Adventure! RPG - Kimberly Dame

Senior Mal

Ok, so before Adventure came out I was reading through the Expose Abberrants book for Abberrant and came across the personality known as Kimberly Dame.

Having been born in 1898 she obviously lived through the Adventure era and as the last paragraph in her description states -

"She's with the Abberrants because she's heard the words 'Triton' and 'Proteus' and 'Aeon Society' before - and because this Divis Mal character looks awfully damn familiar..."

At the time I thought that Kimberly was the woman in the original Aeon society photo however since the release of Adventure thats been corrected to 'Crackshot' Annabelle Lee Newfield who, before you say anything, can't be Kimberly as she dies shortly before WW2.

So Kimberly probably wasn't part of the Aeon society but she probably would have heard of them and their exploits and Divis Mal looks familiar because Doctor Primoris would've ended up in the newspapers sooner or later.

So, on to my question (Finally I hear you all gasp). Kimberly Dame has heard of Triton and Proteus before but theres no mention of the titles in the core Adventure book. With no more products on the release schedule, we may never find out.  whats everyones opinions on the subject, are the two sub groups part of the Aeon society if so for what purpose?

• 1 month later...

There's hints in the APG that at the very least Proteus has been around since 1977, when Whitly Styles refers to making it into "some kind of wetworks" group. This could be seen as a direct contradiction of staments in the PU book, where it sounds like thetis creates Proteus from scratch.

One of the fun side effects of the various apparent inaccuracies between the three games is it lets us play conspiracy theorist to explain these discrepancies - if everything was cut and dried, what would we have to discuss online? ;)

Anywho, my guess would be that Proteus might have had an original function similar to the way it operates in Trinity, all sneaky and investigative - or is that Triton? Crap.

Another goofy possibility is that the time-jumping Mercer might have let something slip, or she had a look at his personal journals - doubtful, granted, but another possibility.

At the very least, she must have had some contact with Aeon for these names to ring any bells. There are lots of possiblities for her as an NPC, especially since her eruption might let her become one of the few characters to live during all three periods of history.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Umm if my memory serves me correctly, Triton was established in 1994 by Aeon Society, a group that seems to have kept a rather low profile before N-day. So my theory goes as such:

Dame is some random gal who lived through the adventure times thus she knew about the beginings of Aeon. Some time after Adventure and before Abberant she joined Aeon, she met Primoris, (thus he is familiar) Some time late rshe leaves or retires or whatever, but when Triton Foundation is established in '94 it rings some bells. Finally through old Aeon Ties she hears about something called Proteus, not knowing what it is she dismisses it as just another of Aeon's infinate "Projects" later when Slider gets killed she put two and two together and comes up with ten thus realizing that her old allies aren't quite as innocent as they seem she sides with the Abberants to follow in MAx's original dream, to present information to humanity for it's own growth...

so there is my theory.

-PAx's Pimp <ahttp://www.ezboard.com/intl/aenglish/images/emoticons/pimp.gif ALT=":hat">

Creating a brighter tomorrow with the flesh of today

Archived