Get to know each other!

CHILL

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please, no lectures. I hear them all the time. Really. Along with "another suicidally depressed teen" and the ever popular forum psychologist opinion "doing it for the attention".

I where going to go with cool nick, but ok....

::tongue

Im the ninja dude (stick around and you will understand why), welcome to the boards...

• 6 months later...

Forum name:

Finaliteration

Generic Online name:

Finaliteration

Ben

I live in Western PA, and work as a pizza cook. I try to keep my gaming interests broad: I have D&D, shadowrun, Legend of the Five Rings, Trinity, Abberant, Adventure, WoD, NWoD, Fading Suns, AD&D, Cyberpunk, Call of Cthuhlu, and a handful of LARP books on my shelf as current.

I picked up trinity an age ago, it feels like, and tried to inflict it's madness on a group of woefully unappreciative co-teenagers, and have loved it ever since. I initially grabbed up Abberant as a supplement to trinity, then realized much to my delight that there was an actual game in there too! I love wreaking merry hell with canon, to the point of sitting down with Aeon Continuim books and Exalted, and drawing little lines between them.

I hope y'ounz are doing well, and It's awesome to find a community of Aeon lovers!

Forum ID:

der...look to the left!

Known Elsewhere As:

Rama over at the aberrantprime game, usually Skylion, or RadiusMaximus at Bboy.org (where I rarely post)

AIM: Skyliondancer

And in RL:

Sky

About Me:

Well thats always the hardest part to put into a nutshell...

My interests are incredibly varied and broad. Over the course of my life I have wanted to be a: jet fighter/then space shuttle pilot, scientist of various specialties, from geologist (rocks and minerals) to biologist (botany, herpetology, cellular), to (deep) ecology, acoustical engineer, eco-design and architeture, sustainable MBA and the list goes on.

When I was 18 I rediscovered my love for dance, movement, the intricacies of the human body and how we interact with gravity and lines of force. While in a grad program for eco-architecture I realized I had WAY too much energy to sit at a drafting table so rededicated myself to dance and bodywork Its the answer to that question about what work you would do if you had all the money you ever wanted or that you would do regardless of being paid.. Its taken me the last couple of years but I am finally moving (this month) to San Francisco to get down and serious about dance and acrobatics.

For work I practice massage therapy so if my posting rate ever gets low its probably because my hands are sore ::smile .

Someday I will return to my love of chemistry, biology and romantic spanish guitar but for right now Im all about conditioning my body while it is young (26.)

Oh yeah...gaming!

So right now the majority of my gaming is here on the forums. Playing "superheroes" has always been my favorite genre, even when playing in other genres (WoD, sci-fi etc.) and aberrant is one of my favorite takes on it. Im stoked to have found a group here, its difficult to find a table-top version and even more difficult to make time should I actually find one ::wacko )

We have been playing a regular Rifts game using the Marvel Superheroes Advanced rules (a HUGE improvment for all you players out there cursing the time-consuming, inconsistent, arbitrary and non-sensical approach to game design that is Palladium books...please PM me if you would like details on the conversion and the Marvel rules are available for free download online!)

Fantasy wise I love Warhammer fantasy ROLEPLAY (not battle!), I have two whole shelves of White Wolf books and a third of Rifts. Have also enjoyed playing with the Hero System and old-school traveler Sci-fi.

Oh yeah and Im a Robotech nut as well as many other Anime (aside from the usual Akira, GitS etc. I like Gasaraki, Bubblegum Crisis (original), Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Armitage III, Big O, and many more)

Backpacking, nature, long walks on the bea...oh wait...different profile... ::tongue

So theres some tidbits, hope you enjoyed and Ayre, thanks for that Dr. Pepper!

Cheers! ::ultracool

• 4 weeks later...

It seems to have been a while but I thought I might as well come on back.

My Forum Name is No_Sheep

On WW forums, pretty much the same till they went to the new stupid system and seem to have lost my stuff.

In real time name Carrie

I've been away for a while but since I may have a new Adventure game starting this Saturday, I thought should check back here and see what I could find. Most of my gamming is WW with anything from Werewolf to Orpheus to Vampire. I also play some D&D, Shadowrun and some BESM. My favorite of Eon is Adventure but I would love to play some Trinity.

Anyway, I hope to see a few familiar faces still hiding around here.

I've been away for a while but since I may have a new Adventure game starting this Saturday, I thought should check back here and see what I could find. Most of my gamming is WW with anything from Werewolf to Orpheus to Vampire. I also play some D&D, Shadowrun and some BESM. My favorite of Eon is Adventure but I would love to play some Trinity.
<shameless plug> I'm glad to hear you say that, seeing as I have both an Adventure! and a Trinity game stalled for lack of players. So please check out those IC forums and PM me if you're interested. </shameless plug>

Forum ID:

der...look to the left!

Known Elsewhere As:

Rama over at the aberrantprime game, usually Skylion, or RadiusMaximus at Bboy.org (where I rarely post)

AIM: Skyliondancer

And in RL:

Sky

About Me:

Well thats always the hardest part to put into a nutshell...

My interests are incredibly varied and broad. Over the course of my life I have wanted to be a: jet fighter/then space shuttle pilot, scientist of various specialties, from geologist (rocks and minerals) to biologist (botany, herpetology, cellular), to (deep) ecology, acoustical engineer, eco-design and architeture, sustainable MBA and the list goes on.

When I was 18 I rediscovered my love for dance, movement, the intricacies of the human body and how we interact with gravity and lines of force. While in a grad program for eco-architecture I realized I had WAY too much energy to sit at a drafting table so rededicated myself to dance and bodywork Its the answer to that question about what work you would do if you had all the money you ever wanted or that you would do regardless of being paid.. Its taken me the last couple of years but I am finally moving (this month) to San Francisco to get down and serious about dance and acrobatics.

For work I practice massage therapy so if my posting rate ever gets low its probably because my hands are sore ::smile .

Someday I will return to my love of chemistry, biology and romantic spanish guitar but for right now Im all about conditioning my body while it is young (26.)

Oh yeah...gaming!

So right now the majority of my gaming is here on the forums. Playing "superheroes" has always been my favorite genre, even when playing in other genres (WoD, sci-fi etc.) and aberrant is one of my favorite takes on it. Im stoked to have found a group here, its difficult to find a table-top version and even more difficult to make time should I actually find one ::wacko )

We have been playing a regular Rifts game using the Marvel Superheroes Advanced rules (a HUGE improvment for all you players out there cursing the time-consuming, inconsistent, arbitrary and non-sensical approach to game design that is Palladium books...please PM me if you would like details on the conversion and the Marvel rules are available for free download online!)

Fantasy wise I love Warhammer fantasy ROLEPLAY (not battle!), I have two whole shelves of White Wolf books and a third of Rifts. Have also enjoyed playing with the Hero System and old-school traveler Sci-fi.

Oh yeah and Im a Robotech nut as well as many other Anime (aside from the usual Akira, GitS etc. I like Gasaraki, Bubblegum Crisis (original), Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Armitage III, Big O, and many more)

Backpacking, nature, long walks on the bea...oh wait...different profile... ::tongue

So theres some tidbits, hope you enjoyed and Ayre, thanks for that Dr. Pepper!

Cheers! ::ultracool

Don't forget buddy, from the ages of 12-18 or so you wanted to construct and live in a wizards tower! LOL

...ok so do I.

Don't forget buddy, from the ages of 12-18 or so you wanted to construct and live in a wizards tower! LOL

...ok so do I.

...made of solid spiraling emerald magicalliy sculpted whole from the earth....

oh and that would fall under the eco-design and architecture... ::ultracool

• 8 months later...

So I want to say Hello, too ::smile

My Nick is Arashi ... anotherone I use is ArashiNoYuki.

Real name is Volker ... I'm currently 27 years old ... live in Mainz near Frankfurt in Germany ... studying Geography ... Hobbys are rpg, watching DVD, going to the movies, clubbing (mostly Gothic, Electro), swimming, Poi, Aikido ...

I'm playing rpg since I was 12. My favourites are Trinity, Mage - The Ascension, DSA and Legend of the five Rings.

In some time (when university gives me enough free time ...) I will master a series of Trinity adventures :) So I searched for a forum to exchange with other gamemaster and found this forum ::smile

I especially like the idea that you write some new ebooks for Trinity and hope that I can participate a bit :)

Welcome to the boards Arashi!! ::welcome

Glad to have you on board!

A word of warning however; most of the Trinity e-books seem to be on hiatus at the moment. As far as I know the only e-book still under regular development is The New Flesh for the Aberrant setting.

Of course, none of that means you can't recruit some volunteers and start a project of your own, should you desire to. ::sly

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, name's Superhuman. I was having trouble logging onto White Wolf's forums (where my poster name is Donighal), so I came here for a "fresh start".

• 7 months later...

Looks like this one's been dead (or at least mortally wounded) for a while, but here goes anyway. If nothing else, it'll give me something to point at when people roll their eyes at my occasional twinkish questions and postulations.

Name: Snackula ...Yes, that's a combination of 'Snack' and 'Dracula'. Long story.

Also Known As: Snacky, Snackyslice, H.R. Snackenstuff, you get the idea. Basically any derivative of Snacky, which my best friend started calling me after reading The Mask Strikes Back. Okay, guess that wasn't a long story after all...

Born: April 7, 1979

All About My Damn Self: I'm currently attending the University of New Mexico, working on a dual major in Religious Studies and Cultural Anthropology. I'm a heavy smoker, heavy drinker, and I spend way too much of my time and money singing karaoke down at the cantina. Somehow despite that, I still manage good marks in my classes. I'm also obsessed with comics, mostly of the Vertigo line, in case you couldn't guess by my avatar.

All About My Damn Role Playing: *deeeeep breath* I first started role playing in middle school, when someone bought me the D&D board game that was supposed to introduce you to the system. That was pretty much the start of my full-blown eruption into slack-bastardry. I eventually 'graduated' to AD&D, and went on to run one of the most retarded campaigns since the invention of dice. It was fun, but I'm probably one of the worst DMs/STs/etc you'll ever waste time playing with. Anyway, I eventually moved on to Vampire, which I thought was pretty cool at the time. Heh. After that, I explored all the other aspects of WoD, but only ever actually played them in a MUSH setting. That's a Multi-User Shared Hallucination, for anyone that doesn't know - a form of text-based online role playing. Finally, I discovered TRINITY(!) when it first came out - I still have my copy with the title that rhymes with crayon. Ever since, I've been hooked on all three eras of the Trinity Universe, to the point of buying every single book and pestering the retailers when they didn't have them. And yet, I've only ever played it twice. Once when I tried to ST an Aberrant game (would've worked out fine, but it fizzled out when our schedules got tough), and once when I talked my brother into STing an Adventure! game (would've worked out fine, but he refused to read the damn rulebook). Other than that, I briefly tried to build a Trinity-based MUSH, but couldn't get enough interested people on board. Now I just content myself by thinking up interesting characters in my spare time, and occasionally thinking about giving it another go if I can ever find the time. *wheeze*

Oh. And I nearly wet myself with glee when I found this site a few days ago. I only wish I had thought to look for it earlier.

I guess that's all I can think of to say. We now return you to your regularly scheduled dead air, already in progress.

• 4 weeks later...

Rorx is a tag I've used since the early 80's, although originally on computer games.

My name is Roy Williams and I was born in 1968. I started on Runequest 2ed and Traveller at the age of 13, so I've been roleplaying for 27 years this year. In that time I've played, run or just plain collected about 70 different systems/titles/editions.

I lurked on the site for several years off and on, before finally deciding to post something and registering.

I look forward to playing and/or running some games here.

Jesus Roy! You've been gaming for as long as I've been living! ::blink Sorry, hope that wasn't a bad thing to say... ::unsure

::ultracool Thats alright, I remember the stunned silence that went around a reunion of my university game club when we realised the new intact of students (freshers) were born after the first Star Wars film was released!

Or at my last job I was there for 17 years, so I started there when the new graduates joining the company were just starting school. ::laugh ::devil

• 4 months later...

Re: The red-box basic D&D set-

It's certainly nice to know that we've got other folks around here who have played that back when it was new. I remember getting it when I was 10-12 years old (circa 1982-1984), & I've been gaming off & on ever since.

Sorry Sprocket, I started on Runequest 2nd Ed and Traveller. I'm still not keen on classes. ::biggrin

I don't think I picked up a copy of D&D until about 10 years ago, in a single HB book.

Howdo, real name Ben Rogers, born in 1974 which coincidentally was teh year the first RPG I ever played was publsihed. Good Ol' Tunnels and Trolls. I did wait until I was eight before I began playing though :)

I cut my rpg teeth on T&T and Laserburn (the system that was the major influence on Warhammer 40,000's setting) and went on to miniatures gaming in 1984 with Warhammer Fantasy.

Since then I've run most major systems and many many more obscure ones*. The AEon stuff is still my firm favourite with the various Marvel superheroes RPGs next in line.

* off the top of my head (and in no particular order) the list would be:

Tunnels & Trolls, Laserburn, Dark Heresy, Trinity, Aberrant, Adventure!, Basic D&D, AD&D, Conan, Starship Troopers, Shadowrun, Cyberpunk, Dark Conspiracy, TORG, Starwars D6, Starwars D20, Star Trek, MERP, Lord of the Rings, GURPS, Hellboy, CORPs, Traveller, MegaTraveller, Runequest, Stormbringer, Hawkmoon, Aliens, Dragon Warriors, Paranoia, Prime Directive, Metabarons, Babylon Project, Marvel Superheroes, Marvel Adventure Game, Marvel Universe, DC Universe, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, TMNT & other strangeness, Fuzzy Heroes, Ghostbusters, Deadlands, Castle Falkenstien, Mechwarrior, Jovian Chronicles, Mekton, 7th Sea, Legend of the Five rings & Bushido.

I'm sure I've forgotten some now...

Some more came to me:

Warhammer FRPG, Fading Suns, Vampire, Werewolf, Mummy, Wraith, Mage, Exalted & Exalted 2nd Ed.

Grief...how much money have I sent on these things over the years???

Archived