Aberrant RPG - Post your Quantum Powers and Enh. here

CHILL

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting... this is probably mechanically better than Disorient.
Against baselines, certainly - their resistance roll goes from 3 dice, to 2 dice at a +1 difficulty.

Against novas, not so much - every nova gets at least 3 free dots in Resistance, more than that if they push their Mega-Stamina up to 3 dots or more. Also, unless the nova has no M-Stam at all, you're still going to have to do something to hurt them before wound penalties take effect. It's a good power to slow down novas who aren't fully combat optimized, but otherwise it's only a small benefit against a fully combat-oriented nova.

Also, unless the nova has no M-Stam at all, you're still going to have to do something to hurt them before wound penalties take effect.

Not the way you've written it up you wouldn't:

If the attacking nova gets more successes, then for each success, increase the target's wound penalties by 1.

That indicates you can give a Nova with zero wound penalties a -1 with one net success.

Also, this...

If the target is pushed up to having a Bruised wound penalty of -2 or greater, they also suffer a -1 die penalty to all actions due to the crippling pain.

... seems illogical - all it does (as far as I can tell) is to give the attacker an extra success if he scores 2 or more net successes to begin with. Why? Why would this produce any more 'crippling pain' than, say, being reduced to -4 (i.e. the standard 'Crippled' dice pool penalty)? I'd say this just complicates the power unnecessarily.

You leave a lot of room for interpretation in how this power mechanically works - with drastically different results depending on how you apply it:

a) the target suffers an extra -1 penalty to all dice pools per net success

- you target Bob Nova, who has Mega-Stamina 5, & manage to get 3 net successes: Bob takes -4 penalty to all his dice pools (-4 because of the extra penalty you add for gaining 2 or more net successes).

B) each net success increases the target's wound penalties by an additional -1, then the target gets to apply any reductions to wound penalties (e.g. from having Mega-Stamina)

- you target Bob Nova, who has Mega-Stamina 5, & manage to get 3 net successes: Bob (since he reduces all wound penalties by 5) ignores the attack & pounds your head into the dirt.

Taking a step back, what does the power actually do, in game mechanics terms? It reduces the target's dice pool penalties. Now, there's already a power which does that (as Alex Green points out): Disorient. The question I have with Agony (& all new powers) is: is this different enough to rate a different power? Why can't a character wanting to produce dibilitating pain in their target just buy Disorient & define it as causing dice pool penaties through agony? Agony is, basically, the exact same power with some small tweaks (different Q-min, range, & defensive dice pool: Resistance instead of Willpower). Properly defined Immobilize or Stun Attack could also simulate an 'Agony' type power.

My advice, if you want Agony to be a unique power, would be to focus more on the whole 'being based on existing wound penalies' bit: i.e. make the power multiply pre-existing wound penalties, instead of inflicting new ones. So, something like this:

Agony

Level: 2

Quantum Minimum: 1

Dice Pool: Manipulation + Agony

Range: (Quantum + power rating) x 10 meters

Area: N/A

Duration: Maintenance

Effect: Via nerve-induction or some other techinque a nova with this power is capable of inflicting debilitating pain upon her target. Many combat novas find it a great surprise when they can start to feel their injuries again.

Description: A nova with Agony can greatly multiply the pain her targets feels, in some cases even overcoming the pain-reducing powers of Mega-Stamina. This pain is as real as any other, rather than an illusion - i.e. it can't be blocked or ignored with Willpower alone, Psychic Shield, or similar abilities.

To use Agony, the nova rolls Manipulation + Agony; the target may oppose with a Resistance roll. The target's base wound penalties (see p. 252 of the Aberrant rule book) are multiplied by 1+ the number of net success the nova scored: e.g. with 2 net successes the target's base wound penalties are multipled by 3 [bruised 0, Hurt -3, Injured -3, Wounded -6, Maimed -9, Crippled -12]. Wound penalty reductions (from Mega-Stamina & similar traits) are applied after this increase to the base penalties: e.g. attacking a target who possesses Mega-Stamina 2 (a reduction of -2 to wound penalties) with 2 net Agony successes produces wound penalties of [bruised 0, Hurt -1, Injured -1, Wounded -4, Maimed -7, Crippled -10].

Agony is a Maintenance power, as long as it is Maintained on a target the effects will occur as & when the target is reduced to each different wound level:

e.g. Agonizer successfully scores 2 net Agony successes on an uninjured Combat Wombat - the power appears to have no effect; three rounds later the Wombat gets hit by a Quantum Bolt fired by Agonizer's teammate Blaster Boy & is Wounded by the attack - since Agonizer is still Maintaining her Agony power, Combat Wombat (much to his surprise) suddenly gets overwhelmed by the pain of the wound as his Mega-Stamina of 3 only reduces his new base wound penalty of 6 to 3 (instead of, as usual, negating it completely). Used to smugly shrugging off such 'scratches' the Combat Wombat turns tail & runs (or rather limps...) away.

... seems illogical - all it does (as far as I can tell) is to give the attacker an extra success if he scores 2 or more net successes to begin with. Why? Why would this produce any more 'crippling pain' than, say, being reduced to -4 (i.e. the standard 'Crippled' dice pool penalty)? I'd say this just complicates the power unnecessarily.

Yeah, I don't quite understand that part either...

Why not just make the power Disorient, but change the resisting roll to Resistance instead of Willpower, define the effects as "pain-based" (certain enhancements, Body Mods, and Mertis/Flaws may come into effect here), and limit the amount of -1 penalities applied to double the current Health Level of the target. So if the target is at a -2 wound penalty, it will go to -4 max.

Then, as a bonus (since everything above are basically weaknesses) the target doesn't gain automatic successes to resist the roll every time a Maintenance period ends. The Q minimum should be 1, and the range x10 not x5 like with Disorient. Also, if the amount of additional wound penalties (those generated by the power alone, not the ones already there) ever exceed the target's Stamina + Mega-Stamina rating, they must roll Stamina. On a failure, they go unconscious from the pain.

And then name it Agony. How does that sound?

Why not just make the power Disorient, but change the resisting roll to Resistance instead of Willpower, define the effects as "pain-based" (certain enhancements, Body Mods, and Mertis/Flaws may come into effect here), and limit the amount of -1 penalities applied to double the current Health Level of the target. So if the target is at a -2 wound penalty, it will go to -4 max.

Then, as a bonus (since everything above are basically weaknesses) the target doesn't gain automatic successes to resist the roll every time a Maintenance period ends. The Q minimum should be 1, and the range x10 not x5 like with Disorient. Also, if the amount of additional wound penalties (those generated by the power alone, not the ones already there) ever exceed the target's Stamina + Mega-Stamina rating, they must roll Stamina. On a failure, they go unconscious from the pain.

And then name it Agony. How does that sound?

What I had in mind was different enough from Disorient that I wanted it to be a different power. Increasing the wound penalties for someone means that first you would have to overcome their bonuses from Mega-Stamina/Merits. (ie, someone with Mega-Stam 2 has their wound penalties reduced to 0/0/0/0/-1/-2. Two net successes on the Agony roll would then return them to baseline normal penalties of 0/-1/-1/-2/-3/-4.)

It is better than Disorient, that the target doesn't get a better resistance roll, and for someone who is wounded, you can push wound penalties up to render them incapable of doing any action, with no maximum of how far you can push that penalty.

It is worse than Disorient, in that almost all novas are going to have a much higher dice pool to resist it, and a healthy target will never lose more than one die. Putting a die penalty on a nova with Mega-Stamina would require a lot more successes than putting it on a baseline.

I might change the range though, as BT suggests.

Mostly this part is odd: "If the target is pushed up to having a Bruised wound penalty of -2 or greater, they also suffer a -1 die penalty to all actions due to the crippling pain."

They're already experiencing pain, that's what the power does. This just adds on another success for free.

Ok, I changed the range, Qmin, and removed the part about uninjured die penalties. More balanced?

Agony

Quantum minimum: 1

Range: (Quantum + power rating) x10 meters

Dice pool: Manipulation + Agony

Effect: A nova with this power is capable of inflicting debilitating, though temporary, pain upon her target. Many combat novas find it a great surprise when they can start to feel their injuries again.

System: The nova rolls (Manipulation + Agony), and the target rolls Resistance. If the attacking nova gets more successes, then for each success, increase the target's wound penalties by 1.

Example 1: Leiko is defending herself from a Kabal assassin, who's obviously a combat junkie with Mega-Stamina 2. She uses Agony against him, scoring 7 successes against his 5. The Kabal member has his wound penalties increased by 2, thus giving him the same penalties as if he did not possess Mega-Stamina.

Example 2: Leiko needs to make an example out of one of her cult members for a mistake, and inflicts Agony on him. She rolls 6 successes to his 1. The unfortunate baseline then has a Bruised wound penalty of -5 dice, scaling up to a Crippled wound penalty of -9 dice.

• 1 year later...

Not sure if this should go here or not as it's an extra rather than power or enhancement. It's also a work-in-progress so let me know what you think.

Full Power MIRV

PreReq: Quantum 4

Nova can target multiple individuals/targets with the same attack/power, and have it inflict its full dice pool, but takes 4 levels of unsoakable bashing damage due to the strain placed on the Node. If the nova chooses to have all the targets hit with only half the full dice pool the damage is reduced to 2 unsoakable bashing.

Sounds like a better way to represent such is with a Selective extra, which makes Area or similar powers apply only to use the user chooses to effect, rather than everyone in the area. This would make it a Q6 minimum power, barring weaknesses ( likely, significant restriction on the size of the area effected ).

Good idea for powers that have already have an area, but what of powers like Q-Bolt and Disintegrate that don't have an area. I was trying to make an upgrade of MIRV. But looking at my prerequisites, I don't think I made it high enough.

So for making a non area attack do this, should I make MIRV the PreReq, up the Q-Min or should it be that you select the Area extra then choose Selective?

So for making a non area attack do this, should I make MIRV the PreReq, up the Q-Min or should it be that you select the Area extra then choose Selective?
Ditto. The later.

Claws+Area+Select could be done with Q1, but mostly we're going to see the Q6+ club with this.

• 4 months later...

I wonder if anyone will notice this.

I've been coerced into running an Aberrant game. One of my players had an interesting concept. The character is an actor that is at the celebrity level of Tom Cruise [influence 5]. After his eruption, he wanted to have an appearance that caused people to have negative effects like paralysis, blindness, unconsciousness, death, etc. He wanted it to be an aberration that was always on. The character was in hiding after his supposed death. He is afraid of his zealous fans finding out he was alive or the unyielding paparazzi finding him for what his aberration will do to them. I decided to make the following power and make it permanent with a high level aberration.

Unearthly Visage

Quantum Minimum: 3

Dice Pool: Appearance + Unearthly Visage

Range: Special

Area: Special

Duration: Concentration

Multiple Action: No

Description: The nova can cause their appearance to change into one with hyper physical features. The visage becomes one of abnormal beauty coupled with appalling hideousness that can only be described as not of this world. This preternatural physiognomy can cause adverse effects in those observing it; ranging from simple shock to cardiac arrest. The severity of the effect depends on how close the viewer is to the nova. If they are within a number of meters equal to the nova's Quantum rating, they must make a resisted Resistance roll versus your power roll. If the viewer fails, they suffer a myocardial infarction and will die in a number of turns equal to their Stamina unless they receive immediate medical aid. A trained person must administer CPR and make a successful Medicine roll before the number of Turns passes to save the victim. Performing CPR successfully prevents death but leaves the victim in a coma for a time to be determined by the Storyteller. Of course a victim suffering a coma will still require medical aid from trained physicians to survive. Novas who are affected by the power at this close range are naturally more resistant and only suffer Unconsciousness on a failed roll. The duration of Unconsciousness is left for the Storyteller to determine and may typically last a scene, but this can vary based on different circumstances. Anyone who makes the resisted roll must also make a Willpower roll at a difficulty equal to the number of dots you have in Unearthly Visage. Failure results in the viewer becoming Dazed for one Turn. In addition to the effects above, while using this power everyone able to see your features with enough detail [typically about 30 meters for a normal baseline] also suffers a difficulty equal to your dots in Unearthly Visage to any rolls made while viewing your appearance. This last difficulty does not apply to the Stamina and Willpower rolls above.

Extra: Inexorable Gaze [Your visage can cause even the stalwart nova to collapse with cardiac arrest. Any nova gazing upon you that is within the proper distance and fails their Resistance roll suffers the same effects a baseline does. It does take extra effort on your part to have the same effect against other novas. Your power roll is done at a +1 difficulty and it costs you three extra points from your Quantum Pool for each nova affected.]

You never actually declare the duration of the power. Also, its grossly overpowered. Even if the effect is instant, unconsciousness and dazing versus everyone in melee range of you ( effectively ), plus autokill versus mortals in the same, plus major persistent penalties on everyone in visual range of you with no resistance roll? Broken, seriously broken. And the extra is just as bad: there *are* no powers in canon able to cause 'death' as opposed to 'damage of some type'.

You are definitely correct. This is a mega power to say the least. I like the idea of turning it into a sweet of powers. It just really fit the character concept. I am not worried about the player abusing it. He is a great roleplayer who only has fun when everyone else is having fun. The character goes to great lengths to make sure the power does not get used. Like I said, he originally wanted it to be an aberration. I just thought it would be easy to make it a power made permanent by an aberration.

The duration is listed as Concentration. I guess that means the character suffers a permanent +2 difficulty to any action he performs. I might need to alter that, unless the player feels it is appropriate.

Any different ideas to make the player's concept work? The idea is that if his millions and millions of fans start demanding to see him, he will be responsible for countless injuries or deaths by them just looking at him.

Hmm, I'm sure people will have better mechanical ideas along soon, but given that you're talking about death and the like...

My first reaction is that you want the High level aberration of Hideous, which makes Face of Terror permanent, which can already cause baselines to run in terror, faint, or suffer heart attacks.

Given that that's Taint 8, it's still quite a bit, plus max out Mega Ugliness and Intimidation.

Really, the power is kind of reaching, and anyone with a permanent version of that is basically unplayable in even a Teragen game. Seriously, that would be a threat to everyone in the world, basically keep the player from even associating with other novas due to their reactions to him. It's a sound concept for the world...but I wonder if the player realizes how much it's going to cut out play time.

Face of Terror mentions fainting and heart attacks, but doesn't really deliver in the mechanical area. I guess you could apply the automatic successes it gives to a certain appearance related power [a modified Stun Attack or Mental Blast power perhaps].

As far as being unplayable, the player has been successful so far. He simply wears a mask all the time. Of course, if his secret were to ever get out...hint, hint. I've found it to be very entertaining from a Storyteller's point of view.

• 3 months later...

This power is based off of a power one of my old gaming buddies had found on the net. We modified it for the game we were starting up at the time, but didn't get much playtesting of it done as that game only lasted for about six sessions. I don't know who the original idea came from and the site we got it from was taken down a couple of years ago.

Here's our version, and I'll add more from my old gaming group later...

Anima Object

Level: 1

Quantum: 2

Dice Pool: N/A

Range: (Quantum + Anima Object) x 10 Meters

Area: 1 Object

Duration: Permanent

Effect: The character has small objects of anima that they can summon and dismiss at will.

Multiple Actions: Yes

Description: A nova with this power has objects that are incorporated into their Quantum signature. They can have as many different objects as they do have dots in this power. The size of the objects possible is dependent upon the Novas Quantum rating; at Q2 the objects must be of relatively small size (a handgun, a long-bladed knife, a PDA, etc), at Q4 the objects can be midsized objects (a sword, a rifle, a laptop, etc.), at Q6 the objects can be large (a car, a small Cessna type plane, a small speed boat, etc.), at Q8 they can be huge (a small jetliner, a yacht, a diesel powered submarine, etc.), and at Q10 the size can be astounding (a jumbo jet, a cruise liner, a battleship, etc.: larger objects could be possible with Storyteller approval.).

They can call such objects to their hands at will. The objects will behave in all ways normally except that they have unlimited usage (I.E A gun never runs out of bullets, a PDA has a seemingly limitless amount of RAM and Battery power.) Objects can be dismissed as easily as they can be summoned. The object is continuous from summoning to summoning (I.E. a pocket organizer summoned on Monday, then has an appointment entered into it, it is then dismissed, when it is again called forth on Wednesday the appointment remains.) however any damage is automatically repaired each time it is summoned. The objects in all other ways are normal and can be used freely to perform there functions (Knives can be thrown, guns can be fired, ropes used to climb, etc…). If an object and the nova are separated by more distance than the range of the power the object automatically dismisses. Normally an object requires no quantum pool to summon or dismiss, however the character can have multiple copies of the same object in existence so long as they are willing to pay one quantum pool to create each one beyond the first. (Once created they last until dismissed or the nova moves out of range.) The nova can have no more objects in existence at one time than they have dots in this power.

Extras: Permanency (The nova pays three quantum points for additional objects beyond the first, but they are permanent and do not fade if the nova moves out of range, they can however still be dismissed and do count against the total number of objects allowed), Multiple Items Incorporated (Each purchase of this extra gives the Nova three items per dot incorporated into their Quantum signature.), Multiple Items Manifested (Gives the Nova a dice pool of Anima Object + Stamina, the Nova can have as many items in existence as dots in dice pool + successes. Each additional level of this extra purchased grants an additional + dice pool amount of objects that can be in existence)

Weaknesses: Finite (1 point, the object must be recharged, reloaded, etc as normal); Fragile (2 point the object is not automatically repairing and must be repaired normally if damaged.)

• 3 months later...

Not a bad premise, but I'm not sure about the execution. Part of me thinks the premise should be done more like a Body Mod, with a fixed XP cost based on the item so summoned, rather than a dot progression.

Okay, here's a tentative Body Mod version

Body Modification – Anima Object

A nova with this power has objects that are incorporated into their Quantum signature. The cost of the objects is dependent upon the size of the object being incorporated

1NP/3XP - objects must be of relatively small size (a handgun, a long-bladed knife, a PDA, etc)

2NP/6XP - the objects can be midsized objects (a sword, a rifle, a laptop, etc.)

3NP/9XP - the objects can be large (a car, a small Cessna type plane, a small speed boat, etc.)

4NP/12XP – the objects can be huge (a small jetliner, a yacht, a diesel powered submarine, etc.)

5NP/16XP - the objects size can be astounding (a jumbo jet, a cruise liner, a battleship, etc.: larger objects could be possible with Storyteller approval.).

When the object runs out of something (gasoline, ammo, power, etc.) or is damaged in some way, the Nova can pay quantum equal to the NP of the objects size to fill or repair it.

And here's an update of the Level One power version

I'd suggest that "destruction" or "repair" of the item can be done once per scene out of combat while "reloading" simply takes an action. It's fair to have a gun with unlimited ammo, it's less fair to have an indestructible battleship.

EDIT: Ignore previous comment. At Q-min 10 it's perfectly ok to do exactly that.

• 4 months later...

Here are a few Extra's -

Psychic Projection (for ESP)

Extra allows certain powers, primarily mental or sensory powers, to be used at the ESP viewpoint as if the Nova was there. It can be used to channel area powers, like Holo or Animal/Plant control, or single target powers like Mirage or Empathic Manipulation, but not direct effect powers like Disintegrate or Quantum Blast.

Fast Scan (For ESP)

PreReq: Far Scan

Nova only takes one minute to be able to set up a viewpoint, regardless of distance from the Nova, and has a plus two added to the difficulty, regardless of distance.

Target finder (For ESP)

This extra allows a Nova to find a certain person with their powers with relative ease. Someone that the Nova knows very well, such as a family member, a best friend or a lover can be found with no difficulty, and they can project their consciousness to that person’s location with ease. Someone that is known by the Nova but not on a personal level, such as a movie star or the friend of a friend adds one to the difficulty roll and someone who the Nova really doesn’t know except in vague detail, like by reading up someone’s medical or legal history or knowing something of note that person did, adds another one to the difficulty.

• 9 months later...

Hail my fellow Novas!

I am pondering Quantum Affecting Powers, and what Power may be used to defend against them. Disrupt, Disimmunize, and others of similar effect are a HUGE pain in the Node! Any reasonable ideas will Glorify Mal-Ooppss! I mean; will be respectfully appreciated.

Thank You,

PowerStar

I've seen two options.

1) Invulnerability (Quantum-adjusting powers: Disrupt, Disimmunize, Q-Vamp, Q-Leech, Q-Imprint, Aberration Transfer)

2) One of the games on www.rpg-post.com has a custom, 5pt Merit that allows you to spend a temp WP to gain three auto-successes on resistance rolls to anything that would alter your own powers.

Any defense against these powers is practically guaranteed to be +auto-sux to the resist rolls. Personally, I find Invuln works best as a broad category, and I suspect I left out a few powers since my books aren't with me. Alternately, you could do a level one power like Psy Shield for the same power list, since it's low-cost.

Revised

Blood Control

Level: 3

Quantum Minimum: 4

Dice Pool: Variable

Range: Variable

Duration: Variable

Area: Variable

This disturbing power gives its wielder the power to manipulate and control the most precious of fluids: blood. The nova may roll Perception + Blood Control at any time to locate and determine the amount of blood in a creature or object in a (Quantum + BC) x 20 meter radius.

Bloodrush:

Dice Pool: Intelligence + Blood Control

Range: (Quantum + power rating) x 3 meters

Duration: Special

By making an opponent's blood rush to his/her head, the nova can knock his opponent into unconsciousness or at the very least, give him a bad headache. The nova pays the required quantum and rolls Intelligence + Blood Mastery in a resisted roll against the target's Stamina. If the net successes of the nova exceed the target's stamina by 1, the target is Dazed. If by 2 or more the opponent falls unconscious for 2 rounds for every 1 net success.

Hematokinesis

Dice Pool: Dex + Blood Control

The nova can manipulate any creature or vessel filled with blood as a nova with Telekinesis. This funtions as TK, but only affects creatures with blood or something containing blood (jar, blood bag, etc).

Blood Boil

Dice Pool: Manipulation + Blood Control

Duration: Instant

This horrifying ability literally makes their "blood boil" and causes it to shoot out of all the target's orifices. Doing so causes [Quantum x 2] + (Power rating x 2 ) levels of lethal damage to the target. The target soaks normally with his/her stamina, but may not apply bonuses from wearable armor or the Armor or Force Field powers.

Healing

Range: Self

The nova can spontaneously create new blood in herself and can send it to rapidly heal wounds she has received. By spending the required nova points, she may heal Quantum levels of damage. This power cannot be attuned to affect others.

Blood Shield

Range: Self

The nova can deflect incoming hand-to-hand attacks by shunting the target's blood away from the striking limb. Each turn, the character can subtract his power rating in BC from the attack successes of any H-T-H attack. The shield also "softens" the blow by providing 2 soak for every dot in BC the user has.

Analysis

Dice Pool: Intelligence + Blood Control

Range: Touch

The nova puts any forensics team to shame. By touching a sample of blood and making an Intelligence + BC roll, he is able to make astute observations about the nature of the blood, almost to the point of psychic ability.

One-two successes: Can determine what kind of blood it is (what bled it, blood type, etc) and can determine how long the blood has been there.

Three-four successes: Can detect any diseases, poisons, or drugs that were in the person's system as well as the creature's age and gender.

Five+ successes: Can tell what took place when the blood was shed from the bleeder's perspective.

Hail and well met!

Great job! I love this version! My intended Enemy for a PC (Took Enemy Flaw) will have this Level 3 Power. His Nova Name will be:"The Blood Prince". Keep up the great work. I look forward to seeing any more of this caliber. Magnifique!

Elemental Mastery; Force Fields !

What do you think? Too broad? I was thinking of a Nova who would be all about Force Fields, and this made the most sense too me. Otherwise,I'll have to go with buying Force Field, a Q-Bolt(FF),Disrupt (with limitation;Only VS Force Fields), and A SEPERATE FField with the WALL EXTRA...I could, but I want to know what my Peers think. Ideas? Opinions?

• 2 weeks later...

Hail fellow Novas!

Here is a Mega-Intelligence Enhancement that I call "Natural Code Breaker" ;

Spent 1 Quantum Pool Point to Activate for a Scene, and have the ability to figure out codes,cyphers and Electronic/Computer Algorithms. Add +3 Dice to all Code Breaking and E-M Warfare Rolls for the Scene. This is intended to work like Natural Genius.

Thank you for your time

Hail Teras!

Mental Prodigy: Code Breaker

;)

It sounds broad enough. There's a degree of overlap with MP:Computer, Linguistic G, and Investigation G but I think it'd work.

Thanks! I know it's got some overlap, however, I thought it might appeal to those who are "Nova Detective" types. Any constructive critique would be welcome.

The one issue I see is in many games it's going to be a solution in search of a problem. I.e. many game environments don't have the PCs dealing with codes and code breaking. On the other hand it's come up in some of the standard made-by-WW scenarios. This is clearly a specialty, much more useful for a Directive nova than an Elite. As normal, it's going to depend a lot on the ST and what he wants to do. Hardbody isn't that useful if the ST doesn't like Agg damage.

OTOH, lots of people send around encrypted messages, even when they don't think about it ( OpNet ). Players don't often seek those out, since they can't do anything with them anyway. However, if you have Mega Int and Cryptographic Prodigy, you *can*. . . so presumably you would seek them out.

• 2 months later...

I created a very simply new power for an NPC in my game:

Killer Instinct

Quantum Minimum: 2

Dice Pool: Variable

Range: Special

Area: Special

Duration: Concentration

Multiple Action: No

Description: A Nova with this power can channel their quantum into raw deadly focus. For many the 'power' is unnoticeable, a background instinct (hence the name) that leads them to efficient killing, for others it is a more meditative, practiced affair. Irrespective, the effects are the same.

A nova with Killer Instinct adds +1 Accuracy and +1 Damage to any and all attacks they make per level.

Very simple, very nasty. It was designed for a nova hitman who specialized in guns, and as he had it at 5 gave him pretty crazy dice pools for attack.

Archived