Superman Returns

Vixen

The music for the original movie was excellent. I'm glad they're holding on to it.

At the same time, I'm conflicted because it's usually better to distance yourself from the previous efforts (BATMAN BEGINS vs BATMAN & ROBIN, for example) than try to retain connection to them.

And I really uncertain how I feel about re-using Marlon Brando, a DEAD ACTOR for crying out loud, as Jor-El again.

So conflicted....

Don't buy it.

He's Superman, not SuperPussy.

I'm not expecting some 'roided out bulkcase. But previous Supe's actors made SOME effort to look more like a tough guy and less like a 90 lb pussy boy.

Also, was never fond of the uber-crystal appearence of the Fortress of Solitude. Not happy to see they've retained that.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ashnod:
The music for the original movie was excellent. I'm glad they're holding on to it.

At the same time, I'm conflicted because it's usually better to distance yourself from the previous efforts (BATMAN BEGINS vs BATMAN & ROBIN, for example) than try to retain connection to them.

And I really uncertain how I feel about re-using Marlon Brando, a DEAD ACTOR for crying out loud, as Jor-El again.
Quote:
Originally posted by Hugin:
Also, was never fond of the uber-crystal appearence of the Fortress of Solitude. Not happy to see they've retained that.
IIRC, Singer really wanted to stick close to the first two movies, especially the vision Donner had as the director of the first and the original director of the second. Also, I believe this new movie is supposed to take place five or so years after the events of Superman II... and that Supes left Earth during that time period, hence "Superman Returns." Hence, keeping the crystal-style Fortress of Solitude, using a modified version of John William's Superman theme, and keeping Brando as Jor-El would lend to linking Superman I and II with Superman Returns.

And I always liked Brando as Jor-El... sure, he was Captain Anvilicious Exposition but I felt that he had the gravitas to pull off the role. And I feel the teaser does a good job of highlighting of how he could at least deliver the lines well.

Unfortunately there won't be any kneeling before Zod involved. frown

Indeed, a light has shown the way... :P

Archived