WW's bad PR reps...

operations

This post removed by the Ministry of Psionic Affairs for the promotion of Unity. No, really, we mean it. Stop pointing that at us...

[Post removed by author after discovering that, oddly enough, he was in the middle of the road on this issue. You should have seen some of the more wak-job responses... eww... ]

As I don't personally keep up with the WW forums I don't really understand what you're complaining about, but that's not important.

While I understand you're upset I would like to say (on behalf of the rest of the staff as well) that this sort of post is truly unnecessary. If you have a complaint against WW then you should address it through them and not attempt to draw others into the argument.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re no longer willing to support the Aeon-verse, but do understand your decision.

~Tiff

I have addressed WW with this problem, skipping Conrad and going straight to Chris M. Ian Watson also got a copy of this e-mail (as well as a slew of others on both sides of the issue) so I'm not just airing my grivieances here.

And I'm not so much angry as disappointed... I think that's what bugs me the most.

Hey operations,

I don't mean to slam you but as someone who talks frequently with most of the staffers on this forum I am totally confident that behavior like the stuff you are describing doesn't happen here. Which begs the question; why are you bringing it up on EON? Is it is to stimulate discussion, I think that you will find most people on this board would agree with you that it is a crummy thing for Conrad to do, thus leading to a very short (or very long as the case may be) thread of people agreeing with each other.

That said I fully support discussion about WW's practices as that we are a fan site. But in my humble opinion it should be mainly about content of the Aeon-verse.

In closing I agree with Annie that it is a shame that you are allowing the actions of one individual sour your taste for Aeon-verse stuff. But as you so eloquently put it in your first post. It is your opinion...

"Though I may not agree with your opinion I will defend your right to speak it unto my death." -Anon

Cheers

Paxs Pimp

hmmm, i understand what you're saying here ops but i am hesitant to take it to heart as you have. what posts were rewritten as you claim? aside from the validity of the post or the unfairness of rewriting it, they told you outright on the hompage for the forums that they both reserve right and ability to take such action. this is part of the price you pay for operating on a free, open, web based forum that is hosted by ww proper. i can't fathom which posts would have been changed, since i have personally witnessed some completely off base and wholly aggressive posts make it a long way in the forums before anyone said anything. and not to put too fine a point on this, because i really do sympathize with your point, but i seem to recall that this isn't the first time you and the forums have had issues. boycoting the company is all well and good, but i get the impression that your decision is driven by non objective logic. and as with harle and pax, why are you posting this here? eon isn't ww, by most accounts its a generally warmer climate over here and i don't think anyone has disputed that fact. are you attempting to rally support for your banning of ww and its forums? sorry, i'm tired and this thread really confused me when i read it.

jake

sorry, i'm tired and this thread really confused me when i read it.

now to be fair, this is what it's like when jake gets too tired to really be posting...   :P  :P

it's okay jake, we forgive you...now go get some rest so you don't fall over anytime soon!

::saki  ::saki   ::passes one to jake along with a freshly fluffed pillow::

::bigsmile

They reserved the right to delete posts Victor, but not re-write. I guess that's where my problem comes from.

Like I said, it's all my opinion. Was just discussing it here because I wonder what some cooler heads would think of the situation.

However, on a happeir note...

I just noticed the bar now has  ::saki !!! *drinks like a mad  ::ninja *

operations, f.uck WW forums, all you need is EON Forums - where else?

BTW - I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but all message boards become communistic moderator-patrolled oppression boards. Sorry, CHILL, no offense, but I have seen one too many boards degrade into post-editing after a mod goes off his rocker.

.......i'm loosing my patience here, so forgive me if this sounds a little "off my rocker"

I'm extremely tired of this thread. The wonderful thing about EON is that we've not got a history of bashing anyone or anything. Not other people, other gaming systems, or companies. _No exceptions_.

I'm not willing to stand by and watch it turn into bashing forum either! I hate the complaining "screw this" and "let's see how we can get around posting vulgar language" posts.

If you don't like WW then fine. _Don't go back_ Enough said. If you have a problem anyone, reguardless of the situation then do what you've gotta do but _leave the rest of us out of it!!!!_

And there's the wonderful realization too, that as a private message board (or whatever you want to call what this forum is) it is considered _privelage_ not _right_ to post.

:: end rant ::

again, forgive the outburst but I am beyond annoyed with this.

Hm. I'm inclined to agree with Tiff. We've tried hard to keep things light and easy here. For future reference, please try to keep hostilites, accusations, and general unkindess to yourself. We're all civil people with opinions that may differ. EON has espoused that concept for some time, but we've always been about community and working constructively with each other.

Please, folks. Let's keep this place pleasant for all who come here.

-Joseph

*sets up laptop*

*opens photoshop 7*

*snags tiff's pic from staff bio*

*smokes a cigerette to get inspiration*

*chuckles gleefully*

I haven't gotten to you yet... What were you saying?

::devil Paxs Pimp

Sticks and stones may break my bones but nukes will never penetrate my super duper fall out shelter...

:P

heh heh heh

Be warned you "Cheeky Texan" you have incurred the wrath of a disgruntled Shipping Clerk. (yeah I know it isn't as ominious as Lord of all thing dim and moist but it will do for now)  ::blush

I'm gonna have fun with this one...

-Paxs Pimp ::smokin

He who been studying his photoshop

What do you say Round 1 by Midnight Saturday, your time?

::sleeping  ::sleeping  ::sleeping  ::sleeping  ::sleeping  ::sleeping  ::sleeping  ::sleeping  ::sleeping  ::sleeping  ::sleeping  ::sleeping  ::sleeping  ::sleeping  ::sleeping

Excuse me while I sleep though the bragging... We'll see if you can back up those words in gifs, and jpgs...

::sly Paxs Pimp

Huh?

*found behind the bar with his head still buried in a case of  ::saki *

What'd we miss? I thought we were arguing about... errr...

*finds mental block inplanted by Ministry*

What was that again? Oh hell...

::saki  ::saki  ::saki  ::saki  ::saki  ::saki  ::ninja  ::saki  ::chillbeer  ::crazy  ::crazy  ::crazy  ::hehe

*dies from too much  ::saki *

Must not ressurect as Zombie Ops...

Archived