LoTR CCG

CHILL

I picked up a couple of starter decks and a handful of booster packs for the new Lord of the Rings CCG this week - I don't yet have a clue how to play it (Mal, we'll have to give it a try  -  I get the gandalf deck!), but every card has stills from the movie - and it damn well _looks_ amazing.

Some of the scenery and the like is gonna rock in this film - lets hope the rest of it holds up as well (little thingies like the acting etc....)

Hey we all find "interesting" ways to lose money now and again.  There is no way that they will cash in on the CCG when the movie comes out - young children will never manage to get the hang of the rules.  Thats a shame, it is a more professional game that Pokemon or Harry Potter at least - and that would possibly mean that those kind of people would continue gaming in other forms once the hype had worn off, unlike Pokemon.     Dont Get It

hmmm...

sometimes it does look like certain CCG's are designed specifically to have a short lifespan.....  or that seems to be the trend these days...

main game, thre booster sets and then dumped - or maybe there's just an inherently short lifespan to these things - I mean, look how Wizards of the Coast diversified (massively!) after the shine (?) had worn off Magic: The Gathering....

:lookaround

Archived