A adventure thrugh the whole Aeon Continum

madcat82

Hello everyone, and Welcome.

I thought that I would do an adventure series starting in Adventure and ending in Trinity. The story is as follows: In the 1920:s a brittish (mad) scientist builds a warp gate in what he calls a telluric focus point. This gate leads to another planet. An expedition goes thrugh, but mysteriously vanishes (the player comes back and tells everyone what happened :) and the whole project is put on ice.

In 2010 (or about there anyway) mysterious creatures shows up around the site of the warp gate. Ulltech, a major nova controlled corporation sends employees (the players) to investigate. They enter the gate and finds the remains of the old expedition. Then we are on to some plottwists before they return.

In 2119 (or about there anyway, yes I know, sorry for the repetition) the warpgate is found by the Trinity, and the players is sent on an observation mission.

Well, to tell everyone the truth, I need help with this. I would appreciate a few fellow writers, as well as people giving idees for storys. Im not satisfied by the reasons to people jumping thrugh, I think that they are to linear, so that will need some serious thought. I consider having about two to three stories for every game, so we/I will end up with about six to nine stories. Well, thats It. Pleas feel free to post your thoughts and contact my email if you wannt to be a part of this.

madcat82@sverige.nu

contact my email if you wannt to be a part of this

...Yeah...but the forum's easier!

Anyway, your reasons are acceptable for using the gate thingy. I mean, you find a door, you don't know where it leads, you step through. I think what you really need are interesting approaches to the discovery/rediscovery of your gate and maybe a little 'real world' fun around that.

So, just off the top of my little head...

1) Don't really need one here. But maybe you could include a trouble making rival prof. or perhaps even have the prof's university (that funded the project thinking it was something else?) try to shut him down/steal the gate.

2) This part has loads of potential! Maybe one of the old expedition has set him/her self up as a 'god' of some backward tribe - how would they react to new 'gods' with superior 'magics'? Maybe the old party have only just arrived themselves (As have your players from Trinity, but they don't know it's them yet!?! "I gotta remember to be more considerate when I become me." - Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey" Maybe the gate's only one way or there's another suitable complication. Outside you can have alsorts of fun with rival corporations/factions all wanting the gate. Maybe the gate is fought over and get's destroyed, only coming back into existence when the 'Abberants' return in...

3) Since this is your finale it needs to be BIG. If your Novas from 2 return through, reopening it at this point in history (or maybe at all three and the PC's have to sort out the mess they have caused!) Aeon and the Orders will want to get involved. Maybe the planet has moved on like the humans too. This would work well to suprise your players - imagine their faces when, expecting spear and rocks, they arrive (return) the foe is packing more heat than they are! I think you should blow up the planet in the finale. Maybe over mining or war? That then leaves you with a gate that leads to an 'asteroid field' of sorts, deep in unexplored space. Once the PC's have expanded the gate to be able to get a ship through, all sorts of fun is waiting. What about a really p*ssed off 'guiding' alien race (like the Doynen) who decide that the destruction of their project is all humanitiy's (PC's?) fault?

Great idea you have! I'd like to know where you go with it! And sorry for any typo's.

::biggrin

Chloe

Actualy I thought that I would make the gate underwater for the first part... Ïn order to get through the players need to fill the lower levels of the profs lab with water and then go thrugh with a submarine.

The thing is that on the other side there is an alien race who have the ability to teleport (about 100 m, they need line of sight, they do it psionicly, not through quantum BTW). They are the ones who destroyes the first expedition (the Players expedition). The ide about a rival is a good one Chloe, thanks BTW.

I was thinking something along the lines that these aliens started to reapear from the gate to earth in 2010... or something sutibly strange and wierd.... Dont know how though...

I had started a game that was intended to carry through the entire time line, but the story fell flat when we had to take a pretty long hiatus. I'm still planning on trying to bring some of what I planted here and there up in later games, but who knows.

Anyway, I love the idea of a game spanning the whole timeline, because I love actually using all three as the one great game they are. You'll have to let us know how it turns out.

-Slag

• 3 months later...

Here is some starting stuff for adventure. Its a letter to get the players Involved.

Im thinking of having three different viewpoints for the stories (one for high-ranking characters, one for combatants and one for intelectuals(scientists, engineers, that kind of people)). Opinions pleas...

Im also thinking of making it possible to play the stories parallel to each other.... again, opinions pleas...

Anyhow, Here follows the letter:

Dear x,

I hope that this letter is

appropriate. A mutual associate

informed me that you and your fellows

are intrepid and skilled at solving

various problems and resolving difficult

issues. Because of my physical condition

I am unable to travel and I wish to

employ you in a noble endeavor.

My current reasearch focuses on a

government project called "Apollo". I am

not at liberty to talk to openly about this

project, but I belive that I can entrust

you with the knowledge that both Great

Britain and Germany, as well as the United

States and France, is involved in this and

that it may very well change the course of

history.

Because of your experience in... different

situations... I would like to request your and

your friends aid in this operation. I am

hoping that this will turn out as well as I think

it will. With any sort of luck this will put an

end to all the wars on this planet. Can You imagine

that. Alas, I have said too much. Pleas, come join

me, us, in this historical journey.

P.S.

I have taken the liberty to include means of passage

for you and your fellows in this letter. Good Speed.

Sincerely,

Dr. K. Phileus

Harvard University

Archived