Slagheap

The Trinity time line refers to a "dramatic increase in super-normal events."  What is this refering to?  We know it's not Aberrants, becasue it specifies when they crop up, and we know that there isn't another major Noetic realignment that would trigger large numbers of Inspired.  So, what happened?  Any theories?  

Mine change so often I can't decide.  The way I figure it Dare Devils are fairly common occurance in all times, but other than the fact that they are everyone's favorite usual suspect, I don't think they are 'super' enough.  They could be naturally occuring low power Aberrants and Psiads, eventually evolution will give way to these two groups (yes I know this isn't how evolution teory really works).  It could be independantly createded Cold War Super Soldier types they in being a mixture.  Or, they could be soemthign totally other (though I dobut this).

So, what do you think?

-Slag

Ahh yes, Jake, you beat me to the punch.  I was also waiting for a thread like this to pop up.

I agree with Jake.  Mal was practicing his "nova power up"--you don't just do that kind of world shattering thing on the fly, you work on it first.  Didn't he cause Scripture to erupt in the 1950s or 1960s?  See, he's building up for the big day when the world will be remade in his image... or something

-Breearg

Cheers Jake, I would say great minds think alike, but, uh... I'm an idiot, heh.

It depends on what you consider a "dramatic increase" really.  I would consider 20 weak novas in a year or even a decade as an AMAZING leap.  I mean... these guys are 1 in a million even when they are being artificially triggered.  They are maybe one in the 10s of billions naturally.

-Breearg

• 1 month later...

Perhaps 1970 was something of a "flux" year for the noetic continuum; we know the aftereffects of the Hammersmith explosion had since died down, but the energy field he tapped into has existed since the dawn of time, and surely had it's own natural ebbs and flows. . .it's possible that by 1970 the continuum experience a large ripple effect as it finally "levelled out" after the events of the Adventure! era. . .and this sudden restoration of the status quo led to a variety of weird events and new potentials. Not many paranatural individuals came to be, but the ones that did were harbingers of things to come. A que for Donighal to step up his researches for the big bang of '98.

Just my thoughts.

-Defender.

In Changeling 1969 was the first year that faeries came back to our world from their own(I forgot what its called, it s in the Dreaming somewhere).  The explanation for this is that the moonlandings increased the amount people dreamed, opening a bridge...

So if this were the WoD I might understande 1970 beinga big year for the supernatural, but this is AEon, so the answers Breearg and Voktor gave make a lot more sense than refrencing an unrelated gameline.

but this is AEon, so the answers Breearg and Voktor gave make a lot more sense than refrencing an unrelated gameline

Yeah, but if you ever wanted to suprise players/have a little fun...  :)  How many of the Ab. would be Red Caps & how many of the upper members of Aeon would be Sluagh?  :D  "Secrets! I love secrets!"  ::sigh

Chloe.

• 4 weeks later...

actually, that changeling thing gives me an idea (it's Arcadia, by the way).

max is known to travel to times of great telluric flux, yes?

perhaps not all telluric flux is caused by super-powered people.  maybe something entirely normal that causes so much hope has something to do with the access of this great source of energy.  we do know that humanity is trying, on a species level, to evolve to regularly manifest psi power/m-r nodes/telluric access.  i think that when humanity accomplishes great things, perhaps it breaks down the borders a little bit that keep humans from accessing this potential.

and what other events in human history, normal human history, are more wondrous and great than humankind reaching the moon, without the help of any sort of crazy powers?

any takers?

I gotta agree with you very few things awoke the imagination of the American peoples as the first steps onto the moon. As for the what happened in 1970 Aeon-verse perhaps energy given off due to the space race led to an influx of these super powered individuals. With the whole release of all this energy that was previously untouched...

i think that one of the things that's present and a very important, if somewhat underlying, theme is that of humanity being willing and able to dream.  

in adventure! they dream of exploring new places on earth (which hasn't been fully explored), with aberrant they dream of, well, sheer achievement in every area and problem, and in trinity, finally, they dream of peace, exploring other worlds, interacting with aliens, etc.

i just think that 1969 was as momentous an occasion as 1922, 1998 or 2122, just that there was no instance of humanity unlocking genetic potential, just the hope and dreams inherent in such an amazing event.

Archived