Adventure! RPG - Can the Best be Better?

Slagheap

Where as I see your point about cheating NPC's, I prefer to take it with a grain of salt.  I usually just make exceptions when they are needed because I feel that getting rid of the different "Classes" takes away what makes the game Aeon, and waters it down a bit too much.

-Slag

• 1 year later...

I wouldn't completely take away the "class" structure, just make it more costly EP wise to buy Knacks from other areas.

Other then that, the one change I'd make is to actually support the game with supplements, maybe actually advertise the games. White Wolf has a problem with letting lackluster selling games linger, as opposed to making them known i.e. They should have their play groups play changling or the Aeon games in local game stores.

• 3 months later...
Remove the differences between Stalwart, Mesmerist and Daredevil. Let everyone pick any suitable Knacks. Why? Well, White Wolf can't stay within the borders when they make their own NPC's so why should the players have to? Cheating NPC's suck.

I remember reading somewhere that the 'cheating' was done so players would see that reasonable exceptions were allowed (I believe it was Bates himself who said this somewhere). Now, why they couldn't come right out and say this, I dunno. I still kinda like Daredevils being just Daredevils, while allowing Stalwarts and Mesmerists to 'cross-class'. However, I think StingingSpider's idea has merit.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived