Best Quotes Ever

Finbar

::laugh Touché. But then I wouldn't have gotten to kick your ass. ::tongue

Seriously, Glacier's too spiritual a guy to take life without some serious contemplation. The bear might (okay, would), but not Glacier. Now, if the girl had come up to him beforehand, or showed him some serious evidence that would damn Masters in his eyes, things would be different.

It's an excellent book. I really like Leviathan, actually (but ha ha, who'd have thought I'd have some kind of soft spot for taint-addled monsters?).

Okay, I found my favorite Leviathan line. He's talking about the old sunken Venetian cathedrals he drained for a new Teragen base.

Leviathan: What we found floored me, though. Get this: there were ancient pictures of Mal in the church, ascending into heaven.

Apostle: WHAT?!

Leviathan: Hehehehe.

• 1 month later...

Oh come on. Y'all are quoting Aliens and aren't putting in the penultimate Legions-friendly quote of all? ::shocked

"Nuke 'em from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

::biggrin

And from Event Horizon.

"Did you think that when you went to break all the laws of physics that there wouldn't be a price?"

"Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see."

"I have no intention of abandoning the Event Horizon. After I and my crew have returned to the Clark, we will detach and launch fusion missiles at the Event Horizon until I am satisfied that it has been destroyed. **** this ship!"

--BurgerSlave

"May I take your order?"

"How did she escape?"

"Well, she picked the lock using a pack of rather risque playing cards, then scaled the wall using a rake, a fork, and various pilfered undergarments.. rather ingenious, really."

-Shanghai Knights

Not a science fiction related quote, but still funny.. reminds me of Adventure!

Here are some of my favorite quotes....

"This may be the only epidemic in history in which no one has officially died"

- And The Band Played On

"You like pain? Try wearing a corset."

"I m disinclined to aquiest your request."

"It is bad luck to have a woman on a ship.

It would be worse luck not to have this one."

-Pirates of the Carribean

and the winner is..... *drum roll*

"THIS IS MY BOOM STICK !!!!!!"

-Army of Darkness

\"Game over man....Game over!\" -Marine Dude, Aliens

1) Hudson (Bill Paxton)

2) I think that this is arguably the most quoted line from a sci-fi movie, if not any movie, ever. The only one I can think that is quoted more is a certain line from a certain Civl War movie....

FR

I've noticed (or maybe I missed it. I need new glasses) that one Hudson line nobody's quoted is-

Ripley-"They've cut the power!"

Hudson-"They've cut the power? How can they cut the power, man? They're Animals!"

"Your move, creep."- Robocop, I forget the movie title. (Jus' kiddin')

"PLEASE, GOD, SOMEBODY OPEN THE BLAST DOORS! THEY'RE COMING FOR US, THIS OUR ONLY WAY OUT!"- Scientist, Half Life (Now who wishes THAT was a movie?)

"In Space, everything you don't bring, will kill you. Everything you bring that doesn't work, will kill you. When in doubt, assume everything will kill you." - uh, well, I forget the guy's name, and uh, I forget the TV series. Space Cops or something silly like that.

Ayre, I don't damn a give either. That would be mean and nasty (wait a sec. I'm Mean and Nasty. Damn You Give!)

-\"They've cut the power? How can they cut the power, man? They're Animals!\"

Thought someone already posted it, I guess I need glasses too.

Ayre, I don't damn a give either. That would be mean and nasty (wait a sec. I'm Mean and Nasty. Damn You Give!)

I was asking about the line from the civil war movie..."Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn" I just stole the scrambled version of it from somewhere.

Yeah, I know, I've watched Gone With The Wind once. (Not again though. Too boring) ::sleeping .

But I've decided that I will Damn a give afterall. DAMNED GIVE! ::angry DAMN YOU TO HELL GIVE! ( ::lookaround There's no one with Give as a handle is there? Oho, that would be embarassing...)

One of my favorite quotes of all time:

" In brightest day, in blackest night,

no evil shall escape my sight,

let those who worship evil's might,

beware my power. . .Green Lantern's light! "

-Oath recited by Hal Jordan, Green Lantern Sector 2814.

And yes, I am a comics geek. Thanks for asking. :P

-Defender.

Ok, there's only one sci-fi quote here, but...

"I thought I was stepping on a landmine or something. But it's endangered dirt!"- Uh... the good guy (Forget his name... you know, whathisface) Broken Arrow

"You're a madman!"

"Yeah, ain't it cool?" -Broken Arrow

"I'm crazy! Do you like it?" -Joker

"I may be insane, but I'm not crazy" -The Joker Batman

"When you're lo-oo-ny then you just don't give a fig

Man's so pu-uu-uuny and the universe so big

If you hurt inside, get certified, and if life should treat you bad

Don't get ee-ee-eeven ...

Don't get ee-ee-eeven...

Don't get ee-ee-eeven...

G E T M A D ! ! ! ! !" -The Joker, Batman: The Killing Joke

"Just because I'm carrying the joy of killing your wife and daughter

inside me doesn't me we can't be friends." -Sid 6.7, Virtuosity

"Sanity, you're a madman!" -The Tick

" 'We are lunatics from the hospital up the highway, psycho-ceramics, the

cracked pots of mankind. Would you like me to decipher a Rorschach

for you? No? You must hurry on? Ah, he's gone. Pity.' He turned to

McMurphy. 'Never before did I realize that mental illness could have the

aspect of power, POWER. Think of it: perhaps the more insane a man is,

the more powerful he could become.' " -Ken Kesey, "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"

"Springfield Psychiatry- Because there may not be bugs all over you." -The Simpsons

"I meant to kill my wife, but I forgot my glasses." -accused murderer of a passerby

"When you find yourself falling into madness, dive!" -Malkavian saying

"He's a man of few words, and he doesn't know what either of them mean" - Terry Pratchett, "The Carpet People"

"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'." - Terry Pratchett, "The Colour of Magic"

"The duke had a mind that ticked like a clock and, like a clock, it regularly went cuckoo." - Terry Pratchett, "Wyrd Sisters"

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." - Terry Pratchett, "Men at Arms"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Someone mentioned Firefly earlier, easily one of the most quotable SF shows ever.

Mal: Look's like we got here just in the nick of time! What's that make us, Zoe?

Zoe: Big damn heroes, sir.

Mal: Ain't. We. Just!

Jayne: I'll be in my bunk.

Mal: See, morbid and creepifying I can handle, as long as she does it quiet-like.

Mal: Are you all gonna be here when I wake up?

Mal: Which one d'you think followed us?

Zoe: The ugly one, sir.

Mal: Could you be a little more specific?

Man, I could do Firefly all night long! And I think Captain Malcom Reynolds is the coolest captain in all of sci-fi; I mean, he kicked a bad guy into an engine intake! How cool is that?

All of the following is taken from the enter the matrix game:

Oracle: You must be Ghost?

Ghost: Who are you?

Oracle: I am the Oracle.

Ghost: If that's true, then what's my response to that postulate?

Oracle: Truth is an event, and only through experience can the veracity of a truth be verified.

Ghost: Thank you.

Oracle: [about Trinity.] Ghost, you still love her, don't you?

Ghost: As much as she loves another.

Oracle: That is a hard path to walk.

Ghost: Nietzsche said it best "One must want nothing to be different-not forward, not backward, not in all eternity. Not only bear what is necessary, but to love it."

Oracle: Armor fati. You're a good man, Ghost. If somehow we do survive, if the path does continue, I hope it is made by others like you.

Persephone: If you kiss me as if you were kissing your true love, I'll tell you where your friend is.

Ghost: I could beat it out of you.

Persephone: I like the sound of that, too. But a kiss will do.

Sparks: Because I know how valued my opinion is on this ship, I won't bother to tell you that I think it's insane for you not to wait for a support team. And for the record, when I cart your bodies back to Zion, do you prefer cremation or the gardens?

Ghost: Sparks, your faith in us remains a source of personal inspiration.

Sparks: Well, I am what I am and I do what I can.

Niobe: Then, can you shut up and hit the button?

Sparks: Your wish, Captain, my Captain, is my keystroke, colon, double backlash, execute, command.

Niobe: Why do you do that?

Ghost: Do what?

Niobe: Check your guns.

Ghost: You never know.

Niobe: This is a program, they're loaded the same every time.

Ghost: Hume teaches us that no matter how many times you drop a stone and it falls to the floor, you never know what'll happen the next time you drop it. It might fall to the floor, but then again it might float to the ceiling. Past experience never proves the future.

Niobe: So...?

Ghost: So, you never know.

This one will be a little nasty, so all you kids watch out. It is also taken from the Enter the matrix game:

Trinity: We have to get you a girlfriend.

Ghost: As Augustine, Im dedicated to a higher purpous.

Trinity: What?

Ghost: Onanism.

Trinity: Is that why so many saints are blind?

Ghost: Celibacy is a hands-on job.

These all are from the first episode of Futureama...there are many more as well as visual gags...but I just got some of the better ones.

Leela: "At least (in the future) you will be treated with dignity...now strip naked and get in the probulator."

Leela: "Now hold still! I dont have good depth persception."

Bender: "Bite my shiney metal ass"

Suicide Booth: "Please select death of choise. Quick and painless or Slow and painful."

Fry: "Yea, I wanna place a collect call..."

Suicide Booth: "You have selected slow and painful..."

Bender: "Good choise!"

Bender: "Well, Fry, it was good meeting you. Well im off to kill myself now..."

Fry: "Down boy...bad president!"

Leela: "You guys are totally out of control!"

Cop: "We are peace keepers...thats our job!"

Leela: "Wait!"

Bender: "No thanks!"

Fry: "Good lord...what is this?"

Bender: "This is the decaying ruins of old new york...welcome home buddy!"

Fry: "I've got no home, no family..."

Bender: "No friends..."

Oh oh! Since we're on futurama-

Bender- "Oh, so it's just coincidence that Zoidberg here is desperately poor and miserably lonely?"

Leela- "For your information, it's because he's hideous"

Zoidberg- *groans*

Bender- "Wait, you mean people will pay good money for romance? Hmm... I think I have a scheme so deviously clever that I-"

Judge- "500 dollars and time served!"

Bender- "Stupid anti-pimping laws!"

Fry- "Bender. You can move! You're cured!"

Bender- "Oh, crap! It's a miracle!"

Fry: "As Vice Chairman, I believe I speak for the entire board when I issue this challenge to Mom!" *zip* "Look at my butt! Whooohooohohoho!"

Archived