Trinity Universe: Absolute Zero Space Station

CHILL

Well... I've found in my time on this station that somethng is always happening to keep one entertained.

Earlier this year there was a pirate attack on the station - nasty bunch of raiders that call themselves 'The Tribe' - almost did us in as well, if it wasn't for the {{dripping with sarcasm}} heroic Strike Team Raptor that saved the day.

One of my personal favourite passtimes is taking in the activities to be had in The Pulse Nightclub.  It opens late and closes early - the two owners are possibly two of the most.......interesting......people I've met.  OK, not the one so much but Robin is quite facinating once you get to know him.

Then there's 'Subzero' - if you can call it entertainment.  It really is the most dangerous part of the station.  The Yakuza have taken up residence down there....... and then there was that whole, erm, TA0 cultist thing a whilst back.

You know they bombed the Aeon Office?

{{grinning with glee}}

Like I said - it can get a little busy here :)

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ADMIN NOTICE

Righty then - a big update here (well, it took bloody ages to do properly).

You now have 4 new fields in your profile - these new fields are used for In Character purposes.  They are:-

Character Name:

Current Game:

Appearance:

Description:

You can add your own by going to your control panel, selecting personal settings, then edit your profile.  Fill in the blanks and hey presto!

You can view peoples character details by clicking on the members button on the top of each page, or the 'profile' button attached to each post made by a member.

I know having more than 1 character entry would be good - but we'll live with this for a bit first - it took long enough to do.

To see an example, click on my 'admin' profile under the members list

{{sniff}}

Well, the way I heard it, was that the Fuyoushi Advisory Council - erm, they're the authorities here - did a deal with the Legions directly to get a single team of their guys and gals out here for 'patrol' purposes.  The way I figure it, the FAC gets some additional protection fro pirates and the like, and the Legions - well, I suppose some presence out here is better than none at all.  Raptor is pretty much at the beck and call of the FAC - although I hear rumours of some seriously heated debates between the commander, Jazz Dandett, and the rest of the FAC about where she and her team can and can't go.

They have little to no authority on the station itself though.  The only thing they can call their own is the Legions Spacedocks - where no-one else is allowed.

As for TA0 - well that was very, very nasty business.

For one reason or another a series of homeless, crack-heads and other down-and-outs formed a 'cult of personality' of sorts around a powerful individual known as TA0.

These cultists semed to want to take the station as their own, and made attacks against the Promenade - they bombed the Aeon Office, and atacked the property of dozens of businesses - and the TAO Cultists made a teriffyingly effective attack on the Fuyoushi Police Force - something like 100 of them were murdered in various atacks over the course of a single night.

In the end the Cultists were defeated, even the Legions were allowed to deploy a single VARG in the height of the attacks - gives you an idea of how bad it got.

As for this TA0 himself - well, we never heard a thing again from him/her/it/them since the cultists were defeated.

I presume that TA0 was never really a person, more a well, a religion or an idea of sorts.

Nasty business it was I can tell you.  Business on the station dropped by 80% in the worst weeks of the TA0 incidents.  It took Aeon something like two months to get set up again - they had to send replacement personnel, rebuild their offices etc.

A's eyes mist over briefly as he recalls the weeks of desctruction at the hands of the TA0

Like I said - nasty business.

What do these... TAO?... cultists worship or belive to make them so dangerous and hurt people? Do they have a problem with the FAC?

Do you know how many Psions there are on this station? There... there's no... (gulp) Aberrants around this station, are there? One reason I came here was to get away from Aberrants on Earth and the colonys.

OOC: what happend to every one else???

whispers barely audibly - almost to himself

aberrants........not anymore

His voice resumes its normal tones

TA0 - well, from what I hear, TA0 was supposedly a person of immense power, capable of destroying the powers that be on this station - for reasons quite unclear to everyone.  Especially the powers that be :)

The Cultists were the real problem I think.  They were a violent bunch of fanatics.  For reasons that were never fully explained to the populace at large they attacked many areas of the station.  They had a habit of scrawling grafitti declaring the name of 'TA0' for all to see.

I'm still not entirely certain why they started doing what they did anyways - and how they managed to get so far before the FAC did anything about it.  

The individual TA0 - if he existed at all - remains a mystery.  There are no documented sightings of him, and I suspect that the word TA0 is a name for the ideaology of the Cultists.

Either way, they have now been removed, and the whole TA0 thing is no longer a problem.

*Umanju watches them talk.... a pirate group called 'The Tribe' sounds vaugely familiar.  He scratches his head and then it  comes to him, two years ago when he did one of his stints that would have pissed off any proxy, especially his.*  The Tribe?  They are absoultely one of the worst pirate groups ever, I still owe them like 18,000 yuan worth of damages and equipment.  Now if your talking about some real Pirates go a bit closer to Earth, thats where good pirates are, people I actually pay back for fixing my ship and all.  *Umanju seems to be seriously hinting towards the fact he has delt with pirates before, and that he may even be one himself, an arrogant freak like him usually seems like pirate material, especially with the way he doesn't really care much about paying for anything.*

Umoja:  If you have had an........encounter......with The Tribe, I suggest you take it carefully on the spacelanes near the station.  What is left of them are hidden out in the Belt, but I hear they have been building up strength again since their last attack on this station.

{{sniff}}

They are not to be trifled with - especially their leader - a real nasty piece of work if I do say so myself.

Ed: You are a perceptive fellow aren't you......

thinks to himself for a minute whilst 'assessing' Ed

You know {{sniff}} I may have more work for someone with your skills Ed.

a frown crosses his face

trust me when I say, its best not to go looking for taht kind of trouble

{{sniff}}

As for work, well, I have a.......erm..... a delivery business that requires the transportation of goods to various parts of this station.... I have other business interests as well....

What can you do my friend?

for a brief moment 'A' seems a little distant.....as he slowly looks around the room, for a brief moment his eyes focus on the cloaked stranger at the bar......

hmmmmm.

he turns back to Ed......

Sorry, what was I saying.....?

A:

“Sorry, what was I saying.....?“

{IC action. What does the cloaked man smell like? What does the cloak look like? Body language, Height? Does it have a male’s center of gravity, or a female’s? Healthy body language? Stands straight?  Shoulder length? Type of foot wear? Do the figure’s steeps sound heavy, as in carrying a lot of weight for it’s size? Things like that. This character is an expert at profiling.}

{“Ed’s” stomach let’s out a thunderous growl! Almost everyone in the grill can hear it except for the drunken minors passed out at the bat. “Ed” covers his stomach out of embarrassment, and trying not to draw attention to itself any more than a living “mummy man” does naturally.}

{Thoughts: “Ed” thinks about “A’s” job offer. It is tempting, given that “Ed’s” stomach feels like it is digesting itself, and “Ed” tires of the “food” it has been rummaging in dumpsters. But, he has heard “A’s” words used by several others, and is nervous about selling it’s soul again. Than again, “A” does obviously know things… maybe things useful to “Ed” in the long run…}

You wear asking me if I was able to do… tasks for you I believe. I am interested in delivering things for some reasonable money.

If it interests you, I am interested in doing a major “job” for no money, but for information. This… Aberrant thing you mentioned worries and interests me. I have no intention of getting into what ever trouble is involved with it, or in trouble with whomever is involved with it. I just want to know so I may stay away. {“Ed” shakes a little with a minor shiver, like it is remembering things.} I have seen an Aberrant once, and I have no intention of seeing another.

EVER.

{{sniff}}

Well we cant have that can we.....

Make a selection of food from the digimenu, dont get to greatful, it'll come out of your 500 yuan - the cred chip gets insertd right ....... there

'A' illustrates by pointing

Firstly, lets get this out of the way - do NOT ask me about Aberrants again.

for a brief second 'A's demeanour changes to one of absolute menace and then returns to normal....

As for 'deliveries' - yes I have something you culd do for me, but we'll leave the major stuff for later on I think - as you seem to prefer to trade in information, I'll keep my information to myself for the moment.  But I am more than happy to provide informationcommensurate with services provided - there is a lot about this station that I know - more than some people would like.....

A:

“Well we cant have that can we.....”

(In a whisper, but with force.)

NO. I can not.

:sneaky2

“Make a selection of food from the digimenu, don’t get to grateful, it'll come out of your 500 Yuan - the cred chip gets insertd right ....... there.”

I… think I will wait for latter, but thank you.

(“Ed’s” stomach protests loudly with a series of gurgles, but they are suppressed and ignored. “ed” needs cash.)

“Firstly, lets get this out of the way - do NOT ask me about Aberrants again.”

{Bemused calm, as if waiting for “A” to lose it a little.}  :whatsthat   :bored  

I can appreciate that. Can’t be dragging out skeletons out of closets, now can we? Perhaps I should show more tact. My apology.

“As for 'deliveries' - yes I have something you could do for me, but we'll leave the major stuff for later on I think - as you seem to prefer to trade in information, I'll keep my information to myself for the moment.  But I am more than happy to provide informationcommensurate with services provided - there is a lot about this station that I know - more than some people would like..... “

I only trade in true secrets, but cash will suffice. I can specialize in delivering to dangerous places. Anything short of a reactor core is possible for me. But, it will never be cheep for those “special” deliveries.

Also, I do not like creed chips. Cash is preferable.

Your thoughts? :bored

OOC:

Proghead:  Yes you can.  If you have any questions before 'diving in' please private message me or email me.

You would find the Absolute Zero Players Guide useful if you are able to download it.

Admin Notice: EVERYONE WELCOME

:D

*Umanju stays silent, the words about the pirates made him slightly un-easy and this man seems to know a lot more then it would appear.  Hell, he may even know about his ship! Umanju tries to play it cool though and just listen, slowing his  thinking to a crawl. In his absence of mind he begins to lightly drum on the table and mutters some quiet song in Swahili* ...Mpenzi wa kari bishiwa-a-a.... *He stops seeing that the other two are staring at him and he goes back to listening again*

'A' turns in the direction of the cloacked man at the bar with a grin

"Oh, Robin.  For pity's sake you know you are welcome at my table.  Why don't you take a seat?

turn and 'whispers' conspiritorily to Ed

If its information you're after - then information just walked into your life

notices Umojo drumming his fingers, and seems pleased when he stops after being noticed

*Umanju smiles at Robin, another person who can listen to his bragging! He quickly holds his hand out towards Robin hoping he will shake it.* Hey the names Umanju, fastest pilot this side of Alpha Centuri, beat the Chinese out of Mars gravity twice!  Flew past a sub-space rip and even defended a pirate enclave for a rouge squad from the FSA, if transports what you needy, you got me as the rafiki. *Umanju smiles really loving the lameness of himself*

ooc:

:Sleepy  :Sleepy  :nervous  :lookaround  :sarcasm  :happy  Ah! There is life!

IC: "Ed" looks sheepishly at Robin, not sure how to act at all and obvioulsy nervous. "A" seems to respect this man, so that sugests to "Ed" that he must be manipulative as well.

OOC: I've noticed my IC profile ollows me to add an IC name, and a quote, but not a discription. Odd.

OOC to Ed:  Yerrr - it works partially sometimes as well :(

IC:

{{sniff}}

Ed, you don't need to be nervous, Robin is a.......... a friend of mine.

'A' seems to noticably relax and perhaps even let his guard down around this Robin character.

Robin smiles at A's comment of being his friend and then taking Umanju's hand and shaking:

"A pleasure, you sound like quite an expert, Im sure your talents will be more than used to their fullest on AZ"

Robin dosen't look towards A, but everyone at the table gets the impression that Robins attention is directed at him for a brief second.

Turning to the bandaged man:

"My name is Robin Teller, I co-own the Pulse night club, and you I believe are an artist of what appears to be extraordinary skill, I haven't seen work like yours since leaving Luna. But do excuse me, I didn't catch your name?"

catch your name?"

Ub, ah, um… (“Ed” fumbles with words, until remembering that stupid name tag on the coat, “Ed” smiles to itself for a brief moment under it’s bandages about the personal irony of the name… )

(“Ed” points to the name tag on the crusted lab coat.)

People call me that.

Robin smiles at eds remark.

"Its refreshing to find such originality and... honesty in someone. There is plenty of life on the station, thats for sure, what with normals, psions, the Qin... the occasional Aberrant"

Robin doesn't wait for a reply

"So Umanju, where did you train? or perhaps... self taught?"

:nervous  Aberrants?! Where?!  :cry  {"Ed" screams. Half the busy bar can hear it.}

{"Ed" panics, slides under the table, shaking uncontrollably. The free drink "A" bought him violently spills over the side of the table. It drips off the table's edge, with "Ed's" icy green eye staring out, bulging with panic. It’s body rooks back and forth. A soft, child like whisper can be heard, mumbling to itself...}

...not again. i'll be good i promise. i'm sorry, i'm sorry, i'm sorry...

{"Ed" hums a melody to itself. It sounds like a child’s lullaby.}

Standing in the entrance, watching somewhat bemusedly at the bandaged little street freak´s temper tantrum is the platinum-haired woman. She seems composed of stark black and white due to the light palettes of her hair and complexion and the ultra-black of the Kostbaar long coat.

(ooc: Description follows, as the option does not seem to work as of yet:)

She is a tall woman, even more so due to the massive heels on her plateau:d Morteaux boots, her thin though feminine shape draped in the ultra-black embrace of a Costbarr figure-sewn long coat; tres chic, and in sharp contrast to her platinum white curls.

A set of semi-organic , matte silvery visors encases her eyes and shields them from view. Behind these visors, a pair of icy blue eyes moves this way and that, shaping a collective whole out of the disparate nuances that make up the room.

She is quite beautiful, in a cold and somewhat detached way; you could almost imagine her to be nothing but a construct, a chimaire of ice cut out by a master sculptor. Slender body, thin and delicate features, that quite-exotic touch of her posture... she looks both sharp and fragile, like a plate glass dagger.

Currently, she is standing with one hand on her hip, raising an eyebrow at the spectacle at hand, before resuming her stroll over to the bar. As she does so, she keeps her eyes locked at the little bandaged something-or-other for quite some time.

ooc:Oh, and hello to everyone. Happy holidays. Sorry about the long delay on my part.

OOC:  :turn  Welcome back! I was woundering if people want to use the "Your Interests" section for "Character Discription" and "Character Apperance" untill they are working?

OOC Humor: I wounder if everyone is going to wind up at the bar?  :tounge2

OOC Question: Anyone know where I can find a better Advatar on the net? The character is not supposed to be THAT ugly. (Using goblin LOTR advatar as of this post.)  :happy

Archived