My Day Yesterday!

Aeon

I just want to release my agony to you guys - and dare one of you to come up with a way that I could have improved it.  Probably an easy task.

When I got to school, my RE teacher asked me to allow a Danish person to shadow me for the day.  I agreed, because this teacher allows us to role-play after school in her room.

I come back later with other pupils to find the milling Danes.  We are paired off arbitrarally, and I get a blonde girl called Durder, who has such a lage bust that she will probably suffer from severe back problems at a young age.  She has to follow me around for double free and then double maths.

During the double free, she wants to hang around with her friends, so I have to hang out with "cool" people in my year for TWO hours.  Talking about Eastenders and what type of bleeding mobile phone they have.  And I have not got on to EON yet.  Damn.  That, and I am trying to maintain the impression that I am not the biggest geek on Earth as I am hanging around these people.  And Durder's English sounds like a strangled duck trying to speak.

This goes OK, though I feel more uncomfortable that a paedo in a nursery school.  At double maths, Durder speaks very loudly in Danish to her friend accross th room, and now my Maths teacher dislikes me intensely.  Oh crap.

Finally she is gone after lunch, and no more people think that I am a geek.  Then I am drafted on to the chess team for reasons that are hard to explain.  The mahs genius at the school loses, but I win my game after TWO AND A HALF HOURS!  This also wins the school a titile.  And I am praised at assembly in FRONT OF ONE THOUSAND PEOPLE FOR BEING GOOD AT CHESS!  My facade of not being a geek is broken.

SOOOO, now that I have poured out my angst - how could the day have been made better?   ???

huddle close to me child and listen well, for I shall now impart a few of Mals patented words of wisdom:

1. If this Danish girl was attractive there are much more appropriate ways of spending a free period (the Danes are constantly horny after all) shame on you for not taking advantage of a perfect opportunity.

2. Hanging around with the 'cool' people. hmm its not so bad if you speak their lingo, next time you speak to them try inserting the following words and phrases liberally into the conversation: Hey hip cats! Word! What up G? I've got a Nokia 4710. Isn't Pop Idol great!

3. Danish girls sounds like a strangled duck trying to speak, so shut her up (see point 1)

4. She is embarrasing you in Maths, remind your peers and teacher that she is from Denmark and cultures being different they always talk loudly in Maths classes and why dosen't everyone try it in order to make her feel welcome.

5. Finally, the chess thing. Always be proud of your achievements. So much so that as your name is announced in assembly take the opportunity to stand in front of the assembled masses and inform them that they should "all swear immediate fealty to me for I am indeed a prince among men, a mighty titan that conquers all chess competitions, lord of all chequered boards that I survey, king of kings, bow before me mortals or suffer the consequences, you insignificant little bar5tards!"

Hope that helps

Mal

:turn

Archived