[OpNet] Jager, Watch your back!

Sorry for the abrupt ending of my post on the Opposing Views. My Quantum Subconscious took over my conscious mind. I have had a vision regarding the information you provided for me. Do not, I repeat, do not go snooping around San Francisco. What we are looking for is not there and what is there will cut your team to ribbons (94.73% accuracy). Look to Anahiem. just outside the city should be a small complex, heavily guarded. I believe what I am looking for is on the 3rd sub-basement (73.12% accuracy). Somewhere on this floor should be a containment chamber holding an electrical generating Nova hooked up to a refrigerator sized machine. Freeing the Nova would be a good thing although my priority is the machine. If you can not apropriate the machine, download the schematics from the isolated computer core. Good luck and if you need anything let me know.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, so close. Thanks Atwight, but I finally caught a break this time. Something about SF got my node twitching so I displaced to the secondary target. I am afraid you will have to take reciept of both the nova and the device. Tasha can't disconnect them without severe trauma to both subject and device. We have fooled its security systems into thinking it is still online, but I am not sure how long this will last. My resident tech expert says this 'thing' is way past anything she has seen Utopia put out so far. The schematics she babbled at me makes no sense at all. She will download her findings to you and then do an acid erase at her end.

Jager;

Caught the download, definitely a dirivitive of my technology. Damn those Utopiate bastards, that poor Nova probably has about 3 months to live before their "project" completely burns out her Node. I am sending you a drop off location for the device and nova, and the account numbers to a large "nest egg". You need anything, let me know.

Atwight, it seems that I am having this Telepath problem. Do you have any ideas? This person or persons got the drop on me once and I don't want it to happen again. I am looking for something that detects attempts at mental interference as well as possible ways to track it back to its source. A scrambler device that would shield minds that had already been contacted would be interesting as well. Let me know if you can devote any time to this.

Jaeger, here you go. I worked on it some time ago simply as a mental excercise. I hope it is of some use. Building it from the specs though is going to burn a little time, with a talented molecular manipulator on hand I rarely make the effort to substitute easy to find materials for the rare stuff.

Good Luck.

Jager, I have recieved the package. It took me a couple of hours to untangle the mess those Utopia eggheads made of my designs but I was able to release their test subject without harm. Felicia, the young woman you rescued has asked me to thank you. She will be alright, the machine was causing her to manifest her powers on a constant basis, so she will need some time to recover.

It seems you have a solution to your psi-snoop problem, so I will not bother with sending my own schematics. A little trick I have learned over the years for tracking Nova phenomina, if you are able to sense/see Quantum flows, simply follow the flow of Quantum Energy back to its source. It takes practice to figure out which flow is exactly the one you want but I have found it to be a very effective technique. Also if you need anything else, I am leaving you a contact number for one of my employees, Jacob Webb, founder and CEO of Webb Enterprises. He knows we are associates and will be a great supplier for most anything you need. Of course I am also available to help when I can.

Yeah, I have thought about dipping into the flow to find the source of my 'little problem', but it leaves me vulnerable to detection by others if I stay 'active' for too long. I am also more worried about my teammates than myself. Thanks for the info and tell Felicia that it was your dedication to finding out what those idiots were up to that got her out. I am just the hired gun.

Damn, James! This stuff is good but will take a fortune to build. Looks like Ole Jager is going to be putting in some overtime. I know these rigs will probably be illegal tech , but how safe is this miniturized power supply? Maybe I should head down to the local Triton subsidiary and have them do some 'quality control'? I should get the results about the same time I get out of prison in, say, 15 to 20 years. Just kidding. I need to be sure I won't be taking out a whole city block if one of these things takes a bad hit.

If you are having problems with being detected through telepathics then playing bloodhound should not pose any particular risk. The telepath in question probably already knows who you are and what your planning anyways. Protecting you comrades beforehand is wise though. Especialy if you are working with normal Humans. By the way do not undersell yourself. You may have been the "hired gun" but without your services she would not be sitting in my office at the moment. I consider this victory a team effort.

Just so someone knows, I am heading into San Franscisco to do some more checking on my "vision". I will try to keep in contact through this forum. If for some reason I stop communicating, contact Mr. Webb, he will be able to mount a "rescue mission".

Thank you in advance.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jager:
Yeah, I have thought about dipping into the flow to find the source of my 'little problem', but it leaves me vulnerable to detection by others if I stay 'active' for too long. I am also more worried about my teammates than myself. Thanks for the info and tell Felicia that it was your dedication to finding out what those idiots were up to that got her out. I am just the hired gun.

Damn, James! This stuff is good but will take a fortune to build. Looks like Ole Jager is going to be putting in some overtime. I know these rigs will probably be illegal tech , but how safe is this miniturized power supply? Maybe I should head down to the local Triton subsidiary and have them do some 'quality control'? I should get the results about the same time I get out of prison in, say, 15 to 20 years. Just kidding. I need to be sure I won't be taking out a whole city block if one of these things takes a bad hit.

Sorry Jaeger, I didn't think about the money issue really. NextStep still gives me a salary well into the 7 figures for the patents that Utopia let through and too be brutally honest, I come from an old money family that would get me listed in Fortune's yearly list even without my added income.

About the legality, uh yes, it's definetly illegal tech. I am so tired of Utopia's tech ban that I just don't bother to heed it anymore. I come up with a nice idea, I post it for free. Screw patents, I have enough money. But the power packs are safe. I don't have enough resistence to damage to be able to risk any kind of serious danger. Recheck the spatial warp safeties, if it blows it implodes into itself to the point of creating a miniature wormhole that only lasts a fraction of a nanosecond. Energy may not be eliminated, but it can be shifted.

Thanks. I have got someone working on it as we 'speak'. Prodigy, were you in the HK earlier this week? I have a friend in Novelty that thought they caught a gander of you having some problems with some Triad types.

Atwight, I just got a heads up that someone has a 'snooper' team in SF. They are a DeVries Elite team out of Karachi. All are talented ESPers, so be careful if they are on your trail.

"Problems"? No, no problems. I was simply divesting myself of any conscience and coming up with a way to get Cornelius to cease and desist in his activities. It was not apparently necessary, but I feel that it still had a positive effect.

Thank you for the heads up Jager, I will keep my "eyes" open. Just to be on the safe side I am going to try a new little trick. I am going to extend and diffuse my Quantum Field, create a few Quantum Ghost Signatures. That should keep the any Snoopers busy. You were right about the wierd feeling in this place. I arrived in SF about 4 hours ago and my Node has been "tingling" since I got here. Must go now, I will contact later.

Prodigy, Cornelius is off-world now and his further interference should be minimal. Can't you let it rest?

Atwight, you're four hours past contact. Webb has my team dusting off and ready to ride. I am getting a sick feeling about this, so call in soon.

Jager, I am O.K. for now. My Quantum Ghosts were not as effective as I thought and I had to evacuate my hotel suite, bloody elites are definatly after me. I have spent the last several hours tracking Quantum Flows from all over the city. They all lead to the same building, the corporate headquarters of Delphi Inc. I do not know much about it as of yet however I am sending in a "probe". I have to get moving now, you will hear from me later.

greetings all,

exspecially to friendly neutrals like Atwight and Jager, been busy , busy, more busy then our nanotech assembler units building machine parts, and other necessary things, chimps all fine, the 5000 + ones we obtained have all undergone the uplift procedures, and the others are showing them the wonders of being uplifted, including the dirty sites that they have put up on the net we setup, boys will be boys what ever speciesthey are. Native animals causing minor problems, exspecially the cable liking ones.

im a scientist not a colony manager/supervisor, still doing pretty well, can modify my personnel porfolio after its all done, add off world colony organizer smile.gif.

still grumbling ay James 'Prodigy' Meehan, get over it, or do somthing like im doing to keep you to busy to grumble,

Offers still open Jager the nano tech upgrades for your troops, will increase all the physical stats and abilities, add to their perception ultraviolet, infrared, gives them a regenerative ability with the blood surgeons in their blood, and if they die and arnt cut in two the emergency regenerative device will activate and repair all physical damage, the device contains a large stored number of blood surgeons.plus theirs the option of having little nanotech computers in your head to store data and interface with, the results can be overlayed infront of your vision, take up minimal area, no brain damage or personality changes.

Plus we have come up up with a telepathic blocking device, interferes and stops you being tracked, puts a false overlay on your mind, that can be changed and modify from the controls on the outside and also alters your aura, we have them only in torc's, worn around the neck, come in various sizes, made by our nanotech assemblers, so they are all sealed if anyone tries to open they damage it and it self destructs. Have about 2 dozen of them at moment, we only use them when visiting earth, got them stored in a store room.

Cornelius, send me some samples and I will test them out. I hope you understand that I am a bit wary of putting anything in my people until I am 100% sure of the effects. Otherwise, it sounds promising. Thanks.

Atwight, Webb said something about an update call, if you know what that is about?

. . . . . >searching........... connecting .............. connected<Jager, I only have a few minutes. I do not know what Webb is talking about, check it out on your end. Do not come to SF, somehow Delphi is sucking the Quantum Energy from every Nova in the city. I had another run in with the elites today and my Quantum Reserves are almost depleted. Regenerating the energy is not possible at the moment. I am inside Delphi Inc. right now and will try to contact you later today. I have to go now, guards are comming.>..... disconnected< . . . . .

Jaeger, I am leaving Cornelius alone. I simply had to make sure that the Triad didn't take his sudden disapearence as any reason to become upset with me. We had a nice conversation and I was able to convince them that there was no reason to escalate the issue.

Anyone interested in data on 2nd gen Novas? I have been involved with a lovely group of quints from an ex-associate of mine. You'd be amazed at the differences one generation can make.

Hmmm, sounds like San Franscisco is an unpleasant area right now. Elites....a bunch of misguided souls, hopefully one day they will stop trying to prey upon their own kind.

Jager,

i understand your concern, some samples are onway to one of your safe house's that we are sure is safe, included in the sample's is the regen tank needed, implantation equipement and a simple AI with all the necessary knowledge about the procedures, has a VR link or data screen, is voice activated as well, answers to benji, plus samples enough to fully upgrade 12 persons, process takes 24-36 hours in the tank, plus a couple of weeks to get used to there new abilities.

The AI also contains some training programs to get the new users able to get the optimon use of there new abilities.

we added a tep blocking torc, and a new little device, if you have the time see if and how they can be improved please pass along the new information.

The new device is a simulation signiture device, simulates the chosen targets mental signature and creates a false quatum signiture (requires the infussion of some quatum), and aura, can be worn by a nova or baseline without there knowledge, there own signitures are overlayed without there knowledge, novas will becoke aware. If you inprint yours onto the device or devices you can create articial ghost for the enemy to track without using your quatum powers. Has been field tested by some alies we know, said the field test worked great, still extra outside evaluations would be good to have.

Back to the grind stone, second colony town being set-up near some surface resources, am having to organizing the grav train linkup to it, have to clear some jungle and bore a tunnel through the mountains seperating the two towns, then build the track and required facilitys work never stops.

------------------

knowledge is neither good or bad, its just how you apply it, and what morality system you use when looking at the end results

. . . . . . > scramble mode on ................. searching .............. connecting .............. connected< Jager and anybody else seeing this, this is a live feed, I have to dictate this as I go. I have found a lab on the upper floors of the Delhi Building and after scanning their dedicated computers have made a horrific discovery. They are cloning Novas! This is not a joke or a fraud! I am standing in the lab looking at four bio-growth tanks. The information says the genetic samples have been taken from "Lars Gunterson", "Alexsis St. Stevens" "Hally Munroe" and....Bloody Hell! Slider! They have genetic material from Jennifer Landers here! Damn, the army is at the gates, so to speak. I have got to go, I am going to try to access the programming for one of these clones and then get out. I will be in touch soon, I hope. >disconnecting< . . . . . . . . . .

Atwight, Tasha here for Jager. We just returned from picking up some of Cornelius' goodies. The team is prepped and ready. We are at the No. 3 staging area. We had to displace from No. 2 because our warp failed to open at your end. Jager has HALOed into an immediate response location and we will follow through when the barrier drops, or as the situation dictates. All standard communications are a bust. We are relying on visual backups.

Who in the hell are these guys?

. . . . . . . . . >scramble mode on .......... searching .......... connecting .......... connected< Tasha, your an angel. I am trapped in the lab right now, those Karachi elites are tough but they can not get through the door. I have altered the molecular structure of both the door and the wall to be harder than diamond. It will not hold them forever, I am afraid. I tried to blow up the Quantum Collector, the device sucking Quantum from all over the city, however I think they must have deactivated the bomb as I am still having trouble recovering my Quantum reserves. I have analyzed what data I have access to at this end. I believe Delphi has other facilities for cloning (the "do not put all your eggs in one basket" theory). Only one of the clones here is "operational". He seems to be some sort of teleporter so I am going to try to revive him, I know that could be dangerous but since I have no other means of escape, I shall have to take that risk. I will continue to post here as long as I am able. > .......... disconnecting< . . . . . . . . .

Atwight, that hiccup was their primary generator going off-line. You really must have their securtiy going ape-shit. Getting in was no problem. Tasha just activated every security alarm in a two-block radius. The SFPD and Fire Dept. are on the way. We will see just how public they want to take this round. Let's hope they choose discrestion, because I'm running out of tricks and its almost time to start getting nasty.

Fantastic work Jager, I can stop "ghosting" onto the 'net to post. I already feel the Quantum flowing back in to me. I have awoken the clone, they codenamed him Tesseract, and convinced him to leave Delphi and Teleport me to safty (long story). I need coordinates to your evac location, I do not know how faw he can leap and may need a conventional escape route. I have data and files on this project I will gladly share with you.

Well Atwight, that was fun in the broadest sense of the term. For a moment there, right after you vanished, I thought those Delphi goons were going to waste the whole lot of us, police and all.

You were right, the whole location has been shutting down over the past four hours. Major displacement going on within the facility. See if you can figure out were they are going. I don't think you have heard the last of them and I wouldn't put it past them to make an example of me and mine out of general principle. Sooner or later, I am going to have to learn to run with people more on my power level. Both you, your new friend and those Karachi Elites were way bad. I don't really want to think about those Delphi folks.

Time for a little R&R.

Thank you for the assistance Jager, without your help I would most likely be dead right about now. Sorry for leaving you in the lurch, I thought you were ready to evacuate. If you have any problems contact me, you know I am there for you, I owe you big time. The people at Delphi scare me too. If they are cloning Novas, especially Utopia Novas, It makes me wonder just how big this thing really is. I wonder where they got their hands on Slider's DNA and how much of this Utopia knows about. I am setting up a few false identities for Tesseract, if you need any for you and yours, let me know.

P.S. Webb is trying to get in contact with you, I think he likes the way you operate so I told him I would pass the message along.

Good Luck, talk to you soon.

Well, I was planning on some R&R, but another friend got herself into some trouble and I need to stay stateside for the moment. I will contact Webb within three days, if that is okay. I think I am going to change my job description from Freelance Troubleshooter to "Busy Little Beaver". What do you think?

As for the rest; it was our pleasure and what do you think a rearguard is there for anyway. By the time we vanished, it was too late for anyone to get a solid fix on your exit. Besides, you pay well and on time. It feels good to do good. Getting paid for it, only makes it sweeter.

What are you/we going to do about the folks we didn't get out of there. You don't strike me as the 'happy with a job half-done' kind of guy.

No indeed I am not. I have started working on a device to trace spatial anomalies. I plan on trying to track their warp signatures from their departure. I have every reason to believe Utopia is in on this so I am going to take it slow and quiet for now. As for Webb, I do not think he had anything pressing, just wanted to find out if could call on you if he had any work that needed to be done, so go ahead and take that R&R. If there is anything I can do for your friend let me know.

On a side note, what is your assessment of Cornelius' technology? Is it safe and worthy of study?

Most of it is mind-boggling, node twitching kind of stuff, if you know what I mean. I failed the "can any of my techies understand it" test, but I am not giving up on it, yet. From a baseline perspective, it is really neat.

If Cornelius gives his okay, I will download some stuff to you.

Tasha's back. Gotta go.

Of course I would enjoy the opportunity to study someone else's work, particularly when it is so close to my own areas of intrest. Dr. Cornelius, if you are still reading this forum, I ask your permission to study and compare our technologies. Thank you in advance.

By the way, did you figure out what the phoney update call you mentioned earlier was all about?

Jager,

you have permission to download the information to atwight, we have no problem with that at all, how you like our little nano-digesters they live in your stomach/intestines in a sort of symbiotic way, and digest all and any biological mater that enters it,better then the bio bugs we got, and they dont harm us at all, any excess energy they produce is stored in the bio-battery. if it can fit down the throat they can digest it, grass, wood anything. smile

if you like what you see Atwight, you know where we are, come visit our R&D section you will need a pass so you had better come to admin and get one from me. Back to admin stuff, need to get more time doing research, think i will set a test up for thwe chimps, to see if anyone of them has the brains and knowledge for admin assistant, and actualy wants the job.

Atwight,

here is the list of fully finished and field tested nano-tech we have developed at R&D, been tested for the past 8 years and has been implanted in our human supporters for the last 5 years, and no glitches. With this nano-tech implanted into a normal human it brings him level with low powered nova's, brings him up to and past human perfection standards, so we are careful who we give it to.

Nanotech (internals)

--------------

Anti-Nanites

Aspect Modification System

Audio/Video Recorder

Blood Surgeons

Bio-Battery Energy System

Computer Enhancement

Emergency Nanite Reserve (2)

Emergency Nanite Reserve System

Improved Digestion

Knowing Touch

Memory Augmentation

Memory Preservation System

Musculature Enhancements

Neural Link

Advanced Neural Link

Replacement Skeleton

Replacement Skin

Retractable Blades

Toxin Filters

Vision Enhancements

Hearing Enhancements

Wings

Jager,

Benji the AI should be able to help you and your techs understand the technology. If you need more help we could send a hypno-mech device to you with our knowledge base on the nano-tech, its theory and applications and such in it, you rest in couch shaped device put the helmet on your head and it inplants the knowledge straight into you brain, with a brain engram, with a code word you choose the knowledge then streams into your subconsous, best to do that before sleep, when fully processed, its like you actually spent years learning it, instead of a couple of hours resting in the couch, if want just tell us, for security reasons only the basic to advanced lessons modules can be sent, we dont send any that actually help you design new nano-tech as that would be dangerous, we just send the ones to help you understand what you have already.

Intresting list Cornelius, I will be awaiting Jager's download. No need for the gear though, I have been able to cultivate my own nanites for years, If I need to, I can manufacture them myself. Thank you for this opportunity. As for your aministration assistant, I would be genuinely suprised if not one of the uplifts took an intrest in the position. O.K. I have to ask, have the uplifts givin any thought to naming their species? I think I would start to get offended being called "the chimps" or "the uplifts" all the time. Either way, let me know how things are going, I plan to make a visit to see your progress soon.

Cornelius, Tasha my resident nova tech would like to "clone" Benji? It is against my better judgement, but she is so damn much smarter than I am that I can't find a logical reason to shut down her arguements at this time. She figures, once you permanently pull off-planet, communications will become difficult and traceable (a major bad in my line of work).

Atwight, download complete. We traced the Webb contact using one of Cornelius' gizmos and, guess what? I have that nagging telepath problem again. I swear, me and whoever-it-is are going to have a real meeting of the minds, real soon.

hmm, missed one in the list itsa an

oxygen transfer system

a nanite version of gills, stops water entering the mouth and nose underwater, but lets oxygen and the other gases through.

Atwight,

was only about 20 applications. And only 6 applications, that passed test, now they are going through the training needed by hypno-mech plus AI teacher/lecturer via VR classes, should be fully trained in 3 weeks, they then get tested, the highest is assigned to me, the others get assigned to the departments that need a hand.

As for there name species wise, they accept uplift and chimps as slang nick names for them, as for their new name still being debated by them over the net, plenty of names in the hat at moment some original some not, eg loi, eloi, fuzzys, primers, deltans, tanu, firvulag, liymaks, over 50 at moment, some new being added some being taken away.

Jager,

hmm so tasha wants a copy of benji, even tho he's only a class 6 AI, see no problem, she may have a little problem with the silicon/quartz positronic matrix, that makes up the brain, but a matter manipulator can help there, the algorithms and programing that makes his inteligence and personality is in a new programming language created by a nove here its called "TELIX" after the creater, if she can understand it i see no danger in her cloneing him, the interface is simple micro-electronics. She has permission from us here to do so.

As for your telepath problem, try the telepathic blocking device we sent the torc was a medium to large neck size, should throw him of, every time he locates you, change the settings, and if you want to throw him a red herring use the simulation signiture device, only problem there is if you plant it on a low level nova or a baseline its a one way mission, they realize they where fooled and find out how so grab the person and device, glad i put the self destruct mechanism it it from tampering(the nanos in it desolve it to dust)

on a side note somebodys been watching and monitering the company called GREBOS RECYCLERS they are a global corporation, they own the largest chain of garbage collecting and recycling centors in the world, my interest in this is, that i helped back them and am a share member, and on the board silent member, nothing illegal.

We acquire the recycled rubbish use our technolgy to turn it into its purest elements, eg copper, zinc, and so on and use the pure elements to fuel our nano-assemblers here, as they take the pure elements and then turn them into what ever there programmed to. You think they have noticed the sudden decrease of industrial garbage and other rubbish going out of the centers as compared to whats going in, building a colony takes alot of resources.

Think i will have our earth based allies nova and baseline look into it, see whats up, anyone else hear anything you can send to me here. Wonder if i should send some mimics down and infiltrate the directive and utopia. Hopefully its just the EPA checking that the garbage isnt being dumped illegally.

Jager;

Webb here, I have a small situation and I need your help. I believe Atwight has been taken. We were supposed to have a meeting the other day and he did not show. I sent an agent to check his place, considering recent events I felt it I should err on the side of caution. My agent, I believe you know Felicia, reports that there was definately a struggle. I would like you to investigate if you can. I have been assembling a team of Novas but they are not nearly ready to handle this. Can you help me?