Aberrant RPG - Split Pers/Powers

nerdvana

I originally posted this at the WW forums, but I want to see if it gets more traffic here...

I've been curious about something... is it possible to have a Nova with Split Personality who had different powers for his different personalities?

The first reply was from Reighnhell who said:

Yes, but I would build the Nova with standard points, and only allow one personality to Use certain powers when in

control. You could take the limited use as a weakness to ramp another parameter of the power.

Other follow ups came, but they didn't add much, and yes, I know about uncontrolled transformation... any other ideas on this? (If not that is cool, just fishing ;))

i guess i'm a nice st... i would allow 30 n.pts. on both personalities, but i would enforce the uncontrolled change and the powers would not be usable by the other personality at all... of course, i would only let a very good player have a character like this, i've been blessed with a completely mature group so we wouldn't have a problem with something like this...

now, i can't remember wether this was played or just an idea, and I think it was slag that told me, but it coulda been jake.....

a trinity character w/ multiple personalities. ( i *think* the guy was actually hunting for his other personality so it was pretty neat sounding) But, I don't know how they did powers or anything.

just a thought, but what if only one personalitiy erupted/ knows they erupted? the other personality would only be able to use the more inactive powers (forgive, but Idon't know anythin about the powers here).  it would really suck to get stuck somewhere and not know you could fly or anything...could be fun...

Oh, if we want to talk about how to handle it in other systems I have to tell you about my wife's Malkavian she never got to play...

She had eight personalities, representing most of the clans and even having a Caitiff (the character had MPD before the embrace and that just caused more splinters to occur).  One persona even thought she was a human still and that one could Eat Food and had Baby Face.  Eight character sheets with the same stats and Disciplines, but with slightly different levels of Abilities per persona.

It was sick and twisted.  ::bigsmile  ::devil  ::bigsmile  ::sly

Archived