10 Role-Playiong Commndments

CHILL

heh, havent had to buy dice for a while, keep finding ones that my players have lost...  in the strangest of places as wel......um...  i'll be quiet.

:P

Yeah, but the funny thing is, no matter how many times you say:  

Who owns this dice?

Who's lost this purple D10?

I found these three dice under the sofa who do they belong to?

You still get dice that NO ONE owns.  

What I wannna know is where do THEY come from ::ninja

Hmm. . .perhaps the act of gaming itself is so powerful a creative force that it tears a hole in the fabric of the space/time continuum, opening a gateway to a pocket universe known only as the UDD-the Universal Dice Dimension! Here, dice of all kinds drift in a kind of limbo, until a gaming group opens such a rift by their playing, sucking the dice through into our reality. . .and leaving them lodged in couch cushions, under tables, and on the floor.

::unsure

. . .I got waaaay too much free time on my hands.    ::crazy

-Defender.

Never repeat NEVER play RPG's with a graduate MATH headcase.

When they arrive at the session clutching a folder of "new game mechanics" and say "hey these are almost real - I've applied (insert mathematical phrase you've never heard of) and now it's really realistic. You can work out exactly what happens when someone who can lift 10 tons hits a brick wall with a 1 ton Vehicle".

Yes.

It falls down.

"Are these rules streamlined?" I asked politely.

"What?"

"Can you use them real quick in the middle of a battle?"

He just stared at me and said "These are realistic".

It was after the game session that I really REALLY wanted to find out what happens when a guy who can lift 150 pounds tries to throw a guy who weighs 170 pounds through a brick wall.

::smiley1 heh heh heh, been there... just not a math person, a self styled law student (the fact that he had taken no classes in law didn't seem to bother him) he would argue every single roll that could possibly effect his character in a way that didn't suit him... he had every rule in the books memorized, would quote them frequently... i still remember the forty minute disertation on why exactly his character would not need to roll peception to have spotted the sniper, despite his having botched on the roll... what was worse, the sniper failed so it didn't matter, and he knew that all along...

some people...  ::eh

Archived