New ST needed for current A! game

Aninemity

I'm reposting this for Heritage in a new thread so that hopefully it will get some more attention.

Here's a post I really hoped I'd never make, but in the back of my mind I knew would come someday; I just hoped it would have been later than sooner.

For several reasons, I don't think I'm going to be able to keep this game going. When I first started it, I was worried about this possibility becuase I put down my online Trinity game - well, actually I put it in the hands of a complete stranger, who then killed it. I regret the way that went down, and it was my fault for letting the sinister Porkchop Chuck take it over. Never trust a man named after meat.

I've recently got to a point in my life were I feel I won't be able to make anymore progress unless I'm willing to make a few sacrifices; I've got too many balls in the air right now, and I keep dropping them. After much consideration, I've decided to drastically reduce if not end completely my involvement in online games. I just don't have the time, and these long silences between my posts don't help to keep the game alive. Plus, with three other webheads living in the same house sharing one connection, it's hard to find the time.

So if at all possible, I'd like to hand the reins over to a qualified person who could keep this game alive better than I can, or take it in a completly new direction. I could email character sheets for the five NPCs I've been running, with a page of notes about what my plans are/were if said person wants to continue the story. To be honest, I don't have much - I did a considerable amount of 'winging it', which is okay for tabletop gaming but not so good for online play, at least in my opinion.

I had big plans for this story, but I never found time to sit down and hammer out the details. I'm running a huge tabletop Aberrant campaign that sucks up all my spare creative juices, which doesn't leave much left for Adventure. You guys deserve better.

I had given thought to picking one of the NPCs to play as a PC and sticking around, but I'm not sure that's such a good idea. For one thing, other than Johnny Atomo, who was basically built as a PC, the NPCs are all pretty powerful, since they were meant to be resources for the players to use; I just found Bethany so much fun to play that she maintained a pretty high level of involvement. I also don't want to say \"Yeah, I'll be a player now\" and then not show up for weeks at a time.

So with great regret, I'm looking for volunteers - is anyone interested?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived