moment, seeming to think over if he has any complaints. \"Well... this place is a bit lacking in the entertainment department, if you know what I mean... But then again, this is a training camp, so I guess I shouldn't complain. I certainly shouldn't anyway. I had a trip to Rome just last night... You should join me some time.\" He pauses to let her think about his words before he continues. \"But otherwise it's everything I expected. You sure work us hard here, though. I feel like I'm building more muscle already.\"

Ms Cable seems a bit flustered by some of Vinnie's more suggestive words ::blush , & quickly excuses herself from his presence before her cool business-like exterior collapses completely...

Archived