Trinity RPG - The Aeon Trinity As it Stands...

Aeon

I was just reading some of Adventure! last night and in particular the letters written between Mercer and Donighal.  It struck me that the Aeon Society that Donighal advocates but Mercer rejects most vehemously is actually the same type of organisation that the Aeon Trinity has grown into!  You know guiding humanity and keeping secrets.  Oh, the irony!

Does anyone else agree on this?   :)

In the Aberrant PG there's that section about Aeon that indicates that they've strayed from Max's original intention. I've always felt that they'd never just 'fade away when no longer needed' - institutions don't die easily, and I imagine the heads of the Trinity could always find another problem that 'needs attending to' before they can close shop.

By the Trinity era, Aeon is doing a lot of good work despite their sometimes 'cloak and dagger' attitude, so maybe that's not necessarily a bad thing.

ok, i got a question this has always bothered the hell out of my about trinity as a game... for as important and omni-present as aeon is,

what the hell do they do?

now, i'm not talking aberrant or adventure... the trin. books make vauge referneces to it being a liason between the orders, a philantrophist organization, and it having three (ill-defined) projects... that's all nice and good, but it doesn't answer the question. they guide humanity, how? they find secrets, why? who's in charge? where are they headquartered? what is their goal? how big is the society? how does one join? why would someone join?

it just seems to me that for supposedly being the center of the game, aeon is blatantly ignored... they don't even have a blurb really... you would think there'd be a source book for something so important, or at least a reasonably sized chapter somewhere detail it at least a little... so, i guess if anyone has any answers that would be great...

-harle

(sorry for the rant)

Joe's right.  That and the number of different Aeon reps that always seem to be in the background all the time - from the UN, to the Orders to national governments.  It has become the conspiracy that Mercer did not want it to be.  A bit tragic really.

The Trinity Player's Guide has a nice fat chunk of info that'll probably answer all your questions. Topics range from General Structure (from Central Headquarters to Chapter Houses) to how the Trinity deals with governments, corperations, and Psi Orders to a complete breakdown of all three divisions and who heads up every little branch to the ÆON Council and its functions to how backgrounds work for ÆON members to the daily life of ÆON members and finally to how ÆON puts together teams for missions.

If you're looking for an ÆON sourcebook, pick up the Player's Guide.

weird... :Alient i own the players guide and thought i read it cover to cover... apparently i missed a big section... thanks guys, now i'll just have to go back and find it...

the "aeon are good guys lecture"? gasp! no, not again! not again! *harlequin runs for her life leaving joseph and his lecture far behind in the dust*

-harle

Archived