City of Heroes

Cool to know a few people still play though. I'm on Justice and I've gotten 3 characters to level 5. I know I should choose a character and stick with it but I just can't help it. Creating characters is so much fun!

Right now I have a Mutant Scrapper with Martial Arts and Super-Reflexes called War Strike. A Magic Controller with Gravity Manipulation and Storm Summoning called Dee Lite (She's my cheesecake character) and a scrawny looking Science Tanker with Invulnreability and Super Strength called Ultra-Lad.

So what are you all playing?

Quote:
Originally posted by Xander MacIntyre:
So what are you all playing?
Back in the day I took all 5 original ATs to at least 20. My tanker was my highest and was 45ish when I quit. My tanker was ok to start with, then got really boring, but they made changes to make it more fun. Unfortunatly they changed a lot of that and he's sort of screwed up now and can't really be fixed.

I loved my blaster, thought my scrapper was ok, never got into my defender, and at a point got bored with my controller. I think I played every possible combo to at least level 8, which can be accomplished in 3-4 hours.

Not that there's much to read, but you can find the remnants of our CoH forum here: http://www.nprime.net/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=38

Magnum Opus (yes, yes, different Magnum Opus) at level 34. Invulnerable mutant tanker with a similar backstory to the dude from 'There's Always Tomorrow.'

The soon-to-be-created Modus Operandi, a natural defender with archery. Former science superhero who lost his powers, and now is redefining himself while staying 'on the job.'

The science scrapper Scarlet Thorn, a low-level spines/regen scrapper. A former possession victim of the Circle of Thorns, a chance encounter with Devouring Earth mutagens broke the spell but left the thorn in her heart, and now she can replicate it endlessly.

The Knight Watchman, the ghost of a dead cop from the 1920s with goggles cut from crystal balls that let him see past life and death. Dark magic defender.

The Spirit of Stone, a symbiotic sentient chunk of pavement with earth and sound powers, created from the psychic trauma the city endured during the Rikti attacks.

All on either Protector or the test server in the case of those with powers yet to be officially released. I find I enjoy creating backstories a lot, so all of my characters have one.

I play. I have around 15 characters, none of which are above 20.

I'll list the Characters that I play often

On Virtue I have

Mega Girl Inv/SS Tank

Adam Curie Rad/Rad Defender

Klobber Kid Fire/Mace Tank

Hurricane Annie Storm/Elec Defender

Protector

Dragar Fire/Fire Blaster

Man-Child Mental/FF Conroller

Dr. Magmia Fire/Stone Tank

Perseid Ice/Ice Tank

Myrmidon-0069 AR/Devices Blaster (Halo rip-off)

Infinity

Marcus Gaius MA/Regen Scrapper

Those are pretty much all I play these days. One day I'll pick up my other ones. Pharaoh-Bot, Oslo, Rylo, Gravitus Rex, Elona, Conduit is in there but not under that name.

• 1 month later...
Quote:
Originally posted by James 'Prodigy' Meehan:
I'm playing again on Virtue.

DarkArtemis 10 Scrapper
Ms. Stone 4 Tank
Le Petite Mort 4 Controller
Storm Bear. 2 Blaster

No one over 10. I suck at powerleveling. I'm slow as a mo-fo.
Okay, it now stands at:

DarkArtemis: 13
Storm Bear: 9
Manolo Pink: 4 Defender.

I'm having more fun as I've actually hooked up with people who know how to group.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, right now my character is on a friend's account. Here is the breakdown.

If you want to run into Silvertalon (my best bud), look for Nogi-Sune on the Justice server.

After I get back into the swing of things, look for Sakurako Hino on the Virtue Server.

Sakurako is sorta hard to miss, in her sailor suit and all. ^_^

• 3 years later...

Once I can get the money to pay for the monthly fees (or a free weekend comes back), I'll be back on. I'm pretty sure that most of my chars are on Justice, with my main being a healer by the name of Ilira.

If I'm on and anybody needs a good healer in their group, feel free to ask.

Well, I've played this game in the past and enjoyed it but, it just doesn't have enough to keep my interest long term. It is the prettiest MMO out there though. And I love that you can fly, and superleap and superspeed. The travel powers are a blast.

I'm looking forward to Champions, myself. I agree with Fox that CoH didn't really have enough to hold my interest, and I can't stand the control system of most MMOs( 1...2...3...is 1 recharged yet? sigh. 3...4...oh sweet! 1...) and am looking forward to the fully mappable controller and the energy system, which should make some difference. Plus customizable powers, and expanded character creation, including creating your own nemesis. And it's by the team that created CoH, so it's gonna look great too.

I had a chance to see, and play a little, the stress test beta.

It was pretty interesting. Unfortunately we didn't get to mess with the power customizing, since it only went for one day.

But the character creation is visually pretty spectacular. And I'm HAPPY to report that capes, wings, and so on are in at level 1 this time. There's a lot more 'tech' options too...jetpacks, rocket boots...all kinds of cool things.

Hopefully they've added even more by now.

• 1 year later...

I've been tempted to check it out. I'm not too interested in playing the game content. Been there, done that with multiple character types to max level.

What I am curious about is the graphics upgrade. It was already one of the best looking games out there. If it's free this weekend with the new graphics I'll definitely sign in and check it out.

I can't play these games long enough. I just lose interest after a while. My first character, TUM TUM, is 47th level. I played him the first year and have been logging back in when a free weekend comes up just to try and get him to 50. I'm not even sure if that is the cap any longer. I think my villain is somewhere in the 30s.

Archived