Aberrant RPG - Parasitic domination

Hi all,

I don't mean to pester the board with question but i just wanted to get some feed back on parasitic domination.

It would be my guess that once inside another nova, he would naturally have access to the novas powers and the novas quantum pool to power the possed nova's´powers. (assume requiste number of net success has been achieved). But what i can't make up my mind about is if the nova retains his own quantum pool for use with his own powers, and if he regerantes that quantum pool, being that he no longer has a MR node. Ofcourse i could just be overcomlicating things but my players are a bunch of lawyers sometimes, (like most people's i'm sure).

Thanks

Bajan_Dragon

Well, I'd say that the nova would regain quantum if in a nova body, but not a baseline body. It doesn't say in the description that Parasitic Possession is permanent.

But, always remember this with rules lawyers - You are the Storyteller, and thus you are god. You don't need to follow any of the rules if you don't want to. If the rulesbook has no rule for a particular situation, or if you can't find such a rule, it is not only your right, but in many ways a duty, to make up a ruling on the spot.

Rules-lawyer players, huh? Well, At least you know that keeping them in check is easy. Especially when rules can be interpreted in different ways...

It has been my impression that while you are using a power that requires maintanence, you don't regenerate Quantum. Since the Parasite is maintaining a power, he shouldn't regenerate...but his host body, theoretically could and he could then use Q-Vampire to drain it off.

well I don't know how much i agree with the while using a power you don't regenerate quantum, some of the higher level powers last for months, And i don't know if activating one of those powers should shut down your quantum intake. But then again that could just be the price you pay for using those powers.

If you are refering to level 4-6 powers I think we need to remember that once you hit Q6 you have crossed over some magical line. The abilities gained at this level don't necessarily have to, or even should, follow the same rules as the lower level powers. So it would be acceptable to say that at Q5 and below, if one is maintaining a power that they cannot regenerate quantum, but at Q6 and beyond you could.

One thing that would help is if you would define the specifics of this particular character's power. A lot of ways to combat it, deal with it, and use it can be discerned from this. That is one of the cool things about Aberrant, each Nova's power works differently than another Nova's, even if they are the same powers. Nova A with Parasitic Domination may change their body into a pure energy state and infuse this energy into the body of their victim. In this case you could argue that in this form they do not have a Node and could not regain quantum regardless. Nova B may physically change into a strange bug like creature and burrow into the body of the victim and latch onto the nervous system of the victim. In this case they still may have a node, but are physically present and are therefore vunerable to certain attacks that Nova A would not be.

So, how does your player's character's work?

Archived