Aberrant RPG - Mega-Attribute Books

Sprocket

Re: Chapter Two status-

A sidebar on masterwork weapons (melee, thrown & non-firearm ranged) has been written up & posted for peer review. It's a bit more detailed than the similar note found in the Trinity Players Guide, as rules for creating masterwork weapons are given as well.

EDIT: A second, smaller sidebar that provides rules for other kinds of masterwork items has also been written & posted for peer review.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Work on the expanded firearms listings has stalled due to a general lack of firearms knowledge on part of the Development Team. To help correct this impasse, a cattle call for Aberrant writers with such knowledge has been issued both here at EON Online & at RPG Post. We're hoping for the best.

In the meantime, work has shifted focus to finishing up the Combat Styles section.

• 3 weeks later...

The cattle call has been answered by Echade by way of Wanderer, and his first batch of firearms material has just now been submitted for peer review. ::happy

Work on the Combat Styles section continues. ::brick

Echade's first batch of firearms material has passed peer review. His second (and considerably larger) batch has been edited & submitted for peer review. ::happy

Quantum Promise has stepped in to help with the unfinished combat styles section. ::biggrin

• 2 weeks later...

Echade's second & third batches of firearms material have passed peer review. Unless a glitch is caught in the meantime, that finishes off the "weapons & armor" section of Chapter Two.

One of the unfinished combat styles has been finished & submitted for peer review by myself.

So if I checked it correctly, just five combat styles (besides the one you submitted) remain to be done, and the layout, before AB:TNF is completed ?
Actually, there are 8 combat styles left to do. Quantum Promise has been working on the 7 remaining RL styles & I'm working on the second/final Inspired style. QP has the easier job, given his experience with & knowledge of RL martial arts & such. I've got to create something plausible & workable out of the whole cloth! It's been tough going, but we'll get there. ::brick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

::sad To be honest, I've no clue as Quantum Promise hasn't replied to any of my messages requesting a status report. I'd hate to write him off, esp. if he's having RL troubles/interference, but I'm prepared to handle those remaining RL styles myself if need be.

The second Inspired combat style has (finally! ::brick ) been finished & posted for peer review. If all goes well, work on the remaining RL combat styles will begin ASAP.

Well done. ::cool

I deeply appreciate all the effort you authors have done in this nifty and most useful project. ::biggrin

Assuming that your self have to finish the last seven RL combat styles, I noticed that it took about one month each so far to write every style. Is this the kind of time schedule we can expect before the book is finished (another six-eight months), barring RL interference ?? ::brick

Assuming that your self have to finish the last seven RL combat styles, I noticed that it took about one month each so far to write every style. Is this the kind of time schedule we can expect before the book is finished (another six-eight months), barring RL interference ??
Actually, it was the massive RL interference which caused the process to take so long in the first place. Since we won't be recreating the last RL styles from various media sources or the whole cloth (which is how we came up with the 2 Inspired styles), writing them up should (hopefully!) not take 6-8 months.

As to how long the PDF conversion will take, I'm not even going to guess. Thankfully, spotting errors in a PDF document typically goes much faster than writing it up & fine-tuning the game mechanics.

Well, it's more like 3 down, 7 to go. We'd forgotten to add in a listing for Tai Chi Chuan (however it's supposed to be spelled), but since it's listed in the Trinity Players Guide, it seemed mandatory. ::blush ::laugh

Also, the first of the remaining RL combat styles has passed peer review.

The second RL combat style has been finished & posted for peer review. We're experiencing RL interference, so the peer review might be a few days coming. In the meantime, work on the third RL combat style has started.

The second & third RL combat styles have passed peer review.

Many Kudos to your productivity and creativity. Five done (more or less), five to go. At this pace, my hopes are really warming up.
What can I say, we've been getting RL interference both from work & the holiday season.

After that, what else is there left to do? How close are we?
After the writing is finished, we will compile it & send it off to JessiLaurn for PDF conversion. In the process, all of us left on the Development Team will go over the material with the proverbial fine-toothed comb searching for spelling/grammar glitches & other, less obvious mistakes that need fixing. The pieces of artwork will also be inserted at this time. We've had the covers finished & ready for quite a while now, so they can just be plugged in.

AFA a definite E.T.A. for the finished ebook, I'm not even going to try and make a prediction. That way lies only frustration.

I didn't understand if the artwork is already done like the covers, or left to do.
Some of the artwork is finished, and some is still undone. Cottus has been suffering from some nasty RL interference in the form of computer problems. Hopefully it should clear up soon, but we've still got 2 great pieces from him already.

The eighth RL combat style has been finished & posted for peer review. Assuming that it (along with the sixth & seventh RL combat styles) passes peer review, work on the PDF conversion can begin.

Archived