Little things that I have noticed

Senior Mal

While reading through the Adventure book last night I chanced upon a little passage in the write up of Danger Ace. His picture had always looked familiar to me but I couldn't place it, I soon realised when I read the passage that goes a little something like this,

'Jake is one of the hardiest members of the society constantly surviving what should be fatal encounters, in fact his seeming invulnerability serves him well when several decades later he is known as Jake Danger, Aberrant hunter.'

So Danger Ace is Jake Danger, aside from that though unless its a typo it seems he was active during the Aberrant war as the character as well as in the Trinity era.

just a little something but it made me go  :shocksmiley

Also, on the back of the Aberrant core rulebook at the top there are five faces, Antaeus, Mercer, Ozaki (I assume), Lance Stryker, and a woman.

Does anybody know who the woman is? Shes also in the scene with Totentanz on the spine so she might be an elite?

I don't think there's been any adequite explanation yet for Jake's incredibly long lifespan, especially considering that he's a daredevil. The only thing I can figure is he or another Society member found the Lazarus Pit, Fountain of Youth or other restorative type of Gadget.

I used to assume that the woman was Sophie Marceau of the Aberrants, but she might look a bit too badass for that. There was a thread or two about 'who's who on the cover' in the WW forums ages ago, but I don't know if everyone was ID'ed. Hadn't noticed the similarity to the other picture before - you may be onto to something.

I was pondering the same thing about Jake last night.  As a daredevil he should not be able to prolong his life so long.  But I suppose a gadget or something could explain it.  Perhaps it is just a unigue knack like Mercer's?

Mmmm.  But that is rather cool!   :cool

When I first read that bio, I assumed it meant that the character "Jake Danger" was based on the historical figure "Danger Ace," but after much thought, I'm more inclined to believe they're one and the same.

While Danger Ace shouldn't be alive in the 22nd century, neither should Whitely (a mesmerist), but he clearly is. Its likely Safari Jack is still kicking, but I don't think his formula would work on others (its purchased as a Gadget, and Gadgets are restricted in use to their owner). Your best bet is good old Mercer and his "Chronal Awareness." Some of the abilities he displays in Adventure! are eerily similar to some of the Temporal Manipulation suite's powers.

Dohnigal is probably off creating universes of his own and we know Trick Shot dies shortly before WWII ... I wonder what Professor Dixon is up to.

• 3 weeks later...

:Alient

Who's to say Mercer did not refine his time manipulation powers further than what was listed at the game time in Adventure.  Why couldn't Mercer have manipulated the individuals in questions personal "time field" such as to return them to a younger age without any negative side effects like loss of memory

:wavesmiley

The time travel movies always show the one who travels as being a really lonely person. Whose to say that Max didn't arrange something so that he wouldn't be alone during the Trinity time line.

Or maybe Max knows something big is comming and he wanted to have people he could trust to back him up in his time of need?

Oh, slightly off topic, I heard Justin was the picture of Danger Ace. Anyone know if that's true?

No Sheep

:alien

What the WW boards?

Part of both.  Some of them are the kinds of people who just do not realise just how rude they are being when they are speaking.  I think that it is being invaded by people similar to the rest of the WW boards, but not quite as bad.  There are somep rime culprits without naming any names.  But I understand your reasons.  And (this is a joke) I know never to ever disagree with you again!

Wow. First Chill starts pretending he's someone's wife. Now Breearg? What's the world coming to?  :hehe

I haven't followed the thread much, but in regards to Jake Danger, who wouldn't want to bust some serious squid @$$? With all their mutations, the explode in some very spectacular displays.  :bigsmile

-Joseph

Archived