Trinity Universe: PULP BRITANNIA!!

El Enano Gigante

Dr. Roscoe continues to peer at the red-robed men, finally pulling his own mask off, as to place his glasses back upon their rightful place on his head. "No, these aren't burglars." he states to Harald, quickly producing a length of silk rope with which to tie up the men- he'll get back to them later.

This done, slips after his blonde companion to continue his explaination. "They're Ninja. Stealthy Assassins- Japanese. I've had the misfortune of crossing paths with this particular bunch before. They're mercenaries, performing acts of murder and sabotage for the highest bidder. Obviously, there's someone behind this who wants someone in this house dead. The question is; Who?"

The good doctor ponders this for a few moments, then pushes his glasses further up his nose with a sigh. "Something tells me there's going to be a long list..."

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
\"Something tells me there's going to be a long list...\"

Really? I'm sorry, it's been a long time since i was in London, so I'm really not up to speed on current events. I've read about some of the members of the society, of course, but that's pretty much it, I'm afraid.

Stopping as he reaches the hallway on the ground floor, he turns to the man beside him. But i forget myself. My name is Harald Anker, and I've received an invitation to join the Aeon Society. I didn't realize you had this sort of... entertainment planned, or I would have come earlier.

Smiling, he puts the sword in his left hand and offers the right hand to shake.

"Oh dear, Sir's new suit appears to be ruined!"

"One moment, Henry, please. " Richard says, grimacing slightly from the leg wound as he feints a lunge and quickly follows up with a solid connection under the last thug's overextended weapon.

[4 successes on attack -1 = 3. and the second of the two goes down]

After checking them for any kind of identifying documents (or life ((unlikely)) Richard makes his way downstairs with Henry following him waving a 'gentleman's sewing kit' about.

-Knave

Richard checks the door to the basement (the only 'downstairs' from where he is), to find it securely locked.

Tony Blockall staggers to his feet and looks around the room, befire turning to his rescuers. "Thank you for your help. Had you not come along, I daren't imagine what would have happened."

He extends his hand, and makes the relevent introductions, before looking over at the man pinned to the far wall.

"Please, help me get this one upstairs. I have a few questions I'd like answered........."

Sure thing, Tony. we just happened to be in the right place at the right time. now, you should probably stay off your feet until we're sure all your mechanisms are running right.

Andrew helps Tony to his feet and props him up.

say, do you Brits see ninjas very often around here? they seem odd enough to be pretty rare.

MEANWHILE, IN THE CONFERENCE ROOM......

Morpheus returns, and finds himself somewhat taken aback by the spectacle that he sees.......

\"Good Lord!  I didn't see that one get past me.  Is everybody alright?\"

Joe glances at the good Doctor, then at Sato,

"Mr Sato seems to be broken."

he then looks towards the man he's still holding aloft,

"This gentleman thinks I'm 'demonic' apparantly."

he looks at Lady Sarah,

"Her Ladyship seems to be running smoothly, as do I."

"How are the others?"

After ahem...checking that no more came in through the basement (you can never be too careful after all) and staunching his leg wound with his pocket handkerchief, Richard and Henry make their way back to the conference room.

"We're alright.

After assessing the situation for another second Richard follows up with:"Do you suppose that fellow that you're holding is going to talk, or will you have to eat his brain to find out who he works for? I know how much you hate that." All this is spoken in a manner and tone which suggest polite, but casual sympathy with Joe's unfortunate potential chore.

-Knave

Dr. Roscoe shakes the offered hand with professional courtesy. "Dr. Robin Roscoe" he introduces himself- kinda odd to see a doctor decked out in a black jumpsuit- but then again, 'odd' isn't the half of what people do around these parts, really.

This done, he makes his way back towards the dining room, glancing at the crowd with a quirked brow. "They're Ninjas." he states to nobody in particular- possibly due to the whole question of just who these guys are. "...Has our friend Sato made any enemies in Japan as of late?" He's no Sherlock Holmes, but it doesn't hurt to ask, after all.

The man who enters the room together with Dr Roscoe is a tall, athletic gentleman who looks like he's spent most of his life outside. He's dressed in newly bought London fashion and at first glance there's nothing to set him apart from other gentlemen of his age, but to the observant it's obvious that he'd be equally at home sitting by a campfire or climbing up a mountain slope.

He's got blonde hair and a tanned, friendly face that has a look of concern as he takes in the scene. Not wanting to add to the confusion, he stands quietly by the door until people are calm and somebody takes command of the situation.

Joe glances at Richard Winston,

"Mr Winston, I'm afraid that you have been misinformed: I don't eat at all - I have no mouth. Do you find that consumption of human brain matter imparts information? Interesting, I haven't come across that before..."

He then notices Richard's leg for the first time,

"I'm afraid to say you seem to be leaking."

Turning to Dr Roscoe he asks,

"What is a 'Ninja'? Is this one?"

At that he shakes his prisoner in Dr Roscoe's general direction.

'Looking' (the lack of eyes makes that a rather subjective term) towards the athletic blond gentleman in the doorway he continues,

"Is that one?"

"GENTLEMEN!" calls Morpheus from the door "First things first, if we may. Tony, Paul; take Sato to his room. Dr Roscoe has said that he needs rest - let's ensure he gets some."

He walks around the table to Joe and his helpless captive

"Joe. If you would be so kind as to tie this miscreant to one of the chairs, perhaps we can find out what is going on here. Does anyone have a decent knowledge of either Mandarin or Nipponese?

Joe scans the room, then walks over to the window (broken glass cracking under foot), Ninja in hand, & retrieves one of the curtain cords. He then heads over to one of the chairs, plonks the hapless would-be-assassin squarely in it, & proceeds to use the curtain cord to bind him.

\"Mr Winston, I'm afraid that you have been misinformed: I don't eat at all - I have no mouth. Do you find that consumption of human brain matter imparts information? Interesting, I haven't come across that before...\"
\"I'm afraid to say you seem to be leaking.\"

"Ah, my mistake of course. Not to worry, its just a scratch." Richard says, all the while observing the cowering ninja very carefully.

Once the ninja is securely tied Richard excuses himself, only to return a few minutes later with all outward trace of his injury having vanished.

-Knave

Dr. Roscoe gives Joe a long, appraising look for a few moments. "...No. These men are not ninjas." he states, finally turning to observe the guy tied up in the chair. "...But he is."

This said, he steps forward, nodding to his fellow Doctor. "I'm fluent in Mandarin" he states, pushing his glasses up his nose. "Studied in Shanghai for several years, actually." This said, he heads over to the bound ninja, eyeing him warily.

At Roscoe's question, the bound man looks warily at Joe, glances at the Doctor, and then shifts his eyes back to the floor.

"A little." He sighs. "It not matter. I am dead man now"

Lady Loadham removes the man's dark red mask to reveal the scarred face of a man in his early twenties - much to Roscoe's surprise: a Chinese man......

Joe's mirror-polished face-plate follows Dr Roscoe's movements, then pans across the various people in the room, then to the ninja. If he had features you might say he looked in deep thought. As it is he just seems to be quiet, apart from the click & whir of internal cogs & gears.

At one point he glances at Mr Winston, then looks more closely at the ninja's head, then back to Mr Winston. He seems about to make a suggestion to Dr Roscoe (& the quiet clockwork noises speed up a bit), but thinks better of it (& they slow down to their usual pace)...

"We haven't killed you yet." Roscoe states in Chinese, attempting bedside manner against this obviously unwilling individual. "And we won't- Master Wong didn't believe in it." he drops the name of his deceased (though famous) mentor on purpose, in order to impress the strangely Chinese 'ninja'. "Tell us who sent you here- and why -and we can make sure that you and your friends are granted asylum."

Having said this bit of comforting information in Chinese, he glances about at the others present, sorely hoping that they're influential enough to back up his promise.

#"Your offers means little to me, westerner. The Tieh Shen has already come to pass judgement on my past crimes, "# with this he nods at Joe #"and even if I survive that judgement, my master will surely destroy me for my failure here."#

He sighs deeply, and looks Roscoe in the eyes

#"We were sent to bring the traitor, Sato Munji, back to our master. It is said that he has learned the location of the Black Tanto."#

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#translated from Mandarin#

#And just who is the Tieh Shen? And what is the Black Tanto?#

" He thinks *cough* that your friend with no face is a Chinese elemental. A spirit of justice come to make him *cough cough* pay for his transgressions*wheeze*"

Sato, the man who crashed through the window so dramatically, limps through the doorway, followed by Vaughn clutching his head.

"Sato decided he didn't want to rest ::sarcasm "

"The Black Tanto is an ancient artifact of my clan. My father hid it when the Chinaman seized control, and it was lost. It is said....that written on the blade are the secrets of life and death *cough, cough, cough*....I was in Germany looking for clues, when I learned that a scroll detailing it's location was to be auctioned as part of an estate clearance. *wheeze* The auction house was robbed before I could retrieve the scroll. I found that all of the oriental artifacts were shipped to London, but as I continued my investigations, the Munji attacked me. Please - *cough, cough, cough* the Tanto cannot be allowed to fall into the hands of The Chinaman.....*cough,cough,cough*............."

Joe strokes his brass chin with his glove-clad hand, as if contemplating something, softly muttering,

"Spirit of justice... I like the sound of that..."

Then he looks up at Sato,

"I do not understand the language this man speaks", he indicates the prisoner, "but he seemed to say 'Sato Munji' as if it were a name, & you call these intruders 'Munji', is there a connection? Are these Munji you're 'clan'? That is an extended family system, is it not? Why would members of the same family be fighting, I thought families were supposed to be nice to each other? Does 'ninja' mean the same as 'Munji'? Do you know where this 'Black Tanto' is now? Who, or what, is a Black Tanto? You said it had a blade, & was an artifact - is it like me? I don't have any blades..."

It seems like Joe doesn't have the need to stop for breath...

"I don't think I'm an elemental, although several elements must be used in my construction. Do you think I'm Chinese? I don't speak Chinese... What does it feel like to be Chinese, how could I tell... Is the Chinaman Chinese? It seems as though he should be, but things have become very confusing lately... Do you know where the scroll is? Who is the Chinaman? How should I make this man 'pay' for what he's done? What are his transgressions?..."

The sound of whiring cogs & gears is increasing in speed...

Andrew looks to Joe, then rests a hand on the smooth brass surface of Joe's shoulder.

Easy there, Joe, you sound like you're gonna pop a cog. You're clearly not Chinese, that much I can tell. Nor are you an artifact. I don't know what you are, but I don't think you fall into any category yet made.

As for his transgressions? I have no idea, I've never met the man. As to how you would make him pay, well, if you were a 'spirit of justice' like this ninja believed, I'm sure you would have probably already killed him.

The realization of what he's just said flashes across Andrew's face...

Don't kill him!! Should you take up being a Spirit of Justice, don't start by killing this man! Justice shouldn't work like that...

Coming over to Joe and Andrew, Harald is glad to enter a conversation in a language he understands...

Being a spirit of Justice is something every man should aspire to, in my opinion, but that is not the same as being an executioner. And i would be very surprised if not all of your questions will be answered, if you only give the man time to talk...

Hoping his words add to calming the obviously confused and possibly dangerous figure, his friendly face breaks into a smile as if he thought of something. Besides, gentlemen, there seems to be an even more important question than the ones you've just raised.

Turning to Sato he asks You say The Chinaman mustn't get his hands on this 'tanto', but why are these men here? Do they think you have it? And if so, who stole the scroll you spoke of if not these 'munji'?

The sound of Joe's internal workings lessens & slows at the calming words of Andrew & Harald,

"Thankyou both, my friends. You have given me much to think about. I'm glad that justice doesn't involve killing, I wouldn't want to hurt anybody, after all."

Dr. Roscoe takes a step back, sensing as if he's already gotten all the information that he can out of the red-garbed assassin for the time being. This done, he doffs his glasses to wipe them on the edge of his shirt, his demanor all the world like that of a typically bookish gentleman- albiet one clad in matte ninja black.

He glances around at the room, giving Joe an odd look. He'd have to be a mighty funny looking wind elemental, really. The good doctor shrugs, then replaces his glasses to their proper place on his nose.

"Well then, gentlemen...it seems that this dinner party's been cut short due to more...pressing, buisness."

Archived