Trinity Universe: Any chance of a new game?

Asbjørn

I feel bad, I have tons of time on my hands... But no interest in doing a Trinity story...  Tell you guys what, I'll re-read the Trinity book and see how I feel. Maybe I'll have a change of heart. But IF I do tell a story, it's not going to be A+ material because I have very little experience with Trinity.

Dr. Arbitrary

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, wasn't paying attention to this thread...

I was planning on being in a abberant game but there hasn't been any activity there for a while.

I'm still feeling kind of indecisive. I've been thinking about a few story ideas but I really haven't come up with anything that has enough depth to really constitute a story.

if anyone has any prior experience with ST-ing for Trinity I'd appreciate a little help, I have one idea that is kind of neat, but I think I'll have a hard time putting in plot twists to make it interesting.

Basically the story is based in the space in our solar system. I only have the core book. What kind of threats are there within the solar system?

Well, I'm not even sure if I'll do the story, but while writing this I've come up with an outline of how the first part of the story will go.

The story will be goal oriented rather than social interaction oriented so I don't think character depth will be a big issue.

Dr. Arbitrary

Dr. Arbitrary

you can always look at the old trinity game, it's probably pretty well buried by now, but it's a place to start... also, if you're looking for setting, there is always Absolute Zero Station... that was were the last one was set before chill ran out of time to storytell for it... and you could either make up your own version of the station or talk to chill...

as for solar system threats, there are always aberrants, pirates are a good one out in the belt, industrial sabotouge, crime rings, rouge psions, etc...

hope that helps...

Well, the abberant game hasn't had any activity in a while so I guess I can devote some time to this.

First things. Who wants to participate. I also would appreciate a few character ideas. I think things would work best for me if everyone was independent (mostly because I don't have any information about the various organizations)

Let me know if you have any questions, comments, ideas, or insults.

Dr. Arbitrary

feel free to run with AZ as the setting if you like...  i've got bunches of notes lying around (ie, rather large folder full of em) for that setting that you can use, abuse, or ignore if you like.

..and im sure there' plenty of people here who'd be more than happy to lend a hand with general Trinity setting info.  ::thumbs-up

I think the all-independent group is a good idea. It gives other challenges than an order-plot, as well as force the players to find other reasons to stick together. I'm in. Haven't thought of a character concept yet, but I'll let you know soon. You thinking about using just psions or a mix? Any kind of characters you don't want in the story?

By the way: Not exactly a trinity veteran myself, but I have some time on my hands as well now that my exams are done (for now). If you need someone to brainstorm ideas with or to assist in the storytelling, just let me know.

Here's the deal guys, I'm willing to do a Trinity story, buy I would prefer to do Abberant. The Abberant story has been pretty much dead for the last month. (It's been about three weeks and there hasn't been a single post)

The question I have is, how many people want to play a Trinity game, and how many people just want to do anything in the Aeonverse.

By the way, If I do a Trinity game, everyone needs to keep in mind that I only have the Core book so bringing up info exclusive to the other books is a no-no. (As-As and Noetics are a different story as they are pretty much pubic knowledge) I just don't want anyone trying to explain to me how freeform Psi works mid-game or something.

Let's hear your opinions... I think I'll start a poll

Dr. Arbitrary

You know, doc... If you wanna do an aberrant story, go with that. I can't say I have a lot of experience with these things, but the storyteller has got to be motivated for this kind of thing to work. I think the real challenge with a forum-based online game is that it takes a lot of effort to keep the pace up so people don't lose interest. Goes without saying that having a ST who's only half motivated is a less than optimal starting point.

Actually, I think deciding on a pace for the game in advance is a good idea. Like 'unless you know you're going to be on the forum and post on the thread at least three times a week, don't bother signing up'. That's one way of avoiding potentially exciting scenes going on for weeks or even months just because people don't bother to post.

Back to the point: To answer your question, I've never played Aberrant, and would prefer a Trinity story. On the other hand, there's a first for everything, and I prefer having a motivated storyteller.

I know it's not much of an answer...

Wow, I just had a great idea. I think the trinity thing will work out, I still would like everyone who would like to participate to vote in my poll, (I have other plans for Abberant) but I have a pretty good idea for a story.

I'm considering looking for a volunteer to be assistant ST. I've never done a story in the Aeon timeframe but I did to a WoD once. I'll need some help making a few plot twists but I have a good idea of what the main plot will be.

I need to know who's interested in participating in the Trinity story.

So far the interested parties are:

Asbjørn

phoenix

Aninemity???

harlequin???

I'm a little worried about you phoenix... you've been on the forums for a while and only 4 posts... I suppose if you say that you will keep up with the game I'll trust you.

I'd like some character ideas, no sheets yet, don't waste your time until I'm sure about how I want to run the game.

I'll start a new thread with info

Dr. Arbitrary

i'd be happy to join either frankly... i have several pet ideas for trinity, but aberrant is also fun...

I might learn to play Adventure! eventually..

Is it a good game?

adventure rocks!!! i've been playing it for over a year now and it's well worth the money to pick up. it's basically written to be a full game in itself (they weren't expecting enough of a fan base to continue it) so all the information you need is in it.

Posting on the message board just didn't occur to me until recently.::lookaround

I set up an account at Eon and then forgot all about it when I finished reading the fanfiction section.

Actually, it took me forever to even remember my username- I eventually had to check the member list to find it out.

If I didn't use the same 2 or 3 passwords for everything, I probably wouldn't have been able to use it at all.. ::wacko

I'm kinda inexperienced, but I'll give it a try if you want me to.

Archived