Aberrant: Quantum Zero - Quantum Zero

ProfPotts

Derek frowns, puzzled.

"Vaporised? Nova or not, it would require *extreme* temperatures to completely eradicate all possible remains of a human being, as we tend to carbonise quite readily.

"Frankly, something should be left, even if it's simply residue. To find nothing indicates a distinct lack of thoroughness bordering on the incompetent.

"As an alternative suggestion, perhaps, considering her conflicting love life and workplace-choice, maybe she simply decided that it was time to make a definitive choice, and "exit, stage left" as they say in show business. Maybe she simply faked her own death. I would suggest that if we do look into this (and I'm not too sure why we should), that we keep it quiet lest we disturb a rock best left undisturbed.

"In the mean-time, I am finished eating, and am ready to head back to MI. I would consider the MI incident to be more urgent, but of course, your priorities are your own to decide. I don't think it would look too good (from MI's perspective) if we were to 'drop everything' for a random killing/vanishing while on company time, while Natalie is possibly in danger.

"I'm prepared to assist, but it's not the top of my priority list. If you wish to convince me (and I'm not saying that you should, merely letting you know I am convincable), the flight to the US will give you ample time to do so." ::wink

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a beach clothes shop in town a burgaler alarm shrieks, following a loud crash. A young man standing where the front window of the store should have been can be seen slumped and holding his head, mumbling to himself for a moment. All of a sudden he snaps to with a roar and a flare of crimson, startling and frightening the gathering of onlookers...

"NO! NATALIA!".

Will bolts back to the hotel as fast as he can, not even bothering to enter the lobby, he sprints up the outside to the balcony of the suite where the others are gathered.

Will comes in and grabs Derek by the sholders and proceeds with frantic desperation and tears flowing from his eyes "Derek I saw what they're doing to her! I saw it! I'm not insane, my mind can't come up with that sort of crap! Derek we have to find her and get her back now, before it's too late!" ::smiley4 .

Will comes in and grabs Derek by the sholders and proceeds with frantic desperation and tears flowing from his eyes \"Derek I saw what they're doing to her! I saw it! I'm not insane, my mind can't come up with that sort of crap! Derek we have to find her and get her back now, before it's too late!\"  .

John steps up behind Will and puts his hand on his shoulder. "What did you see? Focus. Where are they keeping her???"

As an alternative suggestion, perhaps, considering her conflicting love life and workplace-choice, maybe she simply decided that it was time to make a definitive choice, and \"exit, stage left\" as they say in show business. Maybe she simply faked her own death. I would suggest that if we do look into this (and I'm not too sure why we should), that we keep it quiet lest we disturb a rock best left undisturbed.\"

The Stranger nods. \"My reason for investigating is related to Natalia's well-being. If Charlotte Holden is still alive, she may have information regarding the Harvesters, and their possible location. I only wish to quickly check the crime scene to determine if Holden is still alive. If she is, we may be able to use that information later. If not, we forget about it and continue as we were.\"

Will comes in and grabs Derek by the sholders and proceeds with frantic desperation and tears flowing from his eyes \"Derek I saw what they're doing to her! I saw it! I'm not insane, my mind can't come up with that sort of crap! Derek we have to find her and get her back now, before it's too late!\"

Stepping over to Will, he gently lays a hand on his shoulder. "Will, we believe you. If you saw what was happening to her, the best thing you can do is calm down, and try to tell us what you saw. Anything in the background that might indicate a location."

\"My reason for investigating is related to Natalia's well-being. If Charlotte Holden is still alive, she may have information regarding the Harvesters, and their possible location. I only wish to quickly check the crime scene to determine if Holden is still alive. If she is, we may be able to use that information later. If not, we forget about it and continue as we were.\"

Derek smiles.

\"Colour me convinced. I'm prepared to take a look.\" ::biggrin

Will comes in and grabs Derek by the sholders and proceeds with frantic desperation and tears flowing from his eyes \"Derek I saw what they're doing to her! I saw it! I'm not insane, my mind can't come up with that sort of crap! Derek we have to find her and get her back now, before it's too late!\"

A look of complete panic crosses Derek's face. It appears more related to Will, than what Will is saying.

"Erm..... Ok. Sure...... Stop crying? Guys? Help?!"

Grabbing Will by the shoulders, he firmly turns him around to face him. "Will. You have to listen to me. Focus on my voice." The Stranger's voice takes on a soothing, almost hypnotic tone. "We will do everything in our power to save Natalia. In order for us to save her, we need to know what you're seeing. I know the visions are frightening. I know that you're afraid for her. I need you to push aside your feelings for right now, and concentrate only on the details in the scene. What sort of carvings are on the walls? Who is it that's holding the needle?" Slowly backing Will towards a chair, he sits him down and continues speaking softly. "Breathe deeply. Concentrate on the details. Don't allow your feelings to control you. Concentrate on the details." Looking Will directly in the eye, he pauses. "Now, what did you see? Remember, be calm."

::huh Looking at the stranger he pauses and does his best to remember the scene "The walls are like that in a cave... but it's like they've been roughly carved out of solid rock, with bars at the entrance... I... I can't see his... it's face, it's big though... and strong, it's hands looked like they were made from rough leather... that's when he put a long siringe in her neck, I snapped out of it with her screaming... I don't know where she is!" He pauses, deadpan "But Pathfinder does! ::angry ". He starts to rise.

\"But Pathfinder does!  \". He starts to rise.

John had taken his hand off Will's shoulder when the Stranger took control of the situation (he reminds me more and more of Stephen King's gunslinger with every post - was that part of his inspiration, Archer?) and watched his discourse with Will with a cocked eyebrow. When Will says this, however, he bounces to his feet and says brightly, "Right! So, who's up for a little dismembering?"

At Ibiza airport:

Blaze is disturbed from his thoughts (& waiting) by a loud explosion outside the plane! ::shocked

Looking out the door he sees black smoke billowing off a fireball that's engulfed a refueling truck a couple of hundred metres across the tarmac. A moment later he sees a figure fly from the wreckage to impact heavily on one of the runways - only to push himself to his feet. The guy is a very well-muscled white man, wearing jeans, biker-style boots, & a bandanna-style mask that covers his eyes & the top of his head. His bare-chest sports a large tattoo of a Harley-Davidson logo. He roars (a sound that shakes the plane Blaze is in) & forms a fist - blue-white energies begin to build-up around it. The Nova (& his clothes) appear undamage from the fire or the impact of his landing.

Next Blaze witnesses yet another figure emerge unscathed from the fuel-truck explosion - an impressive black man wearing a rather well-known red-devil face mask - it's the militant black Muslim Nova known as Mefistofaleez!

Everywhere across the airport baselines are running for their lives, whilst emergency crews scramble to put out the blaze.

(Hopefully) hearing the explosion at the airport, The Stranger's head whips around.

Darting to the window, his mouth sets in a grim line as he sees the black smoke billowing upward. Decision made, he starts barking orders at the others, his powerful voice ringing with command. "Derek, you're with me. Will, if you can, carry John and get to the airport as quickly as you can."

Snapping out of his daydreaming and impatience, Nate rushes to the doorway to see what the hell just happened. Seeing the two novas tearing up the place he thinks *What the hell is this? An XWF match gone out of control?* Seeing no TV-choppers around yet, he launches himself into the air to get a bird's eye view of the situation. On the way out, his clothes change color and shape into the familiar yellow-and-white full body eufiber suit.

If it looks like he can do anything to help with the fire, he will. If not, he'll keep an eye out for innocent bystanders. He doesn't want to get caught between these guys unless he absolutely has to.

Blaze takes to the skys. He doesn't see any TV-choppers, true, but there are plenty of reporters at the airport pretty much 24 / 7, not to mention all the tourists with camcorders - any actions here, he realises, will be subject to public scrutiny... ::sly

Assessing the situation Nate sees that Mefistofaleez & his opponent have both noticed his own entrance, but (as soon as it's apparant he's not about to interfere) they turn their attention back towards each other. He also spots the airport fire crew some distance across the field with their foam-filled fire trucks - but that the two battling Novas are between them & the fire! There don't appear to be any innocent bystanders in immediate danger, but given the volitility of aviation fuel, that situation will quickly change unless the fire is dealt with soon.

The tattoo-chested Nova hurls the blue-white bolt from his fist towards his devil-masked enemy. Mefistofaleez leaps over the speeding energy projectile (which balsts a hole through a parked plane behind him), rolls as he lands, & sprints forward, yelling,

"That th' best you got, Hog? Huh? I'm gonna' beat on your white punk ass, b!tch!"

The biker retorts,

"Just try it - if ya' think ya' hard enough, ya' horn-faced pansy!"

Meanwhile, across town, Will picks up John [is there any way as to make that dignified? ::confused ::tongue ::wink ], & begins to sprint towards the airport.

At the patio, The Stranger looks up, then down at the parking lot below. Walking back over to Derek, he withdraws a curious looking pistol from his belt, concealing it from Derek's view. "Sorry about this.", he apologizes. Before Derek can respond, he hoists him bodily over one shoulder, then sprints back and vaults over the patio railing. As they sail through the air, The Stranger fires the pistol towards an overhang above, the barbed spike sinking deep into the concrete. Falling rapidly, he squeezes the trigger again, adjusting the tension on the grapple line and slowing their descent.

Gently touching down next to the motorcycle he rented earlier, he hops on, planting Derek on the rear seat. As he starts the bike and revs the engine, he looks back at Derek. "I'd suggest you hold on." With that, he hits the throttle, launching the motorcycle forward, towards the airport.

For a brief moment, Blaze considers his options... *Fly the firetrucks over? Too heavy and they might break... Interrupt the fight? And get killed in the process? No way... Just one thing to do, I guess...*

The glow surrounding him turns harder and sharper as he flies at full speed towards thje fire (force field on). Gritting his teeth and hoping the heat isn't too much, he heads straight for the inferno and tries to remove any fueltanks that haven't caught fire yet. He works as fast as possible hauling and lifting the tanks to a safe distance, unless it's too hot.

Reaching the inferno Nate realises a couple of things. Firstly - the fire doesn't appear to be hurting him at all (he's not sure it would, even without the force field), although for the sake of oxygen he wouldn't want to stand around there too long. Second, the explosion was from a single refueling truck - the aviation fuel within is now spread in a wide radius & blazing away nicely. Apart from some molten debris there's not much to move within the flames. The nearby aircraft that are in danger of catching light are even heavier than the fire trucks...

Back at the hotel, the security staff scramble to get the main gates open as The Stranger & Interface shoot through on the speeding bike. Will just ran over the wall...

... The few people in the morning streets of Ibiza stop to stare at the speeding red Nova - a sight made even more unusual by the young man sitting on his shoulders & clinging on for dear life ::blink ! The mask-clad figure with his silvery passanger that passes a short whle later on a motorcycle seems normal by comparison...

*Only one thing to do, then...*

Speeding back to the approaching trucks, he flies in front of the first one and yells "Hold on, guys!!" to the driver, before he grabs on to the best grip he can get (or even flies under it to lift it). Pushing himself as far as he has to, he hoists the truck up in the air and flies it over to the fire.

When he reaches the inferno, he shouts to the crew "Wanna do it from here? Or should I put you down?"

Speeding back to the approaching trucks, he flies in front of the first one and yells "Hold on, guys!!" to the driver, before he grabs on to the best grip he can get (or even flies under it to lift it). Pushing himself as far as he has to, he hoists the truck up in the air and flies it over to the fire.

When he reaches the inferno, he shouts to the crew "Wanna do it from here? Or should I put you down?"

It takes the crew a few moments to gather their wits (& catch-up with their stomachs ::nervous ), but eventually one replies (after some quick prayers in Spanish),

"P-p-putting us d-d-down would be f-f-f-ine, thanks, mister..."

As soon as they're grounded, the crew leap to un-reel the hoses, & soon a blanket of foam is being spread over the fire.

Meanwhile, Mefistofaleez has his opponent (who is apparantly called 'Hog' ::huh ) in a half-Nelson, & is yelling,

"Who's th' man?! Who's th' man?! Huh, b!tch!"

In front of the airport a crimson blur announces the arrival of Will (& 'passenger') - the assembled newshounds soon enter a picture-snapping frenzy. The Stranger & Derek are still a little way off.

In The Amp Room:

Count Orzaiz stands & offers his hand to the black-clad Nova who approaches his private booth,

"Nullifier - glad you could make it. Please, have a seat. Will you have a drink, or is it a bit early?"

In The Amp Room:

Count Orzaiz stands & offers his hand to the black-clad Nova who approaches his private booth,

"Nullifier - glad you could make it. Please, have a seat. Will you have a drink, or is it a bit early?"

After shaking Ozaiz's hand, he sits down saying, "I'll have whatever you're having, Count."

Assuming the Count orders the drink, a comfortable silence ensues while the two wait for it. They study each other carefully for a few moments, then appear content to sit back and wait.

After his drink arrives, he raises it and looks at the Count, "To the Teragen," he says archly, and without waiting for the Count to toast with him, drains the entire drink, slamming it down on the table when he's finished.

Without waiting for the Count's response he leans forwards and launches into a speech it seems like he's been preparing for a while, "My association with the Teragen began with the understanding and assurance that it would benefit both myself and my fellow novas. However, since that time that all that association has led to is my life being threatened. Twice. With no benefit to myself or any other nova so far as I have been able to tell, or even any benefit to your orginization other than antagonizing a substantial group of novas. Since I believe that any association which ceases to benefit either of the parties involved must either change or end, it seems to me as if it's time for one of those two options to occur. I leave it up to you, Raoul. Either bring me in all the way, get me up to speed on this Teras thing you all subscribe to and let me in on the planning of your operations and not just their execution, or cut me loose and I'll find my own way. Choose."

With that Nullifier pushes back from the table, sits up straight and waits for the Count's response.

The Count frowns at Nullifier's, frankly, impertinent tone, but takes his time, & casually sips his own Amp Well, before carfully placing the glass on the table, smoothing his fingers over his goatee, & reponding in a very calm voice,

"Nullifier. If you have specific questions as to the reasons behind the few, simple, actions you've been requested to perform for us, then by all means ask them. Do not presume that you can accuse myself & the whole movement of idiocy or incompetance just because you lack the clarity of vision to percieve why certain actions were sanctioned. Insulting us is not the best method of learning more about us."

"If you wish to have nothing more to do with us, then that is your choice - & one I will respect. However, I'll no longer feel compelled to withold certain information I possess concerning your background when that information could be of interest to my fellow brothers & sisters in Teras. You are aware that the Nova you stole Max from died as a result, yes? Not many in our little family would appreciate that. Then there's the question of how all your other associates would take the revelations about your various identities & activities. You're life is a complicated web by your own design, but one who's strands can be easily severed."

"I was hoping that the reports I'd heard of your recent 'attitude' had been exagerated, but I now see for myself that your ego knows no polite limits. Now is the time for you, not I, to choose - will you act like a member of an evolved species, or continue to act like a spoiled child?"

In front of the airport a crimson blur announces the arrival of Will (& 'passenger') - the assembled newshounds soon enter a picture-snapping frenzy.

OOC: Does the fire look like it's getting seriously dangerous, or is there fire in an area where the fire truck can't reach or won't get to in time? If so:

John shouts unnecessarily to Will, "Try and get me over there! I need to get a handle on that fire!"

OOC: If the fire truck looks like it has things well in hand, then:

John dismounts from Will's back and observes Mefistofaleez beating the cholesterol out of Hog. He raises an eyebrow and dorm's up casually, the icy blue energy flaring up from his body and forming into the familiar polar bear shape. He turns to Will.

"Er.. what should we do? Wanna try and clobber them?" He grins in anticipation.

At first, Nullifier appears startled and even a little angry at Orzaiz's little tirade, but by the end seems much calmer, and begins to laugh ::smiley1 .

Finishing laughing, Nullifier tilts his head a bit and looks at the Count and says in a mild tone of voice, "Did I just insult you? If so I didn't mean to. I was merely explaining the situation I feel I'm in, and the options which I feel are most likely to resolve it. Please don't threaten to expose me. You've already done it and betrayed my trust by revealing several of my identities to your 'brothers and sisters in Teras'. They can now expose me as easily as you, and probably already have what they see as sufficent cause to do so. It may well be that it's your largesse that keeps them from doing so, however I'm well aware that should our association come to an end that that would likely end as well, and as I said before, that's an option for me at this point. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend in the course of my eruption, but you'll remember that Max co-opted me and not the other way around. You can ask him yourself, if you'd like. The point is, all I'm saying is that I either want in or out. This halfway sh*t is too frustrating and too dangerous for me to allow it to go on any longer. I'm committed to the cause, and I'll remain committed to it even if you decide that our association must end now; have a telepath scan my mind if you don't believe me. I don't want to sever my ties with you. Unless you're willing to accept me as a full member of your little club, however, I must because I believe that for our association to remain the way it currently is benefits neither of us and endangers both my life and that of other novas, and if changing that means that you reveal all you know about me, so be it. My ego doesn't enter into it either way. I just can't and won't go on being on the margin, as it were. So again I ask you to choose: am I in or out?"

At the airport:

Heading through the main building to the tarmac (customs don't bother trying to stop two Novas at this point... ::blink ), Will & John see that the fire crew (thanks to Blaze's help) are getting the inferno under some sort of control...

John dismounts from Will's back and observes Mefistofaleez beating the cholesterol out of Hog. He raises an eyebrow and dorm's up casually, the icy blue energy flaring up from his body and forming into the familiar polar bear shape. He turns to Will.

"Er.. what should we do? Wanna try and clobber them?" He grins in anticipation.

Mefistofaleez looks up from the man he's choking, & straight in the direction of the two young Novas. With his knee in Hog's back, & his 'pimp cane' round the man's neck, he calls over,

"You want some too, b!tch! Huh!" ::angry

Hog, meanwhile, is turning a shade of blue. It's not an aberration... ::wink

In The Amp Room:

Orziaz frowns, adressing Nullifier like one might talk to a small child,

"You still don't understand, do you? It's all about how you see the situation, about the options you wish to present, isn't it. Do the opinions of the rest of us mean nothing to you? Are you really that self-centred?"

He sighs,

"You accuse me of betraying your confidence - yet claim you don't wish to insult me. You attempt to belittle the Teragen by calling us 'a little club' - yet you claim to be devoted to a cause you don't even understand. Do you even know what you want? Do you think we have some deep, dark, secrets that you just must know? It's painfully obvious that you're not willing to take the journey that is the study of Teras - like any impatient youth you want it all yesterday. That alone highlights your lack of understanding of the 'cause' you claim to believe in."

"We requested that you undertake a single, simple, mission. You not only failed at that, but left when your own gifts could have been the difference between life & death for fellow Novas. Luckily, no Novas were killed, but that (as they say) was no thanks to you. I'm hardly the first person who'd advocate the techniques practiced by Nova Vigilance, but choosing to flee on the off-chance you may have been hurt, instead of attempting to protect Nova lives, speaks volumes about the 'cause' you really follow. I'd hoped that PathFinder's report was inaccurate - that there were some mitigating circumstances to your, if we're being honest, cowardice. It seems that, sadly, I was wrong. Your actions have hardly supported your words - your empty claim to be commited to our cause."

"You, Nullifier, are a petulant child - by your own admission you're frustrated & frightened by the little contact you've had with us already, yet you want to know what you'll be missing out on if you chose the path of the weak-willed & quit. Unfortunately, to some of us, the 'cause' is more than a bauble for your amusement - a prize to be won at the fair. It's a way of life. You even back away from making a descision in this instance, & try to place all the responsibility onto me. That is where your ego comes into it - you see yourself as the centre of your own little universe, where nothing is your responsibility, & all else exists to please you."

"No matter how hard you try to dodge the bullet, the choice is yours. You can either grow up, swallow your pride, & attempt to set foot on the path of Teras; or you can go on as you are. I've wasted enough time on you already - make your choice & be done with it."

Mefistofaleez looks up from the man he's choking, & straight in the direction of the two young Novas. With his knee in Hog's back, & his 'pimp cane' round the man's neck, he calls over,

"You want some too, b!tch! Huh!" 

Hog, meanwhile, is turning a shade of blue. It's not an aberration...

Glacier says brightly, "One minute!" He gives Hog a glance, then begins to concentrate. The blue bear anima surrounding him becomes white, and becomes more opaque and solid-looking.

OOC: Activate Force Field.

Nodding, he says, almost to himself at first, but becoming passionate as he speaks, "Maybe you're right Count. Maybe I don't really understand what the Teragen is about. The cause I was speaking of, my cause, was the freedom of all novas from oppression, the freedom for all novas to find their own paths, unencumbered by the dross of baseline culture and society and anyone else who would use and manipulate us. I had thought, previous to your showing me the error of my ways, that that was the cause you and the Teragen claimed to be fighting for. Now I realize that you're right, I don't understand your cause at all. You accuse me of cowardice, of lacking commitmet. I accuse you of hubris and hypocracy. You asked one thing of me, to spy on Masters and his associates. You then basically blew my cover and expected me to paticipate in what amounts to a cold-blooded kidnapping and murder so far as I'm aware of, based on what? The faith I'm supposed to have in the Teragen? I thought as much, that it might simply be a test, a test which I thought was worth passing at the time. Nearly having my guts ripped out by a rampaging nova's claws quickly disabused me of that notion. No test is worth my life, especially if I never agreed to take the test in the first place, and by extention I have to question the motives of people claiming to value my life and liberty whom place both in jeopardy merely to test me. Are the Teragen all talk, Count? By your actions you of the Teragen prove yourselves no better than any of the others who wish to use myself and other novas for their own ends at the cost of our lives if need-be, no matter how noble your stated goals. You accuse me of being self-centered and cowardly. You belittle me and treat me like a child continually. You have placed my life in danger multiple times, without my consultation. Let us not forget the fact - yes, it's a fact, not an insult - that you've told my secrets to your comrades. Yet here I am asking for your acceptence because I believed that you Teragen were perhaps our best hope of freedom. Then you have the gall to accuse me of not having made my choice. I have made my choice, isn't it obvious? I want to be part of the Teragen. I'm rational enough, however, to realize that you've been holding back from me and treating me like a pawn. This is an unacceptable situation for any intelligent being to be in, as the Null Manifesto states. I've made my choice, and it's the Teragen, but only if the manipulation ends. Otherwise you're welcome to find yourself another, less insightful pawn who will perhaps somehow understand your 'cause' better. My choice is made. I'm here, I'm committed, and I'm ready to do whatever it takes for my cause. Now make yours. Will you reject me, or will you accept me as an equal?"

Looking up at Ozaiz, Nullifier waits for his response.

"You want some too, b!tch! Huh!" ::angry
Glacier says brightly, "One minute!" He gives Hog a glance, then begins to concentrate. The blue bear anima surrounding him becomes white, and becomes more opaque and solid-looking.

Hearing the shouted comments and seeing The Bear about to wake up, Blaze leaves the firemen to do their job and heads over to Will and John. Landing between them and the brawlers, he turns to Glacier "You gonna pick a fight with him? ::huh We don't know who started this, and so far they haven't actively tried to harm anyone else than each other. Remember what happened the last couple of times you got in a fight...?" ::sly

"You gonna pick a fight with him?  We don't know who started this, and so far they haven't actively tried to harm anyone else than each other. Remember what happened the last couple of times you got in a fight...?"

Glacier gives Blaze the most innocent look anyone ever saw from a polar bear. "What are you talking about? I won the last fight I was in. Besides, I'm not going to join in. I'm just being cautious."

Nathan stops himself from voicing his thoughts... *Yeah, and you almost killed three other people who got in your way, too...*

He waits a second or two to see if Glacier is just kidding or not, then "OK. Good. That's what I thought too."

Keeping an eye on the fight he looks around for any other nova types, or maybe the police, to see if anyone might have an answer to what the hell is going on here.

"Do any of you know who the hell these clowns are?"

"To hell with this! YOU TWO, TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE! You know somewhere that isn't likely to explode!" With that will sprints up to the plain closest to the fire and hoists it from its landing gear** and moves it about 50 meters away from where it was. (OOC: 6QPoints into lifter, 64 tons should be more than enough unless it's a 747, 66.13 tons. If it gets too hot he activates force field).

**(OOC: Proff I remember somewhere in a post you saying that if a nova is capable of lifting something, even if the physics of it says it would break apart, that you'd allow it to be picked up unharmed... Am I dreaming or is that right?)

At the airport:

The Stranger & Interface arrive outside the main building - & are assailed with the usual flurry of picture-taking & question-asking. Several police cars are also arriving, although (after a quick talk with airport security) they seem more intent on organising the crowds than taking on the two rampaging Novas out on the runways.

On the tarmac Mefistofaleez continues to choke his opponent, but looks over to where 'the bear' is standing, & shouts,

"Wait right there - I'll be over to give yah a whoppin' any second now!.."

A red blur denotes that Will has run over to the plane nearest the 'danger zone' (of fire & / or fight). With a mighty effort he hoists the giant vehicle into the air - balanced impossibly on the front set of landing gear where the young Nova's grabbed it. At certain angles a dim red glow can just be made out stretching from Will over the hull of the aircraft. A second burst of speed moves the vehicle to a (more) safe distance, where the crimson speedster places it safely back on the tarmac.

Those watching the fight suddenly notice something odd - there's a blue-white glow coming from between the two combatants. Hog's eyes can be seen to be glowing brightly in a similar fashion. A moment later there's a massive discharge of energy that causes the on-lookers to shield their eyes. Mefistofaleez is hurled from Hog's back to land heavily on the tarmac a dozen meters away - Hog himself is left kneeling in a burnt crater two or three meters across - beyond that the tarmac can be seen to be boiling & poping. Several of the fire crew are blown off their feet by the blast, & some of the lighter airport vehicles (baggage cars & the like) skid out of position. The observing Novas can feel the force & heat of the blast from where they're standing, & all the windows in the terminal building behind them shatter! Hog shakily rises to his feet, cracks his neck, & turns towards his devil-masked foe,

"Hog to th' Max, baby, yeah!"

Mefistofaleez sits-up, shaking his head, & grabs his pimp-cane from where it landed next to him,

"What th' fu..?"

Seeing Hog advancing on him, the black Elite flips to his feet & starts to brush-down his long coat,

"If this is stained, you're gonna' pay..." ::angry

In The Amp Room:

Orzaiz starts to look bored ::bored , & stifles a yawn before replying to Nullifier's impassioned speech,

"You still claim you want to join us, yet in the same breathe as you insult us & prove your own ignorance of us. You fling accusations left & right without any of the facts, & clearly choose to comment without thinking. You act like a child, thus I treat you like one. You claim our actions prove we're no better than others - that's good - at least you believe in actions over words. You claim your cause is freedom for all Novas. In that case I agree - let your actions prove your dedication to 'the cause'. I'll be watching, as will the others. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have important business to attend to."

With that the Count calls over the waitress for another drink, whilst also taking out his cell 'phone & dialling. It appears as though Nullifier's audience is over...

Getting up and walking away, Nullifier says, "You sound like a broken record Count, you ought to learn some new material. "

His eufiber costume begins flashing various colors in sync with the music as he walks onto the dance floor and starts moving to the music, the shimmering sparks falling from his body shifting from one energy form to another as he dances through the crowd of novas.

[imprinting anyone he touches, Prof. ::bigsmile ]

Taking stock of the situation, The Stranger glances around, particularly at the surrounding buildings. Finding a suitable spot, he withdraws the odd-looking pistol from his belt again. Taking aim, he fires the grapple line over the heads of the crowd, the spike sinking deep into the concrete of the buidling's roof. Grabbing Derek with his free arm, he activates the reel. Suddenly flying into the air, he grips Derek tightly as they swing over the crowd to land on the tarmac. After a moment to retract the cable, he runs over to join Blaze and Glacier.

"Wait right there - I'll be over to give yah a whoppin' any second now!.."

Glacier looks over at Blaze. He says mildly, "If you don't want me to hurt him, then maybe we should leave." He looks directly at Mefistofaleez and grins. "It's all the same to me."

Seeing the two Novas in combat, the burning wreackage, the baselines stuggling to combat the fire, one word, and one word alone springs to Derek's lips:

"Bugger......"

Slowly, as if to avoid drawing attention to himself, Interface reaches out to the nearest wall, lightly touching it's surface. A small pulse passes from the concrete through his fingertips, spreading and touching all points on his body, almost as if someone had dropped a pebble at his fingers, and the ripple passed through him. Where it passed, flesh and skin have been turned to concrete. ::cool

Still not drawing his eyes from the combat ahead, Interface focuses once again. The air around him shudders slightly, as if it had been drawn more closly to him.

Slightly more secure, Derek joins the others, watching the spectacle.

"So, guys, why are they beating the hell out eachother? And how do we stop them? The police are outside, but seem pretty content to wait them out...."

Mentally noting Derek's transformation, The Stranger then focuses his attention on the scene in front of him; specifically looking for any bystanders that may be in danger or any vehicles that may be too close to the fires. Without taking his eyes from what he's watching, he speaks to the others. "I'd prefer if we simply made sure that no innocents are hurt. If that entails taking these two down, suggestions are welcome. Blaze, I'm glad to see you're alright."

Archived