Why EON is Special to me

T-dev

Seriously because discussions are keep civil. I am so iskc & tired of name calling on other forums because I don't agree with some fanboy.

On another forum, people were foaming at the mouth because I said George Martin was not as good of a writer as the greats of literature & that his novels were not realistic. They are FANTASY, they are not meant to be realistic. I even said I liked his work.

On yet another forum, I am being called an idiot because again I disagreed with the local debate champion.

PLEASE EON don't change I am begging you ::tongue .

:End of Rant:

::blush ::blush ....heh.. what do you say to that huh?

...other than, thanks!

This place is the way it is due to the you guys and the atmosphere you give it as a result. ::smile

i dont think we're gonna change anytime soon ::biggrin

i don't know what has kept eon from going the way of other boards, but trust, we don't want to change it either... ::biggrin ::biggrin ::biggrin

i do know everyone on this board helps keep it that way though and i thank you all for your efforts as well!!!

::thumbsup ::thumbsup ::thumbsup

I just wannt to say thank you to everyone.

A couple of months back I was in the Vampire forum and while there I was flamed five times. I stoped going there after about two weeks.

I have been on this forum for about 4 to 6 months, and it havent happend to me yet. I have been on the trinity forum on the white wolf home page and I havent been flamed eather.

I think it is something about Trinity that does this, but I dont know what. Perhaps we could end all the wars in the world if we found out... I dont know.

Or perhaps its becouse of the rocket-pants in Adventure ::biggrin

I think I know what it is - most of the people here are in regular contact with each other, like the Sacramento group and Chill's group of gamers. They're as civil to each other online as they would be in real life, and the others follow their example.

This is a great place. Keep up the great work!

I was ranting a bit to be honest.

I post on several rpg boards & honestly the Continium fans seem to be the most civil.

Also I noticed EON is the only site putting stuff out (ie ebooks). Most sites would die if the line was cancelled.

I think it may have something to with the games themselves. All the continium fans I know in real world land tend to be brighter then even the average gamer & not apt to just hope on a bandwagon just because it is trendy or the book is pretty.

BTW if this sounds like a lot of butt smoochies then ::wacko ::laugh .

Seriously I appreciate you guys & the site. I know a lot of folks here feel the way I do.

This is definitely one of the better RPG forums. My own thoughts are that because the AEON games have a certain depth and quality, they then attract players with similar qualities (BTW I'm not sure if this is true of me!). I have found the posters on this board to be very mature and decent individuals. Give yourselves a pat on the back ladies and gentlemen - you deserve it!

Regards

Kanseg

::thumbsup ::thumbsup ::thumbsup

I have been on this forum for about 4 to 6 months, and it havent happend to me yet. I

we've actually only had three problem posters in the entire time the message boards have been running (read: about 1.5 - 2 yearsish) and only one couldn't be convinced to behave himself...

everyone on the boards, staff included do try really hard to welcome everyone personally, give everyone feedback on ideas or questions, and we try to make sure no one ever feels left out, or insulted if we can help it. i think that's what kept the boards so flame free. everyone can have a say and not worry about being shot down or ignored. ::biggrin

Careful you fool. If the Mushometer goes off the scale we'll get all. . .sincere. . .and. . .*gasp* have genuine warmth towards each other! We can't do that! We're RPG forumites! We're supposed to be all L33t and kewl and stuff!

::rolleyes ::tongue ::sly

-Def.

Careful you fool. If the Mushometer goes off the scale we'll get all. . .sincere. . .and. . .*gasp* have genuine warmth towards each other! We can't do that! We're RPG forumites! We're supposed to be all L33t and kewl and stuff!

Well, yes, but you also have to consider - wait.. *gasps*

CHEESE! *leaps on wheel of cheese and drags it off to lair*

l33t is a catchphrase originating from the net (read computer programer) jargon titled leet haxors (l33t h4x0rz) wherin you mix shorthand slang with numeric spelling to make new and more interesting verbage. for example, the lord's prayer in l33t:

0wr F4th3R, wh0 0wnz h34\/3n, j00 r0x0rs!

M4y 4|| 0wr b4s3 s0m3d4y Bl0ng t0 j00!

M4y j00 0wn 34rth juss |1|3 j00 0wn h34\/3n.

G1v3 us th1s d4y 0wr w4r3z, mp3z, 'n pr0n thru a ph4t |.....

F0r j00 0wn 4ll 0wr b0x3n 43v3r 4n 3v3r^#*

4's = a 3=e etc etc,

jake

::laugh

I love it!

But at the end, instead of the normal "amen" there should be a "w00t".

I knew guys that talked (yes, verbally) like that sometimes when I was doing helpdesk for a local cable ISP. But hey, I like creative language use, so it was fun. Otherwise I wouldn't be such a fan of the movie "Pootie Tang", which I just picked up on Monday. "We never understood what Pootie was sayin', but we always knew what he meant."

"Sada tay!" ::smokin

I think I've figured out why things rarley get inflamatory around here: we can't avoid being silly long enough to stay on topic enough to flame someone else. ::tongue

It takes a conversation about the practical disposal of a black hole (never thought I'd be saying that ::blink ) rapidly turning into a discussion about using the singularity's bleed-off energy to cook pasta. ::wacko

Where's the site staff to monitor that kind of topic drift, anyway? ::rolleyes

-Joseph

Archived