Defeatist?

Aeon

This weekend I was rereading parts of the main Trinity book and Luna Rising (for InUn and an article of Bahai'sm that I am writing.)  As always, I really loved the hints that there would be big events occurring in the metaplot over the course of the release schedule, such as Otha's cryptic message that there would be unhappy times between ISRA and Aeon and the now legendary Process 418.

I also glanced at the release schedule for Trinity in 1999 which has still not been completed.  We all know the reasons for this, (and we knew about it before some of us bought an inordinate number of books from the series.)

So my question to you is, how irritating do you find the fact that one of your favourite series of games (or definitive favourite games in my case and some other forumites) has been littered with so many potential plot hooks which are destined never to see the light of day, and that all the books that we long to read are also never going to see the light of day?

Sorry about the horrible nature of this question, but it depressed me somewhat over the weekend, and seeing you guys haven't posted too much over the weekend I thought that I would post something provocative...

Secondly - are we happy to rely on books such as InUn to satiate our desire for new material?  I know that I am - because in the case of InUn Breearg and the rest of us and going to put a helluva lot of effort into bringing you a great book - but is that the future of the Aeon Continuum?

Sorry, I'll cheer up soon!   :)

Ya, the whole White Wolf thing about let's put a great game together then promise alot of product burns my buns. Seems like they really didn't give the line what it needed to succeed.  :angry

Yet, screw the science fiction game it's dead :nervous Instead we'll do fantasy like Exalted. White wolf has gone down hill in terms of quality. period If not for this site & others like it, we would see another StreetFighter.  :cry Ya, i buy the product & promote the games but the company doesn't have the design, writing staff, & guts that it takes to succeed. It isn't like we're going to see Trinity Revised any time soon!! :sly   Sorry but this makes me really very sad :crysmiley

As a long time Trinity fan, I'm aggravated beyond belief at some of the major plot hooks that are just left dangling. The one that gets me most is the Ministry's Proxy. What's up with her health? Is she really even the Proxy? I'm crossing my fingers and toes AsAs sees print, even as an EBook.

Alas, the best we can do is suck it up and drive on. Look at it from the prespective that since those stories will likely never be told by White Wolf, its your job to tell them. Personally, I'd rather have a canonical answer, but if they never come then the best we can do as Storytellers is fill in the blanks.

What really gets me is not only the serious lack of following up on plot hooks (which you can argue are for the STs of various games to persue) but also their insistance to put hidden little crap everywhere!  I have to get every single book just to understand half of the friggen time line.  Not to mention when so and so did this and that!  It aggrivates me.  For once I would like to see a consolidated book of characters and maybe events.  WW never consolidates everything...

Oops ... sorry... (returning the soap box from whomever was standing on it)

---Minerva (who is bemused at Senior Mal trying to look adorable)

I think that it was only Mal who metioned his imagined greatness and adorableness.  and for those of you who desperately wish to know what important conversations occur in the staff file, you are in for a treat.  Generic staff thread -

Admin - So that's our latest great idea to increase numbers on the forums.

Aeon - Sounds good.

Joseph - Sounds brilliant.

Mal - Sound great.  Glad I had the idea.

Admin - What - that was my idea!

Mal - Ssshh mortal, I am a God Among Monkeys.

Mal - And that was God AMONG Monkeys, not God OF Monkeys, before any of you wiseguy's mock my greatness.

Aeon - I, a wiseguy, mock your imagined greatness.

Continuum Ad Nauseum.

Just so you know....    :D

Archived