Aberrant RPG - Mega-Attribute Books

Sprocket

RE: Heart Stopping...really, really powerful.  Causes an attack just by someone looking at you and even if they survive they pick up a low level abberation?  holy moley are the only words that come to mind.  then again...it is quantum 6+....

On that subject, the prereq for something like that shouldn't be Q6+. It should be Mega-App(Ugly) 6+ (which is FAR more limiting).

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Heart-Stopping-

This sounds more like an actual quantum power that uses Mega-Ugliness as an in-game explanation as to how it works. ::confused I'm not sure that this would work as a Mega-Ugliness enhancement at all. Oh well... ::rolleyes

Re: What's needed in the way of new Mega-Social enhancements-

Okay, folks. As of this posting, we are no longer accepting new enhancement for Mega-Manipulation or Mega-Charisma for possible inclusion in EON's Mega-Social book. ::smile We are still accepting suggested new enhancements for Mega-Appearance (2 empty spaces are left) and Mega-Ugliness (anything from 4 to 1 empty spaces are left, depending on the results the latest round of author approval and peer review). ::cool

Re: update on required new Mega-Social enhancements-

Hey there, folks. As of this posting, all that we're needing in the way of new enhancements for EON's Mega-Social book is 2 for Mega-Appearance and either 2 or 1 for Mega-Ugliness (depending on how the current bout of peer review goes).

If you've got any workable ideas for those two Mega-Attributes, then send them on in! Who knows, one of your suggestions might just make it into the book... ::biggrin

Here's something I'd like you Megaugliness folks to consider. How does it relate to Face of Terror, and Undescribable Hideousness? What difference is there between Face of Terror and Megaugliness x? What level of Megaugliness is required before the effects would equal a free 3rd level aberration? What advantage, if any, would there be for a Megaugly nova to use F. of T.?

Just some thoughts to suck some spare time out of your lives.. (the phoenix giveth and the phoenix taketh away ::wink )

Here's something I'd like you Megaugliness folks to consider.  How does it relate to Face of Terror, and Undescribable Hideousness? What difference is there between Face of Terror and Megaugliness x? What level of Megaugliness is required before the effects would equal a free 3rd level aberration? What advantage, if any, would there be for a Megaugly nova to use F. of T.?

Just some thoughts to suck some spare time out of your lives.. (the phoenix giveth and the phoenix taketh away ::wink )

Face of T gives you 3 auto succ for Intimidation (ave 3.0).

One level of Mega-Ugly gives you one extra die (ave 0.4) and one more Mega Die (ave 0.9), for a total of 1.3.

Thus Three levels of Mega-Ugly is roughly equal to Face of T. And if you have both 3 levels and Face of T, then you get something like 8.9 succ on your intimidation roll, assuming you have an Appearence of 5.

the Forceful Personalities Forum is now locked. ::devilangel

To those that received invitations please note that the password is ALL Lower case. (contrary to the first message that has two uppercase letters) I tried to PM everyone, but some folks have full mail boxes. I will (as will many others) continue to participate in this thread, and answer any questions concerning this change. I want to also note that there were a couple identities that I could not contact via the PM feature, so don't get irked that you were not added, just post here and either I, Sprocket, or Bahamut can set you up.

Thanks, and for those that lurked here, keep watching as we will continue to drop requests for ideas and other fun stuff.

Later,

Gideon

Now that Gideon and Alex have sounded the notice about the lockup on the "Forceful Personalities" forum, I'd like to give you this list of the new enhancements (and their authors) that'll be used in our Mega-Social book.

>Mega-Appearance

Divine Visage (Sprocket), Eidolon (Sprocket), Fade (Alex Green), Halo Effect (Sprocket), Incognito (Alex Green), Kawaii (Sprocket), Two-Faced (Alex Green), Yin-Yang (Glitch), Enhancement (Author), Enhancement (Author).

Only 2 more Mega-Appearance enhancements are needed.

[NOTE: T-dev is attempting to find the author of the "Picture Perfect" enhancement from the NovaNet site and get his permission to use it in EON's Mega-Social book. If anyone knows the guy who wrote that little gem, your help in contacting him would be greatly appreciated!]

>Mega-Ugliness

Anathema (Sprocket), Bête Noire (Sprocket), Disquieting (Sprocket), Gruesome (Sprocket), Mind-Shattering Horror (Sprocket), Minotaur Syndrome (Sprocket), Revolting (Alex Green), Terrorize (Phoenix), Trauma (Reignhell), Enhancement (Author).

Only 1 more Mega-Ugliness enhancement is needed.

>Mega-Manipulation

Bad Influence (Reignhell), Confessor (Sprocket), Evasive (Sprocket), Inquisition (Alex Green), Lure (Sprocket), Mediator (Sprocket), Self-Fulfilling Prophecy (Alex Green), Subtle (T-dev), Symphony of Touch (Glitch), Tactful (T-dev).

No more Mega-Manipulation enhancements are needed.

>Mega-Charisma

Autonomy (Sprocket), Bestial Rapport (Sprocket), Disconcerting (Sprocket), Look of Love (Sprocket), Pavlov's Bell (Glitch), Pedagogue (Sprocket), Persona (Sprocket), Politesse (Sprocket), Rancor (Sprocket), Rile (Alex Green).

No more Mega-Charisma enhancements are needed.

Don't fret if you've still got ideas for the Mega-Social book- Chapter Four might be close to being finished, but there are still three other whole chapters that we could use a little help with! ::halo

Re: the NovaNet site-

All right, folks. The word from T-dev is that the NovaNet site is deader than month-old roadkill. So don't worry about helping T-dev find whoever ran it; for all we know, he could be dead. ::rolleyes

Re: New enhancements-

As of this posting, two new enhancements for Mega-Appearance have been posted for peer review. We also still have an empty slot for one more Mega-Ugliness enhancement. ::smile

Re: the proper place to send suggested Mega-Social enhancements-

Hey there, folks. As of this posting, I have received two personal e-mails from the EON poster named "Psilord". Just so everyone (including you, Psilord) knows, Psilord's suggested Mega-Social enhancements will not be used in the EON Mega-Social book- unless Psilord posts those enhancements to this topic right here. ::devil

Sorry, Psilord, but sending your stuff to my personal e-mail address isn't going to provide you with an "inside track" into getting your enhancements into EON's Mega-Social book. ::cool If you want to see your creations used by the Development Team, then post them HERE, where everyone can see them and offer their opinions on them. We've gotten into the habit of subjecting everything that's offered for use in the Mega-Social book to "peer review" by the Development & Contribution Teams, no matter WHO submits it. There's no reason why you and your submissions should be treated any differently. ::wink

isn't going to provide you with an "inside track"
should be treated any differently

Sprocket,

I never asked for any form of special treatment at any time, please don't make such assumptions.

Continuing; while I've read many posts on these boards (and enjoyed doing so) I rarely post myself and have never sought to interject myself into the ongoing projects. It isn't my wont to post frequently, usually posting only in response to messages directed at me or to something I find partiqularly interesting. Understand that I don't get here very often and so am not intimately familiar with all of this group's procedures and habits, especially concerning special projects. I read a post by you asking for some ideas, so I sent a couple. Futhermore, when attempting to find more information on this project I found such discussion to be in a closed folder; this led me to believe that the ongoing discussions were being handled seperately from the general discussions of this board. This belief only enhanced by some posts in the general area concerning the desires of those writing the project for it to be moved into a locked forum.

As I stated in those two emails I was just tossing out a couple ideas to try and be helpful, NOT assuming myself to be a special "WHO" or to get some form of recognition from an "inside track". What possible inside track could I be going for here? To my knowledge we don't know each other and no favors are owed between us. I asked for no recognition concerning either idea, in point of fact I stated that they were just ideas and to feel free to use, alter or trash them as was your inclination.

Perhaps something like this has happened with others, but I think a simple response of, "Please post your ideas on the message boards for general review" would be a first assumption, instead of spurious comments.

Thankyou for your time,

Psilord

Re: Mea Culpa-

Explanation accepted, Psilord. Apologies if I came off as being strident; over the last several months my e-mail inbox has been deluged with proposed Mega-Social enhancements from non-EON posters. Furthermore, all of those proposed enhancements have either been:

1- stuff so twisted and revolting that White Wolf wouldn't touch it, even in a Black Dog Game Factory product, or

2- pointless and downright lame.

As to posting on this topic... Psilord, now that EON's Mega-Social book project has been given it's own forum in "Current Projects", this is exactly where you're supposed to post your suggestions for new Mega-Social enhancements. I'll let you in on a little secret: Out of all the suggested enhancement ideas we either receive or come up with ourselves, we only end up using between 45 to 33% of them in the Mega-Social documents.

Re: posting other people's suggested enhancements/ideas/etc.-

I'm afraid that you'll have to do your own posting, Psilord. I'm barely able to scrape up enough spare time to take care of my own workload on this project as it is! ::wink

Re: Update on EON's Mega-Social book: new enhancements-

As of this posting, the Development Team for EON's Mega-Social book is no longer accepting new enhancements for Mega-Appearance, Mega-Manipulation, and Mega-Charisma.

We also have 1 new Mega-Ugliness enhancement. If it makes it past peer review, then we will not be accepting new enhancements for Mega-Ugliness as well.

Re: Enhancements needed for "Social Combat" rules-

As of this posting, Gideon is currently developing new rules for Social Combat, and will be including new Mega-Social enhancements specifically for use with those rules. If you have any ideas for such enhancements, then please post them here (or send them to Gideon if you're feeling shy) so he can take a look at them. He's the one in charge of that chapter, so don't send them to me! ::wink

Re: Where to post your other ideas for new enhancements-

As of this posting, the "New Powers" topic in the Aberrant forum is still going strong. ::smile

Re: No more enhancements needed for Chapter Four! ::devilangel -

Here's the final update on what we have as far as the new enhancements we'll be using in Chapter Four of EON's Mega-Social e-book.

>Mega-Appearance

Divine Visage (Sprocket), Eidolon (Sprocket), Fade (Alex Green), Halo Effect (Sprocket), Immaculate (Sprocket), Incognito (Alex Green), Kawaii (Sprocket), Two-Faced (Alex Green), Unattainable (Sprocket), Yin-Yang (Glitch).

No more Mega-Appearance enhancements are needed.

>Mega-Ugliness

Anathema (Sprocket), Bête Noire (Sprocket), Disquieting (Sprocket), Gruesome (Sprocket), Mind-Shattering Horror (Sprocket), Minotaur Syndrome (Sprocket), Nightmarish (Alex Green), Revolting (Alex Green), Terrorize (Phoenix), Trauma (Reignhell).

No more Mega-Ugliness enhancements are needed.

>Mega-Manipulation

Bad Influence (Reignhell), Confessor (Sprocket), Evasive (Sprocket), Inquisition (Alex Green), Lure (Sprocket), Mediator (Sprocket), Self-Fulfilling Prophecy (Alex Green), Subtle (T-dev), Symphony of Touch (Glitch), Tactful (T-dev).

No more Mega-Manipulation enhancements are needed.

>Mega-Charisma

Autonomy (Sprocket), Bestial Rapport (Sprocket), Disconcerting (Sprocket), Look of Love (Sprocket), Pavlov's Bell (Glitch), Pedagogue (Sprocket), Persona (Sprocket), Politesse (Sprocket), Rancor (Sprocket), Rile (Alex Green).

No more Mega-Charisma enhancements are needed.

Much thanks to everyone who contributed and helped critique the submissions. ::biggrin

Re: Gideon needs Mega-Social enhancements for Social Combat!-

Chapter Four might be getting close to completion, but Gideon's still in the early stages of drawing up the expanded Social Combat rules. I'm sure that he could use any applicable Mega-Social enhancements that you folks can come up with. ::halo

Thanks again for your submissions, folks. As for me, I'm outta here! ::teleport

• 1 month later...

Hey there, folks. As EON now has it's fan-produced version of the Mega-Social e-book for Aberrant in the works, I've been wondering if a similar fan e-book focused on the Physical Mega-Attributes might be a worthwhile project in the future. (Translation: Most of my work on the Mega-Social book has been finished, and I'm looking for more ideas to keep my creative faculties in good shape. ::rolleyes )

Now I know that a lot of people out there had written that idea off as uninteresting, but I remain unconvinced. There simply has to be some deliciously subtle perks & problems associated with having the Physical Mega-Attributes, otherwise White Wolf wouldn't've even considered putting out Aberrant: Brute Force. ::wink

I've also figured out what additional material Brute Force would've been padded out with: the biotechnology of the 21st Century. It's not anything like the Psi-based biotech of Trinity, either. I'm talking about things such as clones, uplifted animals, transgenics, biological androids, biomod implants- all the wonderful concepts that give folks like Jeremy Rifkin nightmares. ::devilangel And that's only the tip of the biotech iceberg... ::cool

Thoughts on any of this, folks? ::unsure

Hmmm... Guess I've got both some good news and bad news for you, Nullifier. ::wink

First, the good news: I do indeed have some plans for introducing cybernetics & bionics into the "tech section" of the hypothetical Mega-Physical e-book. After all the neat stuff of that nature that was put out in Aberrant: Underworld, there's really no way that it could be left out! ::laugh

Second, the bad news: This Mega-Physical e-book I'm talking about is still pretty much hypothetical as of this posting. ::tongue I know that Gideon's got some rough notes written up (and mine are even less polished!), but we have yet to reach the drawing-board stage on it. Not to mention the fact that we're still in the middle of putting out the Mega-Social e-book... ::devilangel (My chapter's pretty much finished, save for editing, but some of the other chapters are still quite skeletal... ::rolleyes )

Don't worry about it too much, friend. If we ever get around to writing a Mega-Physical e-book for EON, you'll be one of the first ones to hear about it. ::cool

• 3 months later...

I have one very, very minor formatting request regarding this e-book: if at all possible, please use the Tema CantanteSans Regular font for the body text (the same font that is used in the published Aberrant books). It's just a nice point of consistency. I do realize that this isn't a free font; if necessary, I would be glad to purchase said font for whomever will be doing the final layout/editing work.

Re: Forceful Personalities progress report-

During my rare moments of free time, I've noticed some new interest in this project on White Wolf's Trinity universe forum. So in the interest of keeping the eager fans up-to-date, here's the latest progress report.

The Introduction chapter is about 95% finished. Only the final editing remains.

Chapter 1 (new organizations, nova cults, etc.) still needs a lot of work. It's estimated to be about 15% finished.

Chapter 2 (Mega-Social combat, etc.) is about 70-80% finished.

Chapter 3 (Storytelling) also needs work- it's about 30%(?) finished.

Chapter 4 (Social Mega-Attributes) is 95% finished. Only the final editing remains.

To the fans- please remember that we're attempting to get this thing done in our spare time. Pleae be patient, okay? ::wink

Re: font request-

It's jumping the gun a bit, but I'll ask around. ::cool

That's quite all right- we've had our dry spells, so you didn't miss all that much. If you haven't been added to the Authorization list for the "Forceful Personalities" forum, just contact Gideon- he'll see about getting you on the list, if he isn't too busy with something else. ::cool

• 4 weeks later...

So...how are things coming along, and is there anything I can do to help (other than such obvious answers as, "yeah, shut up and let us concentrate")? Whilst not the finest creative writer in the world, I am fairly capable with editing (I'm an assistant editor for an academic journal, and am also a proof-reader and playtester for a handful of RPG and wargame design teams). In addition, I do rather well with layout and formatting.

Re: Status of the project-

Things haven't changed all that much from the last progress report. Alex Green has taken over the "Groups & Organizations" chapter from Bahamut, and Gideon's hard at work on his various parts of the book. Things may seem to be moving slowly, but we are doing this in our (sometimes nearly nonexistent) free time. The guys responsible for India Underground had about the same pace of production, if I remember correctly.

Re: What you can do to help out-

Hmm. Last I heard, we had plenty of willing editors and/or proofreaders to go over our material. But with the very slow pace of material production, the major editing jobs will be when we're trying to get this mess straightened out into its final format. You might PM Gideon about your offer- we don't have an actual leader as such, but he's the one who oversaw the authorization lists for the "Forceful Personalities" forum when it went up last January. ::wink

• 1 month later...

Re: progress report-

As of this posting Chapters Two, Three, and Four are pretty much finished, barring the correction of any problems that may crop up in the final round of proofreading & editing. That only leaves the Introduction (maybe) and Chapter 1 (definitely) as still being under construction at this time. ::smile

• 2 weeks later...

Just so you folks know, we're going to be releasing Aberrant: Forceful Personailites in .PDF format. We're not going to be including any artwork in the e-book, but those of you with the right Adobe Acrobat software will likely be able to add your own if you want.

As of this posting, the Introduction and Chapters 2, 3, & 4 have been formatted into PDF files and are undergoing final editing/proofreading. Chapter 1 is still a work in progress.

After a trying day dealing with many,many,many,annoying people, it occurs to me that just as Mega-Appearance's "Face of Terror" comes in handy, what about this idea?:

Mega-Charisma Enhancement: Aura of Anger;

Description:"Ever want to see someone, but when you got there it was obvious that the person was in no mood to spend time with anyone?And even the dimmest person quickly desides to leave?" ::angry ::mad ::getsome

This Enhancement is ment to take this feeling and Enhance it with Quantum!

System:Spend 1 Quantum Point and Roll Mega-Charisma and Command.

Each person within (Quantum X 5) meters must roll either Willpower or (Mega)Manipulation; Those with less successes than the Aura producing Nova must leave as quietly as possible.This Enhancement cannot be used well once combat has started(-1/2 successes) due to the "JUST LEAVE ME ALONE" feelings not really being well recieved by people already in a fight.

Thanks,

PowerStar

Re: "Aura of Anger"-

You really should've posted this on the "New Powers" thread, which is pinned right next to this one on the Aberrant General Discussion forum. We stopped accepting enhancement ideas for EON's Mega-Social e-book several months ago.

The simple answer is, "at the end of your pen." Brute Force never came to fruition, so unless you feel like writing your own Mega-Physical supplement, you'll have to do without (at least for now; what happens after Forceful Personalities is completed is anybody's guess).

That said, there is a good reason that the Mega-Physical book has gone nowhere whilst the Mega-Mental and Mega-Social books have seen development: the Mega-Physical attributes require precious little in the way of exposition. People understand very well what is possible for someone who can lift a tank, or dodge a bullet, or survive in hard vacuum. It isn't as simple a matter to comprehend the thoughts of a 400 I.Q. Sphinx who makes Einstein look like Rainman, or to grok the maneuverings of a Mega-Manipulative Grifter who can put Machiavelli to shame. Necessity being the mother of invention (or so goes the old saw), the need to get some sort of a handle on the "non-physically gifted" Novas drove the development process that resulted in Brainwaves and Forceful Personalities; a similar need for Brute Force is largely absent.

Thanks. I can hardly wait to see Forceful Personalities. It will be(give the talents here) a truely extraordinary work. I have just seen Brainwaves, and I am impressed with the care and forethought that obviously went into the E-Book. If the Forceful Personalities E-Book is even half as well made, it will be one of the most excellent E-Books (in any Game System) ever!

Thanks,

PowerStar

Re: Brute Force-

Gideon and I had discussed the possibility of developing a Physical Mega-Attribute e-book here at EON, after Forceful Personalities was finished. Unfortunately, I'd have to agree with JessiLaurn that there wouldn't be quite as much call for the Mega-Physical book as for the Mega-Social and Mega-Mental books.

That said, it would just leave the field open for another Aberrant fanbook to cover the ideas/enhancements/etc. that we'd thought up for the hypothetical EON Mega-Physical book. Hmmm... Maybe an Aberrant Compendium II? ::devilangel

• 1 month later...

Re: Credits for EON's Mega-Social e-book-

Attention, please! If you've contributed to the Mega-Social e-book project, it's time for you to stand up and be counted. ::cool

Following the format established in Trinity: India Underground, the credits for Aberrant: Forceful Personalities will be presented as such:

First name/"EON Handle"/Last Name

Problem is, we only know most of you who've contributed new enhancements and aberrations, and provided constructive criticism by your EON handles. So please, either post to this topic or e-mail me so that all of you can be given your due on the credits page!

Of course, some of the folks listed here might not want to be included in the credits listing. That's fine with us, but please get word to us if you want to be left off of the credits page, okay?

Here's who we're currently looking for:

Phoenix

ProfPotts

Glitch

Reignhell

T-dev

Knave

Ayre el KaBeer

Finbar

Nullifier

Apologies if I've forgotten anyone- just get in touch with me and let me know where and when you made your contribution. I'll see that all legitimate claimants are listed on (or deleted from, if that's what they want) the credits page. ::wink

• 1 month later...

Re: Forceful Personalities progress report-

Well, it looks like we won't be able to release the e-book by the end of November as some of us had hoped. That said, work on the unfinished portion of the e-book is progressing, albeit slowly. Please be patient, all right? Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Archived