Trinity Universe: Absolute Zero Space Station

CHILL

This game takes place on Absolute Zero Space Station between the events of the Huang Marr conspiracy (Darkness Revlead trilogy) and the Invasion of Chrome Prime.

UPDATE - that means BEFORE the return of the teleporters!!!!  Just in case this needed clearing up :)

Full details of the setting can be obtained by downloading the Absolute Zero Players Guide from the Trinity Campaigns section of Europnet.

Welcome to the Fuyoushi Space Station promenade -  I am Orchidware Natsuko (call me Natty!).  I am the agent for the station, you can reach me at any of the Zeronet terminals dotted around most of the station levels.

Let me guess the reason for your arrival....  business AND pleasure?

Well, you've come to the right place, if its a ship refit, general supplies, privateer contracts or rare (ahem) weapons, then you'll find it ALL on Absolute Zero, known as A-Z to the 'locals'.

As you're on the Promenade, why don't you take a look around the markets, or how's about a beverage in the Drunken Aberrant Bar and Grill?..... no?......  well you could try 'The Cove', but you'd better know how to look after yourself!

Oh, you can't huh?  Well, don't worry, the Fuyoushi Police Force & ISRA office is just over there - they usually help out if someones in a spot of bother.......usually

Just a quick final word, keep your money (that's right MONEEEYY - cred chips don't work here!) well hidden, a lot of unsavoury types hang around here you know.....

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a poorly lit booth near the entrance to The Cove, a dark skinned man with piercing blue eyes and a neatly trimmed jet black beard sits, watching the activity of the Promenade with his hawklike gaze.

the man takes in the scene....every detail.....every motion

To the attentive observer, he occasionally sniffs as if clearing his senses.....

Robin Teller is a white, european male in his mid twenties, he has an athletic, if slightly malnourished build. He is dressed in a simple black Kostbarr suit (last seasons) His short black hair looks tousled so as to assume he has just got out of bed; he has in fact been awake for over five hours.

He stands on the top level of the promenade, outside the PULSE nightclub which he co-owns, looking down to the bustling market floor below. Passers-by would consider him distant; he dosen't appear to be looking at anything in particular, in truth however, Robin Teller sees everything and although he has yet to look in the direction of the Cove, he is aware of who its shadowy patron is.

Jose steps lightly off the docking platform and smooths the back of his shirt.  Checking to see that he his still on time, the smartly dressed man picks up his briefcase and wanders on to the promenade.

He is in his late twenties and sports a black suit and red tie.  A pair of designer sunglasses are perched upon his nose.  He has a healthy latin American tan and walks with purpose.

OOC - Me gatecrash game...   :cool

The figure near just inside The Cove spots Robin on the Promendae top level balcony, and nods in quiet recognition as eyey contact is made.

Although his shadowed face remains impassive, he seems to smile with just his eyes.

speaking to Robin

As if i'd be up here for any other reason

I have a...........  meeting...

Anyways, wheres your whore?

She normally tags along with you for reasons I _still_ don't understand.....

You get one you get the other it seems...

seems to notice the gent in the black suit and red tie

Jose heads on to the promenade, but quickly realises that the plans of the station that he saw before and very different from the reality of the bustling station.  Looking for somebody to ask directions from, he notices the two gentlemen who seem to be watching him.  Assessing the risk of talking to them for a few seconds, he approaches and asks, "I don't suppose you could direct me to the Promenade restaurant.  I am late for an appointment."

warily looks at Jose slowly front top to toe

Restaurant......  well, You can get a drink in here {{indicates behind him to The Cove}}, or of course you might be talking about the Drunken Aberrant Bar and grill which is over there on the other side of The Promenade.

{{sniff}}

Be careful though - Jake, the owner, he's a bit of a.........well, just be careful.

You look like a new arrival, don't ask me how I can tell, but you do seem to _look_ like a tourist......  you'd best watch your back on this station, or get someone to watch it for you....

.... you can't count of the Fuyoushi Police Force (FPF) if you know what I mean.........

{{grins}}

Jose returns the strangers steely gaze, evaluating how dangeous he is.

"I can look out for myself.  Thank you for the directions," says Jose and heads off at a brisk pace towards the Drunken Aberrant Bar.  He must remember not to keep his clients waiting.

watching the stranger leave

Hey Robin......

turns head and notices Robin has walked off

huh!, typical....  i know you can still here me Robin, do an old friend a favour and ask Lo Mai to come and visit me,

{{sniff}}

we need to talk about Sable.

Godrfey is in his early thirties 6' 2" tall towering above most of the residents of the station.  He is broad shouldered and a beefy kind of guy, broken nose and features only a mother could love, his appearance puts most people in mind of a bouncer.  Wearing a long coat he seems to move with any easy stride, though the promenade towards the Pulse, a complete contrast to what he seems a towering brute.

*The Prime Threat Aberrant Twink God from #### teleports onto the station. He gets a bite at "The Drunken Aberrant" Bar because he has heard they have the best chicken wigs in this section of the solar system. He tips the waitress generously and vanishes, only saying this cryptic phrase... *

"Your dogs and cats of today are my chicken wings of tomorrow..."

*...And he is gone. The owner looks a little green about his secret being out, but relaxes when he realizes the Prime Threat Aberrant's social Difficulty increases have made his words seem to cryptic to common observers. Rumors go about the station for weeks about people’s pets being controlled by Aberrant mutants, as no one can except that the Aberrant’s words could mean such an obvious answer. *

OOC - Argh, yes sir!  

:nervous

IC - Jose reaches the grill and surveys the customers.  Nobody matches the photograph of his client.  Glancing down at his watch, Jose realises that by some miracle, he is actually slightly early.  Taking a small booth at the end of the Grill he orders a drink and keeps up the facade.  It is easiest to act like an utter idiot and completely naieve than to reveal himself as streetwise.  He remains seated and awaits the arrival of his client, watching the door eagerly.

OOC - If anyone wants to take up the role of the "Client" then send me a private message.

Godfrey decides to catch a game and a proper meal before heading up to the Pulse.  He surveys the clients of The Abberanrt Bar and Grill to see if anyone he knows is in.  As he orders for Jake a burger with all the trimings, but no tail he had enough of that Down Below.  With a sigh he seems to relax but always has an eye on the door.

Godfrey & Jose see a mad bag lady walks into The Drunken Aberrant Bar & Grill. She has a crazed look in her eye and stats ranting.

"The Aberrants! The Aberrants are after your pets! They can control there minds! They are working against us! Don't trust your pets! They serve a darker master than you realize! Fluffy is working against you!  We must act! We must stop fluffy! Stop fluffy! Stop..."

She is cut out as the owner drags her out and throws her out not-so-gently.

Some of her spit lands on pore Jose's suite before she is dragged away. After a while, people resume their business.

There seem to be several mad-homeless people who now rant madly about conspiring pets and animals after the mysterious appearance of what seems to have been an Aberrant on the station.

One of them is caught breaking into people's quarters and stealing their animals, trying to interrogate the Aberrant secrets from them. The animals are returned, but a warning is issued that more mad people might try such an act, and people should guard their pets carefully.

OOC-

Right, I'm not in the best of health, can't sleep and am in a bad mood so this message is probably going to be far more vitriolic than it needs to be but still, here goes.

Message for Dr. O:

Please stop leaving ridiculous comments that would be much better placed in another thread, I'm all up for fun (as most will testify to) but this is, after all, supposed to be an in character game session and even though its held on line it still requires some decorum (I'm sure you wouldn't say such things if you were face to face with us all).

Your comments are inappropriate and imature,  I haven't seen such a blatant attempt at attention grabbing since Hitler decided the Nuremberg rally was a good idea.

Some one post SOMETHING!

This was just getting good before I got here.

I couldn't agree more

I apologise if I have offended you, like I say, I'm not in the best of moods, however I feel you have two options. Your next reply will either be in character, with just an ounce of thought placed into it, or you'll flame me to high heaven and continue in the manner we have so far grown accustomed to.

I hope it will be the former

OOC

Please do not offend me and than offer a token apology. It's sad. By the way, I have added more to this thread than you. Maybe you can debate it's quality after you contribute more.

Also, if you are sick and might write something hostile, and know it, DON'T WRITE. Personally, I see it as an excuse.

Now can anyone add something IN CHARACTER as apposed to OOC criticisms? If you wish to tell me I’m an idiot (or offer polite criticism), my E-mail is listed. I don’t like verbally fighting in the middle of an IC thread OOC. Spoils everyone’s mood and enjoyment.

Thanks.

P.S. And I said nothing offensive to anyone previously, thus I have no problem saying anything I have already spoken to anyone’s face.

And comparing me to Hitler is "inappropriate and immature." Please reframe from that.

We now return you to your scheduled broadcast.

OOC ADMIN NOTICE

Dr.0 - Just a quick note buddy - I set this thread up to be an in character game - on the A-Z setting, as detailed in the players guide downloadable from this website - your previous posts - whilst funny - have not really been inline with the setting, decide upon a character, and keep it in with the setting please.  Also, your point about OOC conflict - I agree, and actually you will find that Mal does - he was just responding to your previous 'funny, but not inline with the setting' posts, and your non 'OOC' marked posts about the functionality of this forum'.

There are threads to provide feedback (which I really want as much of as possible) in the 'Europnet' Category fron the forum front pages......

Senior Mal - get some sleep buddy, then you'll be back on form :)

Everyone: Okay - I know that some of you here like a good debate, that may even verge on a bit of a flamewar (Dr.0, Mal and myself included in that) - I do take notice of what we all post on other forums, so I was expecting this :)

How's about I set up a thread where we can get into some serious debating about a variety of Aeon (and other?) issues?  and we can leave others like Sid Blane, Chambo99, Aeon and the like to RPG here in the setting as it was intended (and we can of course, provided be abide by the setting material?)...

Let me know by Private mail if you want such a category set up, and i'll go ahead and do so today :)

Cheers Guys

Now, Back to the RPG'ing.

{{grins in Jose's direction}}

{{makes way to the Drunken Aberrant Bar and Grill and sites down directly in front of Jose}}

Ahem... my apologies, I need to take certain precautions with new arrivals - the photo you received is a fake..... but I see you are wearing the red tie, {{sniff}}, its good to see you can follow instructions.

What was looking like a fairly decent meal has now become a bit flavorless with the arrival of the sniffer and of course the doc.  Godfrey puts down whats left of his meal.  "Hi Doc."

He wispers "You seen who has just walked in?  I think we should keep an eye on the guy in the suit A is talking to."

"Are you sure that this is the best of places to meet?"  Jose looks at his suit, surveys the area and sniffs disdainfully.  "Surely there would be a more secure place to discuss matters than this," he pauses to think of the word, "establishment."

{{grins}}

Actually..... this place is no more or less safe than most places on this station.

{{sniff}}

Jake doesnt care what goes on as long as you pay the bill, that and you take the fights elsewhere of course.....  and the patron's have learned to mind their own business....

Now if we met in The Cove it would be expected that we were engaged in {{sniff}}...... underhand activities!

However, I see your point, and it seems that I'm attracting a bit of attention from a few.....ahem..... old friends

glances in the direction of Sid, Julian and Robin - {{grins}}

Lets get things started.......

Its not often I get an invite such as yours - i'm intrigued.

"I think we should leave now and follow the suit when he leaves?"  

"Robin you could probably do a better job than me or the doc, if you get my meaning."

With that said Godfrey ups and leaves heading up to the pulse.  With a glance back hoping the other 2 are leaving as well.

Looking over towards the men that A glanced at a second ago, Jose deliberately lowers the volume of his voice and unconciously leans slighlty closer to A accross the table.

"The Pai de Norca would like to make use of your... unique knowledge."

Jose pauses for one second in the hope of observing a reaction, but no major signal appears to give away A's response to the proposal.

"He has sent me to make this proposal and to invite you to visit him.  You will of course be... recompensed for any service that you could provide to the family."

Jose again pauses, trying to evaluate just how much a  monetary reward will actually sway A towards cooperating.

{{sniff}}

Forgive me, but it is not often that I get such offers.  

I have been meaning to build a more stable relationship with the shifters for some time, but there's never one out in the open when you're looking for them, if you know what I mean.

{{grins}}

I'm not in the habit of leaving A-Z though....... I......I would miss the charm of the place too much I think.

I'd need to know what the Pai might require of me, to force me to engage in 'off station' activites.  Its not {{sniff}} a matter of compensation you understand - I rarely have a need for payment...........

Archived