ProfPotts

MAXWELL'S WORK = KEY TO EMMA / NEFERTITI'S CONDITION

KIDNAPPERS = TERAGEN

THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES.

WE CAN NOT AFFORD TO LOSE THAT BOOK

GET E.s OPINION??

Terry looks at Nate's note and writes

"Are you going to the Harvesters meeting?"

As the conversation is about to break up, Nate leans forward and writes something on the notepad before he too looks expectantly at Terry and the Stranger. "I don't think you'll need me. Do you?"
Derek turns to the group (primarily Terry).

"Right so, ready when you are" 

Terry's voice rumbles off the walls

"Right, so this is it. Will, you may consider going. You've had premonitions in the past and your exposure to the crime scene might awaken new, and helpful, visions. Nate, if you're not going to the Harvesters' meeting perhaps you could come with Derek and I and then meet up with Emma...I don't like her being alone, no offense Kane..."

When the Stranger checks that everything he needs is there

"So everything's ready? Stand together guys..."

A portal opens and those that go find themselves at the airport again...

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those looking at the pad can see the last scribbled words at the bottom of the page:

BTW: THERE ARE CAMERAS HERE, U KNOW...

The Stranger, upon seeing Nate's entry, only smiles knowingly. Watching with interest as Derek does his disappearing notepad trick, he waits for Terry to finish his speech. "Good idea. Unless you have an objection, Will, I also think you should come back to Ibiza."

Once the portal is open, The Stranger wastes no time stepping through, not bothering to see if the others follow. As soon as his foot hits the tarmac, he walks towards where he left the motorcycle earlier. (If it's still there) At the bike, he straps the extra equipment to the rear seat, then waits for John and Will.

"... I don't like her being alone, no offense Kane..."

"I can assure you she's not alone."

"Blaze - if you wish to rejoin Miss Nazir - please follow the security guards just outside the door to a location where we can talk privately."

A portal opens and those that go find themselves at the airport again...

The Warp opens near the terminal building - there's still plenty of emergency workers in the area, as would be expected. Several police rush over, hands on guns, to see (from an safe distance...) who or what will emerge...

The Stranger wastes no time stepping through, not bothering to see if the others follow. As soon as his foot hits the tarmac, he walks towards where he left the motorcycle earlier. (If it's still there) At the bike, he straps the extra equipment to the rear seat, then waits for John and Will.

A couple of the local Spanish policemen intercept The Stranger on his way to his bike - they ask who he is, & what his business in Ibiza is (first in Spanish, then - if needed - in English). He doesn't recognise the two as being amongst those who witnessed the fight earlier on.

Nullifier's Place:

"You keep offering for me to join you. Tell me why. What is it you think you have that I want badly enough to join you?"

Beltaine grins,

"The ability to relax & have fun? ::tongue You seem very interested in our group - so I suggested you may like to join us, it's a simple as that."

A couple of the local Spanish policemen intercept The Stranger on his way to his bike - they ask who he is, & what his business in Ibiza is (first in Spanish, then - if needed - in English). He doesn't recognise the two as being amongst those who witnessed the fight earlier on.

Not too concerned, but still wary, The Stranger politely answers their questions in English. Explaining that he was sent by Masters International on private business, he apologizes for his hurry, but he's a bit short on time. If they are concerned, they are welcome to contact MI and ask for Kane. If there are no further questions, he'll continue on his way.

As he talks, The Stranger looks carefully at the other officers on the scene, comparing their uniforms and insignia to the two he's speaking to.

"I can assure you she's not alone."

"Blaze - if you wish to rejoin Miss Nazir - please follow the security guards just outside the door to a location where we can talk privately."

"I won't be going to meet the Harvesters either so I may want to tag along...or at least see her later on. Besides, - Terry looks at Derek - you guys need some backup. If the **** hits the fan it'll be your job to contact me and hopefully tell me where you are."

Terry gives his phone number to Nate and leaves with Derek

John trots through the warp. When he sees the policemen, he assumes that he'll be here a while and just lies down on the tarmac.

"Right, so this is it. Will, you may consider going. You've had premonitions in the past and your exposure to the crime scene might awaken new, and helpful, visions.

Will nods "You're right, but with Pathfinder around they're gonna know everything we know... *She won't care. The way things are looking they'll have the genuine book in the end and Masters will have the fake, damn this stinks!* ... still, seeing as I'll be thinking of wringing her and the Harvesters colective necks she might not be too happy with bringing me along to meet her pals. I wonder if it'll stop her from seeing what else is in here, though?" he says tapping his head "Anyone know anything about mindreading?".

"Kane can you send some kind of GPS tags or something similar, preferably something concealable?" looking to the others "Incase Pathfinder takes us somewhere we can't get out of ourselves".

"Good idea. Unless you have an objection, Will, I also think you should come back to Ibiza."

Will straightens up looking more certain *Think before you act! Use their strengths against them! Respect their ability, but never be intimidated by it! Had your nose broken for that lesson, make it count* "Ill keep it in check for Nat's sake."

When they appear at the airport, Will turns to Terry "Pitty I can't just show you where Natalia is being held, we could just go there and get her".

(OOC: photo description when it arives please ::blush. Btw. sorry for the cruddy post it's all I could remember when I lost the original post I was putting up, when I accidentally hit the "back" button)

"I won't be going to meet the Harvesters either so I may want to tag along...or at least see her later on. Besides, - Terry looks at Derek - you guys need some backup. If the **** hits the fan it'll be your job to contact me and hopefully tell me where you are."

In the seconds before Terry leaves, Nate gives him a serious look. "I think you should go to meet with Pathfinder.", he says. "You're good at talking to people, maybe she'll listen to you. She sure as hell won't listen to me, anyway. I think I pissed her off almost as much as she got on my nerves..." ::angry

"Don't worry about Emma. I'll check on her, and we'll stay in touch."

That said, he walks outside and goes with the security guards to talk to Kane. Whether that's in person or on a secure line, Nate starts the conversation with "Look, Kane. I'm sorry about this mess. We should have gotten back to you and Irons sooner, but there was this issue we had to sort out. That I allowed the others to waste precious time at the hotel last night was very unprofessional, and I just want to assure you that it won't happen again. I'm sorry."

"So... How's Emma doing? Is she anywhere near here? Or would you rather move her to a location I know about so you can use the same secure place again?"

The Airport:

[The police look legit' to The Stranger]

After a quick radio converstaion in Spanish, the officers allow The Stranger on his way. Another officer approaches the prone John & (quite reasonably) requests that he move along - no sleeping on the runways!

... OOC: photo description when it arives please...

[i'll work on it ::wink ]

[The Stranger, John & Will are at the airport in Ibiza, Nate is somewhere talking to Kane, where are Derek & Terry? ::confused ]

After a quick radio converstaion in Spanish, the officers allow The Stranger on his way.

Thanking the officers, he turns and calls to John and Will. "Will, carry John again, and follow me." Walking to the bike, he hops on, and starts the engine. Checking to make sure they're following, he slowly pulls away from the airport, then heads to the crime scene...this time, he obeys the traffic laws. ::halo

Once at the scene, he immediately gets to work examining the scene. Starting with a visual survey, he then takes a camera from the equipment Kane supplied and starts snapping photos. The Stranger's actions are smooth and professional, seemingly as if he's done this many times before. Once he's satisfied with the pictures taken, he moves on to collecting physical evidence; pulling on a pair of latex gloves before touching anything.

Turning his head to look at John and Will, he says, "This may take awhile. Feel free to rest for now, but stay close by."

About 45 minutes later, The Stranger is done. Standing up, he walks over to the pair of Novas waiting. Moving close, and keeping his voice low, he says, "John. I've noticed that Glacier has a tendency to use his sense of smell. How good is it? Good enough to possibly track or identify someone by scent?"

In the seconds before Terry leaves, Nate gives him a serious look. "I think you should go to meet with Pathfinder.", he says. "You're good at talking to people, maybe she'll listen to you. She sure as hell won't listen to me, anyway. I think I pissed her off almost as much as she got on my nerves..." 

Terry eyes the ground darkly as the seconds pass...

"...Fine. I'll give the Amp Room a visit tomorrow. It'll allow me to pick up the others as well if need be. If you guys have a number or something to arrange a meeting with her then do it. - Terry looks up at Derek and Nate - I don't like my thoughts being invaded but maybe...maybe...I can convince her to help us. Oh and Nate...

"Don't worry about Emma. I'll check on her, and we'll stay in touch."
Tell her I'm back."

Terry turns and takes a taxi with Derek to a seedy bar downtown

"Back in the day this is where us cops used to come to have private conversations...I doubt that Masters, or anyone for that matter, will have this place tapped. I don't want to be paranoid but I'm not so sure about my apartment. I haven't been there in quite a while."

Inside a dark pub greets the pair of novas. It being still early afternoon, the bar is almost empty. The barman looks back from the small tv and his eyes widen

"Well if it ain't good Ol' officer Nathanson! Thought you were too good for us now! You back wit' da boys then?"

Terry grins

"C'mon Mike, you know how it is...I'm not back, not officially anyway. Mind if we grab one of your booths out back? Oh, - Terry looks at Derek - we'll also have, uhh, six BLT's and two pitchers of the old house brew..."

Terry leads Derek down a short hallway and takes the 2nd door on the right which opens to a small booth around a table.

"Sorry, I'd forgotten that you must be hungry by now..."

When the food arrives, Terry starts talking business

"So, do you really think we can do this? During the party incident you probably had a look at their security, do you think there's anything we can't handle? Nate might be able to distract the guards in the security room considering he's more or less security himself... By the way, how long can your copy last? They'll be identical? I don't want them to know the book has been taken 'til we're sure we've got Natalia back. Especially since I'll be using their monitoring systems in the hopes that you'll call me...Would their be any way for you to create a gps out of thin air or something?"

"Sorry, I'd forgotten that you must be hungry by now..."

Derek grins. ::biggrin

"Cheers, I'm starving!"

"So, do you really think we can do this? During the party incident you probably had a look at their security, do you think there's anything we can't handle? Nate might be able to distract the guards in the security room considering he's more or less security himself... By the way, how long can your copy last? They'll be identical? I don't want them to know the book has been taken 'til we're sure we've got Natalia back. Especially since I'll be using their monitoring systems in the hopes that you'll call me...Would their be any way for you to create a gps out of thin air or something?"

Derek looks concerned.

"I have no wish to try to 'handle' security at all. From the sounds of it, Kane will act within the bounds of his employment. He will not assist us to take the book, and he will oppose any attempts to steal it, yet I feel he supports us in what we do. He will also report any action we take to Masters, once Masters is up to taking the news. I suspect that Kane is concerned that telling Masters ahead of time will be too much of a strain given Masters's condition. This is a point in our favour. 'Tis better to beg forgivness than ask permission' and so forth.

"My plan simply requires the two of us. We need to get to the vault. I will open the vault. Matter tends to do what I ask of it, if you recall the party. I will simply reshape the vault door so that it is no longer an obstacle. Should that fail, I shall destroy it. Neither is all that complicated, on the molecular level." ::wink

"Once that is achieved, we need to locate the book. I am planning to then convert the book into something else (a pen, a computer, anything I envision is possible) on the offchance we are stopped and searched. This is assuming they have no evidence on which to simply hold us anyway.

"Anything I create (or chage) will only hold it's form for an hour. I can make the item permanent, which is what I did with the beer, though it costs me quite a great deal. I could not 'photocopy' the book without examining it thoroughly ahead of time. I would need to be intimately familiar with the book, and all it's writings. Even then, it would still be a complicated process. A blank page is a sheet of identical atoms. Once you introduce writing, the process is complicated greatly.

"As for a GPS..... Heh..... Child's play." ::smokin

"My plan simply requires the two of us. We need to get to the vault. I will open the vault. Matter tends to do what I ask of it, if you recall the party. I will simply reshape the vault door so that it is no longer an obstacle. Should that fail, I shall destroy it. Neither is all that complicated, on the molecular level."

Terry smiles at this

"Oh, I didn't mean the vault...It'd be hard for me to forget where it was. We won't need to handle the door, nor even touch the floor. I'm more concerned of cameras and whatnot inside the vault."

"Once that is achieved, we need to locate the book. I am planning to then convert the book into something else (a pen, a computer, anything I envision is possible) on the offchance we are stopped and searched. This is assuming they have no evidence on which to simply hold us anyway.

Terry nods

"That's why I'd have hoped to leave a copy...seeing you make beer out of thin air I thought pretty much anything would be as easy. How long do you think it'd take you to read the book, presumably bible sized? At least then we'd know what it is we're giving. Speaking of which...If its at all possible to bring the book back with you from the harvesters meeting, it must be done. - Terry looks down at the table - Maybe I'm just being one-sided about all this...but I think its Emma they want."

"John. I've noticed that Glacier has a tendency to use his sense of smell. How good is it? Good enough to possibly track or identify someone by scent?"

John replies, "Yep. Definitely, unless they sprinkled ammonia or did something paranoid like that. I'm not quite sure what would block it; I haven't experimented with it that much yet."

John steps back from the Stranger and his face melts into that of Glacier. The air surrounding his body becomes ice cold, and then the anima bursts from his body. Glacier stands with his eyes closed in the alley, and the bear moves its head as though sniffing around, though there is no sound signifying air moving.

John replies, "Yep. Definitely, unless they sprinkled ammonia or did something paranoid like that. I'm not quite sure what would block it; I haven't experimented with it that much yet."

The Stranger nods. "Good. Now, we know that Andy Vance and Charlotte Holden were supposedly in this car when it exploded. I want you to see if you can determine either of their scents from within the vehicle. If you detect anything, see if you can track any movement of the scents away from the car."

I'm more concerned of cameras and whatnot inside the vault.

Derek looks apologetic

"There's aboslutely nothing I can do about cameras, I'm afraid. Well.... Bar unplugging them." ::biggrin

"I *could* leave a copy of the book, that is the external appearance of the journal. That way if we can find a way to bypass the cameras, then once we leave it'll all look as normal. Assuming we don't trip alarms, and they've left the book in view of a camera.

seeing you make beer out of thin air I thought pretty much anything would be as easy.

::biggrin

"Not quite. Things with a uniform description are easy. It's when you want specific molecules in specific places it gets complicated, like a book with writing, or (say) a cutting-edge electron-microscope." ::wink

How long do you think it'd take you to read the book, presumably bible sized?

"I dunno. Depends on what's in it. I'd quess maybe an hour. Possibly two. Much MUCH longer to get the level of familiarity needed to duplicate it in all detail."

If its at all possible to bring the book back with you from the harvesters meeting, it must be done.

"I agree. If they simply want the informtion, then they can have a scanned copy. I suggest we scan it the moment we get it, and put it in Chip form. I'd like to keep a copy for myself, to be honest, because it's gotta be an interesting read." ::halo

Maybe I'm just being one-sided about all this...but I think its Emma they want."

"I don't know, and I'm not prepared to speculate without further information."

"I agree. If they simply want the informtion, then they can have a scanned copy. I suggest we scan it the moment we get it, and put it in Chip form. I'd like to keep a copy for myself, to be honest, because it's gotta be an interesting read."

"You don't understand, we must keep this information from them! From what I've been told, this book concerns research done by Maxwell trying to stop Emma's transformations. If the Harvesters get this information, and from what I've heard this group wants to "bring out the nova" in all of us, then they'll probably use it to get Nefertiti out again. Do you understand the implications? Not just Emma gone... -Terry's voice fades into the shadows for a few seconds - But the pseudo-goddess back and with Teragen help this time..."

Terry looks straight into Dereks eyes

"Under NO circumstances are you to allow Pathfinder to take the book prior to seeing Natalia. Natalia is the only reason I'm even considering bringing them the book in the first place...but much more lives are at stake than only hers...remember Mal." ::smiley6 ::confused

From what I've been told, this book concerns research done by Maxwell trying to stop Emma's transformations.

Derek frowns.

"Well once we have the book, we can determine that with more certainty. Until that point you simply have speculation. Again, I doubt greatly the value of research done regarding a human brain prior to any of the mainstream equipment being available.

"However, should this book appear to contain such information (and I'm certain that it doesn't), then I can use it myself, as I am researching into creating equipment to keep a nova dormant, for extended periods of time."

but much more lives are at stake than only hers...remember Mal."

"I'm sorry, I fail to see the sigificance of Mal, with regards this discussion...."

"I'm sorry, I fail to see the sigificance of Mal, with regards this discussion...."

Terry seems on the verge of losing it

"Were you even listening when I briefed you all at John's place? Akhenaten is Mal, at least that's what the cultists thought. And the moment I left some Terats tried to take Emma, kill Masters and kidnapped Natalia. Now they want to exchange her for the very book which concerns Emma's transformations. Emma told me herself that it was something about Quantum evolution stuff and this is before she even knew about Nodes, Novas and the rest of today's world! I don't care if you think this is too old to be of use. You don't know for a fact what material they had sixty years ago, only what's in the public domain, and I'm pretty sure that before meeting Emma you never knew anyone transformed as she did."

"However, should this book appear to contain such information (and I'm certain that it doesn't), then I can use it myself, as I am researching into creating equipment to keep a nova dormant, for extended periods of time."

Terry calms down a bit...

"So its true then...this equipment could be used for Novas in general, not just Emma? Look...I'm sorry I burst out at you. We'll get the book tomorrow morning. I figure security will be more lax at 8am when the guards are relaxed then at night. You can then judge for yourself the importance of its contents. Of course, you'll have to go somewhere secure I don't know about. This meeting with Pathfinder will definitely be interesting..."

Emma told me herself that it was something about Quantum evolution stuff and this is before she even knew about Nodes, Novas and the rest of today's world!

Derek looks unconvinced.

"Quantuum evolution? That was the exact phrase she used?"

I don't care if you think this is too old to be of use

"You have apparently misheard me. I do not believe that the journal is too old to be of use. I believe it to be a great use in retreiving Natalia.

"I do believe that information regarding brains that it contains is most likely inaccurate, or just plain wrong. I do not believe that Maxwell would have the necessary equipment to perform (what are now) routine brainscans, or anything like that.

"To simply assume the worst, to assume that a DECADES old book has bleeding-edge information, above and beyond what we possess, is not only irrational, but irresonsible, given the situation.

"I would like you to note that I have not decided what the book contains, just that the probabilty of it containing the information you think it has it exceedingly low. And yes, if it does, than I shall be astonished. *AND* amazed. But until that point, could we keep the speculation (and the drama) to a minimum if possible? Please?" ::biggrin

"Honestly, you're as bad as the Stranger......" ::wink

[Re - Dr Zia: the photo' provided shows a diminutive European man in his early-forties. The accompanying notes reveal that he's a 45 year old Hungarian national. His eruption, at the time of the photo', had no apparant impact on his appearance - he just looks like a very average, short, thin, man.]

Once at the scene...

The Novas can't miss the scene of 'Ghostdancer's' death as they get close - the windows are blown out for a full twelve blocks! Police cars still block entrance to the area of the explosion, & danger-striped police-tape seems to be the decoration of choice for the neighborhood. A few reporters & rubberneckers still hang around, but most have moved on - the story is, already, old news.

More explanations & radio conversations later, the Novas are escorted the final block or so to the reamins of the car Holden & Vance were in. The remains are little more than a large blast-mark on the road, blown-out walls nearby, & a very wide area of shrapnel.

There is evidence that some investigation has been carried out - numbered white circles painted around larger pieces of car wreckage, that sort of thing - but officers are already begining to clear the area. Apparantly it's not good for business having the centre of Ibiza Town closed to the public... ::sly

[The Stranger] immediately gets to work examining the scene. Starting with a visual survey, he then takes a camera from the equipment Kane supplied and starts snapping photos. The Stranger's actions are smooth and professional, seemingly as if he's done this many times before. Once he's satisfied with the pictures taken, he moves on to collecting physical evidence; pulling on a pair of latex gloves before touching anything.

The local officers watch the masked Nova work with a mixture of fascination & amusement ::laugh - the gloves seem a particular source of fun amongst those who have been assigned to pick-up the shrapnel from the area (who appear to have forgotten to observe such precautions themselves).

Turning his head to look at John and Will, he says, "This may take awhile. Feel free to rest for now, but stay close by."

The police seem slightly annoyed having to work around the two Novas - one rather cocky young officer even asks if they could go get coffee for everyone, since they're not busy - or at least help with the clean-up operation ::sarcasm ?

About 45 minutes later, The Stranger is done. Standing up, he walks over to the pair of Novas waiting. Moving close, and keeping his voice low, he says, "John. I've noticed that Glacier has a tendency to use his sense of smell. How good is it? Good enough to possibly track or identify someone by scent?"

John steps back from the Stranger and his face melts into that of Glacier. The air surrounding his body becomes ice cold, and then the anima bursts from his body. Glacier stands with his eyes closed in the alley, and the bear moves its head as though sniffing around, though there is no sound signifying air moving.

The local police look a little wary, & retreat from the bear a bit - but also seem much more used to this kind of 'antics' than the American police Glacier has encountered in the past. The icy coating that soon starts to spread over the road (& whatever evidence has been left) just illicits more mumbled complaints from the Spanish officers - more mess to clear-up (as if they didn't have enough to do already... ::rolleyes ).

The Stranger nods. "Good. Now, we know that Andy Vance and Charlotte Holden were supposedly in this car when it exploded. I want you to see if you can determine either of their scents from within the vehicle. If you detect anything, see if you can track any movement of the scents away from the car."

The police seem slightly annoyed having to work around the two Novas - one rather cocky young officer even asks if they could go get coffee for everyone, since they're not busy - or at least help with the clean-up operation?

John shrugs, and starts helping the officers, lifting and carrying a great deal more than any of them.

"Good. Now, we know that Andy Vance and Charlotte Holden were supposedly in this car when it exploded. I want you to see if you can determine either of their scents from within the vehicle. If you detect anything, see if you can track any movement of the scents away from the car."

"Whoa!" Glacier pauses. "Umm, there's something really strong here.. it smells like gas but it's not. I'm pretty sure it's some kind of explosive, and I can't really.. Vance is here. Er, was here, I mean. Holden.." He looks up and laughs. "You know, I just remembered - I don't know what she smells like. I can smell other people's scents too, but I only recognize Andy Vance's. Do you have anything with her scent on it? I don't know how long these scents will linger."

Do you have anything with her scent on it? I don't know how long these scents will linger.

The Stranger shakes his head, frowning under the mask. "No, I don't. I know there's a lot of scents around here, but can you specifically detect a woman's scent from the interior of the car, then moving away from it?"

Glacier shakes his head. "There are a lot of women's scents here. This is a public place, remember. And I can smell the car's path, but I can't smell anything inside it."

Rubbing his chin thoughtfully, The Stranger calls Will over before he responds to Glacier.

"That's about what I thought. This avenue of the investigation is a dead end for now. Let's head back to the hotel, and get something to eat while I review the evidence I've collected. Then we'll make a decision on our next step."

(If both Will and Glacier are ok with that, they all go back to the hotel, and order lots of room service...uh, just the food this time. ::rolleyes The Stranger will retreat to his own room until the food arrives, then sit down with the other two to eat and share what's he found.)

The lower portion of his mask having slid up in order for him to eat, The Stranger digs in. In between bites of his steak, The Stranger gives the details of the evidence so far. "I found plenty of physical evidence, hair, skin cells...the problem is, most of it probably came from the local police force. The whole crime scene has been contaminated, determining the identity of Ms. Holden will be impossible." He pauses to let that sink in.

"I do have good news, however. Whoever set the bomb used Semtex, and in huge amounts. It shouldn't be too hard to track down who purchased it, and when. To be thorough, though, I'd like to have a word with Andy Vance. He's the only witness so far. I also need to get more information on Charlotte Holden. I'll be calling Kane about all of this. MI will be able to gather the information needed much more quickly than I can alone."

He takes a moment to swallow, and take a drink from his glass. "Do either of you have anything to add, or any questions?"

Later, in the hotel:

John sits cross-legged on the bed, making a dent in the pizza he ordered, though a small one compared to that of the two active novas.

"Do either of you have anything to add, or any questions?"

John shakes his head. "I understand. So in the meantime, shall we saunter down to the Amp Room and find out what's going on? I'm tired as hell, but in the Amp Room I can just power up, and Glacier doesn't need sleep. Uh.. do either of you?"

John shakes his head. "I understand. So in the meantime, shall we saunter down to the Amp Room and find out what's going on? I'm tired as hell, but in the Amp Room I can just power up, and Glacier doesn't need sleep. Uh.. do either of you?"

The Stranger shakes his head in the negative. "Going to the Amp Room right now would be a bad idea. Until I'm positive as to whether Holden's dead or not, I don't want to chance running into Pathfinder or Orzaiz. Let me make some phone calls, see if I can drum up any more leads for us. If I can't find anything tonight, I think we should let MI find what they can for us, and then follow up tomorrow.

Standing up, he walks back to his room, and closing the door, proceeds to make his phone calls.

Roughly 30 minutes later, he opens the door. "Well, until I get a callback, I won't have any new information. I suggest we rest up for whatever comes next. Good night." With that, he closes the door between the rooms again. Quietly, he locks it from his side.

"Quantuum evolution? That was the exact phrase she used?"

"Well, something like that. I wasn't taking notes or anything at the time..."

"Honestly, you're as bad as the Stranger......"

Terry grins

"I like him already...c'mon, prepare to be amazed. I'll show you the notes at my place and we'll rest up a bit. I'll try calling Nate and see whats happening."

They taxi up to Terry's apartment. A small pile of mail almost blocks the door when Terry opens it. When the novas step inside it reveals a small bachelor pad with a slightly musty smell inside.

"I haven't moved anywhere since I've erupted... - Terry explains as he looks at the small heap of mail - now I know why novas all seem to have agents. Have a seat, I'll get you the file."

On the living room floor is a pile of papers heaped next to a sofa with a scribbled notepad and pen resting on them. Terry moves the pad aside, grabs the papers and hands them over to Derek.

"Enjoy, I'm not sure if this comes from the book or not but they told me it was from Maxwell's work...Mumbo jumbo to me."

While Derek studies, Terry walks to a public phone and calls Nate to ask him if he managed to meet up with Emma...he also suggests that Nate find the security office of the Masters building in the morning to distract any security if he's still in New York.

[later in the morning]

"K, Derek...you ready?"

Terry slices the air below him with his arms. A dark circle forms on the floor with a white spot in the middle. A split second later it grows and reveals the inside of the vault seen from above.

"Follow me.."

Terry steps forward and falls ever so slowly toward the floor of the vault while looking "up" towards Derek. once he's through the warp both of them fall slowly toward the ceiling until they find themselves standing upside down.

"I figured that if they had any uv rays or motion detectors they'd be on the ground. There probably aren't any cameras unless masters wants his men to see whats inside... - Terry looks around checking for any surveillance equipment - Lets find the book."

Derek quickly steps through the Warp.

Once through, he starts flailing his arms to regain his 'balance'. Once he settles on the 'floor', Derek takes stock of the situation (via a couple of deep breaths). He's obviously pale (and slightly panicked).

In between breaths:

"Could you please fscking warn me before you do something like this again?? God damn......

"You start looking. I'll help as soon as I can stand......."

After a couple seconds, Derek regains his feet, and starts to look around, though still quite pale.

(OOC: Whoops the posts got ahead of me, where the hell did I put Will?)

[Will's with Glacier & The Stranger at the hotel in Ibiza Town]

The Vault:

Neither Nova spots any obvious surveillance equipment. The repairs since their last visit are impressive - you couldn't tell there'd been a fight in there. Apart from the absence of the 'golden mummy-case', the other items seem to be as numerous & varied as before - from old-fashioned looking guns, to strange outfits, to archeological treasures, to... books.

A quick search locates, in a glass case on it's own, a smallish, but thick, leather-bound book entitled 'The Scientific Journal of Doctor William H. Maxwell'. The book is of the sort with a locking strap that holds it closed, & appears to have numerous loose notes or photographs stuffed between it's many pages. The leather is worn, but still looks solid, & the page edges appear to be slightly yellowed with age. In the case, in front of the book, is a small hand-written card that states, simply,

"Danger!"

The leather is worn, but still looks solid, & the page edges appear to be slightly yellowed with age. In the case, in front of the book, is a small hand-written card that states, simply,

"Danger!"

Terry gives Derek a wary look

"For some reason Pandora's box comes to mind...Can you make a skindeep copy for us to leave here or should I just take it and get us out?"

"The ability to relax & have fun?  You seem very interested in our group - so I suggested you may like to join us, it's a simple as that."

Looking around, Nullifier makes a decision and as quietly as possible he walks over to the stairs and up them, very quietly closing the door behind him as his eufiber begins to shift coloring...

[using Stealth to be quiet. ::ninja ]

"Sure, but...... unless it absolutely has to last longer, it'll only last an hour.

"I can make a permanent copy, but I'd prefer not to....."

"The point is their not knowing the book is gone. If it disappears in an hour we might as well leave nothing. If you can make a permanent one then do so. If not, take it and lets go."

Terry watches the vault door and keeps an ear open for any movement.

If not, take it and lets go.

Derek looks at Terry.

"So be it."

Interface reaches up to the glass case, and puts his hand to the glass. A look of intense concentration appears. Interface then starts to reach through the glass, his clothing moving up like a liquid, and pouring onto the case, creating a seal. The glass can be seen to recede from his touch, becoming thicker beside his hand than it was before.

After about a minute (it's slow going), Interface's whole hand is within the unbroken glass. He reaches out, and grasps the book. A smile flickers.

Interface then starts to slowly move his hand with the book to the glass. Once there, his clothing spreads around the outside of the glass, and wraps around the hand and book as they slowly exit the case. The glass then flows back to it's normal, fully sealed, position.

Derek slowly opens his eyes (it's clear that his eyes have been tightly closed throughout the proceeding, but from concentration, or from a mental 'finger-crossing' it's hard to tell.....) and looks around.

::biggrin

"Nice.... I wasn't sure that was going to work." ::smokin

"So, do we wanna get out of here before the guards arrive to the inevitable silent alarm? Or after?" ::wink

A portal opens behind the Novas reveiling an open Desert.

"I'll explain later, just go through..."

The novas step through and stumble on Soft Sand...

"The Sahara...One of the last bastions of peace on this planet. The warning said Danger, open the book here. If it seems ok I'll take you someplace where you can just disappear for a few days. Don't call Masters, don't take a plane and don't call me or Nate. The last thing I want is for your call to be traced back to you. I also don't want to know where you'll be because of Pathfinder. A couple days from now you should have had time to read and make yourself a copy. Call this number and say I told you to call. - Terry waits a couple seconds - Listen...I trust you. If an emergency comes up, call my number and I'll be there as soon as possible. OK? Lets do this"

Terry waits expectantly for Derek to peek at the book

Archived