Ravenloft D20 Edition

CHILL

Ok, purely for nostalgia purposes I bought the Ravenloft Limited Edition (which is £30 over here in the UK!)......

In fairness I've not properly read it yet, but as its an Arthaus book I thought i make some general scriblings about it.

1) Not worth the price.  The cover is, um, ok, but 30 quid for the limited edition, i dunno....  buy the unlimited version is my advice

2 Conversion to new d20 system - very well done, character details, magic alteraions all seem to have been handled very well - whilst keping in with the theme of ravenloft.

3) Dark Lords - there are NOT covered in the book - thats right, nada of any use on Strahd, Azalin etc etc.....  THAT is going to be a seperate book - VERY UNHAPPY ABOUT THIS considering the price....

Is it worth getting then:  kinda! - there is a lot of well written setting material, so you can start running games for d20 straight from this book (plus system books of course)....  just don't expect to do anything with the major villains until the next book comes out.........

Given the choice again, I'd have bought the unlimited version when id got some spare cash - rather than  going straight for this book.

Hopefully the other books will flesh out the setting, but you do get the feeling that there is a 'cash cow' in the making the way things have been left out.......

i'd give it a 3 out of five, because the price is very high, the limited edition cover isnt all that brialliant, and some decent stuff has been left out to go in other books (bucks?)....

Archived